October 1, 2014 | 1817 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Finishing Kabuki

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This powder works wonders for applying finishing powder (either in pressed or loose form) onto one's face. It deposits just the right amount of color and it allows for easy buffing as well.

I am super pleased with this brush. And, I so glad that I ended up picking up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm in between on this brush. It is very soft but it's just kind of difficult to wash. Takes longer to dry and holds onto moisture like there's no tomorrow. I was getting the excess water out of it for close to a half hour. Even then, in one small area, it dried abnormally and is mildly stiff but only in that area. I'll have to rewash it and do the entire process over again.
I also noticed some light shedding upon getting it out of its packaging and a hair or two come out while drying. Not an epic deal but was concerning.

I do really like the handle, makes it very easy to use. I tried using it to apply some cream type blush and it did not work well. It would not pick up the color too well, even after three swipes. Thankfully, it did apply whatever color it did pick up very well. Natural, light finish.

I then tried it for loose setting powder and it seemed to do better with that. It again did not pick up a great deal of powder. As with the blush, whatever it did get, it applied well and had a very nice buffering effect.

I think this brush is fantastic for buffering and light powder use. I will continue to use it until I can't anymore, though I don't think I'd buy another.

It's beautiful, soft and a decent starter brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by snowbird53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent brush for applying loose powder. It grabs just enough product and leaves a very natural finish. Never cakey! I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I love this for applying my setting powder over liquid foundation. It deposits just the right amount of powder, without ruining the finish of my foundation. It never appears cakey, which can be the case when I use a tradtional powder blush.

Mine did shed a few bristles upon initial washing, and I did have to trim a few hairs, as they were a tad uneven in comparison to the rest of the brush, but other than that, it was perfect. The bristles were soft and regained shaped after multiple washings. Good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush i AMAZINGLY soft! i actually didnt think it wouldnt be good at applying my revlon colorstay foundation because i thought it was just not dense enough and was too floppy but it actually turned out great! i also used this to apply my highly pigmented blushes! i would definitely recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by synmyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm baffled by all the previous reviews saying that this finishing brush is "soft", because I found it quite rough compared to the Ecotools blush, bronzer, and retractable kabuki brushes. In addition to the roughness, I thought that the size of the bristle head was too large and unweildy.

I far prefer the Sonia Kashuk highlighter or small duo fiber brush and the Real Techniques stippling brush (both of which are softer and smaller) to this brush. I've returned my Ecotools finishing brush. While it looks adorable--like an old fashioned men's shaving brush--my skin simply can't tolerate the roughness.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my very first kabuki brush and I rather enjoy it. Very, very soft. I was able to pick up a TON of my NARS loose powder (I took the sifters off because I usually have to do that with all my other brushes) and I ended up caking it on, so I don't have to work extra hard anymore, LOL. I wouldn't use it to pat it on, like really stipple, like straight onto your face because it hurts, but it's better than others I've used, so if you can get over that then it'll be good for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this brush. I use it to apply my bronzer and it gives perfect, even coverage. It is super soft and washes/dries very nicely. I like how it stands on its own--it looks so cute on my vanity. I am probably going to get a backup because I like it so much--I would like to try to try with foundation too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ryan1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this at walgreens and had to pick it up its so freakin cute. But the brush itself actually works well on buffin my liquid foundation. It works rather well with blush also and gives a very natural look but i find it a bit to big to use for that.But overall i like this brush im sure ill find a few other uses for it. As for packaging i do like that it comes in a reuseable package but it is a PITA gettin it out but i like the reuseable concept so i will try to fnd something to do with it. But overall i really like the brush and if i needed to i would but another.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Is this brush new? I've only seen it in stores once and snatched it up immediately. I love ectotools. This brush beats my Sonia Kashuk stippling brush, and has replaced it in my brush collection. So soft to the touch. Works great for foundation. Haven't used it yet for highlighter/anything else, but I'm sure it would work. Though I must be honest: the first time I washed it I did notice two hairs come out. :( I have never had this issue with ANY of my ecotools brushes, and I'm hoping it doesn't keep shedding. But still I love it and would repurchase. Oh and a sidenote! I HATE the packaging of all ecotools brushes! It's a big waste of time the way they make them resealable, as if anyone is going to use that bag to transport their brush in?? AND it's a PITA to get the brush out, you have to pull it out through a tiny slot and the bristles will get ruffled the wrong way. Dude, I JUST realized a way to get around this. Cut off the bottom and pull the brush out, handle first, through the bottom. DUH. Since I'm gonna throw the package away anyway. Can't believe I just figured that out. Anyway, I still hate the packaging!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No