October 24, 2014 | 925 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by StarrFiire

I've bought this product probably 4x. I have frizzy-prone hair, and I found this product to tame it down mostly. It made my hair soft and the scent was very nice.
I've bought this product on sale a couple times, and found it worth buying!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally caved in and bought this since I like the matching conditioner. It has a creamy lather and rinses clean, it leaves my hair smelling wonderful, and it has some decent smoothing properties. My curls were not weighed down and I had less frizz. The formulation I have has argan oil added to it, so I'm assuming this is a reformulated version of the original. I switch up between a lot of different shampoos, conditioners, and treatments, but I see myself using this more through my product rotation as it can be easily found at the drugstore and it costs less than five dollars (Perfect when I am on a budget). It does what it says without stripping my highlighted hair or making my hair fluffy in appearance. I wouldn't rely on this for the overall health of my hair, but it's not bad compared to other drugstore shampoos.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by festival

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dove really works, I'm loving it so far. It's been about 6 weeks since I've started using it.

Previously I used: Kerastase Nutritive line plus the Thermique. My hair started feeling dry & straw like, plus it became frizzy, because I wash & blow dry every day, & had some hightlights awhile back. I started searching for more conditioning products for my hair, going from the Kerastase Nutritive line to Aphogee to the Fakkai Tech. Color Care Line to the Kerastase Cristaliste line, then the 'It's a 10' line, then back to the Kerastase Nutritive line, because for my hair, it was the best out of the bunch. I had just re-purchased the shampoo & thermique, & was just about to buy the masqintense when I read a Dove review & went for it. I'm glad I did.

Now I'm using: Dove Nourishing Oil Care shampoo, Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner (bottle), alternating with the Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube), then I put the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Smoothing Cream (this step is a must for me) and if I need it, the Nourishing Oil Care Detangler, then before blow drying I use Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat-Tamer Leave-In Spray. I alternate with the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner, plus the Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube).

I know everyone's hair is different, but Dove is working for mine. It's shinier & healthier than before & it got rid of the friz. Hopefully it will keep working. If it doesn't, I'll update.

{I don't have time to write separate reviews, so I'm using the same review for the other Dove products I mentioned}.

Update: Now that my hair is back in condition, it can be too nourishing, a little heavy if I use it too many days in a row, so I switch around. I use this when my hair gets dry again. I switch around a lot to Kerastasse, and Fekkai, and Aphogee. I think this did rescue my hair though, if you need a rescue I still highly recommend it, it saved my hair anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by chris00111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually only buy salon products, but saw good reviews on Dove and decided to save some money.
My hair is long, thick and I have a lot. It is wavy, but i straighten it with the blow dryer or straightener often. The roots are oily, but the ends are DRY. I recently dyed my hair "ombre", so the ends became SUPER dry (like straw). My most recent salon shampoo was very drying to the point where my hair was tangled and SQUEAKING.
So after getting a trim to cut off the dead ends, I decided to give this shampoo a try.
I was pleased. Love the scent and it definitely cleans my hair/scalp without being too drying. I didn't have any itching in my scalp (that sometimes happens) and no breakouts. I will say that it wasn't a miracle though at first.
I then decided to do CWC (condition-wash-condition). FABULOUS.
I wash my hair every other day. First I soak it down, then use conditioner (whatever you have) on the ends only (i start at the nape of my neck down). Then i wash my scalp with this shampoo. Rinse. Then I add the Dove conditioner Nourishing Oil care to the ends, put it up with a clip and finish the rest of my shower business. Then i rinse it out.
After showering, I use 2 products (a straightening cream and moroccan oil), then dry/straighten.
LOVE IT. my hair is so much better than it was and I can even say the ends are NOT DRY anymore (after just a week of CWC with Dove). My hair is soft and smells great. I can't stop TOUCHING IT.
If there is too much build up (on the roots), I plan on doing a clarifying wash. So far, it hasn't been necessary.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using this shampoo for more than a year, and it really does it job. I have long, naturally blonde but bleached, wavy, thick and super dry hair and itīs really difficult to find a shampoo that nourishes my hair enough. No shampoo has ever made my hair look oily or flat, so that is not my problem.

The problem is, that most of the shampoos (even those with the label "moisturizing") make my hair completely unmanageable. It takes hours to make it soft and untangled.
This shampoo helps a little bit, and my hair feels moisturized.

All in all, not a super product for super dry hair, but compared to the saloon products that can be x10 more expensive, this shampoo makes a great deal.

I will continue using this until I find something more effective (not likely to happen...)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ailil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

my hair become super smooth and soft with this shampoo,next time I'll use it with the same version of conditioner. No contra.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know it's prejudice, but before, I would not use a 'cheap' shampoo on my hair. My hair needs lightweight shampoos, and since it's oily on the scalp, I would avoid anything with whatever kind of oil on it.
A relative gave me this shampoo and I decided to try. My hair looks shiny, moisturized and with balance. That's was a big surprise. I love this shampoo and I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by albrightjl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Currently my favorite shampoo. Love this line in general

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was a surprise. I always wind up being conned into buying a pricey goldwell shampoos after I get my hair cut and colored. However, while shopping at Target, I needed shampoo for the guest bathroom. I thought I would just try it out. And wow, it really makes my hair feel soft. So, I kept it in my bathroom. Love it!

Do you have dry brittle hair? You will love this stuff. It will make your hair super soft and shiny again.

My hair tends toward the heavy thick side mostly straight with a slight wave to the ends. I color my hair. Foil highlights and full on color to cover the gray. Treatments at least every 6 weeks. I do not always use a hair dryer because of all the damage from color. I used to be on the oily side but age has made my hair more dry and course with the gray. And being winter time my hair is even more dry. I was skeptical of using any type of oil based shampoo on my hair. Oil would make me oily. Right? Not so. This stuff works and at an amazing price. There is a subtle elegant almond oil scent. I plan to try the nourishing leave in oil cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

This stuff is great. I love the shampoo, but the results with the shampoo and complimenting conditioner are AMAZING. I can't believe I finally found the results I wanted in smoothing my ends in something so inexpensive after spending ridiculous amounts on other products. I will be stocking up!!