September 1, 2014 | 1895 users online

Liquid - Stila - Perfect & Correct Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I have oily skin and during the hot summer months I can't use anything but a powder foundation however the seasons are changing and it is getting a bit cooler outside for fall I like to use a liquid. I had used Stila's One Step in the past and remembered liking it so I gave this new version a try.
It is not as full coverage or matte as the One Step but I do like it. It is more like a gel texture than a mousse and feels lightweight. It dries down to a semi matte finish and evens out my skintone. I do layer it if I need more coverage and use a separate concealer for blemishes. It wears well throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was first matched on the shade Tone. It was really nice and match my skin tone. I prefer my face to match my neck and chest, it only look matched when I'm inside the mall, store or house. But when I go out, my face tends to look a bit darker or tanner.

So I chose the next color, Light. It works too, but I tend to get a bit pale. So I have to put a bit of bronzer on top. So all in all, I'm in between Tone and Light...but buying 2 of these isn't practical. I wish they come out with more shades.

For the finish, when I use a full pump, it looks a bit tacky. Sometimes too matte. But I have oily skin so it tends to be dewy as the day goes by. I need to blot my face a few times. But it's just my face. :P

When I use half a pump, it still covers my acne scars, redness around my nose, makes my skin even. But the product seems to melt off my face during the day. So I use full pump, then finishing powder on top to make it work for me.

When I have dry skin, it tends to settle on wrinkles under my eyes and healed up acne. Gross. But make sure to moisture and exfoliate.

I like the product because it already has primer on it, moisturizer and the foundation. But too pricey. It feels light on skin, doesn't feel like you have too much on your face, it has this cooling effect when you put it on. Good for everyday use. medium to full coverage - depending on much much you need to cover. I don't need a concealer when using this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Sua

This foundation smooths and covers in one step! I have a few pimples every now and then but they leave many scars behind. Perfect & Correct completely covers my redness and down plays my scars a lot. I'm very thankful that such a convenient foundation exists. I don't have to wait for primer to settle or play the lottery with makeup application. Some times my makeup would look good, some times not. I have very oily skin and large pores. Finding a foundation was tricky for my skin. Some foundations and primers would be great but made me oilier. P&C works every time, as long as my face isn't dry from acne medication.

It controls my oils to the point where it'll be tolerable. I still blot my face throughout the day but the foundation stays on. Other foundations I've tried would wipe off while I blot or just suck the moisture out of my skin. P&C is a nice compromise and the biggest deterrence is the price. I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative but if not I'll be sticking to P&C

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by RedHotPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation, but I really expected more from it. The packaging and design is really innovative and attractive. The formula of the foundation itself is cool, refreshing and light, and goes on very smoothly. I found this to give a fairly light amount of coverage, which initially didn't bother me because I don't like the look of full coverage foundation anyway. But it wasn't buildable and didn't even cover my mild redness or old acne scars. If my skin improved, I would definitely buy this again; but if I need to hide anything at all, this foundation does not work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mandyjane28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After all the great reviews on here I was really excited to try this product, itís quite expensive at $88 here in Australia but I had a credit note from Mecca and had also taken a sample home to try so I thought why not? The sample lasted me the weekend and I was really impressed as it went on flawlessly, matched my skin tone to perfection (Iíd be given Tone) and lasted the whole day even when I suffered a bad case of allergies to my friends cat so I went a got the full size product. After 3 days the product wasnít as flawless and didnít stay on as it had before, like the previous Make Up Alley member my skin became super oily after a couple of hours and it felt so uncomfortable I couldnít wait to wash my face when I got home. I have also broken out in whiteheads all over my chin which I never get so I will definitely be bringing this back. Iím glad that it works for others and I hope I can find something that will one day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by sikandria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many makeupalley members i have bottles and tubes n pots of foundations all at some point hoping to take the title of holy grail status,alas!non ever do quite make it but this one may be half way there.
I purchased this in shade called tone which since i bought it guessing from swatches viewed online only,was a good match for my skin tone- mac30.shiseido fair ochre.esteelauder dwear itensity 03,arden soft beige,to name a few of my fav foundation shades.
I wear stila primer underneath and then just use my fingers to put on three light layers which are enough to cover any minor marks and pigmentation issues,since i dont have any major skin issues the result is a flawless looking complexion,i blot with any powder to hand and love the fact that this foundation does not oxide on me which is a pet hate of mine.

Coverge is medium to full,buildable without looking cakey.the lasting power is about 8-9 hours.Yes i would buy again,i recommend ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Gina613

I purchased this based on the reviews everyone wrote and right now I am very happy! I was using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, which I do like quite a bit but I needed a darker color for summer. Instead of buying the GA, I figured i would give this a try, especially since it is less expensive and also meant I wouldn't have to buy a new bottle of Givency Meteories Primer because it has the primer in the bottle along with the color! This purchased save me around $90...not too bad! So far so good...It goes on very easily (i use a foundation brush to apply), doesn't leave any brush marks and really fills in all of my lines and pores much better than GA! It stayed put all day and never looked greasy. I agree with others that the color range leaves something to be desired but if you are looking for a "summer" foundation I think this may work for you. Coverage is light but has more than a tinted moisturizer, which is perfect for my tan skin in the summer. Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I said yes to the repurchase, because if they developed a larger color range, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I got a good sized sample of this at Sephora, and used it for about a week. The coverage is pretty light but very buildable, and it felt so refreshing and nice that I looked forward to putting it on my skin. It did stay a bit tacky, but I always set with powder anyway. It wore naturally all day and kept my T-zone completely matte. Love it! HOWEVER, there were only five shades to choose from at my Sephora. FIVE! The closest one to my skin tone was still way too yellow. Even after applying powder and blush, I looked almost jaundiced. I am so sad about that! But I imagine after all the positive feedback, they will probably release some new shades. Here's hoping!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I'm still on the fence about this one. I'd really like more coverage since this is a foundation and not a TM. I also don't like how it feels tacky for the first few minutes after applying though that did go away. The Shade Fair is definitely a better match but not spot on. Again, for $44, I really wanted to just love it.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This is only day 2 of this product for me so I plan to update in a few days or so. I first picked up the shade Light which looked fine in the store but once I got home was way too dark. Even my 7-year-old daughter noticed. I then took it back and exchanged it for Fair, the lightest shade. This was definitely better but not exactly my perfect match. Anyway, this goes on very nice, it's almost creamy but dries to a somewhat matte finish. I definitely needed to layer some more on some problem spots so it's pretty sheer on one initial application. Seemed to have pretty good staying power and I can get pretty oily by mid day. The reason I'm giving it a 3 is because for the price, I wanted to be wowed and I'm just not. I'm going to try it for a few more days but may exchange for Stila's TM. I'll update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok, I also bought this due to the reviews here. I'm glad I listened. This is fantastic.. the texture & finish are as close to perfect that I've found! And I have about 20-25 foundations in a drawer that I've been disappointed with! This is the first foundation I've tried that is perfect without powder! The finish is medium, but build-able.. yet not cakey. I don't have huge pores, but this makes my skin look flawless. Smooths all imperfections and also evens out all my redness. I still need concealer on my acne scars, but the ending result is so natural and smooth, I could care less. I'm extremely impressed & I'm so happy I found this product! I'm hoping I don't break out from it.. cause it is nothing less that miraculous IMO. LOVE! The price is a bit high, but I don't care... I'll pay it for something this spectacular :)