April 19, 2014 | 1557 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was intrigued by this product and the price seemed good (I believe it was $10). When I saw the size, however, I realized it's very overpriced. This tube is smaller and holds less product than most mascara samples. The wand is a teeny, tiny little nub, with the actual applicator being maybe 1/4" in length. The formula itself is non-irritating and a nice deep black, but fairly goopy. I've tried layering this over other mascaras to really coat my upper lashes (which is a recommended use), but it makes lashes sticky and spidery.

Overall I guess this product isn't terrible, I'm just pretty underwhelmed by it. It's a good idea in theory and a good price point, but the mascara is not the best formula and the applicator is tiny and tends to get gunked up with product. I think the price is high for what you actually get. I prefer Maybelline Lash Discovery for lower lashes and upper lash roots. The wand is a little bigger, but the formula is less clumpy and you get a ton more product for less money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love! This defines my lower lashes nicely. I keep my makeup pretty basic, so if my mascara flakes, clumps, smudges... you can really see it. I usually just skipped my lower lashes for this reason, but have been wearing this for a few weeks now and couldn't be happier.
I don't apply more than one coat, so I can't comment on how it builds, but one coat is perfect for me. I wouldn't say that this thickens all that much, but it does add length and color.

Will repurchase over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I’d actually never heard of a ‘bottom lash mascara’ before, until I started to see reviews and videos for Clinique’s newest mascara. The concept alone was enough to intrigue to go down to my nearest Clinique counter and pay £11.

I’ve always found that using a regular mascara wand for my lower lashes often results in a) not all the lashes being concentrated with mascara and b) lots of smudging on my lashes and under my lash line.

Firstly, the mascara brush is tiny. This makes it great for precise lash application, and I am pleased that the brush doesn’t overload with mascara. Initially I thought the application would take far longer than normal, but once you get the hang of apply it to your lower lashes, it takes no time at all, and I can really get from root to tip of my lashes. The formula, for me is not buildable; you can add one coat, and another while it’s wet but once your lashes are dry, they become very stiff and it’s difficult to add more coats.

The mascara formula does last a full day without flaking off, but I am unsure if it’s ‘special’ enough to repurchase. I love using Bottom Lash Mascara and when I’ve finished using it up I’ll make the decision whether to buy it again. I’ll definitely keep the wand though, it’s pretty useful to dip into your favourite mascara and use it that way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Prior to purchasing this product I never bothered with wearing mascara on my bottom eyelashes (my lashes are fairly long, and I thought it looked too spidery on me). Since this came in a pack with another mascara I wanted to purchase, I thought I'd give it a shot. My outlook on bottom lash mascara instantly changed! Not only does this mascara completely open up the eyes, it is so easy to apply! The tiny wand makes application to the very base of the lash simple and accurate. It is smudge proof but comes off relatively easily with makeup remover. So pleased with this product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca1234

This is the best mascara for lower lashes. I also use it on my top corner lashes which are hard to get to with my Maybelline The Falsies brush. But the two of these mascaras together = perfection for me. No complaints here.....so glad I got this as a sample from Clinique. I will definitely be purchasing it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by TSignature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely the best mascara!! I don't only use it for bottom lashes, I actually find it works much better on my upper lashes. I have typical Asian lashes, and even though it's not waterproof, it holds my curl all day!! It does flake a bit if you wear it for 8+ hours, but otherwise it's perfect! Looks nice and natural yet durable and easy to remove.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ipekgultekin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that i got really dissappointed. I love to use mascara for my bottomlashes. But it really didnt work on me. A simple normal mascara even more effective than this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ILoveBuff

I'm glad I got this only in the holiday mascara set instead of purchasing it outright. I don't get the hype over this product! The little brush is perfect for bottom lashes but the mascara itself is not that great. It mades my lashes stick together and I feel like it's gone within a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by purplerain71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Simply the best mascara for bottom lashes. I always avoided apply mascara for bottom lashes because of smears, smudges, etc on my bottom eyes. This mascara does what it says it will not smudge! It's my third purchases so far. This is keeper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I resisted purchasing this since it came out. I thought it was a nice to have product but could not get myself to spend that much for something so little. Ultimately, I gave in when I heard that it lasted someone months. I have sparse lashes bottom and top and hooded/somewhat monolids. Applying mascara, especially to the bottom is very difficult for my eye shape so I figured this would help because I really like how mascara on the bottom lashes finishes a look. The product is really good and I am glad I have it but I still have to work with it so that I am not applying too much or accidentally smudging it. It definitely helped but was not the "lifesaving" product I was hoping it was going to be. I will update if this changes...maybe if the formula dries up a bit.