February 28, 2015 | 1598 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Pure-Clean

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by SamIAm2197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried this with the shampoo when I went on vacation for a few days and didn't have my regular hair stuff. I figured, if I'm only going to use it for this few days and then go back to my regular shampoo/conditioner, why not choose biodegradable?

The shampoo was fine except for the smell, but this just was gross to me. I felt like my hair was coated with a thin layer of something after it dried. The smell of this bothered me as well. It smelled fine when I put it on in the shower, but once it was dried it really bothered me. I put some hairspray on my hair and it masked the smell, but I definitely won't be buying this again.

I gave this and the shampoo to my little brother (he has longer hair for a guy) because it really doesn't matter how sleek and shiny his hair feels. He'll probably buy again just because it's biodegradable and if you don't care how your hair feels, why not do some good for the earth?

This products definitely going on my, 'Never Buy Again' list.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel a lot better knowing I wasnt the only one with this problem! I hated this conditioner so much, I thought it was my hair going through a phase so I tried the shampoo and conditioner as soon as I saw the first commercial since it claims "No weigh down." It did just about the opposite. It sat in my bathroom for about a year and I cringed whenever I was forced to use it if there was nothing else. I tried watering it down- A LOT- still no difference. My brother loved it though, it really cleaned his hair nicely and he has the same hair as me. He still buys it to this day.. This shampoo/conditioner left me with nothing but greasy hair (that took about two weeks of using other shampoo to get out!!**) and tangled, ratty, disgusting looking hair.. I now have huge trust issues with shampoos.. really.. Insted I use Suave Professionals or Tresemme!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like the silicone-free and "natural" aspects of this conditioner. What really sold me was the fruity, refreshing smell. It makes my hair smell great for DAYS. It doesn't build up, and I'm not sure if it's my shampoo not doing a good job, but whenever I use this all over my head, scalp to ends, it feels a wee bit greasy. It's perfect, however, if I use a regular conditioner near my scalp and this Garnier conditioner for the lower parts of my hair and ends, so I still get the benefits of all the oils in the conditioner and the wonderful scent lasting in my hair for days. I don't think I would buy this again, however ideally I'd have a conditioner that I could use for the entire head.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by kmdigian

I am a fan of Organix line and SLS free lines but I decided to give the Pure and Clean Fructis a try.......the absolute WORST conditioner I have ever used! The shampoo is fine, I have no problems with that but this conditioner should be pulled off the shelves immediately! I don't know what the company was thinking. I have easy to manage hair, it's not too thick, it's not too thin, it always has body and shine etc. I used the shampoo and conditioner, dried my hair and it was a horrid mess. It felt so weighed down which is funny because the bottles states " with no weigh down" and my hair separated into greasy looking pieces????? My husband asked if I had dried my hair completely and I over dryed it just to make sure it wasn't still wet. It felt as if I never rinsed the conditioner out and I made sure I rinsed very well because I read such horrible reviews on the conditioner (which should've been my red flag to return it) that I thought it can't be that bad and it was operator error, not the conditioner. Well, I was wrong, it's the worst conditioner ever! So please, save yourself the time and money and do not purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by thyniki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm normally someone who only buys brands like Nature's Gate and Avalon Organics, but since this is somewhat "green"/paraben and 'cone free and was REALLY cheap I decided to give it a try. Initially, I LOVED the softness it added to my hair, but over time it gave me a strange buildup and made my hair really dull and dry. On the bright side, it adds an amazing amount of volume and beautiful texture to my fine, straight hair, even after getting that buildup. But I've discontinued it because I'm afraid of it doing some serious long-term damage in terms of dullness/drying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

No no no.

In my quest to go paraben free I thought, 'why pay $18 for conditioner?' and decied to try garnier.

My 8 year old and I use the same shampoo and conditioner and I kept accusing her of not rinsing her hair enough. It looked greasy the same night as her shower. Greasy and weighed down, coated with something.

Then one day I spent an hour trying to dry my hair before I realized it wasn't wet but was coated with some kind of horrible greasy glop. I had encountered this once before with a L'oreal product. Sigh.

As much as I appreciate their attempts to go more natural, avoid this product line like the plague.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by funkyfresh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This sucks! It weighs my hair down a lot, yet somehow still manages to keep it dry and frizzy at the same time. Never getting this again.
However, it does smell good, and it is cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this conditioner! I always use it paired with the shampoo and find that after use, my hair is easy to comb and not weighed down. I do notice as I'm rinsing it out that there's not as much slip to my hair as there normally is with other conditioners, and I attribute that to the lack of silicones. It's a good, basic, product that smells nice and does a good job detangling and conditioning.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

What is going on with Fructis???? I used to use the sleek n shine one about 5 yrs ago so i decided to try the new pure clean line... BIG MISTAKE. For me it felt like i didnt even rinse, like it was crunchy, and that was still IN the shower. The conditioner did nothing for my long colour treated black hair. Later on in the night, my scalp had this weird oily car grease smell, not cool.so what do i do with a full poo n cond????? I hate throwing things out when there full, but i kno it will just sit in my bathroom...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by KatieSix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only person who got incurable greasiness with this conditioner. The first time, I assumed I'd somehow forgotten to rinse. The second time, I figured I'd just have to rinse *better.* The third time, I wised up: you can rinse your hair until it squeaks and still get the greasies the next day. And why does it contain corn starch?

If this is Garnier's attempt at creating a "greener," less wasteful product, they've utterly failed, because the rest of this is going in the garbage.