December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by kierstennakita

I honestly never review but this wand is absolutely amazing. I love the look of beachy waves and thats exactly what you get! I normally wouldn't buy drugstore brand hot tools but after reading a few reviews and realizing the price was only $30, I couldn't resist. I have thick hair that is past my shoulders and when I use my wand, it only takes 10 minutes. It's so quick and easy! Love love love! Will repurchase when mine unfortunately gives out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have Remington's Pearl blow dryer with diffuser and love it. It is a thing of beauty but this thing is AWFUL. It's useless, it's a waste and did not work on my hair. Perhaps my curls were too much for this wand but it didn't even "bend" the hair and I ended up with a horrible burned hair smell. I played around with the controls - ultra high, high, medium, low and still nothing.

I saw reviews on youtube and here so I bought it Friday night and decided to use it Saturday morning. No matter how I wrapped my hair - I ended up with limp, lifeless pieces of hair. I used thick pieces, I used thin piece of hair and still nothing. Just a lot of limp something (I can't even call them curls or waves) - no definition - no anything.

Sorry girls, the only thing I can say good about this item is that it is not hard to use. This is so bad - I'd give it a zero if I could.

I am headed back to Ulta to return it today and look for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by chandler1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this curling iron. My hair is thick, wavy, and nearly impossible to curl, especially with other curling irons. I wasn't sure what to buy when it came to good curling irons, so i did my research on curling wands, and tried this over the Conair You Curl. This gives my hair soft, looser curls, or tight, shiny ringlets, depending on the occasion, and you don't have to slave over a hot curling iron for hours, or have to deal with annoying rollers in your hair. My only complaint is that it's very easy to burn yourself with this (I've burnt my arm pretty badly on it), despite the inclusion of heat protection glove, so be careful. Also, hair does tend to slip down to the end of the barrel, which means tighter curls usually, and I don't have a problem with that, but if you do, it could be a deal breaker. Overall, this is an awesome curling iron, and a great bang for your buck. I've recommended it to my friend as well, and she loved it too and also purchased it after I curled her hair with it. Great, great curling iron

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by tramdaang

I really wanted to like this new type of curling iron, but it was more of a hassle for me than a treasure. After reading the great reviews on various websites, it seemed like a really great tool to have! Unfortunately, it fell short for me. The curling wand is a simple tapered curling iron without the usual clamp traditional curling irons have. It comes with a heat glove that is supposed to aid in curling hair, which i found was more of a pain to use. It is hard to grab sections of hair and prep them for curling with the glove on and got stuck with my hair while wrapping the ends of my hair around the wand. The wand itself heats up very fast and has a variety of heat settings that I really like, but is too slippery to hold hair in place while you're wrapping the rest of your hair around the wand. For me, hair that was already on the wand kept sliding down, making it hard to continue wrapping hair onto the wand. From this, I got a neck and ear burn trying to get the hair to stay in place while wrapping the rest of my hair around. Burns at around 300-400 degrees are not fun at all. I still had hope for this curler, but after my third burn, I gave up. The curls were quite nice, but I felt that my conventional curling iron gave me better curls. While it did cut the time of curling my hair in half or so, its not worth risking all the hazards I faced. Unfortunately, I'll be returning this product as soon as possible. It was also quite hard to put back in the box because of the way it was assembled. Not quite happy dealing with this thing anymore. Had high hopes but not for me anymore.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted long, loose, waves and NOT something that would make tight ringlet curls, and I got this in the 1.5 version at Target for $30.
There is a bit of a learning curve for this. I found the back of my head the hardest to do as you loose depth perception and everything is backwards when you're looking in the mirror. I didn't use the glove but didn't burn myself either.
Right off the bat, it produced really nice bouncy curls that relaxed into full bodied waves, but then they just kept relaxing. In an hour I had nothing. This was with the heat all the way up to 410, and I held it on the wand for about 8 seconds. Tried it again the next day, and got the same result.
Having no clip is nice as hair can't get caught in it, but I did have a couple strands get caught and pulled out at the base where the wand attaches to the handle.
I do wish it wasn't tapered at the end. It is hard to get your hair distributed evenly down the wand, and I feel like if the curls are slightly different diameters, your hair will not "settle" as well and can look frizzy and big.
In all fairness, I didn't use any hairspray, and I have coarse Asian hair that won't curl - ever - for anything. I'm hoping if I find the right tool I'll find something that will work - probably will try Hot Tools next!
I can see this working very well for some people, however, this just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I bought this on sale at Ulta. I have never really been a person who curls her hair because the curling iron and me don't really work well together. I decided to buy this to try it and maybe like to curl my hair. I find this tool easy to use and with the included glove is just the best way I have tried to curl my hair. By curly I mean wavy. I like how this makes your look be more like waves and not 1900s curls. I definitely would recommend it because its a good price and it does its job.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by liv2sing5693

