Too Faced Romantic Eye

4.2

on 9/23/2011 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this palette! I have very fair skin, it's hard to find a palette with more then three flattering colors. I was a little unsure of Honeymoon and Ever After, as golds tend to look ridiculous on me and browns are usually too bronze-y (making me look sickly not sun-kissed). But I was really surprised when they looked lovely on me. I think that Honeymoon has just enough green in it to keep it more neutral than warm, and Ever After is more of a true brown than most eye shadows. The only thing I didn't like about this palette when I first bought it was the color Kiss the Bride, because honestly, pink eye shadow makes me look like I have pink eye. But I tried it as a blush and it's the perfect shade of pink! The pan is almost the same size as most drugstore blushes, so it will probably last awhile. All in all, I love with this palette. I use it every day, even four months after purchasing it. My only complaint about this product is the price, I think it is over priced for the amount of product out get, the pans are very tiny. With drugstore eye shadows becoming more pigmented and higher quality, it seems a little silly to pay so much money for such a tiny amount of product. All in all, a good investment if you have the money.

on 9/22/2011 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What a beautiful palette! I love how Too Faced combines really good eyeshadow with adorable packaging. This palette is very flattering on someone like me with very fair skin, lovely colors and you can make many pretty looks with this.

on 9/2/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this. This is the perfect selection of colors for green eyes. Maybe that's why they have one on the cover. I have all of the two faced pallets and this one is by far my favorite. If you have anything but extremely fair skin, this should work great for you.

on 8/22/2011 8:13:00 PM

Pros:
+ Most of the shades are pigmented
+ Nice selection of shades that work well together
+ Pretty and feminine packaging.
+ Occasional fallout but careful use prevents fallout

Cons:
+ Not all shades are as pigmented as the rest (eg Honeymoon is extremely pigmented and lovely in texture while others may be chalky and light)
+ This palette wouldn't suit everyone's skin tone
+ 26 = rather overpriced for what it is

For reference I'm sort of between NW20 and NC30 and I felt some of the shades looked washed out on my skin so perhaps this wouldn't suit people of darker complexions. However, some of the shades were very pretty and I liked the combination.

Personally I wouldn't repurchase as this palette didn't suit me and I prefer palettes that have shades more universally appealing to different skin tones as I do others' makeup also and this palette seems more suitable to thos with slightly fairer complexions.

on 8/9/2011 9:34:00 PM

This palette is beautiful. I love it because it does have some shimmery shades for a pop, but unlike some of UD's palettes there are beautiful mattes as well. My favorite colors are all the bottom ones; first dance is beautiful to smoke an eye out with...honeymoon looks awesome on your inner upper lid and around your lower lash line, and bouquet toss is just plain beautiful matte color. I actually pull this out to simply use bouquet toss as my brow highlighter most days (when I am not wearing other colors from this palette).

The only complaint I have, which isn't really a complaint, is that the cards don't work for me. For some reason, it always looks kind of stupid when I try to follow them. I do have a lot of experience with makeup, so I have no problem at all blending these into a very nice look. I think the cards are great for people who don't necessarily have a lot of practice, maybe I'm a little picky.

I've been wanting to buy one of the too faced eye palettes for awhile now. I could never decide which one to get. I have the Naked palette by Urban Decay and didn't want something too similar so I decided to get this one. Now I want all of them! I love all the looks you can create with this palette! the only drawback is that Kiss The Bride isn't as pigmented as the rest, but it still makes a good base. I love the soft looks you can create with this! I can't wait to try the others! The names of the shadows are very cute too!

on 6/29/2011 10:52:00 PM

LOVE this palette!!!! My favorite are the first and second combos, don't care too much for the bottom one. I hate mattes and I love the matte combos. The 2nd combo (sorry I don't remember the names of them) with the purples, the huge matte pink shadow almost scared me off from the palette but that color is awesome! It's almost nude, just a hint of pink. NO fallout, blends beautifully. The lilac shade in the 2nd combo was everything I thought MAC shale would be, beautiful on my blue eyes! I have the Natural eye palette also, that one tons of fallout, shadow swouldn't last even after UDPP, crap quality but this one is completely different. Probably because it isn't mostly shimmery shadows like the natural eye one was. And it's slimmer because it doesn't have the pointless drawer in it. And with the romatic eye palette my husband always compliments my eyeshadow, he has never done that before. Would buy again and again.

I just HAD to have this product when it first came out. It is a lovely palette, and a great value! I love Too Faced shadows -- they are all very creamy and pigmented. The colors are nice, and there are no "glitterbombs" like you find in UD palettes. I find myself reaching for the mattes the most in this palette, especially "I Do", a taupe. My second favorite color is "Cut the Cake", a shimmery lilac. This palette comes with instruction cards, but I don't find them extremely useful. I would not buy this palette again, because I only use half of the eyeshadows. The other half are practically untouched. I gave the packaging quality a "3", because some of my pans are a little wonky. "Soulmates" is pretty much popping out of the palette! If you want to try Too Faced eyeshadows, this palette isn't bad. Some of the colors just aren't for me, though.

I love this eyeshadow! I can create so many looks and they are all very pigmented and smooth. It's really good quality and I will be buying it again when I run out. The only downside is that it's expensive.

on 6/14/2011 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I LOVE this too faced eye shadow product! Looking at the palette it seems like the colors might be too vibrant to be worn everyday but they are surprisingly light and blendable. I wear the natural colors at the top of the palette almost everyday but I am in love with the moss green shadow. These are beautiful shadows that I would purchase again and again...as long as another too faced palette doesn't come out for me to try.