October 1, 2014 | 979 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by muser92

Reading all the great reviews I expected this powder to be a lot better than it actually was, but it was kind of a let down for me so I returned it back. Well anyways, it gave good coverage, and color payoff (not to mention they had a good amount of options for people with yellow undertones) and I really liked that, but it just wore off way too fast. I had to reapply soooo many times! I have oily skin so I'm pretty sure that played a big part as to why I didn't like it, but I feel that if you don't have oily skin you will probably really like this powder! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is super nice in terms of texture, lasting power, and blotting. However, the color selection is very limited and I think the powder comes off darker than it looks in the pan. I have it in the shade medium because being quite tan, I thought this looked like the best shade for me. It also looks pretty similar in the pan to my L'Oreal true match powder which is the perfect shade for me. But this powder is so dark! Luckily I can use this as a matte bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

** I love this powder! It has a soft texture and is the best pressed powder I have ever found in "drugstore" makeup.
** I use 04 Light Tan on my medium brown skin. It's just enough yellow for me that it doesn't turn me orangy like some of the more overtly yellow type powders do. (I look tan brown, not orange brown, lol.)
** I'm acne prone and can use this as a powder foundation. The coverage is great! My method is to build it up in areas that really need it. It covers my scars, red blemishes, and softens some of my dark patches pretty well without a concealer.
**If you have very oily skin (of which I definitely do >.<) you might find that you still need to use a primer underneath. {I personally try to avoid primers because it causes me to break out.} I find that at the very end of the day, if I haven't primed, the powder looks just terrible. I'll still use it though because it's that good for me.
~~edit:
I recently looked this powder up on Paula's Choice and she mentions an ingredient called eugenol which is known to kill skin cells. {YIKES}. It also has a high (as in not the most healthy) rating on EWG. I still love this powder but these things have definitely made me rethink this. :-(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by xjennat

Wanted this to work as I love the color and the staying power is pretty good but it left me with little breakouts randomly on my face :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

So I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Maybelline dream matte powder (can no longer find my shade!) and read reviews for this. So glad I bought it, I think I like it even better! Goes on pretty smoothly and keeps oilies away much longer than maybelline dream matte! My skin is yellow based and I find this brand works for those shades pretty well, which is a nice change from other brands. Will def re-buy, so glad I found a much better replacement!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by bluna11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worst color selection. Went home applied it to my face and it didn't do much just made me look.. well off. Much rather stick to my banana power I know that wont make me look burned. Don't buy. Colors are much darker that they appear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by kittywompus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like a powder foundation in the summer and I use this in the Medium. Gives some coverage but doesn't last all day. I need a touch-up after 4 hours but I do with any powder since I am oily. Doesn't seem to be much product in the pan. I hit bottom very quickly. I apply with a cosmetic wedge sponge. Would prefer a slimmer compact. This one is thick and bulky but I have repurchased just the same.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Being an oily girl, I need to use a powder foundation for summer. I've tried so many and found some real good gems however most have ingredients that break me out. The only one that I've found that doesn't cause skin issues was MAC Studio Fix powder but that has such poor oil control. I'm so greasy by 5pm. I switched to Clarins Everlasting powder and that was superior for oil control however it broke me out. I still have a special place in my heart for it but my skin hates it. So, recently picked up Milani Multi-tasker powder. So far, I really like it. I'm having a bad skin moment now so I'm not quite sure if this is the bugger that is causing it. I've been testing out a lot of new products lately so it could be anything. As for color choices, it doesn't come in a huge color range. However, I was lucky with the shade 04-Light Tan. The shades look very deceiving in the store. They all appear light and ashy looking. 04-Light Tan actually is a very close dupe for NC40 in MAC. 04-Light Tan is a warm toned shade and can work for ladies NC40-42ish range. The coverage is medium but can be built up to full depending on what brush or sponge you are using to apply it with. For a medium coverage, I use the Real Techniques Face Brush. For a full coverage or spot covering, I use a cosmetic triangle pad. Lastly, I have to say that I'm very impressed with the staying power of this powder. It stays on all day and even during exercising! So far, I like it but still researching to see if this is what is causing breakouts.
UPDATE: With daily use, this will promote breakouts. Back to Sudio Fix Powder until I find something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

I hate to bring down the rating of this powder because it's not bad. As far as coverage goes, it provides very good coverage for a powder. Nothing crazy like mineral makeup or liquid foundation, but it has a buildable coverage that is fuller than other powder foundations I've used from the drugstore. I have used this to set my makeup and as a powder foundations on days where I don't feel like wearing liquid foundation. The color 02 light medium was a great color match for my NC20 skin, especially because it's so hard to find a good yellow toned powder in the drugstore.
I have 2 gripes about this powder. For one I have very oily skin and this powder breaks down as the day goes on. Although my face looks great and matte upon first application, after maybe 2 hours my face is a greaseball. In fact, sometimes I suspect my foundation wears better without this powder at all. I believe this is because this powder has a heavier coverage as opposed to a powder like Maybelline Stay Matte. The second reason I don't love this is because I have found that this powder broke me out a bit. I didn't always break out, but I noticed a few large breakouts on my cheeks especially after long days of sweating. I haven't noticed any other reviewers complaining about break outs, but I am pretty sure this powder was the cause of my breakouts.
All in all, even without the breakouts I probably would not have repurchased. It looks lovely upon initial application, but I think I need a more mattifying powder. I would recommend this to someone with drier skin or someone who is looking for a powder foundation with decent coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this powder for the past 2 years now & I've definitely repurchased & I hope they never stop making it. Like another reviewer, I freaked out when I couldn't find it at Target anymore, & thought maybe it was discontinued, but I found it at Walgreens with the priced spiked up a bit, which is fine since my love for it is willing to pay a little more. There's a good amount of product & the packaging is beautiful!
I find it to be one of the smoothest powders I've tried from the drugstore, I can't compare it to anything high end, other than Clinique powders which aren't anywhere near as soft as these. There's absolutely no powdery-ness to this, it just feels so creamy and applies great with a powder brush for light coverage and w/ a sponge if you want it a little heavier.
BIG TIP: Apply this with a sponge or flat top brush for heavy powdery coverage, just go over your face w/ a setting spray & it looks SO FUH LAW LUSS, I can't tell you enough!!!! Thanks Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist on Youtube)
I'm around an NC37-42 depending on the season. I made the mistake of getting "05 Tan" & it was a tad too dark/orange for me when it settled into my skin and oxidized. "04 Light Tan" was my best bet, but the Tan shade was excellent on the outer perimeter of my face & gave me just enough definition & matte bronzey-ness. Thank you Makeupalley reviewers for making me love this stuff!!!!!!!