July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Shampoo - DermOrganic - Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by 13each13um

Holy smokes I love this shampoo! It's sulfate free, paraben free, ph balanced, and vegan! (Not that I plan to eat it, lol.) Anyway, I have been looking for a sulfate free shampoo that doesn't leave my hair feeling gross/unwashed afterwards and this one really makes my hair and scalp feel clean after washing. And like another reviewer said, I swear my hair feels fuller and bouncier when blow drying it since I've started using it (about a month now). The only negative thing is the smell (kind of like public bathroom hand soap smell) and the price ($19.99 @ TJ Maxx... even more expensive online)! I also use the Intensive Hair Repair Masque with it (which smells a bit better... kind of like artificial cherry blossom scent) and I think the combination has made a real difference in my hair. Also, I like that it's not stripping my hair and scalp of necessary oils. Unfortunately I'm still not at the stage where I can skip a day without washing my hair, but I hope to eventually get there (as I feel that my hair may be starting to thin due to past terrible shampoos and lots of damage from various heating tools-- even though I use products before applying the heat). Anyway, I like it and hope to find it somewhere else for a bit less in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo is very nice and gentle. It has an inoffensive smell and lathers quite well.

I use a large amount because I have thick curly hair and work it in well. I concentrate more on my scalp and it gets the build up off completely without the feeling of stripping everything away.

My hair is always soft and feels very healthy after I use this shampoo. It does make my hair more manageable.

DermOrganic is very nice about their samples, I'd recommend trying it to see how your hair responds as it is on the pricey side.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SAK582

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry colored hair that gets unruly with humidity. I liked the sound of this shampoo because it says PH balanced with no harsh chemicals that are found in standard shampoos. It does NOT say hypoallergenic, but I am trying it anyways because of the rest of the advertising. I have had good luck with some of the Argan oil leave-in serums making my hair soft. I have used this shampoo a few times so far with the argan leave-in rubbed sparingly through towel dried hair. So far it seems to work great. The real test for me is to see if it causes any contact dermatitis, flaking, etc that I normally experience with 50 million other shampoos on the market that I have tried. It usually takes several weeks for me to build up a reaction to a product. I will post an update in a few weeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

NOOOOOOO….I wanted to like this shampoo. But how could I when it dried out my hair. UGH such as a disappointment, especially because this stuff does not come cheap. Not worth it for me. A lot of people found this product but for my hair type (very long colored naturally straight hair) it did not work.

Good news is you can try the trial sizes like I did beforeeee you spend the whole arms and leg lol.

Good Luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by smange04

I know it's a good shampoo when my hair gets compliments - DermOrganics is the one I always turn to.

I attribute my soft and undamaged long hair to using this shampoo. It's been a year now. No complaints!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, gentle sulfate free shampoo. It leaves my thick wavy hair clean but not at all stripped or dry. The scent is... different. I don't even know what the scent is supposed to be. It's not offensive or good just odd. It does not linger though. I do prefer PM Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo but this is a nice one to have on hand to alternate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mariam1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

