July 31, 2014 | 1939 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by RiaRich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I completely agree with Enydonus. This powder was HG status but made my face itch!! I don't know what MAC puts in their products but it can't be good. It would look great on but when I went to wash my face at night, my skin would be red and irritated. I tried it for a full week and then ran back to MAC to return this and the Studio Sculpt liquid fdtn.

I wish MAC would start using better ingredients..I've used a bunch of their products that were almost HG but my skin would react negatively after a few days of use.

I used this in Medium-Deep and it provided med coverage (when applied in layers).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by adreyna2011

This is the first and last time I will buy product from mac I thought its nice bec of review and also very poupular here in dubai but this powder make my face ppowdery not look like flawless and sheer and natural,still select sheer is the best,it looks muddy to ur the face promise this powder horrible and not appealling,and after long time of wearing and keep applying ur face become flaky and look unnatural,this is only base of my experience,

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by nadines77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder when i first used it I felt i had bought the wrong shade but after using it a few more times it really blends with my skin and looks great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Have been using this for a year plus now. Lovee the smooth finish it gives when applied with flattop kabuki brush.. Haven't had any break outs with this product and it does last a while. I use a TM and use this as a finishing product. On my second one now, haven't hit the pan on this one yet. This will be my go to staple till I find a replacement. I like this better than the MSF, because the careblend gives a smoother finish. Just wish it was a few bucks cheaper though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by aw9059

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product for teenagers with school, who have oily skin. I use this along with my pro longwear concealer because i dont need much coverage. I have had the powder for about 2 months and it seems i still have plenty left and i use it everyday. great for touch ups as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in medium plus and light plus. I am around an NC15 but when I was tanned in the summer I used medium plus all over my face, when I am pale I use this one as a bronzer. I got light plus recently to suit my natural skin colour (aka winter skin).

This powder is great on dry skin, it doesn't cake, feels nice and works well on it's own (light coverage) or as a setting powder. I prefer this over the mineralized skin natural because that one breaks me out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The previous MAC powder I tried was Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and it was a small failure as it was too matte and felt like I had to use a lot to set things. I decided to try Careblend since it's MAC's newest powder, it claims to have a unique silky feel and finish (not powdery at all), it has ingredients that are good for skin in it, and it's what they recommend for dry skin.

PROS: Definitely takes away any product feeling and sets foundation. Not much coverage (pro in my opinion). The included sponge is good material.

CONS: The unique feel is nothing super special IMO. It's there and it's not bad, but it's not just not so worthy of mentioning. Also, while the powder feels smooth in the pan, if I run my finger along it and pull back, I can see little grains so it's not THAT finely milled. And while I appreciate the oils and hydrating ingredients, do they have any actual benefits in real life? I don't think so. Still a talc based powder that can leave the skin dry eventually. Another thing is that this powder can run out quickly. The silkyness can encourage waste since it can look/feel like you've used less than you actually have.

OTHER: Just like P&PTFP, MAC also labels Careblend "semi matte", but since it was different and for dry skin, I thought it would better. Nope. It looks fine/nice/ok you lightly apply it, but when I set my foundation ~to last~ that means packing on a lot of powder with a puff. Not overdoing it, but enough to get a good layer of product down so nothing moves for a long time. When doing that, this is much too matte/unreal looking for my tastes. NC15 is ok but it looks a bit orange in the pan.

OVERALL: I don't see what the hype is about. I almost feel like buying it again though because it got such high ratings, I want to make it work or see what everybody else sees.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by DSmith55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product and it lasts for months. It provides just enough coverage and it doesn't change the colour of my foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by sophlizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

When i got my first MAC foundation, i asked the makeup artist if she knew a powder i could buy just to set my foundation & she gave me this one to buy. I've just run out of it & i've got to say it's nothing special. Yes, it does it's job, but i can't wait to purchase the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural because i've heard many more great things about that powder, now that i've finished my Careblend Pressed Powder. I don't really recommend it, as i would just buy the MSF Natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by nlakhani

I bought this product a few weeks ago and came out in a really bad break out. I had developed small red bumps on my face from this product! I have sent it back to MAC to get a refund.
On the plus side, it did provide an amazing coverage and lasted all day without touchups.
Im just confused why I got such a break out. Has anyone else experienced this? Please let me know.

update: i discovered i am allergic to talc therefore explained the break out..however mac has such a huge great range for everyone, i discovered mac blot powder which is amazing so if you find careblend doesnt work for you, go for blot powder.