Reb'l Fleur by Rihanna

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Both my sisters have this perfume and everytime my little sister is around me I can tell she is wearing it so, when I saw this perfume for $50 (in Australia) for the 100ml bottle I decided to buy it.
Usually I am extremely attracted to either pure sweet floral frangrances or really fruity fragrances but this perfume is very different. It smells mature, something your 45 year old mother could get away with wearing without smelling like she's wearing well, brittany spears perfume or something. But in saying that, the perfume does have sweet notes. It's quite hard to describe the actual fragrance of this perfume but (fragrance family: fruity chypre, mossy woods) includes notes of red berries, peach, plum, coconut water, hibiscus, tuberose, violet, patchouli, amber, musk and vanilla.
I can definitely smell subtle hints of peach/berries and plum, I myself cant smell any coconut but the mossy woods is a large note in the scent that in my opinion is what makes the scent so mature smelling, but at the same time sweet (hints of vanilla). Its just a down right lovely smelling perfume, I would say more suitable for night wear and special ocassions but if you are like me and are a fan of really strong perfumes, then this perfume should be perfect for you to wear every day. If you are though one of those people who are sickened by perfumes that are so strong you can practically smell the scent of people when you walk past them, then I would give this one a miss. The bottle is a really classy, unique shape that looks amazing sitting on your drawer, but in saying that is a little awkward to hold.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This has got to be one of my favorite scents! <3

I had recently run out of my juicy couture perfume and i was looking for one similar in scent.. (heavy sexy vanilla/musk), it is perfect for any time of year and for any occasion. I get complements on it all the time and the packaging is so edgy and hot , how could you say no !
It last all day and into the night, i love the scent so much i cant describe it.

Hands Down BEST perfume purchase :D

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Reb'l Fleur has exceeded my expectations. It's priced right, first of all- $59CDN for 50ml and only ten dollars more for 100ml. The bottle is cute and Rihanna's in the ad so of course, it's gorgeous. The notes of amber, patchouli, berries, coconut, vanilla, violet, tuberose, musk, and hisbiscus all blend to create a perfume in the likes of Hypnotic Poison or Lolita Lempicka. Reb'l fleur is smooth, rich, and sweet with lingering tuberose and musk. It's just floral enough to steer away from the gourmand genre. The most prominent notes are tuberose, coconut, and berries. It lasts a fair amount of time- wafting through hours after I've put it on.
But... Despite being a very pretty scent, it does miss a certain element for me. Perhaps it is another zing of floral or a kick of spice that makes it extraordinary. It is missing, so I'm just left with a pretty scent I don't mind, but do not want to smell like.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received the full gift box of Reb'l Fleur for Xmas, and I love it!!! The box came with the full size perfume, scented body lotion, scented shower gel and the purse size roller ball. I LOVE this scent!! I am generally drawn to something very musky, sexy and deep so this was a perfect pick for me, the BF did a good job. The perfume has great longevity and the bottle looks amazing on my dresser. The lotion and gel are nothing but ways to build up the scent. There's no moisturizing properties but they last awhile. Will def. repurchase!!

on 12/30/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recieved this as a Christmas gift. At first I didn't like it. I thought it was too sharp and spicy for my liking, but as the initial scent wore off, the drydown is lovely and smells quite sweet. Musk is very strong in this and can be easily picked up along with the scent of vanilla. Although this scent contains coconut, it isn't that strong to me. This is one of those scents that stays quite close to the skin for a good couple of hours. If you like spicier vanilla based scents, this is a good option.