I've been wanting to try this for awhile because I was looking for sulfate-free shampoo that actually lathers and read that DermOrganic was the one I needed. I picked it up at Marshalls for $20 for the jumbo size with pump. I love the packaging and was pleasantly surprised at the creamy consistency of this shampoo. The smell is also fine, not overpowering and the lather is great! To be honest, it didn't get my hair squeaky-clean but I do have thick hair and only shampooed once if that makes a difference. The second time I used it, I used more product. Overall, I really liked this shampoo, would buy it again and am eager to try it with the DO Conditioner & Masque as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Not a bad shampoo, by any means. I enjoy the smell, and the creamy lotion texture certainly does have more of a 'skincare' feel about it. I'd like more lather - it certainly lathers less than some other sulfate-free shampoos I've used. But, that in itself is not a dealbreaker for me. What I don't like is that it tends to weigh my roots down. Yes, I get very soft smooth hair along the lengths. Yes, it's also shiny. But heaviness at the roots zaps all the volume out of it. For reference, I have fine textured hair, but a lot of it. It's long (below bra strap), gets oily fast at the roots, but is drier at the ends. I like a lightweight shampoo to cleanse the scalp, and a rich conditioner for lengths and ends.
I've experimented a lot with this shampoo - applying varying quantities, sometimes single cleansing, sometimes double cleansing, using different temperatures of water, shampooing with and without conditioner, air drying and blowdrying, using styling products and going au naturel. But, whatever I do, the shampoo just seems slightly too heavy for my hair. My scalp feels oily as soon as my hair is dry. Strangely enough, I can get the 'squeaky clean' sensation I enjoy while rinsing the product out - yet once my hair is dry, my roots are flat and the oilies are back!
I'd recommend this shampoo to those seeking a gentle formulation for dry scalps, or for drier and/or thicker hair types. It's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo is a strange one for me. I've used sulfate-free conditioners before and do use them with this shampoo. So I decided to invest and with all the good reviews bought the huge bottle.
I have color-treated hair. It is also fine, but thick. In the past, after shampooing and conditioning, I've always had to use oils like Chi or Fekkai before blow-drying to protect my hair and make it look not dry after blowing it dry. And if I wanted it to look especially good, I'd have to use something like Fekkai creams to give it shine. Now I don't have to do those things but....
1. My hair when I first blow-dry it is great. It looks perfect. I don't need any styling products and it comes out with shine and absolutely no frizz. It's full and thick.
2. After a few hours, my hair begins to flatten out somewhat, so I have to put in some product to make it look like something, vs before putting in product right away. So I have the choice of going all day without product on my days off, too. This saves my hair.
3. On the second day, my hair is still shiny where before without the DermOrganic Shampoo it would be frizzy.
4. My hair is fly-away.
It doesn't strip my hair at all. It does feel clean. I just have to get used to how this type of sulfate-free cleaning and conditioning is working on my hair.
Bottom line? It cleans my processed hair, leaves it shiny, eliminates frizz, but doesn't give it fullness. And if I want my hair to look really good? I'm going to use my Fekkai styling cream to give my hair added pizzazz.
Cruelty-free and a big bottle for a good price when you buy it at T.J. Maxx or Marshall's.
Over a month later, I love this shampoo. My hair is unbelievably shiny. I am using less of my Chi/Fekkai oils but I still use them to protect when blow-drying. I rarely use Fekkai styling cream anymore. My hair is so full and thick when I blow-dry it it makes me laugh sometimes. (Like I have a big head of hair!) I do run my natural oils (apricot mostly) through my hair too, but I would have to say that the basic difference in the last month must be attributed to this shampoo. My hair has not been weighed down at all by it, either. This is my HG of shampoos now.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by zeusandcoco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this didn't clean my hair enough, I usually only have to wash my hair every 3-4 days, with this shampoo it is oily after 1.5 days, in fact as soon as I've washed it and style it, it still has a bit of oiliness to it, even if I wash my hair twice or three times with it.
Not the worst I've ever used but I think I'll start using it as a nice organic cleanser for my pillowcases instead...
I use Nature's Organics shampoo (in the green bottle) which I find cleans much better and is paraben, sulfate and cruelty free.

***Update- October 2013***
I recently asked DermOrganic on Facebook why their packaging doesn't feature the cruelty-free bunnies, or why they aren't featured on PETA or Choose Cruelty Free's databases (which costs nothing besides the time to sign a legal declaration that they do not test products or ingredients on animals or employ anyone else to do so); they simply stated 'their products aren't tested on animals' but failed to answer my question as to why they wouldn't sign the legal documents PETA and CCF provide stating so. Surprise surprise, they deleted my comment and the comments others made on the matter also. Shady. I've since binned all of the products I bought from them and will NOT be repurchasing until I see their name on one of the lists.