Stila Perfect & Correct Foundation

4.1

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Peg/Ppg-Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /_) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) .

on 12/13/2011 9:59:00 PM

Wow, I love this foundation! First I love the way it feels on my skin, I love the texture, so creamy and blendable. I have actually seen a difference in my skin. I am no longer "red", my skin is so much calmer. I honestly can't believe it. Now its a light medium coverage but buildable. A concealer is probably necessary for problem areas if you have them. Finally I love the way it looks on... I look bare faced but with a nice dewy glow in a med to light coverage. It lasts longer and looks fresh longer than my last foundation, it can get me through the work day and then some. It also doesn't change colors. It seems expensive compared to other brands but I have had this for 2 months now and I can barely tell its been used... A little seems to go a long way. Without a question I will buy this again. I love it so much I tell everyone who will listen. I never thought a foundation could get me this excited.

on 12/3/2011 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Okay so I normally never write a foundation review this early, and I will come back to say whether or not it broke me out, but this foundation is so amazing I don't even have the words. This foundation looks so good on my dry skin *but* it isn't heavy or thick or wet and it actually dries to a nice satin finish. It's also really long lasting. I wouldn't feel I had to redo my mu to go out to a nice place after work or something, which is a rarity for me.

While I use my Rosehip Seed Oil at night for proper moisturization, I find I actually don't need a moisturizer with this during for it to sit well. I probably will still use moisturizer, but it's nice to know for summer and it's just nice for a product to live up to it's claims.

It's lightweight on the skin and cooling, not like irritation mint cooling, but just cool like a cool bottle of moisturizer. The texture is whipped, but it blends more like a water based foundation. I don't feel like I have to be there all day making my foundation looks nice. It's build-able for random breakouts, but it can be worn very sheer too. It's a true light to medium coverage foundation.

The biggest downfall of this foundation is shade range. Fair starts pretty dark, especially for Stila, and all the Caucasian shades are warm. I'm lucky, as a neutral undertone, that I have brown skin. I'm a more neutral NW43 in MAC and I wear Deep.

Dark - is a pretty neutral shade, it might lean cool and it's about an NW40/NC35

Warm - is extremely warm as the name suggests. I applaud that it isn't orange-y, it's simple way yellow and it might even look good on warm olive skin. It's the shade depth of about an NC47. NC50 might be able to wear this sheer and blended out.

Deep - is a neutral shade about an NW43/NC50 depth.

on 10/29/2011 10:49:00 PM

this is a very light coverage foundation with a very light feel....i dun think it did correct alot nor is it a high def foundation.....i like it because it doesn't bother my sensitive acne prone skin and i have no problem blending it on any part of my face.....

on 10/29/2011 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. I have very, very oily skin. This foundation is surprisingly long-wearing but still feels fresh on the skin (it's not dull and heavy as many longwearing or mattifying foundations tend to be). It has a light, mousse-like texture which goes on smoothly and a very natural medium coverage finish. This foundation darkens in colour a lot once it's dried down, so I would advise when testing colours that you let it settle for a few minutes before checking the colour. I use the shade Tone, which looks very light for me in the tube, but once applied and dry is a perfect match for me (medium, NC30). Shades seem to run a bit darker than the One Step foundation. I love the packaging - the pump format is very handy, and I love that it's plastic (not glass) as it's a lot easier to travel with. I have tried A LOT of high end foundations (I must have at least a dozen in my drawer at this moment!) and this is definitely my favourite.

on 10/9/2011 1:54:00 PM

I really want to love this product because it's more yellowtone than the others ( Dior nude 021, Chanel VL aqua b20). However it oxidizes like crazy on me. Turned orange in 20 min. I have dry skin so there's not a lot of oil on my face since the purchase ( Oct 2011).

Ladies make sure you test in store.

I'm Asian ma NC25

on 9/22/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and during the hot summer months I can't use anything but a powder foundation however the seasons are changing and it is getting a bit cooler outside for fall I like to use a liquid. I had used Stila's One Step in the past and remembered liking it so I gave this new version a try.
It is not as full coverage or matte as the One Step but I do like it. It is more like a gel texture than a mousse and feels lightweight. It dries down to a semi matte finish and evens out my skintone. I do layer it if I need more coverage and use a separate concealer for blemishes. It wears well throughout the day.

on 9/16/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was first matched on the shade Tone. It was really nice and match my skin tone. I prefer my face to match my neck and chest, it only look matched when I'm inside the mall, store or house. But when I go out, my face tends to look a bit darker or tanner.

So I chose the next color, Light. It works too, but I tend to get a bit pale. So I have to put a bit of bronzer on top. So all in all, I'm in between Tone and Light...but buying 2 of these isn't practical. I wish they come out with more shades.

For the finish, when I use a full pump, it looks a bit tacky. Sometimes too matte. But I have oily skin so it tends to be dewy as the day goes by. I need to blot my face a few times. But it's just my face. :P

When I use half a pump, it still covers my acne scars, redness around my nose, makes my skin even. But the product seems to melt off my face during the day. So I use full pump, then finishing powder on top to make it work for me.

When I have dry skin, it tends to settle on wrinkles under my eyes and healed up acne. Gross. But make sure to moisture and exfoliate.

I like the product because it already has primer on it, moisturizer and the foundation. But too pricey. It feels light on skin, doesn't feel like you have too much on your face, it has this cooling effect when you put it on. Good for everyday use. medium to full coverage - depending on much much you need to cover. I don't need a concealer when using this.

on 8/18/2011 10:33:00 PM

This foundation smooths and covers in one step! I have a few pimples every now and then but they leave many scars behind. Perfect & Correct completely covers my redness and down plays my scars a lot. I'm very thankful that such a convenient foundation exists. I don't have to wait for primer to settle or play the lottery with makeup application. Some times my makeup would look good, some times not. I have very oily skin and large pores. Finding a foundation was tricky for my skin. Some foundations and primers would be great but made me oilier. P&C works every time, as long as my face isn't dry from acne medication.

It controls my oils to the point where it'll be tolerable. I still blot my face throughout the day but the foundation stays on. Other foundations I've tried would wipe off while I blot or just suck the moisture out of my skin. P&C is a nice compromise and the biggest deterrence is the price. I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative but if not I'll be sticking to P&C

on 7/30/2011 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like this foundation, but I really expected more from it. The packaging and design is really innovative and attractive. The formula of the foundation itself is cool, refreshing and light, and goes on very smoothly. I found this to give a fairly light amount of coverage, which initially didn't bother me because I don't like the look of full coverage foundation anyway. But it wasn't buildable and didn't even cover my mild redness or old acne scars. If my skin improved, I would definitely buy this again; but if I need to hide anything at all, this foundation does not work for me.

on 7/28/2011 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After all the great reviews on here I was really excited to try this product, itís quite expensive at $88 here in Australia but I had a credit note from Mecca and had also taken a sample home to try so I thought why not? The sample lasted me the weekend and I was really impressed as it went on flawlessly, matched my skin tone to perfection (Iíd be given Tone) and lasted the whole day even when I suffered a bad case of allergies to my friends cat so I went a got the full size product. After 3 days the product wasnít as flawless and didnít stay on as it had before, like the previous Make Up Alley member my skin became super oily after a couple of hours and it felt so uncomfortable I couldnít wait to wash my face when I got home. I have also broken out in whiteheads all over my chin which I never get so I will definitely be bringing this back. Iím glad that it works for others and I hope I can find something that will one day!