November 24, 2014 | 1992 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a a great brightening product. It works as a color corrector with pinky undertones to lighten dark areas. It doesn't have these useless shimmer particles which i dislike. I use this either over or underneath my concealer and i find to have surprisingly l little creasing. The price/g is great in my opinion since similar products usually offer half the product for the same price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Mrsnaz

This is a really nice product for brightening the under eye area and as a general highlighter. Lovely colour and easy to blend. Don't like the packaging as I'm not a fan of click pens, I prefer to see how much product I have left! I apply this over my nw30 pro long wear concealer and it looks fab.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this highlighter, but like the Pro-Longwear concealer much better. This does a great job of brightening the under eye area, but can be drying and extra moisturizing is highly recommended. It's great to apply on the brow bone to give the illusion of lift. I've found the Pro-Longwear concealer stays put after applying and does a great job of concealing any dark spots. I might try the suggestion of mixing a little of the highlighter and NW20 concealer together.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by skygirl777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I am loving this! It was suggested to me by a MAC artist who said to mix it with the Mineralize concealer. I mix it with NW25 and it covers and illuminates beautifully, so pretty and fresh looking...:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by tapestary

I was researching on this product on MUA, but was disheartened to find only 10 reviewers at that time. BUT all 10 of them gave optimistic opinions about it so I decided to go ahead and purchase mine=] n I'm SO GLAD I went ahead to get it!!!! This magic wand is amazing!! comes off liquid but allowed enough time to blend and finishes off as a semi-liquid/powdery finish. Try to visualize it as a "better-than-powder" highlighter that comes out of a click pen applicator. The price, to me, was kinda expensive considering it's amount and size, that's why I gave it 4 lippies. And as for the packaging, it took quite awhile for the product to actually be seen coming out of the brush at the first click, but subsequently it was fine. I was trying to be careful with not clicking more than once at first try cos I read alot about some of the noctorious reviews regards to the click pen type of applicator (some dispenses way too little, others way TOO MUCH). The colour payoff is fantastic! Love the way the pink tone is not too pink nor too light, and it's juz right for my NC15 skin (for ref, I'm NC15 with MAC Studio Sculpt concealer and using Dior SkinForever Fusion wear foundation in 012 - Linen).

True enough, just like some of the other reviewers of this product said, I skipped concealer under my eyes after using Radiant Rose in it's place. This product helps to maintain my undereye areas crease-free and fine lines-free throughout the day (more than 8 hr of wear). I love the overall effect when I add a touch of this highlighter on the bridge of my nose, a little on my cupid's bow, and under the arch of my eyebrows. My entire look became more radiant, healthy-looking, while at the same time natural. Happy that the amount dispensed each time is in small adequate amounts as it's true to the saying of "a little goes a long way". For this product, the effect is better seen when you layer on a lil at a time instead of lapping alot at one shot - easier to control the brightness that you want as well.

Quoting the makeup guru I followed (gossmakeupartist): For undereyes, go BRIGHTER instead of LIGHTER.

Kudos to this highlighter!! <3 <3 <3

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ptina78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SO I went to my Mac counter looking for a blush and a new concealer. The makeup artist took me straighter to the highlighter pen (mind you I was like what are you doing)...She put it on and OMG...I am in love!!! It is very natural and almost covers my dark circles alone. I will def be repurchasing this again. THANK YOU mac lady :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I'm NC30 in Mac pro longwear & NW20 in pro longwear concealer ,this hilighter alone does almost hide my dk circles and w concealed it completely hides them n stays in place all day, I also have this Jupiter pen in bright forecast but its a lil darker for my eye area then I like .I think bright forecast will be a better choice for the summer but not for the winter /fall time anyway I love this product n recomment it for everyone ;) the only negative is the applicator I feel like I'm waiting product cause a lil goes a long way n the pen lets out allot more then what I need :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by lalee2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this Highlighter Pen! I am a MAC NC25 in Studio Fix powder and use the NW20 in Studio Finish concealer. I have been using the radiant rose as a highlighter over my studio finish concealer. I have never used this as my primary concealer but it would probably work. I originally purchased this pen in light boost but that was a little yellow for my skintone and did not give me the brightening effect that I was looking for. I returned the High Boost pen and on my second try I went with Radient Rose and it is the perfect color for me! This is a great highlighter and under eye brightener. I am not a fan of the click pen that this comes in but that is the only con for me. I will definitely be repurchasing this as long as it is available!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by reminisceem

It works fine but I'm afraid the colour is a bit too light for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A cheaper alternative to YSL version. Love the formulation and color. This conceals and gives me a highlight without shimmer. Perfect shade for fair skin.