September 23, 2014 | 2010 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Peony Colorburst Lipgloss 008

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by puppetscenario

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Peony is what I wanted Gold Pink by NYX to be. This color is what I think of when I think of for the perfect lip color for a bombshell look. One coat is unimpressive on me (I have fairly pigmented lips), but two coats looks nice. The texture reminds me of NYX lip glosses. Its kinda thin in texture, and not sticky. The glitter/shimmer isn't really gritty, but I can tell its there if I rub my lips together. The gloss isn't overwhelmingly glossy but it has nice shimmer and sheen. This gloss gives my lips a slight pinky glow, and doesn't wind up looking like its sitting on top of my lips in a milky manner that often happens with lighter colors for me. I would buy this again if I ever ran out and felt the need for this color again, but I wouldn't NEED to go buy it the minute or even month it ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mariahlynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this lipgloss. The color is very pretty when applied to my lips, and it isn't sticky. I would recommend this to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Drigsby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the user below, it irks me when people rate the gloss down because the color doesn't work for them.

The revlon colorburst lipgloss line is amazing. I much prefer these glosses to higher end brands such as Buxom, or urban decay, or etc...

They are non sticky, non, oily, beautiful, and last just as long as the more expensive brands. There was no detectable taste that I experienced or smell.

Peony is a color that is extremely similar to NARS orgasm blush in the tube. However, when applied, its a pretty sheer peachy pink with small gold sparkles. The sparkles arn't that noticeable when freshly applied, however when the gloss starts to wear the sparkles can end up on your face. Overall, I would highly recommend... with drug store glosses like this, I will never feel the need to buy high end again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a fantastic every-day gloss. I love the color (peachy pink w/ gold sparkles) and the scent (vanilla-ish.) The package is nice too. There's not much more to say, really, than this is one of my all-time favorite glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by twodaysinfebggd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I second Vesper369 re: "This is a beautiful color, and I actually like it better than the NARS Orgasm gloss that was too pale for me. I also like the texture better, because it's not a "sticky" gloss."

To add, I think this is by far the best pink I've ever purchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I love this color! I picked it up on a whim because I wanted a new shimmery gloss. I would describe peony as a pinky-peach color that leans more on the pink. It has fine gold glitter in it -- pretty! Not frosty or chunky. I have fairly pigmented lips and this gives them the right amount of pop. The gloss smells like vanilla, which I like. The consistency is smooth and not tacky. It feels good on my lips and actually moisturizes them. My only gripe is that it isn't particularly long lasting, but it doesn't claim to be. The packaging is cute, I just wish the applicator was a traditional doe-foot one, and not flattened out. Otherwise, great product! I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ArchAngelAmaris

It really bothers me that people rate product low because they bought the wrong shade, "it is too close to my natural lip color" is not the company's mistake, it is YOURS. As for this lip gloss, it is amazing! I am really impressed with the colorburst lip gloss line and the packaging is beautiful. These are a must have, they are really and truly staple quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by SwirlBaby83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Peony is too close to my natural lip color. I may as well have had on shimmery chapstick. it really didnt show up enough to justify spending 10 bux on a drugstore lip gloss. Otherwise the formula is nice, and the packaging is very pretty. Maybe I'll try another color. I've had my eye on strawberry...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Peony is a really pretty warm pink shade with lots of shimmer. Though it's not as pigmented as some of the other Colorburst glosses, I think it looks really lovely on a nudey pink lip. It adds a nice amount of shine and some glitter to perk the lips up. The real excitement factor in these glosses, for me, is the texture. They're extremely non-sticky and as soon as I tried one on I fell in love with the formula. Though there is glitter in this, it's not gritty in the slightest and feels great on the lips. The downside to this texture is that it doesn't last as long as a stickier gloss, but I'd rather reapply this than wear a super sticky gloss. It's also more kiss-friendly, as my husband hates getting goopy gloss kissed onto him and these don't bother him! The tubes are very chic, somewhat similar to a Chanel Glossimer tube (but about half the price and of course a different formula). The Revlon Colorburst line, both for glosses and lipsticks, really is one of the most stylish looking at the drugstore! I think this is a fabulous product and will definitely be wearing it (and Strawberry, the other shade I picked up) very often, while I eagerly await the release of more here in Australia!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelu

This is the second lip gloss I've tried (yes I'm a noob) and I'm so happy with it! It's a gorgeous Orgasm-ish color and lasts on my lips for at least 4 hours (if I'm super careful when eating/drinking). I wear it on top of nude liner and lipstick because my lips are slightly dark (naturally light plum). and it's so pretty. It's shimmery without being tacky and basically rocks because it's so cheap!