October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by antoanto23

Lovely lip balm,the coloured one give a sheer but very visible wash of colour.keeps the lips very soft and leave a stain of colour too.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased several of these lip balms to use for a hint of color or for SPF while out in the sun. The colors are great and the packaging is cute and they smell nice for the most part, I did have one that didn't smell the best that was a neon orange color. The texture is nice and sheer and creamy. The issue I have with these lip balms is that they are very bitter and somehow always end up in my mouth and they taste AWFUL! I don't typically lick my lips a lot or ingest lip color on purpose but somehow, these particular balms always end up making me chew gum to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I have worn lipsticks and just about every type of gloss, balm, and stain out there and nothing has tasted as bad as Baby Lips lip balm. The taste gets on the back of your tongue and stays there, it is terrible! That being said, if you have no sense of taste then you can probably enjoy these lippies with no problem. I definitely would not recommend these or repurchase them again, I am still trying to give away the ones I purchased previously. I am still trying to figure out why people rave about these because I have been consistently disappointed by them. They do look cute, though, which is a bummer because I am always tricked into buying another just to be sure it wasn't a fluke the first four times.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by maddielaurie

Love to use this in the summer because my lips burn easily as I am at the beach a lot, works well as an SPF but doesn't really change my lips for better or for worse. I love the smell but can't stand the taste. I've had the peach one, blue and pink one, and a few from the electro line and would probably buy again considering the price. Overall just an average lip balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Baby Lips Lip Balm is good, but I'm not particularly impressed. I have shade Quenched 005, which is clear. The packaging, which is probably why I bought it, is turquoise with hot pink details. It smells nice... & that's about it. I basically only wear this around the house. In all conscience, I wouldn't trust this to protect my lips outside exposure or during cold winter months. It's supposed to moisturize for a full 8 hours & it didn't last half that time. I have to apply this several times throughout the day regardless of whether or not I eat or drink & that's my major con/complaintóno staying power.

I'm so glad I only bought one to try it out because Baby Lips turned out to be a basic lip balm. I think it's hyped because of the pretty packaging. While it's not the worst lip product I have ever tried, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by katkatkay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lip balm, i have four of them because i always lose them and they're so cheap that i don't mind. They definitely keep my lips moisturized but not for long so i do have to reapply it often. Overall i do really like this lip balm and i would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by missmetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

best everrrrr

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by candacehenderson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It only moisturizes for a short amount of time, then dries your lips completely. It made my lips even more chapped than they were before I applied the lip balm, then my lips began peeling. I like the packaging and the colours but I wouldn't buy them again/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by QueenOfFreaks

I love how this both colors and moisturizes my lips and is scented too. My favorite is cherry me and love the bright reddish pink color. The only problem is that it runs out too quick

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Tropicll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very fussy with lipbalms and own over 200, so I know my stuff.
These don't moisturise your lips for that long, only for about 30 minutes. They all look cute, good bright packaging and the lid doesn't fall off. They all smell amazing, especially the tinted ones (cherry me, pink punch, eTc). The peach one doesn't give off any colour, just a hint of sparkle but it smells amazing.

I have repurchased some before once I ran out and I love the cherry me's tint, that one if my favourite.

Pros: cute packaging, secure lid, smell amazing, tint good
Cons: don't last that long

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by maramal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been buying these for years, but despite this they're not a "wow" product. Something about them just makes me want to collect them, haha. The colored ones have wonderful fruity scents and provide a good amount of color tint. And they do leave your lips moisturized. I'd say any shade you buy in the main line (not Dr. Rescue or neon) has the same quality as the rest in all areas.
The downside of this is their longevity. The longest I have gotten them to stay fresh without eating or drinking is about four to five hours. They easily get wiped off.
I'd say this is more of a fun lipbalm you'd keep in your purse or pocket for a quick swipe when your lips start to get dry. They do last you a long time with many uses.
4/5