September 22, 2014 | 943 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by chris00111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually only buy salon products, but saw good reviews on Dove and decided to save some money.
My hair is long, thick and I have a lot. It is wavy, but i straighten it with the blow dryer or straightener often. The roots are oily, but the ends are DRY. I recently dyed my hair "ombre", so the ends became SUPER dry (like straw). My most recent salon shampoo was very drying to the point where my hair was tangled and SQUEAKING.
So after getting a trim to cut off the dead ends, I decided to give this shampoo a try.
I was pleased. Love the scent and it definitely cleans my hair/scalp without being too drying. I didn't have any itching in my scalp (that sometimes happens) and no breakouts. I will say that it wasn't a miracle though at first.
I then decided to do CWC (condition-wash-condition). FABULOUS.
I wash my hair every other day. First I soak it down, then use conditioner (whatever you have) on the ends only (i start at the nape of my neck down). Then i wash my scalp with this shampoo. Rinse. Then I add the Dove conditioner Nourishing Oil care to the ends, put it up with a clip and finish the rest of my shower business. Then i rinse it out.
After showering, I use 2 products (a straightening cream and moroccan oil), then dry/straighten.
LOVE IT. my hair is so much better than it was and I can even say the ends are NOT DRY anymore (after just a week of CWC with Dove). My hair is soft and smells great. I can't stop TOUCHING IT.
If there is too much build up (on the roots), I plan on doing a clarifying wash. So far, it hasn't been necessary.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using this shampoo for more than a year, and it really does it job. I have long, naturally blonde but bleached, wavy, thick and super dry hair and itīs really difficult to find a shampoo that nourishes my hair enough. No shampoo has ever made my hair look oily or flat, so that is not my problem.

The problem is, that most of the shampoos (even those with the label "moisturizing") make my hair completely unmanageable. It takes hours to make it soft and untangled.
This shampoo helps a little bit, and my hair feels moisturized.

All in all, not a super product for super dry hair, but compared to the saloon products that can be x10 more expensive, this shampoo makes a great deal.

I will continue using this until I find something more effective (not likely to happen...)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ailil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

my hair become super smooth and soft with this shampoo,next time I'll use it with the same version of conditioner. No contra.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know it's prejudice, but before, I would not use a 'cheap' shampoo on my hair. My hair needs lightweight shampoos, and since it's oily on the scalp, I would avoid anything with whatever kind of oil on it.
A relative gave me this shampoo and I decided to try. My hair looks shiny, moisturized and with balance. That's was a big surprise. I love this shampoo and I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by albrightjl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Currently my favorite shampoo. Love this line in general

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was a surprise. I always wind up being conned into buying a pricey goldwell shampoos after I get my hair cut and colored. However, while shopping at Target, I needed shampoo for the guest bathroom. I thought I would just try it out. And wow, it really makes my hair feel soft. So, I kept it in my bathroom. Love it!

Do you have dry brittle hair? You will love this stuff. It will make your hair super soft and shiny again.

My hair tends toward the heavy thick side mostly straight with a slight wave to the ends. I color my hair. Foil highlights and full on color to cover the gray. Treatments at least every 6 weeks. I do not always use a hair dryer because of all the damage from color. I used to be on the oily side but age has made my hair more dry and course with the gray. And being winter time my hair is even more dry. I was skeptical of using any type of oil based shampoo on my hair. Oil would make me oily. Right? Not so. This stuff works and at an amazing price. There is a subtle elegant almond oil scent. I plan to try the nourishing leave in oil cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

This stuff is great. I love the shampoo, but the results with the shampoo and complimenting conditioner are AMAZING. I can't believe I finally found the results I wanted in smoothing my ends in something so inexpensive after spending ridiculous amounts on other products. I will be stocking up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by faceship

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this shampoo, and I think I finally found something that tames my dry, frizzy, thick blond hair. It straightens so much easier now, or I can let it air dry and it looks nice and wavy, not frizzy. I use it with the Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil conditioner. I haven't had any oily skin problems, but I am not prone to that usually, my skin and hair are always so dry. My hair feels noticably softer than before. I normally only wash my hair every other day and my hair still looks fine after a couple of days.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Makes my fine hair soft and shiny, and it smells great which lingers for a day or too. But it makes my sensitive scalp itch, broke me out on my forehead and my hair becomes oily really fast. I will keep it for the occasional good hair day, but wont repurchase or use frequently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is nice d/s shampoo for people w drier hair or hair that isn't limp. It is really good shampoo at an excellent price - this is easily as good as many salon poos I've tried and is at minimum 1/4 of the price. I have fine 3a hair (very fluffy) that is also highlighted. I've toyed w c/o washing but I use a lot of styling product and can't quite get all the gunk out w c/o. Sulfate free also hasn't worked well - my hair tangles very easily and seems to end up more tangly w sulfate free poos. I like this bc it removes buildup from styling products, hasn't seemed to dry out my hair, and doesn't turn my hair into a snarly mess. I wouldn't go w/o a conditioner, but this is about the softest my hair has felt after using a d/s shampoo. I still need to sometimes clarify/chelate, but we have very hard water so I don't think it's the shampoo's fault. After I used this up I didn't initially repurchase bc I like to try new products, but I later purchased the matching conditioner (which is also a great value), and I'm now looking forward to buying this again and using them both together.