April 21, 2014 | 1626 users online

Concealers - L.A. Girl - Pro conceal HD concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by romagrey

This is a very, very good concealer for the price. I have quite a lot of acne scaring that foundation can't cover but I don't like to wear more than one layer. This does the job!
It is very cheap, high coverage, a good tacky formula that sticks if trying to cover a zit, stays put, doesn't cake up much, hasn't broke me out. I use the colour Creamy beige on my NC25 skin and it is a good match, I mean ideally I would prefer one even more yellow based, but I am not willing to go out and buy a way more expensive concealer just to have one slightly more yellow toned. If anyone knows what would be a better match for NC25 skin let me know please

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by agir002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought GC980 Cool Tan as my MAC NC42 was running out.
I was surprised at how great this concealor is for the price!

Pros: Price
Nice applicator brush
Good colour selection
Conceals well
Did not dry out the skin under my eyes

Cons: Not natual ingredients but I would buy again as it is hard to find my colour.
Sometimes the water separates and comes out of the brush. Not a big deal but a bit annoying. Cant complain for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by girlnextd00rr

I ordered this product online on a whim because I'd seen some pretty good reviews online, and I'm really glad I did. :)

I'm no make-up expert so I can't tell if the coverage is excellent or whatever, but it covers up my blemishes which makes it good enough for me. Mine is in pure beige and it fits my skin tone perfectly even though I'm always getting tanner or fairer over time. It also gives my face a kind of golden dewy glow, maybe because it has yellowish undertones!

The only thing I dislike about this concealer is the built-in applicator. Quite a bit of product gets stuck on the brush, which is a waste! It's also easy to accidentally squeeze out too much product. One way to get around this is to squeeze it out on your finger first before applying, though that doesn't reduce the wastage.

For the price, I think the packaging can be overlooked. This concealer is definitely worth a try if you're looking for a new concealer that will do the job without burning a hole in your pocket. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this as I was running out of my MAC prolongwear bottle...Lately I've become a concealer whore, wherein I'm always looking for a prettier one, with brightening effects, within my budget, of course. This was under three dollars. In my opinion, it wears just as well as HE concealers, as long as you blend it well and set it. The skin underneath my eyes is very sensitive, so more often than not when I first apply it, it stings, but I still wear it, Stupid? Probably. Worth a stab for everyone. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by laurenmarieXCIX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this online from amazon and it took like 5 days to arrive which wasn't too bad..I was so freakin excited when I got it in the mail cause i'd bought it right after I heard DazzleDiaries of YT talking about it. IT's so awesome! its really creamy and hydrating, which is good for me cause I have dry skin! The coverage is good ----it covered the acne scarring and redness and concealed the discoloration under my eyes. if you have really oily skin I still think youd like it, just set it with a powder. The finish is slightly glowy ,but definitely not greasy, or oily looking and definitely not powdery or matte.I bought the shade "medium Beige" And I'm loreal true match shade w6 which is like MAC NC35. If you have pinkish undertones, beware because this concealer has golden,yellow undertones. The applicator on this is really unsanitary...just cut it off or do whatever , you could pump it on your hand then put it on your face...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by b_jones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this concealer! I was and still am a big fan of the laura Geller real deal concealer, but this LA girl is just as great and the price is phenomenal! I purchased them from a website called the beauty joint .com they cost $2.50 there and they were $2.07 for shipping which is a great deal. I found a beauty supply in the Chicagoland suburbs and they were $2.00 there (totally a great deal). This concealer is long lasting and does not crease! My color is medium beige (NC43) for reference and it is a perfect match! Ladies take a chance on this it does not disappoint & if you don't like it you're only out 2 bucks which is not much to lose!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love love love this stuff! I got Beautiful Bronze which is almost equal to NW45 but it's not as orange as my NW45. As I'm getting older, I'm getting horrible dark circles around my eyes and it's to the point where I hate going out without concealer. I don't like super thick concealers but I need that kind of coverage. This one is perfect. It's thick but not too thick and the coverage is amazing! I do have to be careful because a lot tends to come out, but that's minor. I'd been on a MAC kick and while they are great for certain things, their foundation and concealers are never a perfect match for me. LA Girl reminds me that great products can also be inexpensive in cost.

Update: I'm still using the same tube. I've had no problems with it separating or turning watery. It still works great. Since I only use it under my eyes, I'm just now starting to run out. The price has gone up since it first came out so that tells you how well this product is doing.

Update: I've ordered Chestnut and I really can't see the difference between it and BB. I've also ordered Fawn, Toffee and Toast. I use Fawn and Toffee under Toast or BB. The only weird thing is that Fawn, Toffee and Toast seem dryer than the BB and Chestnut. I like consistency when buying products and it doesn't seem like I can get that when buying these.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by confooseddesi608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I highly recommend this product!

This is going to be a long review, so skip down to the end to "Pros" and "Cons" to get the summary.

Cost: The retail price is $2.50 USD for 0.25 oz (8 g), which, if you've bought concealer before, is very cheap!

