October 1, 2014 | 1744 users online

BB Cream - Lioele - Beyond the Solution BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by serenitative

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

The Lioele Beyond The Solution BB cream is, in a word, okay. It goes on very nicely and feels hydrating to start with. The lasting power is a bit cruddy, however. Now, I know for a BB cream to last more than 4-5 hours is quite impressive. After two, it was starting to crack on me and dry patches were exacerbated. This is really unusual as I moisturise and prime before I put ANYTHING on my skin. At least it has good SPF. Overall, a bit disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by venP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a bit sad seeing a low rating review for my beloved bb cream. This is by far my fav bb cream. I was in need of bb cream that does not have SPF so that it would not give any white cast on my face when taking flash photographs! I have combination oily skin and this bb cream stays all day on my face , I did use a powder to set it and also UD all nighter. But overall, compare to my other bb cream that i own (missha perfect cover bb cream and brtc jasmine bb cream) i would say this is the least dewy and the best at controlling oil which is what i want from a bb cream. I will usually just use one or one and a half depending on my skin need that day. The coverage is very buildable as well. It does not break me out but enhance my skin appearance!!!!

Try this stuff, if u r hesistent, buy the sample pack first like what i did before purchasing the full size! I am going to try the tripe solution one as i heard great things about it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by PuzzledPanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is wonderful, it suits my skin tone perfectly and covers up my acne scarring enough without being too heavy on my face. I'd definitely recommend it for people who want a medium coverage BB cream that isn't too heavy or too light.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Found this to be too drying and too heavy for my skin. It looked caking and unnatural. It just wasn't comfortable at all for me to wear. If you prefer a heavy coverage foundation, then you may like this. I prefer light to medium.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I imagine this would work wonders for dry skintypes, but for my normal-ish skintype it is just too dewy.

I like how it initially applies and looks after I lightly powder, but in about 3-4 hours this stuff is just melting off my face. I've blotted about 5 times so far and I'll probably have to blot a few more times.

I've worn this several times, with and without a primer and I don't see any difference either way.

Color match was OK for NC25 skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: 25/03/2013 -
My first rating of this product was as follows:
Overall Rating - 2
Price - 3
Packaging Quality - 5
Would you buy this product again - No

I tried using this product again and I have to say I have a change of heart. This has become yet another favorite which I opt for for nights out when SPF is not a factor. I just love the way this makes my skin look and feel. I would still prefer a lighter colour (I like to embrace my fair complexion) but I can still get away with using this product. As for the once mentioned greasiness, my skin seems to love it now. I am not sure if this change is due to a change in my skin as winter has progressed or having opened the tube a few months ago only to neglect all season so now when I use it is no longer as fresh. Either way, my skin seems pretty happy. I now understand the initial raves this product once received. Beyond the Solution covers pores quite nicely and evens out redness quite well. I would say this is definitely one of my heavier coverage BBs, lighter than Missha's Perfect Cover but not by much. I quite like that it is not heavily scented and the boyfriend agrees. I hate those moments when he kisses my cheek only to pull back with a disappointed look on his face sighing "ewww, makeup" - which I suppose says something about the natural finish this product gives if he initially is unable to detect it.
I now find myself grabbing for this stuff quite a bit, favoring it over the heavily scented Perfect Cover and Skin79 offerings (which remain favorites but the smell, my god the smell!), and when I want more coverage than my beloved Holika Holkia Aqua Petit Jelly BB can provide. This product is great for photos leaving no detectable white cast, it will last an entire night for me and somehow manages to perfect my skin-tone and overall complexion without looking like I wear makeup. It also has not broken me out after nights when I stupidly go to bed without washing my face (a bad habit, I know). I now kinda love this product but I consider it to be more of a tinted moisturizer/foundation rather than a BB as I still see room for improvement. I wish this was a lighter colour, I wish this had SPF and I wish this had the usual bells and whistles that come with other BBs. My remaining complaints about this product seem to be addressed and remedied in Leoele's second release, Triple the Solution. I will be picking up a tube of Triple the Solution once I use up at least two of my current BBs, I am starting to feel like a bit of a BB hoarder.
---------------------------------------------------