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great curling wand! Because I have curly hair, it is very easy to just grab this wand, turn it on(short heat up time) and put a few curls in my hair. I liked that it had different heat settings for me to choose from because my hair often gets mad at me(yes, mad!) and is very stubborn if the temp. gets too high. So, I put it on a lower setting and the curls will keep without hairspray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this iron at Target for $24.99. Was trying to decide between this and the Conair one, and since the Remington was about $5 cheaper, I picked it. I've only used it once, but I really liked it. I have collarbone length, fine but dense, color-treated hair. With regular irons, it takes me about an hour to curl all of my hair. With this wand it took me 10-15 minutes! It made my hair really shiny and even though I didn't have any hairspray with me, the curl held surprisingly well. My only complaint is that the glove seems pretty useless, as I still felt like I was burning my fingers, even with the glove on. The thin material is not enough to really protect from the high heat of the iron. Seems like it was an afterthought on the company's part, but I can't fault the wand for that, because the wand itself is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkjanicy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros: This wand heats up really fast, very light weight compare to many other irons in this particular "wand" type.

Cons are the glove only provide right hand which isn't always very comvenient , even with lowest setting 5 second holding it creates a very frizzy, dry, hard textured hair.

Overall the wand isn't too hard to adapt to Im sure with more practice it shouldn't be hard to master it. the wand does create the loosely beach waves, or if you held it horizontally it gives u a more retro wave. HOWEVER comparing it to my hot tools which creates very shinny beautiful curl that doesn't really last long. this wand create the pretty curls but with FRIZZ . I use it on the lowest setting since I have Thick, slightly natural curl hair . with any type of tools the lowest setting always held my curl all day without any problem. so with that being said I wasn't very much in concern of the heat, but even with the lowest heat setting my hair look sooo frizzy. I love the curls but I rather my hair look healthy instead of looking so frizzy as if I don't take care of my hair. I guess I will go back to my hot tools for now, at least it give me a more shiny hair thats just more sexy in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've only used a handful of times and I think I'm getting better at it, so if your curls don't look good the first time you use it, practice makes perfect! I have the 1 - 1 1/2 inch version and I wish I had gotten the smaller barrel for tighter curls, since my hair tends to not hold a curl very well and the bigger barrel makes looser curls that look more like waves on my hair after 5 minutes. By the end of the workday, my hair looks barely wavy, but that's more my hair than this curling iron's fault. I have fine hair and crank this up towards the higher temps and start with the under layers of my hair and work my way out to the top layers, holding each section of hair for at least 10 seconds. My hairstylist recommended spraying hair down with hairspray before curling to give the hair something to hold to, but I don't always do this because I find that it sets my hair before I'm able to curl it. The glove protects from the heat but it's not heat resistant so you'll still feel the iron through it and I'm careful not to grasp the barrel even when wearing the glove. This works better than hot rollers I've tried, but I've also noticed I've had tons more split ends after using this twice so I use this once a week at most.