October 31, 2014 | 1615 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by michellepon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really really love this bronzer!!!! I bought 02 Brunette last week cause I wanted to bring out a nice glow on my tanned skin. It's my first time to own a bronzer and have read tonnes of forums about the best bronzers before I finally decided to buy this baby!!!!
I'm happy with it cause this 02 Brunette comes with a 4 nice shades that is perfect specially if blended together, The compact is heavy though but I can tell you there is a purpose. One day I went to a changing room to apply my bronzer. Due to my carelessness my bronzer fell hard on the floor! OMG the worst scenario that will happen specially with an expensive bronzer!!! To my surprise when I picked up the compact, there was not even a single crack with my bronzing powder all was perfetcly fine. Then only i realized maybe that's the reason why they came up with such a heavy compact.
For those searching for a perfect bronzer must definitley try this one, its perfect although a bit exp. but worth it. I use it for contouring and it's just simply the best. Two thumbs up for this product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by linneahurtig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

well, im all about skin. my make up-kit contains tons of face make up. and well, bronzers and blushes are what i treasure the most.
i will confess, im a bronze-oholic! ive got a huge collection of bronzers (benefit hoola, nars laguna, nars casino, christian dior honey matte, urban decay baked, cargo, too Faced chocolate soleil, bare escentuals faux tan...the list goes on )
NONE of the mentioned is in the same category as this baby. this is truly the bronzer of all bronzers.

its so finely milled and it goes on so smoothly.
i got it in both shades, 01 and 02 (i know... its sad) and i use them for different purposes.
the 01 blondes is much more orange-y and is great in summer when you want that natural extra bronze on your already existing tan. i wouldnt use it in the winter months. strangely enough i use the 02 brunettes much more than the 01 even though im a light nc20 in winter i get more use out of the "darker" of the two.
i think the names are a bit misleading as i really think that the 02 brunettes would suite everyone all year depending on how you use it. if applied with a light hand it could be very very sheer.

the smell is beautiful... to me it smells a bit like the dove beauty bar, which i like :)

i cannot recommend this product enough! its pricey but it lasts forever and you will not reach for any other bronzers.

HG!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by oaksumai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive lastlonggggggggg no shimmer texture is what u paid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This must be the most expensive bronzer on the face of the planet, but will definitely last me years. This was 75$ for .35oz of product which is in line with other brands but is definitely luxurious (NARS are .28oz, Dior are .42oz, MAC are .35oz, Bobbi Brown are .28oz). So what justifies 2 or 3 times the price? Firstly, the packaging is very heavy and luxurious, it's really a beautiful and quality compact. Secondly, there are 4 colors in the compact (all the other brands I've tried are one solid color throughout) and is very versatile for different times of the year. In the winter I'm about NW10 and the summer I'm NW20 and 01 Blondes still works for me. The SA at the counter put this on me and it warmed up my face immediately. You can swipe different directions for many different combinations of intensity with 0 shimmer. NO SPARKLES. I use this for contour and it's probably the nicest piece of makeup that I own. Thirdly, Guerlain has been making bronzing products for over 50 years and is renowned for the best bronzers in the industry and this is no exception. You only need a little since it's so pigmented. The case holds shut with a nice magnet. There is a strong floral scent but it doesn't bother me. Perfection in a bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by lovetosparkle

You really get what you pay for with this bronzer. I decided to treat myself one day and purchased this product at $80 in 02-Brunettes. The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous packaging. It comes in a velvet pouch and the compact works on a magnet. The powder itself has a luxurious smell to it. I don't prefer scented beauty products, but the scent of this powder is amazing! I like that there are 4 shades which make it perfect to apply in all seasons - just like the name suggests! The bronzer is matte and not at all orange. I have had this product for a year and a half, have been using it everyday, and have still not hit pan! Would definitely recommend if you are willing to splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by summer028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pro:
- this bronzer has the perfect colour and 02 brunettes works perfectly on my rather pale skin
- it's reasonably pigmented, so you only need a small amount
- the finish is matte, but the consistency is very smooth and it looks perfectly natural
- it has 4 different shades, so you can mix your perfect shade according to your skintone
- the packaging is very luxurious, rather heavy with a mirror inside
- it lasts a very long time. I've used it everyday for 6 months now and not even the logo on top of the powder has vanished.

Con:
- very expensive
- the scent is indeed rather strong (but I like it)

All in all this is my favourite matte bronzer. I like it a lot more than Hoola by benefit..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this product in 01 Blondes. I was thinking of getting this in 02 Brunettes but I didn't bother because this is such a hefty bronzer and I don't think I'm going to hit pan for at least 5 years.

This is an expensive bronzer. But since this is Guerlain I'm not surprised. It's housed in a hefty luxurious packaging w/ a mirror. This has a subtle violet-oriental scent that dissipates quickly. Too bad for the price that it didn't come w/ a brush.

I'm NC 30 for reference, and Blondes is just right for me. I don't use each shade separately, I just swish my brush and I apply this very lightly, as one can overdo if you apply enthusiastically. It's didn't go orange on me, just a nice healthy tanned look. It didn't dry out my skin, nor streak it's just a healthy natural flush.

I guess I understand now why Guerlain Terracotta is the leading bronzing product out in the market.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by summerlovingbumming

Bought this to replace my regular one-color Guerlain bronzer in 01; bought shade blondes. Less of a glow, but perfect color makes me look like I spent the afternoon at the beach instead of in class, and really healthy! Love the packaging and subtle Guerlain violet scent. I only own one bronzer, because once you have a Terracotta, who needs anything else?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first reaction to this bronzer was...."What the hell is this made out of??? Gold??" $74 dollars is expensive for a bronzer....so I luckily waited for 20% off day on all cosmetics (minus Chanel...what's up with that?!). So I bought it...and it's heaven...it feels like heaven. And yes, apparently it does have some gold particles in it. It is MATTE. But a word of caution to those who are interested...beside the price...please be careful about your color selection. There are only two to choose from. If you are tan like me (MAC NC42, BB #5 Honey, Guerlain #23) you can pick up #2 Brunnettes....it does have a bit of orange in it but little enough so we can pull it off. NC35 and up...go with #1 Blondes...The wonderful part about this bronzer ...is the novelty about it. 4 seasons...you have four different shades to play with and you can mix and match according to your needs or wants. Guerlain isn't considered the KING of Bronzers for nothing.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by liteenie

It hurt me a little inside when I purchased this because it cost me $75. I almost returned it too. But after I tried it a few times, I've deemed it worthy of my $75+tax. The packaging is luxurious and it comes in a little brown suede-ish (?) pouch. The smell is quite a strong fragrance but it doesn't bother me at all. The colors are absolutely beautiful. It has a matte finish but if you look at the powder, you'll see tiny tiny gold flecks. This bronzer is pretty versatile. I swirl all 4 colors to contour and I'll use the 2-3 lighter shades for the "sun-kissed glow". I tried using NARS Laguna Bronzer to contour but I felt like I couldn't really get the color to show up on my NC30 skin. With Guerlain's bronzer, however, the dark color shows up very well and I can actually see the contour I made! I don't think the color is muddy at all. FYI, I have this in 02 Brunetttes, I have medium NC30 skin, dark brown hair. I said yes I would buy this product again but only if I lost this or something. This will definitely last me a long time since I don't use bronzer every day.