Essie Nice is Nice

4.7

on 3/20/2011 3:32:00 PM

Just bought this nail polish yesterday, and I'm in love with it! For whatever weird reason, I was averse to the lilac color trend for nails for spring, I thought it looked too 90s, or 80s, or something, I don't know... I just didn't like it initially! Clearly I had a moment of temporary insanity, because lilac/lavender nails are GORGEOUS for the spring, or all year round!

I get really nice coverage with 2 coats, don't need a third. It's not too streaky, and it dries really quickly which is fantastic. I haven't tried an Essie nail polish that I didn't like... I change my nail colour weekly, and Essie nail polishes don't really chip even without a top coat. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!

on 3/19/2011 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Essie's Nice is Nice is beautiful! It's the perfect milky, light lilac; super feminine and whimsical. I love it for work because it gives a pop of color while still looking professional. The formula is a little runny, but I prefer it over a tackier consistency. I use 2 to 3 coats. Like all Essie nail polishes, the brush is small, which I also personally like because I paint my nails in short, controlled strokes versus long ones. Overall, awesome nail polish!

on 3/16/2011 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this color, especially for spring. It lost one lippy because it is a little runny and you need three coats. It is a perfect lavender color!

on 3/11/2011 2:33:00 PM

this is my first essie nail polish and i must say, to you i tip my hat, essie.

the brush is so small compared to the one's that you get with an OPI polish and it is much easier to paint your nails with this brush. the design of the bottle is cute, but nothing special for me.

the colour is amazing! it's a beautiful pastel lilac colour that is perfect for spring. after two coats it becomes opaque and it is very forgiving - i find that even if i get some on my cuticle it comes off without making a mess. i got mine for 8$ so it's a great deal. if you are looking for a great pastel for spring, this could be it! (i have nc15 skin, i can't vouch for darker skin tones :P) great colour, it's worth it to at least take a gander. :)

on 1/18/2011 12:52:00 AM

This is a new polish that I picked up (believe it or not) at Walmart! This is part of the new collection, French Affair. This is a light lavender color. I'm not sure how this really compares with lilacism, but when looking at it in the bottle I'd say nice is nice is just a creamy pinky lavendar as opposed to a bluer lavender. The application was pretty good, not too streaky and went on in just a couple of coats. I just applied it so I will update with how it lasts. All in all I would recommend this polish to anyone who loves these lighter purples! :)

Popular Polishes