April 16, 2014 | 1882 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

This is a good shine product and in spite of the fact that it's expensive, if you only use one pump per day on damp hair, it will last for months. The reason I'm not planning on buying it again, however; is that my hair is dry due to the highlights I'm having put in every six weeks or so, and I have found Bumble and Bumble's Invisible Oil to be better for dry and porous hair...and also cheaper. In general, I have not found the Kerastase products to be worth the high price tag even though my stylist adores them.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got the limited edition version, which is just a different packaging. It smells great and makes my hair shiny without making it greasy. One of my favorite finish products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by fikins123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore Kerestase hair serums, I have used the Oleo Relax serum for over 8 years, I bought a bottle of this to replace my empty oleo relax and it lives up to the kerestase quality, this is a lovely hair serum smells fresh and leaves hair beautifully silky it is lighter than oleo relax and this has now replaced my all time favourite. It is on the expensive side but definitely worth the splurge in my eyes. I have tried to find similar cheaper versions and thought Loreal extraordinary oil could be good, frankly its horrible the consistency is like water far far too runny to call itself an oil, but the Loreal mythic oil on the other hand is the closest match I can find and for half the price!! I am not sure how similar the ingredients actually are but Kerestase is owned by L'oreal so I doubt they are too dissimilar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ladies...do not waste your hard earned money on Elixer Ultime. It works but there are so many cheaper products that work better. I use this oil/serum after my shower and before blow drying. It smooths my hair out and makes it dry super fast. Styling afterwards in a pain in the butt. This product made my hair overly flat, dried out and life-less. The fly-aways and static were unbearable. Also, it made my thick hair feel super thin and fragile. I learned my lesson...just because a product costs an arm and a leg, it doesn't mean it's good.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Laetitia1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is really expensive and if used in one pump a day lasts about 6 months.

HOWEVER it is AMAZING!! I've never had so many great comments about my hair!

I've spent a fortune trying to find a cheaper replacement and they're all ok but not great.

If money is an issue the L'oreal version for 9.99 is the closest I've found, but If you can afford 33 but this one - it's the best product I've used on my hair in 34 years!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product.
Elixir Ultime made my hair shiny, healthy and silky.
It also smells perfect!
Since I started using it I have the best comments for my hair...Although I dye my hair and use heat on it everyday,it looks like the hair of those models in hair-product advertisements.It is strong and protected.
Also, elixir ultime lasts for more than six months.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by piccolamandorla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing. These are the results I always wanted from my Moroccan Oil, which I used for a year, but never got.

The difference between my hair yesterday and my hair today using Elixir Ultime is unreal. My hair yesterday was thin and frizzy with patches of post pregnancy fallout regrowth sticking up everywhere and a very rough texture. Today my hair is soft, light, and shiny. The only thing I did different from yesterday was use Elixir Ultime before blowing it dry. I could swear it shaved quite a bit of time off drying as well!

If my hair continues to look this good, I will happily eat the cost of it and purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:35:00 AM More reviews by chesso

best product i've ever purchased. great for getting rid of frizz, smoothing hair, improving hair quality and helping with split ends. I've recommended it to all my friends and everyone that's bought it loves it.
The main thing that sets it out from other hair oils is that it works on fine hair without making it to heavy or greasy looking.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by DeerMeadow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this item, because i have really dry and damge hair. I like it very much. I dont know, if is more different then Mythic oil, but i like it. My hair are very nice. I usually use after irining on morning.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I use this product as a finisher. Pump maybe a drop or two into my hands rub it together and spread it through my hair. It smells absolutely amazing. Very luxe. In my opinion anyway. It leaves my hair silky shiny and tames down a few fly-aways. It's not perfect though, for the price it should do much more . It's just silicones and a few oils . Really you should be able to find dupes of this easily at the drugstore but this one smells so good. I'll finish it up. But won't repurchase. I like shu essence absolue which gives the same effect (doesn't smell as nice) but gives UV protection to my hair . Joico does the same , at a fraction of the cost, just doesn't smell nice