April 18, 2014 | 1890 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rosenylund

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall this product is a step better than the Clairol foam dye. What I liked/disliked about the product is that I bought the color in a neutral black yet I didn't get black hair as a result and the starting color is dark brown, almost black. The good part is that it didn't stain my scalp nearly as badly as the Clairol dye and the immediate end result is a much more multidimensional and believable color but it didn't have the stark richness that I believe I should expect in a black dye. In the past L'oreal dyes have always given me opposite results than I should have gotten: if I dye lighter I end up darker and when I do dye darker I end up lighter! After using this dye about 3 times I gradually started getting a consistent dark brown color with warm tones instead of the rich black I was dying it to be in the first place.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by OvErDoSeDoNbEaUtii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I usually get loreal feria, but I wanted to Try something different so I went with sublime mousse in PURE MEDIUM BROWN, I THINK ITS NUMBER 50 NOT FOR SURE ON THE NUMBER , its super easy, didn't drip, it didn't irritate/burn my scalp. the smell isn't has harsh as normal hair color iv used. my hair didn't seem to dry in my opinion, though my hair isn't perfect, it didn't seem overly dry. the conditioner is good, it left my hair silky n soft and smells sooo good. Overall I love it and would buy it again

my hair was already a medium brown color,well my bottom half is, the top is blonde... I wanted to darken it a bit, I dyed the bottom half of my hair with PURE BROWN 50

PICTURE ----> http://s1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/JessicaRabbit90/?action=view¤t=purebrownlorealhairdye2-1.jpg

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by cailynmarie97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair was a mousy brown color before I bought this in pure medium blonde, and now its a super pretty blonde :) almost the same as the package!! It wasn't brassy or orange at all, and it made my hair amazingly soft! I would recommend this to anyone! It was super easy to apply and I used all of the product even though I have shoulder length hair, so if you have longer than that buy a second box! It's relatively cheap and I got mine on sale at target so there should be no issue on price :) Hope I helped!! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by maria411

I just used this in the Iced Chocolate shade. I wanted to tone down some orange-ish tones in my very dark brown hair. This shade does have red undertones, but it made my hair look deeper, richer, and SO silky smooth and shiny! The thing I noticed though, was that while using, there wasn't really enough in the bottle for my medium-long hair. I've used John Frieda foam and there was a lot of product, too much! But overall this isn't a bad hair color, it didn't 'take' as much as I'd like, since I've colored my hair so much in the past few months, I think it needs a break! This product has a pleasant smell, and leaves my hair healthy and light. And the most important thing, next to the results of course, is that it is SO EASY and not messy at all=)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Dbkrantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a few days ago. When I saw the packaging I thought this would be a less messy way to colour my hair. I picked a red/brown colour called "Hot Brown" and followed the instructions.

It is true, it wasn't messy at all, but a large part of my hair broke off or something, and when I was washing it off, huge lumps of hair kept coming off to the point that I got really worried. My hair is dry now and a bit finer but luckily, I have a lot of hair, but you can still tell the difference.

But, it made no change what so ever to my hair colour when it was supposed to work well on dark brown hair. Waste of money, effort, time and it really had a bad effect on my hair and it fell off. I've done tones of colours at home before but this never happened. L'Oréal, you should be ashamed of delivering such poor quality products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

My problem: this didn't make my hair fall out or break off, like many people say, but: I started out with dark brown hair that was supposed to get about 2-3 shades lighter (packaging said it would work for dark brown hair), but got a shade darker instead... It blended my new growth with my old coloured hair, and the colour is very natural and nice, but I don't see the point of treating my hair with a good portion of hydrogen peroxide if it get darker... After colouing I used the conditioner that came with it. Sees like they are far from as good as they were before. Then I used "tail & Main" leave-in conditioner --> silky smooth hair.
The colour I used is no. 60 (or 600) - pure light brown (or light brown). My hair went from what is shown on the package of no. 62, just that mine was a tiny bit darker, to what is shown on number 53. That can turn out REALLY BAD for someone that really doesn't want dark hair.
UPDATE: after 1 wash with shampoo my hair got more orange...
UPDATE 2: luckily, no more colour was washed out after the first wash, so it's actually evenly coloured, although in a colour that is totally different from what I was expecting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by heytrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this color. I've used pretty much every drugstore hair color on the market, as well as some from Ion and Wella, and this is amazing. The mousse is super easy to use, but you do need to read the directions - don't shake it!! I don't have grey hair, so I don't know how well it covers that, but it covers my medium mousy brown roots incredibly well (I dye my hair dark brown). It can be drying while it's processing, but once I rinse it and use the conditioner, my hair feels and looks amazing. It's incredibly soft, shiny, and the color is rich for weeks. I really hope this isn't going to be discontinued!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by justine080

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i wanted to try something different besides the same old Feria, which i won't be doing again for a long time.This made my hair fall out/break off. Pretty awful stuff. The only good things about it was the application was neat and really easy and the conditioner was nice.Needs a serious reformulation though..Buyer beware.ugh :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

***UPDATE from my previous review.***
I am not a fan of this haircolor anymore. How do you do a root touch up with this foam? You can't at all. It's not even an option in the instructions. Also, the Pure Darkest Brown has faded in PARTS of my hair and has stayed pretty much jet black in other parts! It looks really bad and uneven now, plus I have visible roots showing through. I won't be using this product again. Any hair color that doesn't educate about "root touch ups" and encourages full head color application every time is really bad. That is horrible for your hair and your ends will end up way darker than your roots (if you are coloring darker like I am).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1943

After using Garnier Nutrisse for years and finding it foolproof I decided to give Sublime Mousse a go as it looked like it would be slightly less messy. I have dark brown hair and quite a bit of grey in my roots and have coloured my hair black for years. The first time I used the Pure Black 20 I was thrilled as it was way less mess, super easy to use with pump, covered the grey perfectly, easy to rinse out, lasted well and left my hair looking and feeling great. The second time was not so good. Again less mess, but the final result left my greys an awful red-orange colour!!! (It claims "Perfect Grey Coverage" on the box. I had no time to do anything about it as I was catching a flight first thing in the morning. I'm hugely disappointed and will not trust this product again. Also find it super frustrating that you cannot email a complaint to L'Oreal....you have to have phone during eastern business hours which is a drag when you are from the west. My only advise for this product is try it when you don't have something important happening in the next couple of days so you can do something about it if it leaves your hair a weird colour!