October 22, 2014 | 1702 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a couple months now, and I like it. I bought it as a much cheaper alternative to a clarisonic. It's not meant really for microdermabrasion. It's not super rough on skin. It had two speeds. I like to use the slower speed for daily cleansing. I use it twice a day. It does leave my skin feeling cleaner, and I have noticed an improvement in my skin. I will continue to use this tool.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by MysteryReviewer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the reviews and thought it would be a good alternative to the more expensive brand.
Product: Like what other reviews said - the battery compartment is very hard to open. Otherwise, the product is easy to handle - except that the brush fell out on one occasion while I was using it.
Effect: I have used it every night for 3 nights so far. I have tried putting the cleanser directly on the brush but at the end of the cleansing session, the cleanser just sat in the root of the brush. I tried putting the cleanser on my face and it seems to work ok. It didn't feel rough on my skin which is good. However, I am disappointed that it does not really "deep" clean or unclog my pores. I don't find that it helps with putting on moisturisers either and I found patches on my skin (like the skin is peeling) after applying liquid foundation - not a good look.
Overall: I will keep it for everyday cleansing but will not hope for any magical improvement to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by amalinaramli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love love this! I can feel that my complexion has improved. My skin feels so clean after using it. It can make the skin a bit dry but it's fine with me as I have oily skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush can be a great addition to anyone's cleansing routine. I use this twice a week, as it is exfoliating and I don't want to over-do it. Since using this, my skin feels noticeably softer even on days when I don't use it. I haven't used the cleanser that came with it (I'm picky about face cleansers and am a little hesitant to stray away from my normal routine). I use this with my Cetaphil gentle cleanser. This brush has really helped the overall look and feel of my skin. The price is great too. I got it from Amazon for around $20-25. Not bad when considering how much other cleansing brushes on the market go for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I researched this for a few months before taking the plunge because I really wanted the Clarisonic, but the price is a put-off. I have rosacea and dry skin. I was worried about harsh bristles and heard this was very soft, softer than the Clarisonic.

The head is detachable and can be replaced very easily and is very affordable. The replacement heads are about $10 for a pack of 2. MUCH more affordable than the Clarisonic. I have had this for awhile now and have been using it every other day with great results. It is super soft and gentle but does exfoliate my face and neck. It's soft enough to use around the eyes as well. It has gotten deep down into my pores and I noticed a purging for awhile and my skin looks much smoother. Black heads are literally coming forth whenever I use it.

I am so happy I got this instead and would buy this a million times over. The battery compartment is a pain to open but I seriously don't care for the price of this and what it has done for me. My rosacea has not flared in the time I have used this. I purchased this off Amazon for $17.99. It comes with the cleanser, which is nice, but I don't think its anything special. Before this I used a manual brush every other day which worked great, but this does that extra something for my skin.

I use this in the shower (it's waterproof) with my Clean n Clear cream cleanser and move in circles in all the areas of my face for about 60 seconds like I have seen people do with the Clarisonic. I use witch hazel after and then my rosehip seed oil and moisturizer. My skin is glowing and very soft.

I hope this helps if anyone is looking to buy this over the Clarisonic. I wish I could buy it but it's just out of my price range and I believe this does a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by audreyjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product 4 days ago. The difference in my skin in 4 days is more like the difference one might hope to achieve in 4 months. I honestly can't say enough good things about this little gadget - it is fabulous.

I am 23 with combination, acne-prone skin with some sun damage (a couple of sun spots, freckles). 4 days ago, I had a massive breakout on my chin/upper lip area, and decided to search this product out at Wal-Mart for $30. The packaging was minimal; it included no instructions but did include 2 double-A batteries required for operation, as well as a small tube of exfoliating cleanser. I have read many reviews where the user thought the cleanser "smelled funny" or "didn't work up a good lather" (btw: intense lather is not necessary for effective cleansing and might dry out your skin). I used the cleanser that came with the brush, and I am pleased with the results.

My acne breakout was gone within 2 days. I don't know about you guys, but I'm normally looking at AT LEAST a week to get rid of a major breakout. My blotchy, discolored skin is a much more even tone and my pores are perfect. I still have a few, tiny red marks from the pimples, but they are diminishing and my sun spots are significantly lighter. My skin looks like I applied a really good primer, but it's JUST my skin!

I rinse the brush after each use with rubbing alcohol to disinfect. The brush has a low and high setting; I use the high with the Olay cleanser, followed by Neutrogena toner applied with a cotton ball, followed by Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer. My only complaint with this product is that it would be nice if the head were detachable, and there were additional brush heads to purchase for different uses. However, I'm pretty happy with the one it comes with, and if you've tried an array of products to get perfect skin, I HIGHLY recommend you try this next!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

Bought this instead of a Clairisonic and did not expect it to perform at the same level, but it has been a good little tool. I do not use the cleanser that came with it as it has a fine granular texture and I find the bristles do some exfoliation as is. The bristles are not as soft as my manual Shiseido brush and the combination of the cleaner and the bristles can leave the skin a bit sensitive. I do use a toner after so perhaps that is part of the sensitivity issue.
Overall it is not a bad tool, and the first week of use I definitely noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin.
It does the job well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This tool has been an absolute god send when it comes to improving my complexion. I'm acne prone, but this brush has kept breakouts at bay and exfoliates so well--my skin looks smooth and feels so soft after I use it. I like that its versatile in that you don't have to use the cleanser it came with (not a fan of that cleanser as I couldn't get a lather going). The bristles are not harsh, but they are also not so flimsy that they don't get rid of dead skin, either.
Price wise, this is so much better than Clairsonic (which is over $100 in the states!), and the replacement brush heads are affordable as well. It can be difficult to open the battery container, though. Love that its water resistant--I keep mine in the shower and haven't had any problems with its performance.
Since it exfoliates and cleanses, I feel like my skin is more prepped for other face products (like moisturizer) and that helps the effectiveness of the other products I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ohper1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i usually cant be bothered to write much, but i enjoy this product so much that I have to give it two thumbs up! it really cleanses well and my skin is so smooth now.

even my spouse wants one for himself. love it! :)

only gripe- should have more detailed instructions on how to open the gadget to fit the batteries.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by roxyvm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great cleanser! Leaves skin incredibly smooth and removes all dirt without leaving skin dry or oily. Its just perfect. I have very dry or very oily skin depending on the season. I use it 2x/week and its awsome!