August 21, 2014 | 1745 users online

Moisturizers - Passion fruit (Maracuja) oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only oil my skin likes and I've tried them all. My skin loves it!!! I bought this online from a natural brazilian store for about $5. Will buy this forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by calennon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I was bored one night and flipping through the channels I saw it being sold on QVC (Tarte). I have terrible deep grooves on my neck as a result of a vicious sunburn in my twenties. As I got older it became worse with age to the point I was very embarrassed to show my neck. Bought it it on a whim fully expecting to be allergic and to return it. NO WAY! In less than a week my lines are at least 80% gone. My husband noticed, my friends noticed - all unsolicited. You can still notice some lines in certain lighting but the difference is so drastic I can't believe it. Will they come back if I stop using the oil? Maybe - but I'm not going to give it a chance. Next time I will probably try the less expensive route but I am hooked on this stuff. Oh, and I have extremely sensitive skin but am able to use it on my face and neck with no issues at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by curdmor

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Read the reviews here and decided to try Maracuja passion fruit oil. Thanks to a tip from one of the posters I was able to secure one ounce of the oil from the Oca-Brazil site for a total of $4.50.

Lovely stuff and a delicate scent worth the price on it's own.

Will write again and revise this when I have been using the oil for a time. Right now; I think it's a winner.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Zoeluv514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got Tarte's Maracuja oil in the Allure monthly freebies and i have to say...WOW! I've only been using it for 2 days and it's incredible what it's done for my skin. My pores are nearly gone (I wish the really were), my skin looks healthier and brighter and my complexion is so even. Now...will I repurchase Tarte's oil? NO! $46!! You're kidding, right? I WILL however look for an alternate brand once this is empty, and just reuse the bottle (cuz it's soo cute!) I've never used a face oil before so I don't know if you can or are supposed to use a moistureizer with this, but I don't and I can't even notice. I have combination where my tzone litterlay drips with oil sometimes. I wore my makeup all day today and it wasn't until the VERY end of the day that any kind of oil broke through my foundation. And i wore NO powder (first time ever) and it looked like I was wearing an HD powder. I can't say enough good things about this. I just want to yell in everyone's face to try this stuff, it's just soooo good!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by prettylights

I also went an alternative route to the Tarte brand and purchased Natural Bliss, which I am extremely happy with. I have a full review on my blog of Tarte oil Vs Natural Bliss oil here: http://prettylightsbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-tarte-maracuja-passion-fruit-oil.html
The cheaper version is less refined than Tarte's and works better, IMO. I didn't even finish my Tarte sample after I got the NB oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by AnnieLen

I too went searching for a generic/alternate source of the magic maracuja oil after seeing the tarte presentation on QVC. I just knew that the bulk of the cost of the product was for fancy packaging, advertising, and a name brand.
I easily found a site selling the oil through a web search. I purchased a huge 4 oz bottle from a natural website (can't remember the name) for around $13. Realizing that it would probably come in plastic, I also purchased a 4 oz amber dropper bottle from the same site for a mere $2.95. Even after shipping, my maracuja oil was less than half of the tarte oil and I got more than three times as much.
I have combination skin with extremely dry cheeks that tends to be sensitive. I am turning 40 in two days and starting to see very fine lines (nothing major). My skin LOVES this oil! My dry patches stay hydrated all day and my t-zone isn't any more oily than it normally is. It was so inexpensive that I don't feel at all guilty about using it all over my neck and chest. I also put it on my hands before bed and rub it into my cuticles.
I can't wait to see how my skin looks and feels in a week and in another month! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried so many oils in my lifetime, most with results that were nothing to write home about. Most are too heavy for my combo, acne-prone and rosacean skin and result in clogging, deep breakouts or general oiliness that feels gross. I first heard about Maracuja oil on QVC when they introduced it through a bottled version from Tarte. They included a very long list of the benefits of this oil and I knew I had to try it. But..the price....$46? Yeah..... I loved the little dark purple bottle it came in with a stopper, but the price was too much for me. Through my research, I discovered that Maracuja oil is also known as Passion Fruit oil and is available on many websites. I purchased mine from OCA-Brazil (www.oca-brazil.com) for $5 + $3 for shipping, so $8 for a 1 oz bottle. INCREDIBLE deal, especially when compared to Tarte's $46 for 1.7 Oz bottle. It's the same cold-processed, 100% pure natural oil with no additives, preservatives, fragrances, etc. The bottle is a plain, plastic white bottle, but it works.

So, onto the actual oil...heaven! It's so light and fluid. I apply 1 drop to wet hands and smooth it onto my face. Most websites say 2-3 drops, but I've found that 1 drop is perfect for me. It's very calming and soothing to my ultra-sensitive skin and it's drastically improved my skin texture. My breakouts have vanished (even hormonal ones) and my skin feels incredible. It also doesn't make my skin feel oily, just nice and naturally moist. My forehead, which is usually plastered with a million clogged pores, is perfectly smooth and even. It doesn't prevent ALL blemishes from forming, but the ones I do get are very small and they go away quickly.

I also wanted to add one thing. The reason I started experimenting with natural products is because I was fed up with paying good money for chemical-heavy products from the store that don't even do what they're supposed to. Going the natural route has drastically improved my skin and also saves me money! There are so many uses for everyday household items that most people don't even know about. For example, for the past few months, I've used nothing but honey to wash my face. It's proven to be the best cleanser I've ever used (check out my review for this as well)! If you start looking around the internet, you'll find all sorts of uses for everyday kitchen staples that could really help you save too! =)

37 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No