April 20, 2014 | 1753 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac 270

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jennifurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

BOO. I just adore this color but the consistency is gluey and gloppy; it's streaky and goes on uneven; and it started PEELING off like rubber in less than 6 hours. WHAT?! I generally love and trust Sally Hansen but this beautiful milky lilac color is the worst performer I may ever have seen and used. Worst part? It's so purty I'll keep using it for short excursions, expecting to get one afternoon or evening out of it *max*. But for $2, what more do you want? It was on sale; maybe it's old. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by kiburford

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMMMMGGG I love this nail polish and its a really pretty color on brownish tan skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just put this on for the first time tonight. My initial thoughts were, "ugh!" The first coat went on very thick and streaky; but when I put a second coat on, it went on beautifully! It evened out perfectly. I put on a coat of Seche Vite and it looks gorgeous! It's a lovely creamy lilac that looks on the nails just like it does in the bottle. I can't speak to wear at this point, but will try to come back to add. I probably won't ever use it up but I think I would buy it again, I LOVE lilac polishes, and the price is great on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by tofuxx

my favorite polish this summer. i've gotten compliments every time i wear it.
at first i found the consistency too thick and hard to apply but once i got used to it, i get the fastest manicure with this. no base coat or top coat, just 2 coats of this and done. i was surprised at how fast this polish dries since it is pretty thick. i've done my nails right before eating with chopsticks and another time right before going to sleep. both times my manicure stayed nice. one odd thing is the staying power is better without my opi top coat. so alone, it lasts about a week before chipping but with top coat, it chips after like 3-4 days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bobsodamndelicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

totally buying this again if i run out the packaging i just wish the bottle was bigger i love this nail polish im getting into pastels lately and this was a perfect addition to my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I LOVE THIS COLOR TOO ALONG WITH THE OTHER CRAZY IN LOVE REVIEWERS BELOW ME. WOW, just wow. I've been looking the for right shade of lilac for a very long time. Lacey Lilac reminds me of a colored Easter egg it's so wonderful and cheerful to look at. The color is a very creamy opaque lilac with no shimmer. ONE COAT!!! (shhhhh, I'm too overzealous here. I'll stop yelling). This color is so opaque that it covered my nail completely with just one coat. The staying power seems to be decent. It's lasted three days so far with no chipping but it could just be the particular base and top coat I'm using. The formula is a bit goopy and lays down streaky at first. Once you brush it on, it takes a second or two to settle down flat. The end result, you should have flat even color. The brush sucks and is annoying almost like it has a cowlick the bristles seem to separate a bit. All in all, I'm loving this color so much and it was super cheap and found almost everywhere! :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this color! That's why it's so hard to give this a rating of 3, but the consistancy and staying power isn't the best. This is the first color I've purchased in the "Xtreme wear" series, so I don't know if all of them are as goopey as this one. The tickness of this made it difficult to apply and made it hard to apply evenly without lumping.
I've used this twice. First time I applied 3 coats, and the second time 2 coats and I used a topcoat each time. Both times the polish lasted 2 days before it started chipping (I think due to the goopey consistency). I normally use China Glaze, Orly, or OPI and they normally last around a week.
I'm disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Lena56

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite shade of lilac I've found! I own about 8 different brands/shades and would definitely stock up on this bottle, just in case they discontinue it. I love creamy "flat" nail polishes and I'm obsessed with lilac nail polish. GREAT color! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous lilac creme - the formula is a bit thick and goopy, but I actually enjoy this kind of consistency. Once you get the hang of it it's very easy to apply and get an even coat. This doesn't dry very quickly for me, but it's worth the wait because it's such a pretty muted lilac color. One of my spring favorites!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish was difficult for me to apply. At first it was too watery and applied very thin. I realized I forgot to shake the bottle but once I did it became too thick and gooey. Is there no in between? So basically I had a thin coat on one hand that dried easily and a thick goopy mess that wouldn't dry on the other. I was in too much of a rush to redo it otherwise I wouldn't complain.
Anyways, the color is gorgeous as you probably noticed from the picture that made you click this review! It's a really affordable and for that I will buy again. It didn't chip easily either. Overall I do like this polish a lot. =)