Availability: This is one downside to the product--it can be very difficult to find. I was lucky enough to find it in my (small) local discount cosmetics store for $2 each (unfortunately, they didn't have my shade, so I had to buy it online)! Shade matching is quite difficult online--also, shipping charges! (About shade selection, I have attempted to help out by posting the photos on this page of some of the shades swatched in comparison to other shades.) The most cost-effective method to purchasing this product, I have found (at the time of this review), is through eBay from BeautyJoint (note: I am not affiliated in any way, I promise! But this is how I purchased my L.A. Girls concealer.) They combine shipping, so it ends up being cheaper than CherryCulture unless you purchase more than eight of the concealers. Here is a comparison to CC, which charges $5.95 per shipment (FLAT RATE): If you get up to 8 L.A. concealers from BeautyJoint, you pay shipping of around 5.95. But with each subtracted item, you pay less shipping. For example, buying one of the concealers from this eBay seller, you pay $1.95 for shipping; buying two, you pay $2.29 shipping, three, $2.63 shipping. So unless you get eight or more concealers, it is more economical to purchase (one to seven) concealers from this eBay seller, than CC, which charges $5.95 flat per shipment (under forty dollars). I would suggest buying three or four shades, because I ended up being a lighter shade than I thought I would--I bought four and liked the lightest (for undereyes); though I wasted around $10.50, I know my shade now, AND for a single concealer, I have paid much, much more in the past.

Packaging: Squeeze tube with screw-on cap. Not very pretty, but functional. I like squeeze tubes for liquid concealers the best, because it is easiest to get the last bit of product out OR mix different colors together in a separate pot. One of the issues is the stupid brush attached to the end of the squeeze tube. It seems like it wastes product, and it's not very sanitary. However, the brush is removable--I firmly grip the brush with my teeth and pull. That leaves only the tube opening--a little bigger of a hole than needed (with the brush gone), so careful not to squeeze too much product out.

Texture: This has a liquid-cream consistency which is easily blended out with a concealer brush. I would only recommend using your fingers to blend if you want light coverage; using a concealer brush ensures you can build it to heavier coverage. It seems to blend in seamlessly with my skin (I use it primarily for under eye circles, which are dark purple). It dries to a semi-matte finish, perfect in my opinion.

Coverage: This provides light-to-moderate coverage, depending on how you apply it (brush or finger) and how much you build it up. This doesn't offer anything spectacular in terms of coverage, but for a concealer this economical, the coverage is DEFINITELY superior. I would call this moderate coverage; if you liked, you could build it up to slightly heavier coverage.

Endurance: This performs very well in terms of endurance--it DOES settle into my fine lines a bit, but let me be clear: I have NEVER, EVER found a concealer with adequate coverage that has NOT settled into my lines. This has settled less so than any other concealer I have tried. If it didn't settle into my lines at all, I'd wonder if it was some kind of crazy, awesome dream, or something. It also oxidizes just a tad and can feel somewhat drying under the eyes. I try to put the faintest sweep of setting powder over it, so as not to exacerbate the dryness. Even with powder, it seems to fade a bit after a couple of hours, so reapplication is necessary.

Ingredient Safety: I also have posted the ingredients, which I could not find ANYWHERE online. If you look at the ingredients, you will see there are five different parabens!

Shades: There are eighteen shades, from Classic Ivory to Dark Cocoa. They offer so many shades for "Women of Color," and that makes me love this concealer (and the brand) that much more. It is normally IMPOSSIBLE to find a decent shade match in concealer when you are darker than Jennifer Lopez. I am NC40-42 and like to use 40ish shades under my eyes. I use Cool Tan, but it's a tad pinkish/dark for me. I mix it with some Medium Beige, which is lighter and yellower than the Cool Tan. I've also posted some photos here of the shades swatched.

L.A. Girl's product description:
Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet light weight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage, evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Cera Alba) Stearyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides, (CT 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

PROS AND CONS

Pros:

EXTREMELY affordable!
Great range of shades
Good squeeze-tube packaging
Moderate coverage
Settles much less into lines
Semi-matte finish

Cons:

Difficult to match shade
Difficult to find
Settles into lines & oxidizes a bit
A bit drying

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer ticks every box that I look for, it provides decent coverage, lasting power is excellent, super inexpensive and has a wide variation of colours which is amazing. Looking at many raved reviews about this concealer on YouTube, I had to jump on the bandwagon. Unfortunately, living in the UK hasn't given me easy access to purchase this however I bought two colours Cool Tan and Fawn on Beautyjoint.com, and couldn't be any happier. I'd say Cool Tan is like an NC42/NW35 and Fawn around an NC45 shade. As Fawn is relatively a similar tone to my skin, I don't use this to highlight my face, more so to conceal blemishes. I use Cool Tan as a highlight and it stays put all day, for a mere $2.50, I really can't complain however at times the concealer does tend to separate, sometimes I squeeze some product to find some water on the brush applicator - no bueno, but once again - an amazing find, very similar to MAC Pro Longwear which I still lovee but just way cheaper, I do recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this off Cherry culture because they carry more shades but it's hard to choose the shades. I bought 2, natural and medium beige. Both colors are not an exact match to my NC35 skintone. Medium beige is darker than my skintone and natural is the 2nd lightest shade they offer. I mix both to get the ideal shade.

I love how creamy and opaque this concealer is. I really don't need a lot to cover my undereye circles and blemishes. The price itself is a steal because it's very comparable to my HG concealer, MAC Pro Longwear concealer. Consistency is thinner than MAC PLW concealer, and very comfortable to wear. It blends like a dream and wears for quite long.

The only major turn off about it is the packaging. If it came in a squeeze tube without the brush, I would love this concealer even more. However, if I were to compare packaging with MAC Pro Longwear, this wins hands down. And I have to shake really well in the first few squeezes because of the water instead.

Definitely repurchasing because it's just the most amazing concealer money can get you. It's extremely affordable and comparable to MAC Pro Longwear which costs like 30 SGD.