Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

4.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d┬┐abeille, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, PVP, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is very good. I like this for shadows with chunky glitter, or fine glitter or pigment. It dries completely to be not noticeable, and does not feel tacky or sticky.

Is pricey, but you use so little, one bottle will last forever.

on 10/11/2011 12:02:00 AM

I'm not sure why people are using a primer + this product because this product is a primer!! I have waited to do a review on this because I wanted to use it with regular eyeshadows, pigments, and mineralized eyeshadows to see how it would work. I found that the glitter glue works amazingly with regular eyeshadows, HOWEVER, you cannot blend over it. So you may just want to put the glitter glue on part of your eye because you won't be able to blend in the crease with it. My most favorite eyeshadow ever, Pink Split Mineralized Eyeshadow by MAC, works fantastic over the glitter glue. You don't need to foil the MES anymore since it completely sticks to the glitter glue!! Awesome. And of course pigments stick all day to this glitter glue. I haven't used glitter since I don't own any. But I'm sure it would work just as well as all the other products with the glitter glue. This is one of the most amazing products I've used in a long time. Highly recommend!!

on 9/25/2011 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I agree with all the previous reviewers. A great product that does what it claims to do. I still have some fall out, but I'm happy with the results nevertheless. Only apply this where you want the loose pigment/glitter to go. I tried applying regular eyeshadow over this stuff and that was a nightmare! I couldn't blend it. So I'll use my regular eyeshadow primer everywhere else when I want to use regular e/s. Now that I've figured it out, I love using this product!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Congratulations to Too Faced for doing what Urban Decay wouldn't: making Midnight Cowboy (and its sequels) wearable. This is exactly what it says on the tin: glue. It dries to a tacky but comfortable finish and is best patted on (I usually rub in my other primers). Once it's dry, pat on the lovely glitters that you have been ignoring up until now because of their fallout, and it's a miracle. Everything stays in place and your face isn't a disco ball.

There are some drawbacks that I did notice. Blending in other shadows is difficult. I blended like crazy and could still see a very marked line between the two colors I tried. Using the glue over another shade done with regular primer gave me the same results. I'll admit, I don't have any pigments to try this with, but making it difficult to blend shadows together is why I had to take a star off.

Still, this stuff is great for when you want a fun, simple, glittery eye with the least amount of fallout possible. Finally! A way to actually *use* the shade UD keeps shoving in nearly every pallet they make!

on 8/25/2011 3:42:00 PM

I just bought this after watching a yourtube video. This stuff is fantastic. I have never had a loose eyeshadow stay on so long and pigmented before. The application was a bit strange, i used my normal UD primer potion and then i applied the glitter glue and my eye lid felt a little tacky, i applied my loose eyeshadow and it took so well. Literally like its glued on. This stuff is amazing! I love the package its in and the price isnt too bad either.

on 6/21/2011 5:20:00 AM

this is a must have product. it goes on clear and doesnt feel tacky or heavy. it allows glitter and pigments to apply like a dream. not one piece of glitter comes out of place even if you rub it. well worth the money and cruelty free.

on 6/7/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

All I have to say is, Glitter Glue, where have you been all my life?

This is by far the product that I am most excited about (of the moment.) I love my MAC pigments but have always been disappointed about how fast they have worn off during the course of my day..ok, that's a stretch...after 30 minutes of applying. Seriously, I think my car air conditioner is capable of blowing it off in the mornings on the way to work. However, this magic in a tube has done wonders for the staying power of MAC Pigment, and I'm sure any other random glitter or loose shadow for that matter. If you are having trouble getting your shadow, glitter, or pigment to stay in place, please do yourself a favor and purchase this. It's a little expensive (I want to say around 20.00 for a tube) but a little bit goes a long way and this is one of those products that's worth the investment.

on 3/4/2011 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Probably the best $18 I've ever spent! This stuff is great, it really holds down glitter and loose shadow/pigments. Its definitely more sticky/tacky feeling than regular TFSI. But no worries, it doesn't stay like that. Once you have it smoothed on to eyelids its no longer sticky feeling. I was really impressed with how it made my MAC reflects look....just like in the jar. I love sparkle so its perfect for me.

on 2/22/2011 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love wearing glitter eyeshadows and lose pigments, but I never really found anything that made them stick like this does. It's like super glue for glitter/pigments. The only downside is that I have remnants of glitter even after I used makeup remover. But I'd rather have it work extremely well than not at all. :)

on 2/21/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I cannot believe it took this long for a brand to come up with something like this. My glitter shadows used to just get all the glitter on my check instead of staying on my eyelid when I would apply them! I hated it and never understood why it wouldnt stay. I work at ulta and when I was setting up the new products for spring I came across this and immediately tried it out. I was shocked, the glitter actually sticks to it. I looked at the ingredients and it looks like what makes it work is beeswax, pretty cool. I was sold and bought it after work. I love it. For me I do have really oily skin and I tried it without using a primer underneath and it did last a really long time but still creased on me eventually. Im sure for everyone else no primer would be needed under this because I always have issues with creasing. Some days I can go almost all day before I crease and others a crease after about 6 hours, depends how oily my skins wants to be that day I guess (this is just talking about basic primers not the glitter glue). I would def recommend this for people how have sparkly shadows or glitters and really want them to look the way they do in their container!