Yikes, this is far far far too orange for my skin. I am not sure what I am in terms of Mac colouring as I have never been matched, but to give you an idea of my skintone, I have a hard time finding drugstore foundations that are light enough however Missha's perfect cover in 21 seems to match me perfectly. Even if I were to cut the stuff with another product, I feel the orange/brown colour would still show on my skin. Lioele's Beyond the Solution seemed a bit heavy and greasy to me, but I have super dry skin so that might be an unfair assessment. I gave it to my mother and it matches her perfectly and evens out her skintone, apart from the places where she has rosasia. Even if this product did match my colouring, I dont think I would repbuy as I am not a fan of the texture, it seems to be lacking a certain amount of slip which I quite enjoy in my Missha BB. I love the packaging of this stuff however, super cute and super hygienic. I guess BB creams are really a matter of personal preference and lucking out with the colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product but has more of a yellow undertone. I usually stick with the grey undertone bb creams because of my light skin, but I am sure this cream would be perfect for those with yellow undertones in their skin. Love the pump!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this. But alas, my NW20 skin is just too fair for this product. It also felt a bit heavy. I prefer Missha in 21 or SKin 79 Gold. I gave it to my mom though and she loves it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by 100_Grand_Bar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this since I saw so many people praising this product. It was so thick, it felt like I was wearing a mask, even though I only applied it sparingly. It sunk into pores too. I am fair and I read it works great for fair skin but not for me. It was way too beige. I have dry skin so I moisturize and exfoliate. For some reason, this showed flakes I didn't even know I had. Horrible! For reference I am nc 20. I am so glad I bought a 3 pack sample for 2 bucks instead of jumping for the whole tube. I highly recommend getting a sample before purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For ease of reference, I have a medium-tan skin, NC35-NC40, I have extremely oily skin, i have moderate acne hyperpigmentations and i live in a tropical climate.

Shade: Out of the tube, this came out to be a fairly light beige color/undertone. Once applied and blended, it was a tad lighter than my skin tone but after oxidation for about 10 minutes later, this looked pretty natural on my skin, and oxidized to match my skin quite well which is rare as most bb creams almost always will be a tad lighter than my skin and i have to use a bronzer on top. This i didnt have to use bronzer. The downside is, at the end of the day around the 6th hour wear, this bb cream continued to oxidize and was horibbly darker than my skin tone. I looked horrible, patchy/blotchy and i looked super dark, muddy and just dirty... at least 2-3 shades darker than my skin tone

Texture: This has a medium consistency, not too runny and not too thick, applies evenly and spreads well and blends in rather easily. It does get cakey if you apply too much, and you will feel like you wear make up with this on. I wouldnt say it felt extremely heavy, just that i prefer airy and lightweight textures. This really is my personal preference.

Coverage: This gives a medium to full coverage, but i'd stop at medium as trying to layer will result in cakiness. The finish is somewhat of a semi-matte finish, but somehow it highlights all the flakiness and any dry spots i have. Not a pretty sight.

Wear: This stayed on pretty decently for me, at least 6 hour wear, considering i have extremely oily skin and i live in a hot and humid weather. This is also NOT sweat and rub resistant, it's kinda disgusting when you wipe off your sweat and when you look at the tissue, its orange in color. I get quite oily with this on, I have to blot numerous times a day, at least 4 times to ensure i dont look like a frying pan coated in oil. In short not so good for oily skinned girls.

Reaction: I have not broken out from using this and honestly i have not experienced any benefits from using this-ie all the claims of wrinkle improvement and hydration etc, unlike my missha m real signature bb cream where i actually notice improvements on my skin-my HG bb.

All in all, a mediocre bb cream, will i recommed? No, i feel there are better bbs out there than this. Try out a sample if you're curious but dont buy the full size just yet until you're truly happy with it. Sadly, this is mediocre for me.