Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 11/17/2014 11:01:00 PM

I really like this brush. It's very soft, fluffy and affordable. I don't use it for blush since I like to use a more firm brush for precise placement. But I LOVE using this to contour, since you get such a light application due to it being so fluffy. It works great for bronzer, and it's never shed even after I've washed it.

on 11/16/2014 1:59:00 PM

Magic Brush! Very good quality and best price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great brush for very pigmented blushes!! I use it for my theBalm Instain blushes, and some of my Nars blushes (Exhibit A, for example). I tap the brush in the blush a few times, and it works well to sheer out and blend the blush without getting the clown face going on.

It's a big brush, but I don't apply product to the whole area- just the very tip of the brush. Then I use the tapered bristles to blend the color. It diffuses it perfectly.

I wouldn't try to use this on anything but a very pigmented blush, as I can't see it picking up enough product to be anything but frustrating, but if you like bright (or dark) pigmented blushes, like me, this is a great brush!

The only thing I don't like about it is the handle. I don't like that they made it so thick at the bottom. I understand that they wanted it to stand on it's own, but I never do that. Mine lives in a brush holder with the rest of my brushes and just takes up excess space. Because of that, I have moved on to the It for Ulta Live BeautyFully Domed Powder brush. It's got the same great shape, but a handle that plays well with others.

Still, I keep this for a backup, and I will never bring myself to get rid of it. I highly recommend this brush in spite of the handle. For the price, the quality is amazing, and it's quite a unique brush in it's price range.

on 11/15/2014 12:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this brush at Ulta because I wanted to try a "dome" blush brush. I like it, its much different than any blush brush I have tried before, and it does blend beautifully. Sometimes its a bit difficult to control because of how large it is though. Its a very nice brush but I'm not sure that if I misplaced it I would repurchase.

PROS: The brush is so soft and fluffy - it literally feels like you are brushing a rabbit's tail across your face. Given the excellent quality of the brush, the price is quite affordable, especially for individuals who are just starting in makeup.

CONS: The brush is too big for my face, and the bristles are too long. That being said, I didn't have very much control when applying my blush, and thus often had uneven blush application. Sometimes, I even felt like my blush was getting applied everywhere on my cheeks when I wanted it to target a specific area. I feel that if the bristles were shorter and more densely packed, it would have much better functionality.

FINAL THOUGHT: Overall, I think it's a great brush, but it just didn't work for my cheeks.

on 11/14/2014 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This brush is super cute, and although that does not affect the performance I do love that it's pink. The other plus, this is super soft and not at all harsh and scratchy. This does and excellent job of picking up product as well.

On the downside the head of this brush is too large and unweilding. It's very difficult to get precision placement and I end up with blush bot on my cheek bones and in the hollows of my cheek. I like the brush fibers and the shape of the brush head, but not the size.

on 9/16/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the Real Techniques Brushes! I use my Blush Brush everyday. I find it applies and blends the blush on my cheeks well. The bristles are soft and they never shed. The brush is easy to clean and it dries very quickly.

on 9/16/2014 1:48:00 PM

idk. I really wanted to like this but I don't. It is just too big. I prefer blush brushes that blends and fits on the apple of my cheek. This brush seems better suited for wide strokes, larger faces, and/or contour application. It is very soft and well made, but just not for my face size and preferred blush application.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not a terrible brush but I'm replacing it after a few weeks as it's not really for me.

Pros:
- Soft bristles
- Sturdy handle
- Good price

Cons:
- For the amount of product it picks up it doesn't deposit much
- It's too big as a blush brush for me but I'd consider it for my setting powder
- Inexplicably when I wash it the bristles just won't fully rinse nearer the ferrule. When I reshape the brush I can hear suds squelching away no matter how much I rinse it. I even broke the cardinal rule and rinsed it upright and still I could hear soapy suds. The ends of the bristles are fine, so it's still ok to use, but I find that super annoying :p

I've bought a smaller tapered brush for my blush now, I prefer a more contoured look anyway!

on 8/20/2014 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

- Value for money
- Lasts a really long time (had my for 2 years and it still looks as good as new)
- Doesn't shed.
- Long handle, great grip
- Super tightly packed bristles that are soft and deposit product evenly

Everyone from makeup artists and beauty bloggers to regular folk swear by the Real Techniques brushes. Believe them all, this is truly the ONLY brand of brushes you ever need to own.

Popular Makeup Brushes