January 28, 2015 | 1854 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I'm not sure what this powder is supposed to do, but it doesn't do anything for me on my NW20 skin. It doesn't leave a polished look, or shimmer, or anything really. The powder itself is cute with the multicolored pink hearts, but the shiny pink packaging is tacky and bulky. I usually love PF's powder products, but I regret spending my money on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Update: I've changed my repurchase from a 'yes' to a 'no'. As I got to the very bottom of the pan, the little pink heart worked against me as every swipe with my puff would pick up a lot of colour with barely any translucent powder. That's not enough to change my rating of the product itself (which is still excellent, IMO), but I have moved onto what I feel for now is a better powder suited for my needs (Marcelle loose powder in medium translucent).

--------

I love this powder, and it's so close to HG status for me if it weren't for the price! At $20 CAD, this stuff's not cheap! However, I would be willing to repurchase at that price due to its performance.

The compact is cute, but bulky. However, since I use the Ecotools powder puff, the roomy bottom compartment is very handy. The powder itself is truly translucent and is not too hard or too soft. I apply with a puff which can pick up more product than a brush, but the finish is never cakey so it's not a problem. Once applied, the finish is absolutely beautiful. I've searched high and low for a powder that can keep the oilies at bay without an unnaturally matte finish. This is it! There are tiny imperceptible shimmers in the powder that gives me a matte but lively look. I swipe over the little pink heart for cheek applications to add to that effect.

I have oily-combo skin with a ridiculously oily t-zone. Almay's Clear Complexion foundation helps with that, but I do touch up with this powder throughout the day. Its oil control power is as good as any other powders that are geared towards super oily skins. If for some reason I do have a dry patch, the powder does not emphasize it at all.

All in all, the powder is almost perfect if not for its high price! Also, as always more oil control would be great, but I've tried a lot of blotting powders and even though this powder doesn't market itself as one, it performs just as well. Physician's Formula does not test on animals, and for all those reasons I would continue to repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by lilylamp

Not sure what rating to give this product, cause i adore it but i suspect it might be giving me major break outs... ill keep experiementing and ill come back to edit. for now ill give it 3 stars. This looks great on me especially over a light foundation (i have been using physicians formula pressed mineral powder in beige as a foundation) im breaking out though. I am not sure what it is, the foundation or the happy booster.. i started using the pair of these as i thought it might be better on my skin to have minerals and powders as opposed to constantly wearing liquid foundation (i use revlon colourstay normally) i am prone to break outs, and since beginning to experiment with different anti aging moisturisers and treatmnents as I am nearing 30 now, I am in a battle field of break outs and trying to figure out which products are causing them (a nightmare as you can imagine!) I think ive got my mosituriser figured out now, so that leaves me with the suspician that it might be the physicians formula breaking me out... i didnt think a product with such a name would be likely to cause break outs? any one else had this experience? i am going to try cargo wet dry foundation next and see if this improves. i will give you an update as to my findings... its a real shame as i really do like this product alot. it makes me look healthy and actually i probably look a few years younger in it (today someone guessed me as 22).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, I purchased this based on how cute the packaging is - the hot pink and the darling hearts. Talk about marketing! But this product goes beyond just being a pretty package. In translucent, this powder takes away the shine and adds a pearly glow! GORG! Just looking at the compact makes me happy. Sweeping this over my face really does make me smile:) The included brush is half pink and half red and so cute too. I really like that the brush is in a different compartment and comes with a mirror as well. I really do enjoy this product and would purchase again in the future!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by DonaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this instead of powder foundation, over sunscreen & some stick concealer, all summer. Never thought I'd get to the bottom of the big compact, but I used it all up and it was great. The itty-bitty pink heart went first, since I used it as blush. All in all, a good product, not too artificially shiny from all the mica particles (at least on me). I have already repurchased (w/coupon and ds sale).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this because it was bogo at target and i was in need of a happy moment, lol. Usually, when i see the word translucent, i think that it will not impart color....i actually use this as a blush (guess that shows how pale i am) and LOvE it! I have already purchased a backup of this powder, although I looked through the entire display and found the one with the least vibrant little bright pink heart. The brush os horrible, I use an Ecotools blush brush instead. Bulky packaging and pricey when not on sale, but I love the sheer glowy shimmer and the light flushy pink on my skin. One of the rare items I will stock up when I find at cheap price, because it is perfect for everyday look.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this when it was 40% off at CVS and had the $5 coupon....so it was cheap at that moment.
PROS
**Very cute packaging
**Nice smell
**Adds a beautiful glow without a very obvious shimmer
**Get a lot of product

CONS
**Bulky packaging
**Pricey for the product

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this product. Packaging is SUPER cute. I like the consistancy or texture. It doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it, like most other powders do. Smells divine. Super cute heart shapes on the product itself. I love this so much. the ONLY thing I don't like is that I need to apply another powder on my nose because it's oily and the rest of my face is dry... Which I imagine if it did take the shine from my nose, it would also dry out the rest of my face, so I am ok with using 2 different ones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, so pretty, but sadly, made my face itch during the first wearing, so I decided to return it. I'm thinking that the culprit must be either the scent or the shimmer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favourite powder; not only does it smell AMAZING, it works amazingly well (: It really mattifies my skin and gives it a nice glow; it also evens out the skin really well.

The only thing that I don't like about this product is that it isn't that affordable ): Being a high school student, price is a biggy for me, and since this isn't really in my price range, I wouldn't buy again, *unless* it was on sale, or the price lowered( in which case, I would be extremely happy *u* eheheh)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No