November 25, 2014 | 1716 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel - Blue Lagoon

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by brooksy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This colour is absolutely stunning. It is a very pale blue, like a pretty robin's egg kind of blue. The polish has a very slight sparkle in it, but it's not very noticeable - I was ok with that because I barely noticed it in the bottle when I bought it. The formula is pretty sheer and streaky, so I had to use 2-3 coats to make it opaque. I am more than happy with the packaging - top notch, as always for Revlon polishes. I'm pretty sure the price of this one varies quite a bit, so I won't quote anything, but I got lucky and picked up two Revlon polishes for $7 (the other was the pale yellow, Sunshine Sparkle, which I have yet to try, but I'm sure it will be gorgeous as well). I just love this colour. I think it would be flattering on any skin tone, and it is perfect for spring and summer! If you have the patience for three coats, I would definitely recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by noctisnox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I was looking for a nice light blue. The color is absolutely gorgeous. They were buy one get one half off, so I decided to get it along with the Sunshine Sparkle in the same collection.

However, the actual product wasn't very good. It was streaky and took about 4 coats for it to look remotely even. Lighter, pastel colors have a tendency to do that for me though so it wasn't to big of a deal.
It took forever to 'dry'. Anytime I hit something there is a flaw created (this was a few hours after application). It bubbled on a few nails as well. I used a base coat and top coat but it still chips very easily.

The color itself is nice, very light shimmer. I've gotten compliments on it, but it's unfortunate that is doesn't stay on..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Revlon has a cute little springy collection out right now which includes several new polish shades as well as 2 packs that include 3 mini polishes in new shades. This was one of the full sized ones, and I nearly didn't look twice at it since I already own a pastel blue and see no point in having another. But then I picked it up and was intrigued by the fact that it contained these icy looking flecks within it. They were much more pronounced under the lighting at Walgreens and since it wasn't "just another" pastel blue I was sucked in.

I applied when I got home and was bummed to see that the icy looking flecks were much less pronounced than they were in the bottle. If we ever get some sunshine again (seriously it has been raining for days and I've given up hope lol) I am interested in seeing if the icy flecks are more pronounced in sunlight. Right now I'm rather disappointed. I can sourta see them in certain lighting but overall it looks like another pastel blue from a distance. I was totally having a fantasy that the flecks would be more pronounced and give this some kind of awesome depth.

I HATE applying Revlon's pastel colors. They are awful formula wise. I own two from the scented polish collection and they are just as awful as this one is. Apply too thin of coats and it is a streaky mess, apply too thick coats and the stuff never ever dries. This one had the added bonus of being a little lumpy because of the shimmer flakes which is totally stupid seeing they are not even that pronounced.

Unless I report back with "OMG this is awesome in sunlight" I would say save your money. I'm starting to believe that if it looks neat in the bottle, it probably won't translate as well on nails.