October 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by CynicallyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Congratulations to Too Faced for doing what Urban Decay wouldn't: making Midnight Cowboy (and its sequels) wearable. This is exactly what it says on the tin: glue. It dries to a tacky but comfortable finish and is best patted on (I usually rub in my other primers). Once it's dry, pat on the lovely glitters that you have been ignoring up until now because of their fallout, and it's a miracle. Everything stays in place and your face isn't a disco ball.

There are some drawbacks that I did notice. Blending in other shadows is difficult. I blended like crazy and could still see a very marked line between the two colors I tried. Using the glue over another shade done with regular primer gave me the same results. I'll admit, I don't have any pigments to try this with, but making it difficult to blend shadows together is why I had to take a star off.

Still, this stuff is great for when you want a fun, simple, glittery eye with the least amount of fallout possible. Finally! A way to actually *use* the shade UD keeps shoving in nearly every pallet they make!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by patricia225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this after watching a yourtube video. This stuff is fantastic. I have never had a loose eyeshadow stay on so long and pigmented before. The application was a bit strange, i used my normal UD primer potion and then i applied the glitter glue and my eye lid felt a little tacky, i applied my loose eyeshadow and it took so well. Literally like its glued on. This stuff is amazing! I love the package its in and the price isnt too bad either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is a must have product. it goes on clear and doesnt feel tacky or heavy. it allows glitter and pigments to apply like a dream. not one piece of glitter comes out of place even if you rub it. well worth the money and cruelty free.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by amyshannon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

All I have to say is, Glitter Glue, where have you been all my life?

This is by far the product that I am most excited about (of the moment.) I love my MAC pigments but have always been disappointed about how fast they have worn off during the course of my day..ok, that's a stretch...after 30 minutes of applying. Seriously, I think my car air conditioner is capable of blowing it off in the mornings on the way to work. However, this magic in a tube has done wonders for the staying power of MAC Pigment, and I'm sure any other random glitter or loose shadow for that matter. If you are having trouble getting your shadow, glitter, or pigment to stay in place, please do yourself a favor and purchase this. It's a little expensive (I want to say around 20.00 for a tube) but a little bit goes a long way and this is one of those products that's worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by CocoMango

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Probably the best $18 I've ever spent! This stuff is great, it really holds down glitter and loose shadow/pigments. Its definitely more sticky/tacky feeling than regular TFSI. But no worries, it doesn't stay like that. Once you have it smoothed on to eyelids its no longer sticky feeling. I was really impressed with how it made my MAC reflects look....just like in the jar. I love sparkle so its perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by PandoraCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love wearing glitter eyeshadows and lose pigments, but I never really found anything that made them stick like this does. It's like super glue for glitter/pigments. The only downside is that I have remnants of glitter even after I used makeup remover. But I'd rather have it work extremely well than not at all. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaskine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe it took this long for a brand to come up with something like this. My glitter shadows used to just get all the glitter on my check instead of staying on my eyelid when I would apply them! I hated it and never understood why it wouldnt stay. I work at ulta and when I was setting up the new products for spring I came across this and immediately tried it out. I was shocked, the glitter actually sticks to it. I looked at the ingredients and it looks like what makes it work is beeswax, pretty cool. I was sold and bought it after work. I love it. For me I do have really oily skin and I tried it without using a primer underneath and it did last a really long time but still creased on me eventually. Im sure for everyone else no primer would be needed under this because I always have issues with creasing. Some days I can go almost all day before I crease and others a crease after about 6 hours, depends how oily my skins wants to be that day I guess (this is just talking about basic primers not the glitter glue). I would def recommend this for people how have sparkly shadows or glitters and really want them to look the way they do in their container!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by thatglowingangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I got this. I almost never wear my loose pigments or glitters because I know a good portion of it won't stay on the lid for long and I always get fall out. I have never tried the foiling process because its an extra step I don't have time for when I need to leave in the morning. However, when I use the glitter glue, everything stays on! It was $26.88 CAN but since I will only be using the glitter glue on the lid and the regular too faced eyeshadow insurance on the crease area I'm sure it will last a long time since the TFSI had lasted for ~3 years now. I now have "rediscovered" many eyeshadows, like MAC's pigment in mauvement, NARS night eyeshadows with those beautiful glitters, and loose mineral eyeshadows etc.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this with my Urban Decay glitter eye shadows, MAC pigments, glitters, Barry M dazzle dusts, Studio Gear star dusts, and various loose eye shadows and let me tell you this product is incredible. There is no fall out after application, you can go through a 8-12 hour day and still have your face looking like a glitter bomb didn't explode on it. It adheres way better than any primer you'll ever use. It's a light weight tacky application. When I used to use my makeup with urban decay primer potion or too faced shadow insurance , some of the shimmer loose shadows I had would disappear during blending, fall down my face 20 minutes later, or smear and fade. The bonding glue actually makes the shimmers, glitters, pigments, more vibrant and they don't budge after you apply them. The best part about this product that I love, you get to control where you want to apply your eye makeup. if you want glitter just on your lid, that's where it'll go. I used to get glitter flying up above my crease where I didn't want it. I could sit here and rave about too faced shadow insurance insurance glitter glue forever. All women that hate using loose shadows, give it another try with this as a base, you'll love it!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

This is like glue! It goes on a bit tacky then dries to a clear shine. I just lightly patted my MAC glitter on top and it stuck like glue! It did not wear off, no fall out, no movement what-so-ever after 12 hours. This stuff works! My favorite primer is by Mary Kay, but this is the best one I have found for glitter and loose powder shadows (BE, MAC pigments...). I haven't tried this for eyeshadow, but plan too soon. If you are a shimmer lover such as myself, this is a must!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No