April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Dark Diversion Fluidline

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

My eyes are green, so I love to use products that have a hint of purple in them, and this is perfect. It is sort of a plum-brown and it looks amazing on the eyes! Macroviolet is just SO purple, so I hope they keep this as a permanent color because I believe it goes with more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This is nice, and unique compared to my usual eyeliner preferences; but I bought it because I figured it would bring out the green in my eyes. It is nice, and I am glad that it is darker on me than Macroviolet- even though it is not a close color comparison. MAC describes this as a blackened burgundy, and while I agree, I see more burgundy than black. When I first applied it, I thought "Yikes!!! Another mistake!" But then I gave it a chance, and it actually didn't look too bad after my mascara was applied. I think this fluidline can be a hit or a miss, depending on what you pair it with, and what color skin you have. I think this would not be recommended for someone with very pale, porcelain skin, not unless you are going for an extreme funky look, or you want to look like you have an injury on your eyelids. I am NW20, hazel eyes, med. brown hair, and I think I got lucky that this one actually worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by xxkaykisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

NW20, blue eyes, blonde hair. This is a great substitute for harsh black, because it makes my eyes flash green/blue/grey! It looks gorgeous on, and flashes from black to burgandy in the light. This is my new everyday eyeliner instead of my black stila smudge pot!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I swatched on my hand at MAC in my hand it looked like this gorgeous red burgundy plum liner with tiny glitter flecks. It kind of reminded me of the reddish brown tone that Club e/s looks like, without the green duo chrome. On my eyes it looks like, well, Sketch. Definitely more blackened plum rather than reddish burgundy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It doesn't seem to be as unique looking as it was in the pot or on my hand. I'm glad I bought it, because I don't have anything similar in my collection. I just wish it was a bit more red toned when I'm actually wearing it. I have blue eyes, so I really like how red based eyeshadows and liners look. Today I wore it with Jest on the lid, Haux in the crease, and Foile in the outer-v. Great combination!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by WeinbergJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am obsessed with purple/plum coloured gel liners and have been looking for the perfect one for quite some time. I think I may have found it. Dark Diversion is quite similar to Macroviolet but much better formulation and more opaque. I am not sure why Macroviolet didn't work for me but the texture was off, it was too sheer and grainy. Dark Diversion is a deeper version of Macroviolet minus the shimmer. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been excited to buy MAC's newest fluidline shade, Dark Diversion, since I viewed previews of the Stylishly Yours collection in November. I find fluidline's easier to use than traditional liquid liner and use them almost daily with my MAC 210 brush. Since purchasing, I'm very pleased with this eyeliner. It goes on smoothly, just as smoothly as Blacktrack and Dipdown, and is very pigmented. I found I only needed to go over once or twice with my brush in order to achieve a consistently deep purple shade. This shade brought out the green in my blue-green eyes and paired nicely with MAC's Femme Fi and Blackberry eyeshadows. There is a slight shimmer to this eyeliner, but not over the top and work appropriate. Purples can sometimes make me look tired and bring out any red in my eyes and lids, but I think the brownish undertone of Dark Diversion stops it from doing this. Love this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by boogiepimp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Must-have for fluid line collectors and for the green eyed. I plan on going back for another. If you wear it with the "new hue" Zoom mascara which is of the same color, it provides maximum impact!
***Update - Although this is nice for green eyes, I find it can be just a tad too eggplant/burgundy for the cooler skin toned ...unless you do the trick I'm about to tell you ;) (if you are warm toned with green eyes, you probably won't be bothered by this unless you happen to get red or irritated eyes often).
The red tone in the liner needs a bit of separation between your eye-line and black will do the trick. So get a kohl liner or your Feline and work that in to your upper waterline only, leaving the Dark Diversion intact. This not only makes your lash line look thicker, but separates the two colors leaving a gradient effect of black going into the burgundy that still shows off your green eyes, without having the red tones in the shade work against your eyes by emphasizing the natural pink fleshy part of your eyes and waterline. You may also want to rim your lower waterline with a skin toned shade like the chromagraphic pencil in NC/NW 15-25.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Dark Diversion is a new, Limited Edition Fluidline eyeliner from MAC. It's a dark burgundy with a bit of shimmer to it. Once its dry on your eye it transforms to be a bit more purple with almost a slight metallic finish. Very pretty! I found the colour to be quite opaque and not sheer at all. Overall, I believe this is a must have if you like gel eyeliners.