Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo

3.6

Not tested on animals

(CONTAINS SULPHATES: SODIUM COCO SULPHATE) Water (aqua), rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract*, arctium lappa (burdock) root extract*, achillea millefolium (yarrow) extract*, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract*, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract*, sambucus nigra (black elderberry) flower extract*, aloe barbadensis leaf extract*, sodium coco-sulfate (coconut derived), decyl glucoside (coconut and corn derived), propanediol (corn derived), coco-glucoside (coconut derived), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, coco nucifera (coconut) oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, cannabis sativa (hemp) seed oil*, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil*, dehydroacetic acid, glycerin, hydrogenated coco-glycerides (coconut derived), sodium chloride, potassium sorbate (fruit derived), lauryl glucoside (plant derived), benzyl alcohol (plant derived), citric acid, stearyl citrate (vegetable derived), fragrance (parfum).

on 11/14/2012 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

BEST SHAMPOO EVER. I'm seriously smitten with this. I was previously using the pink sulfate-free bedhead shampoo, but I've started getting painful, scabby sore places on my scalp, so I decided to buy a more natural and moisturizing shampoo. After doing some research I thought this might be a good pick, it is sulfate free and includes coconut seed oil, jojoba seed oil, and shea butter. Plus it smells heavenly; I also use this alba pineapple facial cleanser in the shower, so the two together make me feel like i'm showering in tropical paradise :) But anyway on to the effectiveness of the shampoo itself - The first time I used it I was surprised by the creamy lather it produced, it felt very luxurious to shampoo with, and I was relieved to see that the next day my hair was thoroughly cleansed (I was concerned all those lovely oils might OVER moisturize, but no problems there). And finally, my scalp cleared up. So I pretty much couldn't be happier. The price is right too compared to what I paid for bedhead! I will enthusiastically repurchase when I run out, and just might try the conditioner sometime, too.
UPDATE: still loving this shampoo!! I have seen such an improvement in my hair since starting using it. I have even noticed this DETANGLES my hair. not as much as my following conditioner does of course, but when have you ever heard of a shampoo that makes your hair less tangly, immediately, with no silicones? One of my HG hair products, hands down.

on 10/8/2012 4:14:00 PM

Big fan of this shampoo, really moisturizes dry hair. Great on my thick, wavy Asian locks ;D. Use nickel size amounts and this shampoo will last months! This scent is heavenly too. #1 reason to buy - paraben free.

on 7/17/2012 1:49:00 AM

Jackpot! Hennahead here, midback length, wavy and medium-coarse. I don't do much except braid my hair and keep it back so maybe this isn't the best choice for the better coiffed, but it's ~~heaven~~ for me. I shampoo 2 or 3 times a week and only have to condition once a week. The smell is heaven, the consistency isn't too runny and it only takes a tbsp to completely clean my hair. I've been using this for 5 months and can't see switching to anything else.

& Gaelias is right {thanks for the tip!} KMF Whenever pairs wonderfully with this shampoo!

on 5/2/2012 9:48:00 AM

SMELLS WONDERFUL!!!!! But for me it made my scalp oily, my scalp would break out in 2-3 places, it seemed like it dried my ends out very bad. I was going to use it as a body wash but figured I would break out, so I gave it to my stinky teenage son, he hasnt said anything about it bad so its ok for him! I think its hit or miss on this one depending ur hair

on 3/30/2012 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

While I love the naturalness of this product, it unfortunately didn't work for me. I dye my hair frequently, and I find that my hair doesn't react well to many shampoos in that they "mattify" my hair and make it lumpy and immoveable so that I can't work the product into my scalp properly for a thorough cleanse. The test of a good shampoo for me is therefore seeing whether or not my hair becomes matted upon contact with the shampoo, and unfortunately this does.

on 3/23/2012 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

This shampoo smells amazing! I bought it for approximately $10CAD which I do consider a bit steep but, a little goes a long way. For a product that doesn't have many chemicals, it lathers really well. I'm actually allergic to fragrances (I end up with patches of eczema) but, even though this smells like juicy fresh coconuts, I can use it without worry. It cleans my hair like any other shampoo and leaves it very soft. I'd recommend this to anyone that wants a shampoo that smells great, cleans your hair and is organic.

on 3/14/2012 3:37:00 PM

This shampoo gives me frizzy hair. I have normal hair a d this just gives me awful hair.

on 3/14/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I will never use a sulfate shampoo again.Smells great and my hair is like silk and my hair was dry as hell after using Pantene only pretty much for years..All of a sudden..I also got a Culligan filtered shower head but that was after I used this and it was great before too.. Lather really well and you only need little..Yes I have bought again

on 1/30/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wonderful shampoo. Gets my hair clean and smelling nice without leaving it stripped. Lathers up nice for being a natural product. +++ for amazing price, it costs nothing!

on 10/27/2011 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo along with the Lemon Tea Tree from the same brand, and I love both of them. This is a little bit more moisturizing than the tea tree one, but I don't think there is a great difference between them. Both are great for my oily and itchy scalp, and no too dry for my fine and damaged hair. They keep my hair clean for more than two days and my hair is bouncy and super-shiny. I also love that these shampoos haven't any SLS or cones. I only need one wash to clean my hair, and I pair it with a conditioner from Kiss my Face (Whenever Conditioner); my hair has never been better. I prefer the lemon scent, but this one is wonderful too.

The price is great: I bought it on iHerb for 6.03$. If you use the code LOP266 at checkout, you will save 5$ on your first order.