July 25, 2014 | 1893 users online

Fragrances - Reb'l Fleur by Rihanna

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reb'l Fleur has exceeded my expectations. It's priced right, first of all- $59CDN for 50ml and only ten dollars more for 100ml. The bottle is cute and Rihanna's in the ad so of course, it's gorgeous. The notes of amber, patchouli, berries, coconut, vanilla, violet, tuberose, musk, and hisbiscus all blend to create a perfume in the likes of Hypnotic Poison or Lolita Lempicka. Reb'l fleur is smooth, rich, and sweet with lingering tuberose and musk. It's just floral enough to steer away from the gourmand genre. The most prominent notes are tuberose, coconut, and berries. It lasts a fair amount of time- wafting through hours after I've put it on.
But... Despite being a very pretty scent, it does miss a certain element for me. Perhaps it is another zing of floral or a kick of spice that makes it extraordinary. It is missing, so I'm just left with a pretty scent I don't mind, but do not want to smell like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received the full gift box of Reb'l Fleur for Xmas, and I love it!!! The box came with the full size perfume, scented body lotion, scented shower gel and the purse size roller ball. I LOVE this scent!! I am generally drawn to something very musky, sexy and deep so this was a perfect pick for me, the BF did a good job. The perfume has great longevity and the bottle looks amazing on my dresser. The lotion and gel are nothing but ways to build up the scent. There's no moisturizing properties but they last awhile. Will def. repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I recieved this as a Christmas gift. At first I didn't like it. I thought it was too sharp and spicy for my liking, but as the initial scent wore off, the drydown is lovely and smells quite sweet. Musk is very strong in this and can be easily picked up along with the scent of vanilla. Although this scent contains coconut, it isn't that strong to me. This is one of those scents that stays quite close to the skin for a good couple of hours. If you like spicier vanilla based scents, this is a good option.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

When I heard Rihanna came out with a perfume I just figured it would be another overtly fruity fragrance like all the other celebrity fragrances. I hardly bother to smell them anymore, but one day I was at Ulta and noticed the tester bottle of this. I was shocked when I actually really liked it, well the scent I like but the bottle is tacky in my opinion. I was there looking for a new perfume but I just couldn't bring myself to buy a celebrity perfume. I ended up getting something else. So anyway today I saw this at Fred Meyer for $23 for 1 oz. and thought why not. I considered buying it about a thousand times and it was super cheap. I wore it out tonight and I really like it. To me its not that fruity to but more of a musky floral which is what I go for. I like scents like these for when I want to feel all sex kitten-ish, which is what I call it when I look kinda sweet but add an element of sexy. I usually wear YSL Parisienne when I go for that mood but I'm glad to have something to mix it up. I can't say yet whether I will repurchase but since I got the small 1 oz bottle I think I will go through this fairly quickly. I really hate the bottle though. Not something that ill be proud to place next to my Chanel, Marc Jacobs, etc. More like something I will keep in my purse or car.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not gonna lie, I was originally interested in this perfume just for the bottle, but when I sampled the scent I really liked it. I purchased a 50ml bottle from ebeauty.ca for $59 which seemed reasonable to me. On me the scent is just strong enough and feminine without being too sweet.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this fragrance! Kind of a unique, spicy musk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

All berries smell similar when used in perfumes, but REB'L FLEUR has slightly more distinctive notes, which lean towards tart rather then sweet. Cranberry perhaps? After the berries the plum is the next strongest fruit, but I can't separate any peach in the sweet/sour jumble. The soft coconut and vanilla are present through all of the fragrance, with adds a creamy sweetness and warmth to the mix.

REB'L FLEUR earns many bonus points with me because the tuberose is watered down and the subtle violet sort of powders the note down. As far as I know real hibiscus doesn't really have a discernible scent and as far as I can tell the perfumers have used a mix of florals, including frangipani, in it's place. I catch occasional hints of the other florals used, but nothing else is strong enough to stand out from the other key scent notes. Fragipani is sweet and a bit nutty, so the vanilla and coconut make it stronger.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base of REB'L FLEUR, thanks to the constant trickle of coconut and vanilla. The amber, patchouli and musk are mingled closely together so it is a warm and creamy mix - it is nice, but it is a blend that is used in many fragrances today. Looking at my dresser I can immediately see two different perfumes with the exact same ingredients.

