December 22, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I first thought about buying London, but it's tone is a little too brown based. So Stockholm is for fair/light skin tones. It has this perfect balance of natural pink with nude, and this is Bardot nude. I line my lips with Prestige lip liner in Silk and then lightly apply Stockholm. If I need a second layer then I wait 10-15 seconds for the first layer to set. It's beautiful soft focus matte. These do have lasting power, you just have to wait a bit to apply that second layer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

Oh my God. I've been neglecting to put on lipsticks for ages until I came across this product. I am Asian, NC30, with pigmented rosy-colored lips. Every color I try turns into a different color on my lips and I never feel like putting concealer on my lips. NYX Stockholms turns into an extremely gorgeous coral/peach color on my pigmented lips and is extremely flattering.

Everyone complains about the smell but I like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first of these creams I have tried. I am not used to a matte finish but admittedly it did look very pretty and natural on. If you want to add moisture or shine, slick the NYX megashine gloss in clear over the top. This is basically a stain and lasts really well (for hours; through eating). It doesn't crumble on the lips, comes off clean. It is a bit drying but that is to be expected. Stockholm looked like a kind of brick red on my lips when I first put it on and faded to a subtle, natural looking slightly coral red. I don't usually do red or matte, which is why I didn't rank this too high, but it is pretty and those looking for a reddish lip might love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

I am NC 25 with warm/ peachy undertones, long brunette hair and dark brown eyes and the colour Stockholm is so AMAZING!!! It's a very soft looking nude that makes my lips look so naturally "alive" in a very french way (you know how french women look good in an effortless way?). It is very difficult to describe the colour. It is a mixture of peachy, soft coral and dusty pink tones that are in perfect harmony. The texture is very unique. First, I wasn't sure if I liked it but after several days I think it is really nice and makes my lips look fuller not in a plumping way but by giving them a natural lumionous colour with a very soft almost powdery matt finish. It definitely makes the lines on my lips visible but I think that it's a kind of sexy effect (if you look at Angelina Jolie's lips you can often see that there are many visible lines on her lips that add dimension ). If you like this kind of look this lip cream is for you, if you are after a plumping and moisturizing effect, you may like to look somewhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Soft and creamy texture when applied
- Lasts longer than typical lipsticks, so you don't need to reapply as often
- Cute and compact packaging so you can take it anywhere
- Stockholm is a really pretty faded pink color that enhances while still looking natural; great for pairing with a smokey eye

Cons:
- Kind of drying, I feel uncomfortable in about half an hour so I need to bring a balm or gloss with me
- Butterscotch smell that maybe others like, but I don't

In comparison with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate, which is the only other matte stain I own, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream wins. The ColorStay is just too drying, and drives me crazy. I'm personally a bigger fan of typical lipsticks, but the Soft Matte Lip Cream is a good choice for when I don't have the opportunity to keep reapplying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by skylark

I always take forever to review products but this color is sooooo amazing I'm reviewing it same day of purchase!! On my lips its the perfect warm nude pink color. It strikes the perfect balance between the two colors, nude enough to make my lips look downplayed but warm enough to not make me look like a corpse. Since my skin's pretty tan now, it gives me that boho chic look that I love! The only downside is that after 10 minutes the lip cream turns into a stain which is pretty drying but I don't care I've been looking for this color forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

love this color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I have 7 of these lip colors! I love them so much! One of them is Stockholm, which is a pinky nude. It is the least brown of all the nudes in this collection, I think. I cannot wear any kind of brown tinged lip color, so I was hesitant to get this at first. The color is actually quite nice and looks good with a more dramatic eye. I don't think I would wear this with a plain eye look. My only complaint is that this is just a teeny bit too dark to by MLBB. I'm like NC5-10 so yeah... If you are NC20 or darker, this might be perfect for you. And of course, the matte formula is to die for! Totally kiss prove and long wearing and absolutely, positively MATTE! If you want a nude lip, get this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by thestarpark

I really do like this lip product! This color is a pink/beige color that looks actual quite natural on my lips (my lips are pigmented), but this product is pigmented enough to have the color show. The one down side is that because it is matte, it kind of does emphasis lines/cracks on your lips. But it still is a very nice color and applies nicely!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by everygirllovesmakeup

I have been loving NYX products lately and so far this is the best NYX product I have tested :) the color is nice, works well with any makeup look! its matte (of course, lol) but not drying. I hated some NYX Round lipsticks because of their packaging (Pumpkin pie and Heather) but not for Thalia :) The packaging can fit any purse or in your pocket jeans :) i would definitely rebuy :)