Paula's Choice RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone-based skin-conditioning agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Glycerth-26 (emollient), Dimethiconol (silicone-based skin-conditioning agent), Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Linolenic Acid (essential fatty acids/cell-communicating ingredients), Phospholipids (skin-identical ingredient), Carnosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Epigallocatechin Gallate, Genistein (antioxidants), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sphingolipids (skin-identical ingredients), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (skin-conditioning agent), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Acetyl Glucosamine (water-binding agent), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Quercetin (antioxidant), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (non-fragrant plant oil), Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Curcubita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract (antioxidants), Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (opacifying agent), Polysorbate 20 (stabilizer), Hydrogenated Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Cellulose Gum (thickener), Laureth-23 (cleansing agent), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Aminomethyl Propanol (pH adjuster), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Sorbic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 10/3/2012 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this
I've been using 'skin balancing toner' from paula's choice. but
recently I found this one is better and love using this.
mild , well moisturing, no fragrance

on 9/28/2012 5:15:00 AM

I've been using this toner for a few months now. It generally feel quite good. I'm using PC's another toner now. But I feel this one is slightly better. At least it smells pretty pleasant.

on 7/18/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have tried all of PC's toners and with mixed results (Hydralight stung, Skin Balancing was okay, loved Clear Regular Strength). As a toner choice for AM use (& PM too if you have the patience to let it dry before applying your exfoliant treatment), Resist is my first choice. Soothing, full of antioxidants (I prefer just this then sun protection rather than toner, exfoliant, antioxidant serum THEN sunblock - too much for AM) & NEVER breaks me out (I'm on my fifth bottle). Leaves my combination skin surprisingly matte (being that it's a milky consistency toner).

*UPDATE 10 March 2015*
My skin type is now dry & sensitive - I no longer use this product as I find it to be a little dehydrating.

I really love this toner. It has a thicker consistency than water. I find it really soothes my skin and softens it up. I use along with the other products from the resist line I got it in a 20% off sale and id repurchase.

on 5/15/2012 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've been using this product since it came out. Before that I had been using the Skin Recovery toner for a couple of years. The Resist just feels better, more moisturizing. For my regimen, I cleanse with Cerave cleanser using a washcloth, rubbing lightly. After that, while my skin is still damp, I pour some of this toner on a cotton pad and gently wipe all over my face and neck. I believe this will remove makeup and sunscreen at night, and in the morning traces of treatment, bacteria, and sweat, while treating my skin to Vitamins C and E and other good ingredients. When my face is dry I apply Clinique's Super City Block sunscreen (which is also my foundation) in the morning, and either the PC weekly AHA, BHA, or serum, followed by moisturizer at night. I have the usual creases for a 60+ person, but no wrinkles. I tend to get eczema but I have not had problems with this toner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this package approximatelt half a year. This toner is so fantastically moisturizing and comfortable on your skin! I have never really understood what benefits you get from a toner until I tried this one. It feels almost as if you would have applied a very light lotion on your face. This is a keeper!

I love this toner-- as a matter of fact, I love this whole product line. Unlike alot of other toners I have used in the past which are very "alchoholy" this one is kinda creamy. I use in morning and night and I feel like it helps keep the moisture in my skin.

Love it!!

on 4/10/2012 5:33:00 AM

I would never spend this kind of money on a toner. I am a true cheapskate. However, I do not think of this product as a toner, nor do I use it as one. I put a small amount of this product in my palms and spread it onto my face as I would a lotion. The results are visible--less redness, smoother and more hydrated skin. When the results are visible immediately, as they are with this product, I take note.
I can tell the difference in my skin when I have and have not used this product--I have been experimenting over the last three months. Although the outcome is subjective, I can tell you that I will definitely be ordering this again!

on 3/20/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The only toner I have been able to use without a breakout. I absolutely love it!!

on 2/25/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin is combination and, at 62, definitely aging around the eyes, despite using sunscreen religiously since my teens. I've never been a devotee of toners until I tried this one. I could honestly see my skin plump up before my eyes! This toner is a white, milky liquid that I pat on with my fingers after using my RESIST Cleanser. It calms and smooths my skin and seems to magically erase tiny fine lines under my eyes and any slight flakiness around my nose. I can even use it on my eyelids - no stinging. Using it twice a day, a bottle lasts me about three to four months. Love it, definitely my HG toner.