Scent notes: Peach, plum, red berries, tuberose, violet, hibiscus, coconut water, patchuli, musk, amber and vanilla.

I found the idea behind REB'L FLEUR (rebel flower) intriguing; blending together tougher, attention grabbing notes with softly feminine florals. And the tagline 'Bad feels so good' seemed to confirm that this would indeed be a bold fragrance, with noticeable contrasts between the scent notes. I don't think that the finished fragrance lives up to it's image and marketing, but it is 'nice'.

Although I think REB'L FLEUR is nicely blended, very wearable and wears quite well I won't be replacing my almost empty bottle -at least not before checking everything else on offer out first. As you can see it's a short review and that's because whilst is is very pleasant to wear, it's nothing new and it doesn't excite me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't do celebrity perfumes. Not out of fragrance snobbery, but they're just never any good .... this one is no exception. The gorgeous picture of Rihanna and the striking bottle [I love, reminds me of a much bolder version of Deep Red] caught my eye, so for no reason I gave it a sniff. At first, surprise, since it was fruity but I kind of liked it. Kind of. Then I sprayed it on my wrist and --- immediate disgust. It smelled like overly strong fruity fizzy sugar berry madness trying to smell sophisticated, but through it all the VERY strong scent of cough drops came through! Now, an hour later, that part has kind of died down ....along with almost everything else... to leave me with a teeny bopper, 'party girl' scent with no class. I can imagine this as a fun, fruity change of scent for warm summer nights [it's too warm and heavy for day] and while it's an interesting try for Rihanna, it's not worth its beans.

Also, it STRONGLY reminds me of something/s, but I'm not sure which ... a fall/halloween BBW scent? one of the foodie ones? Not sure.

ps, by the time I finished writing this [all of ten minutes], the scent is almost not even discernible on my skin anymore. It would probably last longer on clothing, but be too strong.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by troodos

This seems to have gone straight to the cheaper shops in the UK and is being sold in High street chemists for around 18-20 for 30ml which appears to be far less than the US.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with this, it's just more of the same, yet another fuzzy, fruity floral. It reminds me of a cross between kat von d's saint and Jessica Simpson fancy. Strong, powerful, lasts a long time. I don't really get tons of coconut, more a fuzzy, warm berry scent. I love vanilla musk scents but don't get much of that either, just a one tone, start to finish fuzzy berry.

To be fair these types of perfumes seem to be popular with young people now and I would imagine the main Market for a rihanna perfume is young people. From my point of view as an older person I think it makes a fun change but it will never bewitch me like my favourite guerlains, chanels etc.

Cute bottle with a bit of glitz :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I was a bit tired of wearing my usual scents: CH Carolina Herrera, Thierry mugler angel, Calvin Klein euphoria, Givenchy hot couture, yea I know it was a selfish splurge well not splurge as I was surprised a. I was getting a Rihanna or celebrity fragrance and b. It was pretty cheap considering what I was intending on purchasing. But I'm no fan of celebrity fragrances I don't know why I'd purchase a celebrity perfume when they don't wear it themselves... Anyways I told the SA I wanted warm amber scents and she brought out plenty of samples but for some reason I wasn't attracted to any of them I was initially thinking I was going to get narcisco Rodriguez or play intense but my nose kept bringing me back o rebel fleur ( the SA never told me the brand I was literally just smelling random stuff and only when I went back to rebel fleur for the 4th time did I ask for the name) and man was I surprised but now t the perfume.
Rebel fleur is a tad fruity at first and woodsy at the same time I love the scent it's warm tropical sexy not at all what I expected a celebrity fragrance to be kudos go her perfumers. It's a grown up scent and I get asked what I'm wearing all the time (lol a weird guy followed me into the produce section at whole foods to ask the name) but I'm giving it only 3 stars for the wear time it literally fades after 3 hours or so reminiscent of gucci guilty wonderful scent just wished it lasted longer. It dries down to a musky vanilla sweet scent that lingers ever so slightly. I ordered Lolita Lampicka and am awaiting to test it.