October 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

LOVE.
I never thought that a mascara for your bottom lashes could actually make a difference.
But it does!
it's dark
it thickens
it separates
it lasts
what more can you want!
Oh and i forgot to mention how easy and quick it is to achieve all of those things!
I drag the tiny tip of this mascara all across my bottom lashes, being careful not to get it on my skin (it is a little wet)
and then i go back and lightly apply like i would a regular mascara.
I am obsessed with it. Also, it's super affordable, another reason why this product is awesome!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Holymacarony

This is really good. Really waterproof. I have never had such long and nice bottom lashes before!! Im definitely using this on my wedding day. I have also recommended it to my friends, who also loves it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Tiny wand defines lower lashes perfectly
Less clumping
Doesn't smudge or flake

Cons:
None!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this from Duty Free because I came free in a package of 3. I love it!! I have issues applying mascara with a regular wand to my bottom lashes. This helps me get all the short little hairs. I'm a huge fan of Clinique's mascaras and they work really well for me with no smudging.. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by imaunicorn

It really works! We all used a normal sized wand on our bottom lashes - people with really short bottom lashes like me are just unlucky with that. This small-sized cute wand distributes the product equally to every lash individually and makes my eyes look bigger. I love it and will keep repurchasing it until I find an equally good and cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cute little packaging. Doesn't smudge at all which is fantastic since that's my main problem with mascara on my bottom lashes. Doesn't specialise in anything in particular like volumising or lengthening but it's still perfect from day to day wear. Would repurchase over and over!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I agree with the previous reviewer- this mascara tends to be clumpy and it's challenging to work with. Even using a lash comb doesn't seem to help much. The formula is a bit heavy for my bottom lashes, it weighs them down and I don't like how it looks when I wear it. Flakes a little too, I wouldn't call this product long-lasting.
Tried it because I was curious but I wouldn't buy his again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Imo, this is the most ridiculous hype of mascaras. Sounds good, looks good till you get it home and you realize you just spent 10 bucks on a ridiculously small amount of mascara in a tube with a teensy-tiny wand that the SA will tell you works perfectly only on lower lashes because that's what you need. Yeah, I fell for it. And, I returned it, too. After I tried using it a variety of ways, and I still had the same amount of problems that made me buy into the hype for this type of idea. It just didn't work for me.
To begin with, the wand is so small I had trouble applying the mascara accurately because it seemed to come out in globs and that's how it stuck to my lower lashes. I couldn't get a clean enough wand out of the tube. Every time I would pull it out, it had gobs of mascara on it that would transfer to my lower lashes. It never cleaned well enough by the top of the mascara ring.
Applying mascara to my lower lashes is difficult enough without mass gobs of black mascara on a wand, especially an extremely tiny wand that has almost no control in using it. Enter the gobs of mascara on my lower lashes. Instead of being able to nicely sweep my lashes, I couldn't do that. At best, I could dab them. Maybe my eyes are too big, and this is meant for smaller eyes, I'm not sure.But that method doesn't work, of course. For me, the wand is absolutely horrible for application purposes. It's just too small.
Imagine a doll-sized mascara wand. Not much to work with. Now you have to take that itsy-bitty wand and transfer the mascara from it to your real-life size lashes. Without getting any black gobs on them. It's near to impossible because the brush is so small it comes out that way.
No matter how precise I was in my application, no matter how careful and slowly I applied this mascara, I still had little flakes and black dots that I had to clean up after application.
After the mascara dried, my lower lashes felt hard and stiff. They didn't break off when I washed my makeup off, thank goodness, removal was easy enough. But when I wanted to add another mascara on top because I didn't like the way my lashes looked (or sometimes I'll add another color), it was impossible because of the hardness of them.
So what was the purpose then for it? I could just use my regular mascaras if I still had to clean my under eye area, and especially if I had difficulty using this mini-wand.
I just felt as if it is the silliest "makeup toy" I've ever seen that a company is pushing and am embarrassed that I bought into the sales hype originally. At least the counter did take it back without a problem.
I admit, we all like to try new products and have fun with them. This did sound like a great idea to me. But once I tried it and saw the wand, I felt as if I had been swindled. I much prefer using my other full-size mascara wands on my lower lashes to achieve the effect I want. Those brushes are just as easy, I can use them on both sets of lashes, I already know I like the mascara and I'm getting a full size tube of mascara for my money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Fragrancegirl38

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this this mascara and it is a great concept. I stopped wearing mascara on my lower lashes due to the flaking and smearing. This product does not leave a trail of black under my eyes and naturally enhances my lower lashes. I have been using Latisse on my upper lashes (amazing stuff) and applying this to my bottom lashes and the inner corner lashes and I have been getting so many compliments on my lashes and that has never occurred before. I definitely think this is worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by jessimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lower lashes are very sparse and I never bother to try wearing mascara on them (tried but just can't get the mascara on them). I have always wanted obvious lower lashes, so thought I would try Cinique's as it had such great reviews. So far, I like what it does!

The brush is tiny! So tiny that it easily grabs each lower lash to coat it with mascara. The mascara seems to go on smoothly and definitely defines my lower lashes. It's pretty expensive and the bottle is also tiny (much smaller than a regular tube) but hopefully it will go a long way. I've worn it at work and the mascara has stayed put on my lashes and not flaked or smeared under my eye during the day. It's also very easy to take off - I think you can use water but it wipes off very easily with a makeup remover wipe.

I would buy it again (but through Strawberrynet so the price isn't so exorbitant). Definitely recommend it for people who also have sparse/short lower lashes.