April 20, 2014 | 982 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste in Espiegle

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Spectacular blush! It is a soft peach/coral blush perfect for my NC15/NC20 complexion. Unlike other Chanel JCs this is easy to apply (baked blush is usually not my favourite as it can be hard to get the right amount of product on the brish). It has a slight shimmer (no spakle) that adds a healthy glow to my complexion. The packaging is amazing and classy. Highly recommended if you are warm toned and very pale. Good staying power.
**EDIT: and it happened again. After several weeks of heavy use the product became rock solid and I have literally to scratch it to get any payoff. This is really annoying as the colour is gorgeous. i have now switched to Diorblush in Passion Fruit: great colour and great texture that does not become like a rock (and it is even cheaper than Chanel!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by MsCatty333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Jous Contraste blushes are such objects of beauty but this particular blush is simply amazing!

I own a couple of Chanel's blushes but this one is certainly my favourite, For your reference, I am an oilve skinned B40 in Matt Lumiere and Vitalumiere Aqua Chinese girl and this gorgeous peach blush sits beautifully on my non-existent cheek bones.

The beauty about this blush is that you can be very heavy handed with the product which I quite like as you don't get the much dreaded clown effect.

Also, I've discovered after many blush purchase later, that an olive toned gal like me suits peach/coral blushes better and this is definitely my HG blush :) Perfect for everyday wear!

A must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by cindygenit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Glowy & peachy, this is a must have for all warm toned ladies who have light-medium skintone. I was surprised that it showed up on me at all but it did and i'm so pleased with it!!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This was my first Chanel purchase and I took a leap of faith because I bought this sight unseen.

I've come to the conclusion that I just can't wear pink or tawny blushes because they just end up looking muddy on me. I have redness on my cheeks that is excentuated when I wear pink blush, so i've been leaning towards more natural/glowy blushes. This one is exactly that! It gives you that 'something' that enhances your face but doesn't overpower it.

The only reason I'm giving this a 4 instead of a 5 is because the blush is highly fragranced, which I find weird. To add to that, its rose scented, which is one of my least favorite smells of all time. You can smell roses for a bit after you put this on, but the scent does eventually fade away. Although its fragranced, it hasn't irritated my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As perfect and gorgeous as everyone else has mentioned. It truly seems like a universally flattering color for any skin tone. I have tons of blushes, a good majority of them Chanel, and this has easily become one of my most reached for shades. I'm very pale and I love how subtle and glowing this is on me. It's the peachy-pink color I had always hoped Nars Orgasm would be.

This has a brightening effect and is so natural looking. Very lit-from-within. Looks beautiful when paired with a warm, delicate highlighter.

Even though Chanel blushes are slightly perfumed, I never have a problem with irritation or breakouts. My skin is very sensitive and these always work well on me. So finely milled and silky so it goes on evenly and smoothly. Superior quality in every way. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

The best ever peachy color for my NC10-15 skintone. It looks super natural and cute in picture and in person. I will say the lasting power is just second to Nars, but a lot more natural then Nars. I don't like it is baked because it is so hard to pick up the color since most of my makeup brushes are natural bristles. I think they will need some stiffer makeup brush to use with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by chichi82582

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this blush, both in terms of formula and color. The shade is a soft baby peach with a hint of pink that does wonders for my extremely fair, cool-toned complexion. It is versatile enough to be paired with virtually every eye and lip look imaginable. I personally have paired espiegle with a smoky eye, a nude/neutral eye, a plum eye, and a bronze eye. I have also paired it with rose-toned lippies, nude lippies, coral lippies, pink lippies . . . you get the idea. This blush has a very subtle shimmer throughout that simply illuminates the skin without ever actually appearing obviously shimmery. I am typically not a fan of shimmery blushes–I find them to be unnatural and unflattering on me. Espiegle is, however, the rare exception, as while it does have some shimmer, it is extremely refined and delicate, thereby allowing the blush to blend seamlessly into the skin without accentuating pores, etc. I also love how evenly espiegle applies–even though it is a lighter shade, the powder is so finely-milled and pigmented that you get fantastic color payoff from a single swipe of your brush. The staying power is also excellent–this lasts for a minimum of six to eight hours without any cream blush base, and lasts practically forever (or at least until you wash it off) if it is layer over a good cream or gel blush. As for the scent, I personally love roses and I find the subtle rose fragrance of most Chanel cosmetics to be lovely. I have never experienced any irritation from the fragrance contained in joues contraste blushes, despite having extremely sensitive skin. I can, however, imagine that some people might have an issue with the idea of using fragranced blush, especially if they are not keen on rose scents. I will absolutely repurchase this, as it is an HG product for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So happy with this blush! When I ran out of Reflex, I never found anything to replace it until now. This is even better! I feared it would be glittery, but it's not at all. Perfect, lovely, glowing peach.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

aaah. Chanel. Love. They nailed it yet again. This is one of the most beautiful blushes I have used. I have many other JCs and this immediately became my absolute favourite.

For reference, I am NC30 and have light-medium golden tones. I though this wouldn't show up at all and the colour payoff would be poor but quite to the contrary, it is much more pigmented than I expected from JC, applies like butter and stays during the day. It looks like a flat light pink in the pan but it has a very fine gold sheen which looks very natural and gorgeous three-dimensional finish. Some days I apply it over Vitalumiere Aqua straightaway, some days over VLA plus Suqqu translucent glow powder, some days over VLA plus bronzer. It looks perfect with either, never cakes up, moves or oxidizes.

I have read some people complaining about the smell, but I've always loved the rose scent of JCs and actually it suits this rosy pink colour beautifully.

The packaging is classic Chanel. Recently they replaced the little black brushes with another and the new one somehow works with Espiegle. I normally use it with my Bobbi Brown blush brush, but I prefer to use the little brush when I'm applying it over bronzer as it picks up more colour.

I guess it looks perfect on paler women but it looks amazingly good on medium gold or olive complexions, too.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by dulcedeleche

I am absolutely in love with this blush. I had bought it back when the Spring collection first came out and as soon as I saw it I KNEW it was made for me. I have extremely pale skin (NC 4 or 5) and was also very reluctant to wear it in the colder months but it gives my skin the glow and freshness it needs so I think anyone with very light skin could also wear it throughout the year. The texture is very silky so it can be blended easily and the gold glitter isn't very noticeable on the skin. It has the signature Chanel floral scent but it isn't very strong in my opinion. It is pricey but that's what you get for paying for designer makeup; on the bright it does give you a little more product than the average blush. Also the package does kind of feel light and a bit cheap but it's also black and sleek and comes in a velvet pouch. I definitely recommend this blush and I'm glad it's now in the permanent line!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No