December 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Mascara - Laura Mercier - Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara! The only negative thing I can say is that it can make you lashes feel very dry after about 8 hours. I love the brush- It starts out large and tapers out toward the end to a smaller size. Overall I love the results I get, It holds curl, and has mega volume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara...I prefer thickening mascaras over lengthening...and for reference I also LOVE Maybelline's Full and Soft and the japanese one called Fairydrops. I got the Laura Mercier's mascara in sample form and was surprised at how much I love it. Not so much for what it does for my actual lashes themselves but the whole look it gives to my eyes. It is very black and it just defines my eyes in a way no other mascara has....it looks sophisticated and nice but it doesn't look like you tried if that makes sense. I went out and bought the full size version yesterday....hate paying so much for a mascara but I will rotate it with a d/s mascara for 'down' times. I also noticed that this mascara stays black all day....doesn't fade.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Thump88

I agree that this is a great mascara. Great volume, soft feeling. Doesn't flake or smudge yet. Got this as a point freebie at Sephora and will likely buy full size when the tester is gone

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by alittle722

Although expensive, this mascara was really great. It wore extremely well throughout the day and felt soft on my lashes. It is very buildable so I was able to achieve great volume and it does provide some length. It also holds a curl well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is really kind of boring. Doesn't really do much, but its not the worst mascara I've ever tried...
Also... I don't know if its just me, but my mascara was really wet and took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to dry and wound up all over my face.... Not worth the $$

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wasn't expecring to be this in love with a mascara, but I am. This mascara truly gave me the bext mix of length plus volume. It really accentuated my eyes. It exceeded my expectations and I don't know if I can resist buying another tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Holy smokes! I got this as a 100 point perk at Sephora and wowww this stuff is awesome. I have used every mascara known to man. I have pretty long eye lashes, but ever sense my early experiementation with mascaras, liners, makeup removers, etc. a good amount of my lashes have fallen out. Most mascaras promise so much volume but all i ever get is clump or the dreaded spider lashes. Laura Mercier's Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara does neither. The brush is longer than most, and made up of bristles (which I love! so sick of all mascaras moving over to plastic wand applicators). The formula is light and gel-based. In one swoop all my lashes were coated and gorgeous. No sitting there applying coat after coat, but this stuff is buildable if you feel the need. I plan on using this as a day mascara, because I usually do a neutral look and play up my eyes, but this would work amazingly for a night look too. I would say this definitely gives a more dramatic look. The price is a up there, but I have paid much more for Lancome, Dior, YSL etc. Give this a try. If anything go get a sample at your local Sephora if you don't want to invest in the $24. All in all this might end up being my HG mascara. Crossing my fingers...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by julieissofine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this mascara. It's brush is really full and long, it seperates my lashes beautifully, I can build it up without it looking clumpy or spidery. I love that I can reach even the tiniest lashes on my inner corners and that I can layer up to 3 coats of this and get awesome volume without the clumpiness. It also holds my curl really well. Yes, it is pricey but I rather spend a little more for something that works for me than buying 5 drugstore mascaras that don't.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

This is a decent mascara, but for the price, it is nothing special. It does a pretty good job thickening and a fair job lengthening....if you don't end up with clumps. The old school brushy brush does not do a good job with combing and defining the lashes. Also, it is so long and straight that I have a hard time getting in the corners of my eyes. If this was in the $10 to $12 range or less, I'd say its pretty good, but this is $24. Please. Don't waste your money. Dozens of drugstore mascaras are as good or better. I don't have an aversion to spending $24 on mascara, but I won't do it when the actual product is drugstore quality, like this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No