August 22, 2014 | 1817 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Daficaricuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the many negative reviews I read about this product, I decided to give it a chance and I bought it. Obviously, it is quite expensive, but I said "I'll give it a try", so I decided to buy the green one, for damaged hair, for I have many split ends and stuff.
First time I used it I didn't quite like the consistency, I thought it was too oily for me, but then I tried it, and well it absorbs on the hair fiber very quickly and leaves your hair super soft and super shiny, it is so much easier to detangle and you do not have to re-apply during the day.
Tough, the smell isn't great. Actually, it's close to nothing, except from the silicone smell, which I didn't like at all, but well I think that the product's results are worth it, despite the smell.
The package is not awesome. It is pure plastic (which works perfect for me, I am a little bit clumsy) and the pump sometimes fells down and you have to set it on place again. After that, I decided to keep it safe on it's box.
Now, about the results, I really liked the product, I am totally purchasing it again, it leaves hair soft and shiny, it doesn't weight hair down and you only need one pump of the product, you can apply when hair's damp or dry, results are basically the same. When you apply, you start feeling the results instantly.
After more a month and a half using the product, I can tell I see some changes. It hasn't healed my split ends (No product can do that, only a haircut is an available solution) but it hasn't appeared more damage than the one I used to have, but I do feel my ends softer and less dry than they used to be before. I would totally recommend the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I don't find it very moistorizing or anything. I'll not buy it again..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this elixir oil, I use the one for damaged hair (the green one) and it pretty much does what it claim's, strengthens and protects it from damage/frizz. if your blonde i would definitely urge to go for the green elixir ultime. ohhh and the smell is lovely, definitely a HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This was one of the few oils that did not make my oily hair roots worse.
It left my hair super shiny and soft- honestly the shine could'a hurt peoples eyes if the light reflected off it. ( we don't get much sun in ireland so we are light sensitive)
A little goes a long long way.

It is scented so if you don't want competition to your perfume silage - watch out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by liekieta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I have very thick, very long (untreated) hair. It's generally healthy, but a drop of this in my towel dry hair adds so much shine and softness. I absolutely love the rich smell of it. Of course you do need to treat your hair right in all the other ways (suitable shampoo, good brushing) but when I add this I feel like I have luxurious hair. I always see the difference in pictures as well. I must add it doesn't reduce all frizziness, I use a separate product for that when needed.
There are two things about this product I dislike: the price and the fact that I can't control how much product I get out of the bottle. Yes, the large drop you get is precisely enough for my whole hair. But sometimes I just want a tiny bit to apply to my ends, but reminding myself of the price stops me from using this every single day. Also I would like to add that I really do prefer this over biosilk, which I also liked very much (used up a whole bottle).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was supper excited to try this product because of all the amazing reviews everywhere online! I was very disappointed, however, when this $60.00 serum left my hair greasy and not in the best condition. I read this could be used as an overnight repair serum, hot oil treatment and blow dry oil. My hair is really not greasy but it can get weighed down and greasy with the wrong products. I gave it 3 lippies because the scent of it is beautiful and one of my friends used it and really liked it. We have totally different hair. He has African American natural wavy hair and found it to be amazing. It is just too much for my long, fragile, Italian locks. Just weighs my roots down and makes it look like I rubbed oil in my hair. I do not recommend at all for those that may have oily scalp or thin hair. My hair is not thin, but its fragile from being dyed. I would recommend for those with naturally frizzy, curly, wavy or hard to moisturize hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

This is a good shine product and in spite of the fact that it's expensive, if you only use one pump per day on damp hair, it will last for months. The reason I'm not planning on buying it again, however; is that my hair is dry due to the highlights I'm having put in every six weeks or so, and I have found Bumble and Bumble's Invisible Oil to be better for dry and porous hair...and also cheaper. In general, I have not found the Kerastase products to be worth the high price tag even though my stylist adores them.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got the limited edition version, which is just a different packaging. It smells great and makes my hair shiny without making it greasy. One of my favorite finish products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by fikins123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore Kerestase hair serums, I have used the Oleo Relax serum for over 8 years, I bought a bottle of this to replace my empty oleo relax and it lives up to the kerestase quality, this is a lovely hair serum smells fresh and leaves hair beautifully silky it is lighter than oleo relax and this has now replaced my all time favourite. It is on the expensive side but definitely worth the splurge in my eyes. I have tried to find similar cheaper versions and thought Loreal extraordinary oil could be good, frankly its horrible the consistency is like water far far too runny to call itself an oil, but the Loreal mythic oil on the other hand is the closest match I can find and for half the price!! I am not sure how similar the ingredients actually are but Kerestase is owned by L'oreal so I doubt they are too dissimilar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ladies...do not waste your hard earned money on Elixer Ultime. It works but there are so many cheaper products that work better. I use this oil/serum after my shower and before blow drying. It smooths my hair out and makes it dry super fast. Styling afterwards in a pain in the butt. This product made my hair overly flat, dried out and life-less. The fly-aways and static were unbearable. Also, it made my thick hair feel super thin and fragile. I learned my lesson...just because a product costs an arm and a leg, it doesn't mean it's good.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No