October 1, 2014 | 1177 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Beach

Just got back from Sephora after returning the two pencils I bought on line. These pencils made my eyes tear terribly. I also felt that the consistency was very hard to blend and both eyes never had the same amount of color. I REALLY wanted to be able to keep these as I was so excited with the concept.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by beckerk7878

I was excited to see these come out in our local Ulta store. I am all about purple ANYTHING and was really looking forward to seeing the payoff from these shadow sticks. I must say that I am very impressed with the staying power and color payoff!! I only bought one (Morphine of course!) and i love it. I tend to have oily skin and was worried that these would not last because of that.....plus I work 10-12 hours shifts at a hospital for nursing and some days are more rigorous than others and it still lasted the entire time!! It is easy to smudge out for a softer look and you can layer it on till the cows come home and it will not crease or smear after it sets. Would def. buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Was so excited for these.. and actually opted to buy a few of these rather than buy the 24/7 liner anniversary set as I already own most of the perm. colors in it and I tend to not wear a ton of colored eyeliner, and I don't find they work very well as eyeshadows, so I was hoping these 24/7 shadow pencils would be a good fit :)

And I absolutely adore them.

I bought 5 shadows: Clinic (a dark teal that leans a little more on the emerald green side.. it is similar to covet e/l but slightly more green), Wasteland (a GORGEOUS olive brown) that is very unique to anything UD currently has released, Morphine (pale lilac purple), Delinquent (deep jewel purple) and Narc (green) similar to mildew.

These are WAY more pigmented than the eyeliners. One stroke gives you FULL color.

I did a test and wore clinic and deliniquent with NO primer and after 14 hrs experienced no fading or creasing. These wear so well, I'm honestly really surprised.

Only downside asides from the names (Delinquent? Narc? Ooooh you're so trendy UD :P) is that you have to work VERY fast with these. You only really have about 15 seconds until they set, so blending can be tricky.

I was also happy with the price on these. 0.10 oz for $20 is a pretty fair price considering the price of the 24/7 liners just went up to $18 for 0.04 oz.

Plan on picking up some more shades shortly, would repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought 2 colors, Sin (pink champagne) & Morphine (lilac w/ a blue pull). I haven't tried Morphine yet but i have tried my Sin pencil so ill leave a review for it & adjust this for Morphine later on.

Sadly, Sin as beautiful as it is creased and was gone from my lids w/ in a few hours. I tried it thick & sheered out, neither worked. I haven't tried it with a primer yet, i was hoping i wouldn't have to. I wish they would bring back the L'Oreal HIP sticks, nothing has equaled their staying power for me. Anywho as of my experience im giving this a 2 because the color is exactly what i wanted...if i could only get it to stay on my lids :(

UPDATE: Ok ive tried the Morphine pencil & i can't even explain how much i love the color! And im going to bump up my rating because after using a primer these stayed on all day. Yay! Still wish i didn't have to use a primer but oh well. Also changed to will buy again because of the beautiful colors

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

I bought Midnight Cowboy, a warm tan-nude shade with silver glitter. I wore this today with no base, layered Midnight Cowboy e/s over top, and had no creasing. These shadow pencils are slightly tacky and make great bases for loose shadows and UD shadow shades that have a lot of "fluff" or glitter to them.

This product is very similar to MAC's shadesticks. They're much shorter and fatter than UD's 24/7 eyeliners, and the weight is 2.8g/0.10oz (the eyeliner version is 1.2g/0.04oz). At $20 each, they're pretty pricey, but a much better value than MAC - almost twice as much product for $3 more (1.5g/0.05oz for $16.50). They require sharpening, like the 24/7 liners.