L'Oreal Sublime Mousse

ammonia

on 9/8/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just keep wondering why (WHY?) manufacturers provide misleading photos and colour swatches for hair dyes? Why not be honest?
Have just coloured my hair with Sublime Mousse in 700 (70) Pure Very Light Brown. Gorgeous hair colour on the packaging, exactly what I was after. My colour to that moment was just a tad darker with redder roots and ashier length, so I assumed this dye would just even out my colour. Swatches on the box say that this shade lightens brown and light brown hair. But no! I'm now two shades darker - level 6 or even 5 probably. Hope it will fade as other reviewers promised.
Product itself was easy to apply, however, it didn't foam up in my hair. Also, the salesgirl said one bottle would be enough for my hair (it's shoulder-blades long at the back and shoulder length in front) and I had just enough. I can't say my hair was well saturated, I was afraid there would still be dry patches. And most likely there were because now my hair looks like a bit highlighted here and there (which I don't mind). Post-colour balm was useless. I agree with other reviewers who said that their hair felt dry like straw. Same here, however, I have plenty of conditioners, so I just conditioned my hair with other products and it looks shiny and healthy though very dark to my liking. Waiting for it to fade.
PS Have seen youtube video where a blond girl used this shade with amazing results - she got exact colour as on the box. How?

on 8/30/2012 5:28:00 AM

This was SO easy to use. I've always had problems with dying my own hair and always had to have help, especially for the back of my head. This went on so easy and covered my hair so quickly, and it didn't get all matted and sticky like the regular bottle dyes do to my hair. I didn't take much notice at the time, but there was barely any horrible strong hair dye smell and now that my hair is dry I can't smell any residue either. It rinsed out really quick too. My hair feels soft and it's shiny, it is a TAD darker than the box colour but I think that's to be expected and it will fade a bit. I will definitely be using this again in the future.
UPDATE: Although I did like the process of this and at FIRST the colour came out great... it faded almost completely out after 3 washes! So much so that my hair was left different shades on either side of my head! My hair also now feels really really dry and brittle. I wanted to love this product because it was SO SO easy... but I just can't! Back to Nice'N'Easy!

on 8/7/2012 1:14:00 PM

I love this, defiantly the best box hair dye i have used, and i have tried most of them! Its easy to use and gives an even colour. It doesn't have as much of an reddish/gingery undertone other dark down hair dyes seem to have.

on 8/1/2012 6:29:00 AM

After a not so good experience with the Garnier nourishing color mousse, i decided to give this a whirl. My initial impulse was to go for the dark blonde but alot of reviews talk of it being way too dark. That said i went for color 800 in Pure Blonde. FYI my hair was faded dark blonde with highlights tinted with Feria's P102. I left the color on for a good 30 mins, i was worried because my roots looked very warm, not red but very warm, this subsided a bit when i rinsed the color out. Even before applying the conditioner i was amazed at how silky my hair felt. After conditioner my hair felt great. No scalp irritation. Color itself is not the same as the box but very close to what i was after, medium blonde, warm at the roots and cooler on the ends. Being slightly warm at the roots gives it an almost iridescent hue which i think is quite flattering to my NC25-30 skin tone. What it does do is blend with your own hairs tones, which i wasnt expecting, so the color is more natural and not flat. Overall, im pretty pleased with result and will definately try it again.

on 7/26/2012 6:18:00 PM

Overall this product is a step better than the Clairol foam dye. What I liked/disliked about the product is that I bought the color in a neutral black yet I didn't get black hair as a result and the starting color is dark brown, almost black. The good part is that it didn't stain my scalp nearly as badly as the Clairol dye and the immediate end result is a much more multidimensional and believable color but it didn't have the stark richness that I believe I should expect in a black dye. In the past L'oreal dyes have always given me opposite results than I should have gotten: if I dye lighter I end up darker and when I do dye darker I end up lighter! After using this dye about 3 times I gradually started getting a consistent dark brown color with warm tones instead of the rich black I was dying it to be in the first place.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I usually get loreal feria, but I wanted to Try something different so I went with sublime mousse in PURE MEDIUM BROWN, I THINK ITS NUMBER 50 NOT FOR SURE ON THE NUMBER , its super easy, didn't drip, it didn't irritate/burn my scalp. the smell isn't has harsh as normal hair color iv used. my hair didn't seem to dry in my opinion, though my hair isn't perfect, it didn't seem overly dry. the conditioner is good, it left my hair silky n soft and smells sooo good. Overall I love it and would buy it again

my hair was already a medium brown color,well my bottom half is, the top is blonde... I wanted to darken it a bit, I dyed the bottom half of my hair with PURE BROWN 50

PICTURE ----> http://s1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/JessicaRabbit90/?action=view¤t=purebrownlorealhairdye2-1.jpg

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair was a mousy brown color before I bought this in pure medium blonde, and now its a super pretty blonde :) almost the same as the package!! It wasn't brassy or orange at all, and it made my hair amazingly soft! I would recommend this to anyone! It was super easy to apply and I used all of the product even though I have shoulder length hair, so if you have longer than that buy a second box! It's relatively cheap and I got mine on sale at target so there should be no issue on price :) Hope I helped!! :D

on 7/17/2012 9:32:00 AM

I just used this in the Iced Chocolate shade. I wanted to tone down some orange-ish tones in my very dark brown hair. This shade does have red undertones, but it made my hair look deeper, richer, and SO silky smooth and shiny! The thing I noticed though, was that while using, there wasn't really enough in the bottle for my medium-long hair. I've used John Frieda foam and there was a lot of product, too much! But overall this isn't a bad hair color, it didn't 'take' as much as I'd like, since I've colored my hair so much in the past few months, I think it needs a break! This product has a pleasant smell, and leaves my hair healthy and light. And the most important thing, next to the results of course, is that it is SO EASY and not messy at all=)

on 6/22/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product a few days ago. When I saw the packaging I thought this would be a less messy way to colour my hair. I picked a red/brown colour called "Hot Brown" and followed the instructions.

It is true, it wasn't messy at all, but a large part of my hair broke off or something, and when I was washing it off, huge lumps of hair kept coming off to the point that I got really worried. My hair is dry now and a bit finer but luckily, I have a lot of hair, but you can still tell the difference.

But, it made no change what so ever to my hair colour when it was supposed to work well on dark brown hair. Waste of money, effort, time and it really had a bad effect on my hair and it fell off. I've done tones of colours at home before but this never happened. L'Oréal, you should be ashamed of delivering such poor quality products!

on 6/13/2012 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My problem: this didn't make my hair fall out or break off, like many people say, but: I started out with dark brown hair that was supposed to get about 2-3 shades lighter (packaging said it would work for dark brown hair), but got a shade darker instead... It blended my new growth with my old coloured hair, and the colour is very natural and nice, but I don't see the point of treating my hair with a good portion of hydrogen peroxide if it get darker... After colouing I used the conditioner that came with it. Sees like they are far from as good as they were before. Then I used "tail & Main" leave-in conditioner --> silky smooth hair.
The colour I used is no. 60 (or 600) - pure light brown (or light brown). My hair went from what is shown on the package of no. 62, just that mine was a tiny bit darker, to what is shown on number 53. That can turn out REALLY BAD for someone that really doesn't want dark hair.
UPDATE: after 1 wash with shampoo my hair got more orange...
UPDATE 2: luckily, no more colour was washed out after the first wash, so it's actually evenly coloured, although in a colour that is totally different from what I was expecting.

Popular Hair Color Products