November 25, 2014 | 1792 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by piercingQuiet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm just slightly disappointed that there isn't as much volume with this formula compared to the original but given that I have stubborn Asian lashes that won't stay curled whatsoever, this formula surprisingly held a curl all day and it lengthens pretty well for me. So far I have a got few questions asking me if I was wearing fake lashes which is really flattering considering that I'm actually only wearing a cheap drugstore mascara along with the fact that my natural eyelashes are not in any means long.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

Price - about $6

Performance - Not that strong in the waterproof/smudge-proof department, but it does last a long time before smudges start to show along the rims of lower eyelashes (and no it's not my eyeliner because these smudges have appeared on days when I wear solely this mascara).

Volume? Not really. Just about average. You could certainly build up more than what it delivers from the first swipe but you better be swift because this formula dries fast and stiffens the lashes pretty quickly.

Curl? What I dislike is that for some odd damn reason, the formula drags down my lashes. I'm Asian, blessed with thin, straight lashes (yeah, awesome right?). The eyelash curler is my lashes' best friend, and this mascara is my eyelash curler's foe. Any curl I create in the beginning of my application ends up withering downward after a few hours.
I know it's advertised for volume, so of course I don't expect it to help with anything other than volume. But when it has adverse effects while failing to successfully deliver its promise...it's a no go.

Color? I got it in Blackest Black, but the color is definitely not that black. There just isn't enough oomph to the blackness.

Overall - I wouldn't repurchase. Recommend? I don't know. It might work for you as long as you don't have straight lashes like mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kacie822

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! I have very short asian eyelashes and when I use my revlon curler and this my lashes look amazing! The waterproof holds curl all day and it really separates and lengthens well. I use this on an everyday basis! Only complaint is the packaging. Not sure if it's the tube I got but the one I have the little stopper thing comes out when you pull out the wand a lot. Other than perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Amazzinvila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG mascara!!! In love with this stuff! It separates my lashes so well! and it gives you amazing volume!! i wish the length was better, but i mix this mascara a little with another for length like the revlon lash potion. && its amazing, looks like natural falsies!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I wanted a basic mascara that will darken my lashes, not smudge or give me raccoon eyes, and holds a curl. I went on a hunt for just an average mascara that's cheap and this has pretty good reviews overall. I am thoroughly disappointed with this mascara. First of all, the wand is big, why the hell do I need a wand that big? Makes it smear onto my eyelids or around the eye area. The formula is quite wet and it seems to separate my lashes quite nicely. It looks decent when first applied but after a couple hours this stuff smears so badly onto the lower portion of my eye especially the outer corner. I need something that won't make me look like an idiot because I don't have time to check up on my makeup at work. I ended up having an embarrassing moment at work when I finally saw the havoc it created after three hours. God knows what people around me were thinking.. Probably thought I don't even know how to apply makeup properly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Very nice mascara I picked this up in waterproof blackest black at Winco foods and it's obviously more of a separator mascara. The wand is fat in the middle and thin on the ends. With my Mac cleanse off oil it's super easy to remove at night so no issues there. And the formula is nice and wet. I did notice that at the end of the day my lashes felt a teeny bit weighed down but it could could be because I load up in morning and add some more out of habit throughout the day. Does hold a beautiful curl and my lashes are naturally long that they touch my eyebrows with mascara on

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SeekingFor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the brush is too big and gets all over so i used a different brush and it was okay. it doesn't run and holds a curl but goes on thin and dries out quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Zemdawn

My new favorite mascara it lasts all day and Lately I've been receiving lots of compliments on how long my eyelashes look! I have long eyelashes and with this mascara they look really really nice I love them it just makes them defined and look longer as for the volume it's okay not as good as the colossal but I've never received so many compliments on my eyelashes as with this one! It's also really black easy to get and not expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by christina8499

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh it's alright. I think it's gives pretty good volume but no length whatsoever. It's pretty. Waterproof and hold a curl, even though my eyelashes are pretty naturally curled, if I do curl them it stays. Overall it's ok. It could be better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by candlelights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow the best mascara I've tried so far!!

I have really straight Asian lashes. They are longer than typical Asian lashes but no where as voluminous or long as I wish they were. I also have super oily eyelids so I can only use waterproof mascara or it'll smudge within half an hour of application.

I tried One by One because of the reviews on MUA and it really lives up to it's hype! First of all, this mascara can hold my curl all day! No drooping whatsoever, which is a big deal for my pin straight lashes. Second of all, no smudging! Even having it on all day! Granted, I do use a eye primer and powder on top, which helps. The only thing is that it is a little difficult to remove at the end of the day.

It's winter right now, so my face is much less oily and greasy. I'll have to try this out in the hot summer to see if it really works! So far, I am very impressed and will recommend this mascara to everyone.