on 12/27/2011 3:51:00 AM

When I heard Rihanna came out with a perfume I just figured it would be another overtly fruity fragrance like all the other celebrity fragrances. I hardly bother to smell them anymore, but one day I was at Ulta and noticed the tester bottle of this. I was shocked when I actually really liked it, well the scent I like but the bottle is tacky in my opinion. I was there looking for a new perfume but I just couldn't bring myself to buy a celebrity perfume. I ended up getting something else. So anyway today I saw this at Fred Meyer for $23 for 1 oz. and thought why not. I considered buying it about a thousand times and it was super cheap. I wore it out tonight and I really like it. To me its not that fruity to but more of a musky floral which is what I go for. I like scents like these for when I want to feel all sex kitten-ish, which is what I call it when I look kinda sweet but add an element of sexy. I usually wear YSL Parisienne when I go for that mood but I'm glad to have something to mix it up. I can't say yet whether I will repurchase but since I got the small 1 oz bottle I think I will go through this fairly quickly. I really hate the bottle though. Not something that ill be proud to place next to my Chanel, Marc Jacobs, etc. More like something I will keep in my purse or car.

on 12/12/2011 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not gonna lie, I was originally interested in this perfume just for the bottle, but when I sampled the scent I really liked it. I purchased a 50ml bottle from ebeauty.ca for $59 which seemed reasonable to me. On me the scent is just strong enough and feminine without being too sweet.

on 11/28/2011 1:44:00 AM

Love this fragrance! Kind of a unique, spicy musk.

on 9/27/2011 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

All berries smell similar when used in perfumes, but REB'L FLEUR has slightly more distinctive notes, which lean towards tart rather then sweet. Cranberry perhaps? After the berries the plum is the next strongest fruit, but I can't separate any peach in the sweet/sour jumble. The soft coconut and vanilla are present through all of the fragrance, with adds a creamy sweetness and warmth to the mix.

REB'L FLEUR earns many bonus points with me because the tuberose is watered down and the subtle violet sort of powders the note down. As far as I know real hibiscus doesn't really have a discernible scent and as far as I can tell the perfumers have used a mix of florals, including frangipani, in it's place. I catch occasional hints of the other florals used, but nothing else is strong enough to stand out from the other key scent notes. Fragipani is sweet and a bit nutty, so the vanilla and coconut make it stronger.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base of REB'L FLEUR, thanks to the constant trickle of coconut and vanilla. The amber, patchouli and musk are mingled closely together so it is a warm and creamy mix - it is nice, but it is a blend that is used in many fragrances today. Looking at my dresser I can immediately see two different perfumes with the exact same ingredients.

Scent notes: Peach, plum, red berries, tuberose, violet, hibiscus, coconut water, patchuli, musk, amber and vanilla.

I found the idea behind REB'L FLEUR (rebel flower) intriguing; blending together tougher, attention grabbing notes with softly feminine florals. And the tagline 'Bad feels so good' seemed to confirm that this would indeed be a bold fragrance, with noticeable contrasts between the scent notes. I don't think that the finished fragrance lives up to it's image and marketing, but it is 'nice'.

Although I think REB'L FLEUR is nicely blended, very wearable and wears quite well I won't be replacing my almost empty bottle -at least not before checking everything else on offer out first. As you can see it's a short review and that's because whilst is is very pleasant to wear, it's nothing new and it doesn't excite me.

on 9/8/2011 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't do celebrity perfumes. Not out of fragrance snobbery, but they're just never any good .... this one is no exception. The gorgeous picture of Rihanna and the striking bottle [I love, reminds me of a much bolder version of Deep Red] caught my eye, so for no reason I gave it a sniff. At first, surprise, since it was fruity but I kind of liked it. Kind of. Then I sprayed it on my wrist and --- immediate disgust. It smelled like overly strong fruity fizzy sugar berry madness trying to smell sophisticated, but through it all the VERY strong scent of cough drops came through! Now, an hour later, that part has kind of died down ....along with almost everything else... to leave me with a teeny bopper, 'party girl' scent with no class. I can imagine this as a fun, fruity change of scent for warm summer nights [it's too warm and heavy for day] and while it's an interesting try for Rihanna, it's not worth its beans.

Also, it STRONGLY reminds me of something/s, but I'm not sure which ... a fall/halloween BBW scent? one of the foodie ones? Not sure.

ps, by the time I finished writing this [all of ten minutes], the scent is almost not even discernible on my skin anymore. It would probably last longer on clothing, but be too strong.

Popular Fragrances