April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Romantic Eye

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is beautiful. I love it because it does have some shimmery shades for a pop, but unlike some of UD's palettes there are beautiful mattes as well. My favorite colors are all the bottom ones; first dance is beautiful to smoke an eye out with...honeymoon looks awesome on your inner upper lid and around your lower lash line, and bouquet toss is just plain beautiful matte color. I actually pull this out to simply use bouquet toss as my brow highlighter most days (when I am not wearing other colors from this palette).

The only complaint I have, which isn't really a complaint, is that the cards don't work for me. For some reason, it always looks kind of stupid when I try to follow them. I do have a lot of experience with makeup, so I have no problem at all blending these into a very nice look. I think the cards are great for people who don't necessarily have a lot of practice, maybe I'm a little picky.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by cottoncandyskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting to buy one of the too faced eye palettes for awhile now. I could never decide which one to get. I have the Naked palette by Urban Decay and didn't want something too similar so I decided to get this one. Now I want all of them! I love all the looks you can create with this palette! the only drawback is that Kiss The Bride isn't as pigmented as the rest, but it still makes a good base. I love the soft looks you can create with this! I can't wait to try the others! The names of the shadows are very cute too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyx88

LOVE this palette!!!! My favorite are the first and second combos, don't care too much for the bottom one. I hate mattes and I love the matte combos. The 2nd combo (sorry I don't remember the names of them) with the purples, the huge matte pink shadow almost scared me off from the palette but that color is awesome! It's almost nude, just a hint of pink. NO fallout, blends beautifully. The lilac shade in the 2nd combo was everything I thought MAC shale would be, beautiful on my blue eyes! I have the Natural eye palette also, that one tons of fallout, shadow swouldn't last even after UDPP, crap quality but this one is completely different. Probably because it isn't mostly shimmery shadows like the natural eye one was. And it's slimmer because it doesn't have the pointless drawer in it. And with the romatic eye palette my husband always compliments my eyeshadow, he has never done that before. Would buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just HAD to have this product when it first came out. It is a lovely palette, and a great value! I love Too Faced shadows -- they are all very creamy and pigmented. The colors are nice, and there are no "glitterbombs" like you find in UD palettes. I find myself reaching for the mattes the most in this palette, especially "I Do", a taupe. My second favorite color is "Cut the Cake", a shimmery lilac. This palette comes with instruction cards, but I don't find them extremely useful. I would not buy this palette again, because I only use half of the eyeshadows. The other half are practically untouched. I gave the packaging quality a "3", because some of my pans are a little wonky. "Soulmates" is pretty much popping out of the palette! If you want to try Too Faced eyeshadows, this palette isn't bad. Some of the colors just aren't for me, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by AddictForever

I love this eyeshadow! I can create so many looks and they are all very pigmented and smooth. It's really good quality and I will be buying it again when I run out. The only downside is that it's expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by twnkldv2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this too faced eye shadow product! Looking at the palette it seems like the colors might be too vibrant to be worn everyday but they are surprisingly light and blendable. I wear the natural colors at the top of the palette almost everyday but I am in love with the moss green shadow. These are beautiful shadows that I would purchase again and again...as long as another too faced palette doesn't come out for me to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Honestly, if you love eye shadows, just BUY THIS!!!! Initially, my eye was drawn to the colour Honeymoon, a gilded green shade, which is exclusive to this palette. So if I wanted this shade, I had to buy the whole palette...I'm sure many of you have experienced this. But this was a great purchase! It is probably one of the prettiest collections of eye shadow colours in a single palette that I've ever come across. It is just plain PRETTY.

This is my third Too Faced palette. I was very pleased with my first two palettes(Natural and Enchanted Glamourland) but was hesitant to buy this since I had pretty close dupes for most of the colours in it except for Honeymoon, which is unique. So, I caved and bought it and I couldn't be happier. Not only is Honeymoon everything I hoped it would be (gorgeous, glowy and pigmented) but the other colours are totally amazing and just different enough from similar shades I have to make them fun to use and experiment with. My two other favourites are "I Do", a cool neutral taupe shade along the lines of Mac's Omega, and First Dance, described as "midnight orchid"; it's a deep, rich, matte purple and unlike anything else I have. The 3 large, light shades are all gorgeous and the whole package is just totally lovely and a "must have" in my opinion, because it is SO pretty and yet so wearable and versatile.
My only complaint is the ridiculously higher price for this product in Canada and the fact that, for the price, the 6 smaller shadows seem pretty small indeed - there should be more product for the price, if you ask me. I am pleased that the box is less bulky than that on earlier palettes, but TF could take a lesson from TheBalm's Balmbini palette or even from UD's Naked palette (a lot more product in a much sleeker package).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by kahillrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a sucker for a girly, pink, flowery, package that has an eyeshadow look I'd kill for. Well, kill may be a slight exaggeration, but you get my drift. I love, love, love this palette. From the adorable packaging to the delicate lettering, the buttery shadow and the marvelous wedding themed names. Too Faced always gets me, even buying it makes me feel like a girl.

I'm still infatuated with the 3 cards that provide you instructions on achieving one of three looks, classic, fashion or day. With color names like, Kiss the Bride, Un-Veil, Honeymoon, Cut the Cake, who can resist. Any woman with a romantic bone in her body will jump on this like a kid in a candy store. It makes me smile just to look at it. I even saw were one girl used the light pink for blush, amazing. Just makes me want to plan a wedding, no not really. Makes me want to kiss my husband, yes really.

Now on to the nuts and bolts. The quality is amazing, think Urban Decay Naked Palette, buttery, velvet, smooth, super blend-able, I'm running out of adjectives..... The color pay-off is stunning, from a light shimmery yellow to deep dark soulful purple, they make me want to practice until I can acheive the look on the front of the box. The palette has a nice mix of neutral colors: Soulmates (shimmering nectar), I Do (smoky taupe), Unveil (smoldering coal), Kiss the Bride (pink petal), Cut the Cake (heathered mist), First Dance (midnight orchid), Bouquet Toss (babys breath), Honeymoon (gilded fern), Ever After (spicy chocolate). For an ultra-feminine look and feel, Too Faced rocks !!!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by DecayingUrbanite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love all the colors in this palette and it is a great deal for $35. All of the colors are very silky, easy to blend, and soft enough to be worn every day. I have blue eyes and the colors look great with them, but I can see them working well with any eye color. I do, in fact, feel very "romantic" when wearing these colors. Definitely would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Kaskine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very cute palette. I really like the green/gold color. I always get great comments on my eyes when I wear the shadows from this palette. I saw that some said its hard to blend the dark colors, I must say I do not agree with this. I havent had any issues with the colors or blending ability. This palette would look really good on brown and green eyes. If you havent figured it out yet, there are three main eye palettes by Too Faced each with a different color eye on the front, just means that that particular palette is designed for that color eye. That's is why in my opinion the naked one by Too Faced doesnt look good on me but looks awesome on others. Its for blue eyes and light skin, and its just too light for my skin and my eyes. Sorry for getting off topic.