November 28, 2014 | 1470 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!! It has 100% changed my skin. I sound like a advertisement person I bet but seriously, this little battery operated device has changed my skin.

I went from someone with pimple prone skin ( have a few here and there) to someone with soft smooth complexion. I use it twice or three times a day ( I shower a lot) and it makes my skin feel amazing. Cleans the pores a thousand times better than hands. I clean my brush with alcohol after every use. I fill a container with rubbing alcohol and it soaks in there until the next use to assure no bacteria transfer! To me that is the most important part of owning this product. Do not buy it if you are lazy and do not wish to clean it properly! My way is extreme but my brush head is clean as a whistle and I know every time I use it, there is nothing on it. To use it, I put some face cleanser on my face and brush and use the brush all over my face, neck etc.... I use something smell free and gentle.

I loved it so much I bought a clairisonic mia 2 which I have yet to use much other than for 1 min ( since it has to charge a whole damn day). So far, I still love my pro x far more , its a inexpensive product that to me is worth a whole lot more. I am curious to see if the mia 2 can work up a storm like the pro x did/does.

LOVE THIS PRO X product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Maceydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this product tonight and after reading 7 pages of amazing reviews for acne prone skin, I couldn't be more excited to try this and give my review within the next few weeks!! Thank you MUA for positively pushing me to buy this product before spending $200 on a Clairsonic

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by beaston92

I have been using this product for about two weeks, and I have to say I really like it. I have been trying to find a way to improve my blackheads and blemishes on my nose and chin and until this product, had no results. I bought the brush at the target store that I work at for 29.99 Canadian. I did not use the cleanser that came in the box because I have been using Vichy Normaderm products for about a year and I really like them. I use it in the morning with my Vichy deep purifying cleansing gel, then the astringent toner, salicylic gel lotion, then total mat gel as a makeup primer. Then at night I use Vichy purete thermal micellar solution to remove my makeup, then the brush with Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 cleanser scrub mask, astringent toner, night cream, then spot treatment if necessary. The results have been spectacular. The blackheads on my nose are almost non existent and I love the fact that rather than the other more affordable brushes (ex: nutragena wave) you are able to use your own cleanser with it rather than the brush emitting its own product. My skin tone appears more even and I have had barely any breakouts even through my monthly cycle. Also I have more of a healthy glow to my face and working early mornings, I don't have to put makeup on which is a big time saver. I highly recommend this cleansing brush. It's fabulous and you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Loving this. I'm sensitive very acne prone and combo. Was worried this would irritate me but it did not , I only use at night with cleanser to remove makeup and my skin looks and feels super clean and prepped for treatments after. I tried the clarisonic and even with their sensitive head found it to be a bit rough, this product is a third of the cost and works better for my sensitive skin.
FYI: dermatologist reccomended to use a light hand in circular motions to prevent pre mature sagging and wrinkling, so go easy with this tool.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a couple months now, and I like it. I bought it as a much cheaper alternative to a clarisonic. It's not meant really for microdermabrasion. It's not super rough on skin. It had two speeds. I like to use the slower speed for daily cleansing. I use it twice a day. It does leave my skin feeling cleaner, and I have noticed an improvement in my skin. I will continue to use this tool.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by MysteryReviewer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the reviews and thought it would be a good alternative to the more expensive brand.
Product: Like what other reviews said - the battery compartment is very hard to open. Otherwise, the product is easy to handle - except that the brush fell out on one occasion while I was using it.
Effect: I have used it every night for 3 nights so far. I have tried putting the cleanser directly on the brush but at the end of the cleansing session, the cleanser just sat in the root of the brush. I tried putting the cleanser on my face and it seems to work ok. It didn't feel rough on my skin which is good. However, I am disappointed that it does not really "deep" clean or unclog my pores. I don't find that it helps with putting on moisturisers either and I found patches on my skin (like the skin is peeling) after applying liquid foundation - not a good look.
Overall: I will keep it for everyday cleansing but will not hope for any magical improvement to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by amalinaramli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love love this! I can feel that my complexion has improved. My skin feels so clean after using it. It can make the skin a bit dry but it's fine with me as I have oily skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush can be a great addition to anyone's cleansing routine. I use this twice a week, as it is exfoliating and I don't want to over-do it. Since using this, my skin feels noticeably softer even on days when I don't use it. I haven't used the cleanser that came with it (I'm picky about face cleansers and am a little hesitant to stray away from my normal routine). I use this with my Cetaphil gentle cleanser. This brush has really helped the overall look and feel of my skin. The price is great too. I got it from Amazon for around $20-25. Not bad when considering how much other cleansing brushes on the market go for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I researched this for a few months before taking the plunge because I really wanted the Clarisonic, but the price is a put-off. I have rosacea and dry skin. I was worried about harsh bristles and heard this was very soft, softer than the Clarisonic.

The head is detachable and can be replaced very easily and is very affordable. The replacement heads are about $10 for a pack of 2. MUCH more affordable than the Clarisonic. I have had this for awhile now and have been using it every other day with great results. It is super soft and gentle but does exfoliate my face and neck. It's soft enough to use around the eyes as well. It has gotten deep down into my pores and I noticed a purging for awhile and my skin looks much smoother. Black heads are literally coming forth whenever I use it.

I am so happy I got this instead and would buy this a million times over. The battery compartment is a pain to open but I seriously don't care for the price of this and what it has done for me. My rosacea has not flared in the time I have used this. I purchased this off Amazon for $17.99. It comes with the cleanser, which is nice, but I don't think its anything special. Before this I used a manual brush every other day which worked great, but this does that extra something for my skin.

I use this in the shower (it's waterproof) with my Clean n Clear cream cleanser and move in circles in all the areas of my face for about 60 seconds like I have seen people do with the Clarisonic. I use witch hazel after and then my rosehip seed oil and moisturizer. My skin is glowing and very soft.

I hope this helps if anyone is looking to buy this over the Clarisonic. I wish I could buy it but it's just out of my price range and I believe this does a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by audreyjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product 4 days ago. The difference in my skin in 4 days is more like the difference one might hope to achieve in 4 months. I honestly can't say enough good things about this little gadget - it is fabulous.

I am 23 with combination, acne-prone skin with some sun damage (a couple of sun spots, freckles). 4 days ago, I had a massive breakout on my chin/upper lip area, and decided to search this product out at Wal-Mart for $30. The packaging was minimal; it included no instructions but did include 2 double-A batteries required for operation, as well as a small tube of exfoliating cleanser. I have read many reviews where the user thought the cleanser "smelled funny" or "didn't work up a good lather" (btw: intense lather is not necessary for effective cleansing and might dry out your skin). I used the cleanser that came with the brush, and I am pleased with the results.

My acne breakout was gone within 2 days. I don't know about you guys, but I'm normally looking at AT LEAST a week to get rid of a major breakout. My blotchy, discolored skin is a much more even tone and my pores are perfect. I still have a few, tiny red marks from the pimples, but they are diminishing and my sun spots are significantly lighter. My skin looks like I applied a really good primer, but it's JUST my skin!

I rinse the brush after each use with rubbing alcohol to disinfect. The brush has a low and high setting; I use the high with the Olay cleanser, followed by Neutrogena toner applied with a cotton ball, followed by Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer. My only complaint with this product is that it would be nice if the head were detachable, and there were additional brush heads to purchase for different uses. However, I'm pretty happy with the one it comes with, and if you've tried an array of products to get perfect skin, I HIGHLY recommend you try this next!