MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

4.6

on 1/14/2014 1:34:00 AM

Love love love this! It's perfect to use while contouring and highlighting those cheek bones and brow bones. It's opaque and stays matte all day long. I'm prone to acne and it hasn't irritated my skin or broken me out once. I know it's semi pricey, but let me just say that you get what you pay for! There is not one drugstore illuminator that even comes remotely close to the quality in this one!

on 1/9/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with this product. I had nabbed some from my girlfriends makeup bag when I had left my makeup at home pre a date night and absolutely fell in love when I tried it on. I have dark circles and need a good primer to really make my concealer stick. This is great. It primes the eye area, both under the eyes and the eye lids and makes a great base for concealer, liner or you could even just throw on mascara and go au natural. Definitely a fan.

on 11/30/2013 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love love love love love love love. Hate the price, but love everything else. I will continue to buy it even though it's pricey because it is one of the only highlighters that really looks good on my fair skin.

This is really good! It's great for a natural highlight effect; in that it naturally makes your face appear sculpted/highlighted where you apply it. I apply it to the tops of my cheek bones and it really, really highlights them in a way a shimmer powder doesn't. It doesn't have a glow effect or have any shimmer; instead it's very pale (but the rose base means it doesn't wash you out or look unnatural). The ingredients are non irritating and won't break you out :) - yay mac (I ran them through cosdna). It's a great price (imo); most high end highlighters are so expensive, but this one is so resonable. I like the sleek packaging and it dispenses a good amount of product :). The shade itself is very, very pale - I applied it pretty much all over large areas of my face, and it made me look washed out (I am about an nw18) - so I wouldn't recommend that or recommend this shade for medium and up skintones. But to highlight your features; this is AWESOME, really natural, it will forever be in my makeup bag :).

on 7/11/2013 8:45:00 AM

I was so sure this was the perfect color for me, but it looked very ashy on me. I am NW20. This should have been perfection, but it always gave me this ashy look. No matter how little I used. Now given all the raves for this product, I still think maybe I was just doing something wrong. But bottom line is, I had to return because no matter how I used it, I wasn't enjoying it. I tried Light Boost too (sample) but it was off as well.

on 6/13/2013 4:20:00 PM

I'm obsessed and love a good highlighter that has peachy pink undertones as I use them as an under eye corrector. Originally I fell in love with the classic Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat No 1, but then found a budget friendly drugstore Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant. When I heard MAC was adding their own version to the market, I had to try and went down to my local counter to purchase it. Radiant Rose works beautifully with my complexion, MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. The formula is creamy, silky, and blends easily into the skin. Sets without the need for powder and pairs beautifully with many of my fave concealers when used as an under eye corrector. Provides a good medium coverage for me and wears all day without fading, feeling or looking dry, and doesn't settle into those lovely fine lines and creases. Definitely brightens and illuminates without shimmer or glitter too.

Comparing MAC to Maybelline:
- Packaging - Both are packaged in a click style pen with an attached synthetic brush applicator. (I personally despise this packaging. I snip off the bristles with scissors for hygienic and comfort purposes and prefer using my own brushes or fingers for application/blending)
- Product amount - MAC 3.6ml/0.12 fl.oz with Maybelline 1.5ml/0.05fl.oz (and Yves Saint Laurent 2.5ml/0.1oz)
- Swatched side by side - MAC Radiant Rose is lighter and pinkier whereas Maybelline's Radiant is darker and more peachier.
- After - Maybelline when finished is tossed in the trash and MAC can be used towards their Back 2 MAC program

Personally I've converted and made the switch to MAC's Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen as it a wonderful product, great coverage, and meets my needs for an under eye corrector.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've had it for few weeks now and I love it! I've tried bunch of under eye concealers/highlighters and this is currently my favorite. The price point is good compared to YSL#1 and I prefer the finish and color of the Mac. I thought it will be similar to Maybelline Dream Lumi in Radiant but this performs so much better. Maybelline is peachy Mac is pinky-er. It also doesn't sink into my fine lines and the blendability and the finish is so much better. It's a great highlighter if you are somewhere between NC20-30.

on 4/23/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Man, I wish more people knew about this product!

In comparison to the famous YSL Touche Eclat: This is cheaper by half but has more than twice the amount of the touche eclat! It has more coverage and is more brightening too. You can't beat this one for fair skin (I'm NC15-20). I hope MAC never discontinues because I'll be buying forever and ever!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I recently bought this and I really like it! I use it under my eyes, on my forehead, down my nose and a bit on my chin. It really gives a certain glow and it highlights my under eye area which makes my face look so much fresher. I have thought about buying the touche eclat - but this is a whole lot cheaper and I'm satisfied! :-)

on 3/4/2013 6:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a a great brightening product. It works as a color corrector with pinky undertones to lighten dark areas. It doesn't have these useless shimmer particles which i dislike. I use this either over or underneath my concealer and i find to have surprisingly l little creasing. The price/g is great in my opinion since similar products usually offer half the product for the same price!

Top Rated MAC Products