October 24, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Petal Pusher 736

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by chc11310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was hyped up so much on YouTube and I only felt like 2 of the shades where decent.
I found that they appeared to swatch insanely pigmented but when tried to use on the eyes, I found this product was extremely hard to pack on and very hard to blend, but most importantly was extremely chalky. So much fall out, and this product was so hyped up. I love wet n wild, I love their "walking on eggshells" and their eyeliner but this was a fail for me

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by barbiedolled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On a quest for some nice new purple shades to add to my collection, after seeing all the great reviews here on MUA and on YouTube, I picked up this Petal Pusher palette. I'm a huge fan of Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows (I own a few of their Color Icon trios) and think they are spectacular so I thought hey, can't go wrong with this buy! I picked this up from Walmart for $5, and was so excited to go home and try it out!

It was upon swatching that my excitement subsided. (I want to note that I swatched everything over Urban Decay's Original Primer Potion).

The two Browbone shades are extremely chalky and unpigmented. This shocked me, because of the trios that I own, the Browbone shades have always been nothing but velvety and pigmented for me. As for the Eyelid shades, the lighter of the two is no better than the Browbone shades...just completely chalky and the color does not transfer well at all. The burgundy-ish Eyelid shade is a little bit better: it has a bit more pigmentation than the former ones (not considerably, but it does), and at the very least it isn't as chalky. However it still lacks the sufficient amount of pigmentation needed to create a look easily. I feel that I would have to go over the color repeatedly on my lid just to get it to be the color it looks like in the packaging, which is disappointing because it really is a lovely shade.

The Crease shades are where it gets better. I swatched the purple Crease shade next to Urban Decay's Gravity and it is a PERFECT dupe. It is extremely pigmented and absolutely gorgeous - for me, it is the standout shade in this palette. LOVE. The shade next to it, the black, is the exact same as the black that comes in the Silent Treatment trio. Just wanted to throw that out there. It is a beautiful, pigmented shade of black with a subtle reddish glitter.

As for the Definer shades, they are just as pigmented and lovely as the Crease shades. The purple one (it actually looked kinda blue to me when I first looked at it, haha) is a lovely, I would say, light purple when swatched, and it has a gorgeous iridescence to it. The black next to it is just as well formulated: it is a deep black with silver glitter in it.

Overall, I was pretty let down.

The Browbone and Eyelid shades are just not that great Wet 'n Wild quality I've grown to love, I do not appreciate the chalkyness and lack of pigmentation therefore I know I will never use them. As far as the Crease shades go, I own Urban Decay's Gravity (which I mentioned is a great dupe for the purple Crease shade) and I also own the same sparkly black that comes in my Silent Treatment trio. There is no need for me to have these if I already have the same colors in my collection. The ONLY color that was new to me, and that was gorgeous in both pigmentation and shade, is the purple Definer shade. I am not planning to keep this palette for ONE shade that whilst gorgeous, I know I will not use all that often. I own Urban Decay's Blue Bus and have swatched them next to each other - it will give a similar look in both iridescence and tone, and whilst they may not be a perfect dupe for one another, it is more than good enough for a color I know I will not be reaching for all that often.

I would say that if you are just starting out your collection and do not have any colors like these, go for it. Even though you will only get use out of about half of this palette, I'd say that the half that you are going to be getting use of has some really lovely shades and the $5 price tag on it isn't too steep (mind you you're getting an Urban Decay dupe in this palette!) It's just that for me, personally, the lighter shades were a huge letdown and if I already have the colors that actually worked for me, I'd rather return this and get my $5 back. I think I'll be sticking to the Color Icon trios.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I probably should not have purchased this palette, purples just do not work well on me. I look like I've been punched. I can wear the occasional plum, but these were not for me.

I purchased the palette because one of the shades is a dupe for MAC beautymarked.

Colors aside, I feel like some of these don't apply the same as the other Wet "n" Wild Color Icon shadows. They can be a little streaky and uneven. They don't seem to have the same buttery texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by lydiafan77

I am so tired of buying purple eyeshadows and ending up throwing them out because they don't look good on me. I have and Olive skin tone. Almost Tan. Dark hair, dark eyes. These shadows I will buy for the rest of my life or until they are discontinued. All the colors in this pan look good on me, I have 4 diffferent eyeshadow applicators and brushes that I use to apply. I don't use the applicator that is in this pack.
So no more looking for my purple shade collection. Only 5 dollars. Almost bought a duo for 18 at Kohls, the American Beauty brand purples is 17.50, but didnt buy it. Going for this WnW instead, happily!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The only reason I wouldn't buy this product again is that I don't feel that I use the colors enough. There are some nice colors in it, I just don't reach for them as much as my others. There are really only 2 colors that really stand out to me. The rest are unmemorable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I use this every day. You can get a variety of looks and with the right primer it lasts and lasts.. I've seriously been using this more than my MAC colors.. If you want to experiment with different colors and want to save a boatload of cash definitely give these a try. The purples will look great on almost every skin tone. I promise you wont be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this gorgeous selection of shades. I can create sooooo many different eye looks with it. The quality is outstanding and long lasting. I'd recommend this line to anyone who's considering getting into makeup and is interested in experimenting with color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by ArtsyBre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Wet n Wild "Petal Pusher" palette is a beautiful collection of purple tones, and I love it!!
COLOR DESCRIPTION: The colors that come in this palette are: a pink-toned off-white with a matte finish; a satiny, light pink-purple; a satiny deep purple; a bluish purple with some shimmer; a light pink with a pearly finish; a glittery berry shade; a glittery burgundy color; and a dark, shimmering green. Wow, beautiful, unique colors in this set!
FORMULA/CONSISTENCY: Although these are powder eye shadows, I feel they're kind of creamy, soft, and easy to apply and blend.
COLOR PAY-OFF: These are very pigmented and show up on your eyes just as they do in the palette/pan.
STAYING POWER: The shadows stay on all day long, and I haven't even noticed significant creasing even without a base underneath.
PACKAGING: The packaging is simple, but great!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen these around $5 at stores like Smith's Marketplace (where I got mine!), WalMart, and WalGreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by VanillaUnicornPolish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Awesome Palette! Pretty colors and a very good price only paid $1.50 for it. When they were having there sale at CVS. Not chalky at all nice and pigmented. Overall would definitely recommend! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such pretty colors, and so dang cheap! I'm so used to being disappointed it's great to find a keeper. The pigmentation is great, but the packaging... it feels flimsy and I know if I drop it, the palette is finished. Wish they brought those slide-out mirrors back. But hey, I got this for $1.50 at CVS yesterday (BOGOF, plus a $2 coupon from the red box scanner). Now if only I can find the new party palettes...