DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

4.2

Aqua/Eau/D.Water, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate(1), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate(2), Decyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methyl Gluceth-20, Infusion of Argan Oil & Sunflower Seed Extract & Grape Seed Extract & Rice Amino Acid & Sodium PCA & Panthenol & Tocopheral Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid (natural preservative), Fragrance.

I have used this shampoo for over a year and it's my favorite non-sulfate shampoo. It doesn't make my back breakout, which is the main reason why I switched to non-sulfate. Initially, I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't rinsing out clean. My hair still looked dirty, matted and felt oily. I eventually realized that I wasn't using enough product. I wash my hair every two days, so by the end of day two, my hair gets extremely oily, and I find that I have to wash my hair twice with this shampoo. I use a tiny bit for my first wash to break up the oils in my hair. Rinse. Then, I go back with more product on the second wash, and I find that I can get a really good lather using this method. It leaves my hair squeaky clean yet, doesn't dry out my scalp. I have medium Asian hair and this stuff doesn't weigh them down at all. However, my mom also tried this shampoo and it made her fine hair really limp and flat, so I wouldn't recommend this to finer hair types. The consistency is light and creamy and I personally like the scent. I'm still on my first bottle and almost halfway through with it, so it lasts a very long time for me. I found this at TJMaxx for $20 (32 ounces) which is way more cost efficient than buying 12 ounces at Ulta for $16. I love it so much that I already bought two backups. Overall, highly recommend!

on 6/17/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My scalp is dry and sensitive and my hair is curly, short, and color-treated. I shampoo twice a week and let my hair air-dry. This creamy, thick shampoo lathers well and contains mild cleansers - the label says they're skin cleansers. Unfortunately, it has a very strong fragrance. The first time I used the shampoo it worked great and left my hair looking shiny and full with no scalp irritation. However, when i used the shampoo three days later my scalp became irritated and itchy the following day. I suspect the cause was the fragrance. If they just eliminated the fragrance this would be a perfect shampoo for those whose hair needs more conditioning.

on 6/2/2013 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Cleanses hair gently (I use it on my oily hair every day) without nasty sulfates. I bought the 1000ml product, and so far a little seems to go a long way, especially with occasional clarifying treatments. This is an excellent value product - look for it on strawberrynet.

*********UPDATED REVIEW***********

I violently hate this shampoo. I've had to go through my products one by one to figure out why my hair has been so nasty and it's this! The ends and lengths are so dry they constantly feel like they've been dipped in sauce (gross). It also doesn't clean my hair thoroughly - I have extremely fine hair, so it should be the easiest to clean. That so many other reviews are glowing makes me wonder - are they rotating products or have they just not used this long enough, or is my hair bizarre-o? I'd buy some cruddy Pantene before I use this again.

on 6/2/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy smokes I love this shampoo! It's sulfate free, paraben free, ph balanced, and vegan! (Not that I plan to eat it, lol.) Anyway, I have been looking for a sulfate free shampoo that doesn't leave my hair feeling gross/unwashed afterwards and this one really makes my hair and scalp feel clean after washing. And like another reviewer said, I swear my hair feels fuller and bouncier when blow drying it since I've started using it (about a month now). The only negative thing is the smell (kind of like public bathroom hand soap smell) and the price ($19.99 @ TJ Maxx... even more expensive online)! I also use the Intensive Hair Repair Masque with it (which smells a bit better... kind of like artificial cherry blossom scent) and I think the combination has made a real difference in my hair. Also, I like that it's not stripping my hair and scalp of necessary oils. Unfortunately I'm still not at the stage where I can skip a day without washing my hair, but I hope to eventually get there (as I feel that my hair may be starting to thin due to past terrible shampoos and lots of damage from various heating tools-- even though I use products before applying the heat). Anyway, I like it and hope to find it somewhere else for a bit less in the future!

on 6/1/2013 2:50:00 PM

This shampoo is very nice and gentle. It has an inoffensive smell and lathers quite well.

I use a large amount because I have thick curly hair and work it in well. I concentrate more on my scalp and it gets the build up off completely without the feeling of stripping everything away.

My hair is always soft and feels very healthy after I use this shampoo. It does make my hair more manageable.

DermOrganic is very nice about their samples, I'd recommend trying it to see how your hair responds as it is on the pricey side.

on 5/20/2013 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry colored hair that gets unruly with humidity. I liked the sound of this shampoo because it says PH balanced with no harsh chemicals that are found in standard shampoos. It does NOT say hypoallergenic, but I am trying it anyways because of the rest of the advertising. I have had good luck with some of the Argan oil leave-in serums making my hair soft. I have used this shampoo a few times so far with the argan leave-in rubbed sparingly through towel dried hair. So far it seems to work great. The real test for me is to see if it causes any contact dermatitis, flaking, etc that I normally experience with 50 million other shampoos on the market that I have tried. It usually takes several weeks for me to build up a reaction to a product. I will post an update in a few weeks.

NOOOOOOO….I wanted to like this shampoo. But how could I when it dried out my hair. UGH such as a disappointment, especially because this stuff does not come cheap. Not worth it for me. A lot of people found this product great but for my hair type (very long, colored, naturally straight hair) it did not work.

Good news is you can try the trial sizes like I did beforeeee you spend the whole arms and leg lol.

Good Luck!

on 5/7/2013 10:20:00 AM

I know it's a good shampoo when my hair gets compliments - DermOrganics is the one I always turn to.

I attribute my soft and undamaged long hair to using this shampoo. It's been a year now. No complaints!

on 4/25/2013 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a nice, gentle sulfate free shampoo. It leaves my thick wavy hair clean but not at all stripped or dry. The scent is... different. I don't even know what the scent is supposed to be. It's not offensive or good just odd. It does not linger though. I do prefer PM Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo but this is a nice one to have on hand to alternate.

on 4/12/2013 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I've been wanting to try this for awhile because I was looking for sulfate-free shampoo that actually lathers and read that DermOrganic was the one I needed. I picked it up at Marshalls for $20 for the jumbo size with pump. I love the packaging and was pleasantly surprised at the creamy consistency of this shampoo. The smell is also fine, not overpowering and the lather is great! To be honest, it didn't get my hair squeaky-clean but I do have thick hair and only shampooed once if that makes a difference. The second time I used it, I used more product. Overall, I really liked this shampoo, would buy it again and am eager to try it with the DO Conditioner & Masque as well.

Top Rated DermOrganic Products