Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, PEG-6 beeswax, diisostearyl dimer dilinoleate, hydrogenated castor oil, ozokerite, calcium stearate, ceresin, alumina, TOCOPHEROL, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, and propylparaben. [+/- May contain CI 42090 / blue 1 lake, CI 75470 / carmine, CI 77007 / ultramarines, CI 77163 / bismuth oxychloride, CI 77288 / chromium oxide greens, CI 77289 / chromium hydroxide green, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide, CI 77742 / manganese violet, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide, and mica.

on 3/4/2010 6:30:00 PM

The most money I've ever spent on an eyeliner...& it didn't stay put! I don't see how this can be called "waterproof", it smudged not too long after I applied it. I have not been using it, I'm sticking to my Revlon Colorstay.

on 2/22/2010 1:06:00 AM

Trying to find a new eyeliner, and having liked past Lancome products I thought I would give this eyeliner a try as well. I liked how it glides on and how you don't have to sharpen the eyeliner. However, "waterproof long lasting", wasn't what I got. I found it always smudging throughout the day. Even after informing the sales person of my oily/combinations skin she still guaranteed that it was a "excellent product and stays on great throughout the day". For a third of that price I found other products that did so much better!

on 2/10/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This glides on incredibly gently, without a trace of pulling, tugging, or catching on the skin. The color is rich, velvety, and super pigmented. Unfortunately, it smudges terribly- upper lids, lower lids, and rims. As much as I wanted to use this I could not. If you are looking for a precise line that does not travel this is the not the right product at all.

on 10/25/2009 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I used Lancome crayon kohl in decades past, and always wound up with the waxy dark colors sliding down my undereye area. I was convinced by a salesgirl to try this one, and I did. It is very good for the upper lid; I can smoosh it into the lashline and blur it. On the lower lid, I use it with one of my highly rated Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners. So I give it a 4 overall. It is a good eyeliner which I prefer in this pen form for the color "noir" which basically asks for drama. The price is decent, and thus far there has been no breakage. I like the smudger on the opposite end.

on 10/12/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the very best Eyeliners in Black (Noir) that I have ever used (and I have used many at my age! ;) ) Stays on well on the waterlines (upper & lower) and is a dream to apply. I don't use it anywhere else on my eye so can't comment for use on outer lining. It lasts very well as I generally only apply once and it's the first wind up liner (as in not a pencil) I've ever used - that's a bonus as I never need to sharpen it. It is also a definite dark Black in colour.

Having said all that, as someone else here said, the lid on the liner end has split which is a negative and the smudger (which I never use) has come loose and pulls right off - which is something I did not expect from a Brand that is quite pricey. So I will deduct 1 Lippy for this reason. I wish I could give it 4.5 though as it is such a great liner. I treat my products with care and so think this should not happen as you are paying for a reasonably expensive item.

Overall I think this product is excellent and easy to use/apply. I will be buying again when I run out. Oh and also need to mention that it seems to be lasting a very long time, perhaps that is because you use all of the product rather than wasting it as you do when you sharpen a pencil liner - so, that's another bonus then! :)

on 10/6/2009 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Alright eyeliner, was not waterproof or long lasting on me, average for what it is, but way too expensive for what it is. There are many other eyeliners that are the same or better but cost significantly less.

on 9/25/2009 9:08:00 AM

This eyeliner is okay. I would not repurchase. I don't feel it is any better than most eyeliners I have used.

on 6/28/2009 3:01:00 AM

GREAST lasting power. It’s the only eyeliner I use FOR MY WATERLINE.
I have tried most of the cheapo brands from drugstores (Wet n’ Wild, Maybelline, L’Oréal –not so bad, Covergirl, Prestige, NYC, Revlon, etc.), but also Estée Lauder’s, Clinique’s, Urban Decay… perhaps this is why I love this one… I haven’t tried ALL of those "luxurious" brands... Maybe I don't want to try any others...?

However, on my upper eyelid I use Lancome’s Kohl and it’s also the best and blackest I’ve tried :-)

P.S. Has the cap of anyone else broke like mine did?

on 6/22/2009 3:10:00 PM

This my HG black eyeliner. I've been buying this eyeliner for the past two years. Not only does the product last a long time but wow does it stay on! My friends would ask me what eyeliner I used and one of them bought it and actually started calling it the "permanent marker"! LOL

I've sleeped with this on (not the greatest idea) and it does not budge. I recently ran out and since I needed an eyeliner quick I ran out to the drug store and picked up L'Oreal's infallible 16 hour eyeliner, the 16 hours was more like an hour. This think smeared and not only did not last 16 hours you couldn't even tell I had it on after an hour! Needless to say that now I know why I am willing to pay so much more for Lancome's.

on 6/21/2009 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this. I have it in prune and it's beautiful. It lasts all day. My only complaint is that it does smear off a little after a while of wearing it. And that's why i took off a lippy. (I'm talking like 4ish hours of wearing it though. Not too bad.)

put it on in the morning, and you'll only need to reaply once, maybe twice more that same day. It's one of the best eye liners i've ever had. This looks like a high quality eyeliner when on.

Top Rated Lancome Products