December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Shampoo - Desert Essence - Coconut Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by geekyn00b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Jackpot! Hennahead here, midback length, wavy and medium-coarse. I don't do much except braid my hair and keep it back so maybe this isn't the best choice for the better coiffed, but it's ~~heaven~~ for me. I shampoo 2 or 3 times a week and only have to condition once a week. The smell is heaven, the consistency isn't too runny and it only takes a tbsp to completely clean my hair. I've been using this for 5 months and can't see switching to anything else.

& Gaelias is right {thanks for the tip!} KMF Whenever pairs wonderfully with this shampoo!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by jenniferads

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

SMELLS WONDERFUL!!!!! But for me it made my scalp oily, my scalp would break out in 2-3 places, it seemed like it dried my ends out very bad. I was going to use it as a body wash but figured I would break out, so I gave it to my stinky teenage son, he hasnt said anything about it bad so its ok for him! I think its hit or miss on this one depending ur hair

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I love the naturalness of this product, it unfortunately didn't work for me. I dye my hair frequently, and I find that my hair doesn't react well to many shampoos in that they "mattify" my hair and make it lumpy and immoveable so that I can't work the product into my scalp properly for a thorough cleanse. The test of a good shampoo for me is therefore seeing whether or not my hair becomes matted upon contact with the shampoo, and unfortunately this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo smells amazing! I bought it for approximately $10CAD which I do consider a bit steep but, a little goes a long way. For a product that doesn't have many chemicals, it lathers really well. I'm actually allergic to fragrances (I end up with patches of eczema) but, even though this smells like juicy fresh coconuts, I can use it without worry. It cleans my hair like any other shampoo and leaves it very soft. I'd recommend this to anyone that wants a shampoo that smells great, cleans your hair and is organic.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ver280

This shampoo gives me frizzy hair. I have normal hair a d this just gives me awful hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by kristlkrost

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I will never use a sulfate shampoo again.Smells great and my hair is like silk and my hair was dry as hell after using Pantene only pretty much for years..All of a sudden..I also got a Culligan filtered shower head but that was after I used this and it was great before too.. Lather really well and you only need little..Yes I have bought again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by lonic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wonderful shampoo. Gets my hair clean and smelling nice without leaving it stripped. Lathers up nice for being a natural product. +++ for amazing price, it costs nothing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by gaelicas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo along with the Lemon Tea Tree from the same brand, and I love both of them. This is a little bit more moisturizing than the tea tree one, but I don't think there is a great difference between them. Both are great for my oily and itchy scalp, and no too dry for my fine and damaged hair. They keep my hair clean for more than two days and my hair is bouncy and super-shiny. I also love that these shampoos haven't any SLS or cones. I only need one wash to clean my hair, and I pair it with a conditioner from Kiss my Face (Whenever Conditioner); my hair has never been better. I prefer the lemon scent, but this one is wonderful too.

The price is great: I bought it on iHerb for 6.03$. If you use the code LOP266 at checkout, you will save 5$ on your first order.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by krisiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried a lot of SLES- and paraben- free shampoos in an attempt to find the product that will really benefit my hair. And I think that this is one of the best. It leathers well and cleans perfect without drying the hair. In combination with the coconut conditioner it makes my curly hair soft, shiny and manageable. I am not big fan of the coconut smell, but this is not overpowering at all.
I bought it for a very good price from www.iherb.com (code TOV 126 for $10 discount).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Wow, very impressed! Usually I find many natural products are either expensive or have compromised effectiveness. This is mostly natural, very reasonable and very effective for me. It cost me $8.99 CDN, which is lower than many drugstore brands here in Canada. The packaging is a fantastic, travel-friendly squeezy tube. A tiny amount lathers up and cleans my hair without drying it out. With the conditioner, I can actually comb through my hair and it has soft ends without feeling heavy. If this was a chemical, typical drugstore formula I'd be impressed with the quality, price and scent. Since this is cruelty-free and natural, big bonus!