April 19, 2014 | 1819 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Fox in A Box - Skinny Dipping

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by DrugstoreModel

Wow, this blush is super vibrant! I have a lighter olive skin tone, so when I wear a typical amount of blush that I would wear with any other blush, it kind of looks like the sun smacked me across the face a few times. It's a beautiful color, though, and at $6 it's a steal! Just, don't use the brush that comes with it, not even in emergencies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First a note: I broke my years-long complete boycott of WalMart to buy this product. Which is only available at WalMart. I hate WalMart for many (I believe, valid) political/moral reasons, in addition to the fact that I have a real visceral reaction of disgust and horror whenever I am inside one. I am not exaggerating. I am truly ashamed of myself for letting my love of makeup/cute packaging override what I thought was a genuine moral conviction. I am a bad, bad person. Okay on to the fluffy makeup review:

Liekomg I love this blush! The packaging is obviously a rip-off of the cutesy-time style of Benefit's boxed blushes. This colors appear in the box to be a bright peachy coral and a medium bronzy shade, but honestly both just swatch as a shimmery coral, individually, or mixed together (which is really the best way to use this, I wouldn't bother trying to use use one half). I looove all coral/pink blushes anyway, and this one is an especially bright and summery color. I think it looks nice on my NC30 olive skin. The pigmentation is astonishingly good, for a cheap blush. And the packaging is adorable. And, like everything at WalMart, it is cheap as hell. Like, suspiciously cheap (6 bucks). YAY SLAVE LABOR IN CHINA. Oops, off-topic. Anyway: the downsides: The wearing time (on me) is average, meaning it doesn't wear for crap. But I have yet to find a blush that does. The brush it comes with is useless, of course, I didn't even try it. Throw it away! It is a little powdery/crumbly.

Sooooooo if you can live with yourself for supporting what is probably the evilist giantet corporation around, get this! And then watch the documentary on WalMart (WalMart: the high cost of a low price). And then feel really shtty about yourself like I do. Wooo.

Would I buy again: yes, probably. *cries*

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by erbivore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to apply this with a light hand and blend like crazy. Otherwise, I look like I rubbed orange food coloring on my cheeks. I like this blush and I normally do not gravitate towards corals, but it does require a little more work on my part. (I am NC30 for reference)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This is my second favorite Fox in a box. I swirl the colors together for a perfect peachy/coral cheek. It is gorg! I love the packaging but hate the brush and it is a little powdery. I would definitely buy this again and for $6 it's a steal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this, the blush that I wanted most from the Fox in a Box range. They are a bit powdery, but pigmentation is still good and they are cheap. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I purchased this after having much success with "Smooth Talker" and this did not fail! I like to swirl the shades together using a duo fibre brush, and when applied appears a natural coral/peach flush on my fair-medium skin.

The packaging is cute but a pain in the rear, as it is extremely bulky and the lid to my particular box would not close (as did another Fox in a Box), thus I had to break the paper seal on the outter hinge. I've since cut the entire box and have placed the pan in a palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This is such a gorgeous summery look on me. Almost like Orgasm/Laguna. I got three others including Smooth Talker, Hot Flash and Truth or Dare. These are pretty pigmented too so they're an awesome value. I, like a few others, got these because they reminded of Benefit's box blushes especially Smooth Talker (Sugarbomb) and Truth or Dare (10). Very pretty and such a bargain at $6 in comparison to Benefit's $28.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Skinny Dipping was a win for my fair skin tone. When mixed together, the peachy tones were very flattering. I still say the packaging is cute, but unpractical. This product smells odd. Powdery and like a child's play makeup... not a huge fan of the smell. But I would buy this color again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sadly, I am not that impressed by this new blush by Hard Candy. The price is affordable ($6) and the packaging is cute, but the product itself is a failure for me. Skinny Dipping contains two different shades - one is a very bright peachy/orange and the other is a much more muted peachy/tan. When swatched (both separately and mixed together), the colors appeared bright, pigmented and very pretty. Therefore, I was expecting this to be a lively pop of color on my cheeks. However, once applied, it just looked muddy and uneven on my olive-colored skin. I also found the staying/lasting power to be fairly non-existent. I usually never have to reapply blush throughout the course of the day, but found that this faded very quickly and I had to reapply several times. A disappointment for me and I do not plan to repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No