October 24, 2014 | 1848 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using Elixir Ultime (for all hair types) for the last two months and I consider it is the best oil ever (and the most expensive as well). The oils that I used before mostly contained only one type of oil. And the Elixir Ultime contains the combination of 4 oils (maize/corn germ oil, argania kernel oil, camellia seed oil, pracaxi/pentaclethra macroloba oil) and it DOES make a huge difference to my hair, making the nourishing effect 3-4 times more than the other oils did for me.
I use it in four different ways: 1) after shampooing I apply it to ends as a leave-in treatment for deeper nourishment and for avoiding split ends in the future (now I hardly have any split ends at all). 2) I apply it on dry hair before styling with a flat iron for protection. 3) I use it as a finishing product to make my hair look more perfect (but unfortunately it doesnít reduce flyways as much as I would like to and sometimes I just use my nourishing cream instead). 4) Sometimes I use it also as a re-touch product
This oil makes my hair silky, soft, and shiny, and it doesnít weight my hair down or makes it look greasy. I always use only 1 pump of oil (when I had to use 2 or sometimes even 3 pumps of my previous oils to get the same moisturizing effect). The bottle contains 125ml and I think it might be enough for a year.
And the fragrance is absolutely amazing, so luxurious... I love it!
I feel like after I started to use Kerastase products the structure of my hair changed for better. If other products were just making the illusion of healthy hair just till my next shampooing, Kerastase managed to make my hair healthy from inside. This is the reason I fell in love with this brand and this what it differs from other brands Iíve used. I just needed to give it a few weeks time to show the best results ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got this after smelling it on someone`s hair! I stopped to ask the person becos I loved the scent. Its smells like coconut and reminds me of Brazil beach holidays. I rub the product at the ends of my hair and it feels light... Nothing special. I also love the oil slick it leaves on my hands ...I even use it as hand lotion becos I loveeee the coconut parfum thing. I do find this expensive tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Daficaricuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the many negative reviews I read about this product, I decided to give it a chance and I bought it. Obviously, it is quite expensive, but I said "I'll give it a try", so I decided to buy the green one, for damaged hair, for I have many split ends and stuff.
First time I used it I didn't quite like the consistency, I thought it was too oily for me, but then I tried it, and well it absorbs on the hair fiber very quickly and leaves your hair super soft and super shiny, it is so much easier to detangle and you do not have to re-apply during the day.
Tough, the smell isn't great. Actually, it's close to nothing, except from the silicone smell, which I didn't like at all, but well I think that the product's results are worth it, despite the smell.
The package is not awesome. It is pure plastic (which works perfect for me, I am a little bit clumsy) and the pump sometimes fells down and you have to set it on place again. After that, I decided to keep it safe on it's box.
Now, about the results, I really liked the product, I am totally purchasing it again, it leaves hair soft and shiny, it doesn't weight hair down and you only need one pump of the product, you can apply when hair's damp or dry, results are basically the same. When you apply, you start feeling the results instantly.
After more a month and a half using the product, I can tell I see some changes. It hasn't healed my split ends (No product can do that, only a haircut is an available solution) but it hasn't appeared more damage than the one I used to have, but I do feel my ends softer and less dry than they used to be before. I would totally recommend the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I don't find it very moistorizing or anything. I'll not buy it again..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this elixir oil, I use the one for damaged hair (the green one) and it pretty much does what it claim's, strengthens and protects it from damage/frizz. if your blonde i would definitely urge to go for the green elixir ultime. ohhh and the smell is lovely, definitely a HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This was one of the few oils that did not make my oily hair roots worse.
It left my hair super shiny and soft- honestly the shine could'a hurt peoples eyes if the light reflected off it. ( we don't get much sun in ireland so we are light sensitive)
A little goes a long long way.

It is scented so if you don't want competition to your perfume silage - watch out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by liekieta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I have very thick, very long (untreated) hair. It's generally healthy, but a drop of this in my towel dry hair adds so much shine and softness. I absolutely love the rich smell of it. Of course you do need to treat your hair right in all the other ways (suitable shampoo, good brushing) but when I add this I feel like I have luxurious hair. I always see the difference in pictures as well. I must add it doesn't reduce all frizziness, I use a separate product for that when needed.
There are two things about this product I dislike: the price and the fact that I can't control how much product I get out of the bottle. Yes, the large drop you get is precisely enough for my whole hair. But sometimes I just want a tiny bit to apply to my ends, but reminding myself of the price stops me from using this every single day. Also I would like to add that I really do prefer this over biosilk, which I also liked very much (used up a whole bottle).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was supper excited to try this product because of all the amazing reviews everywhere online! I was very disappointed, however, when this $60.00 serum left my hair greasy and not in the best condition. I read this could be used as an overnight repair serum, hot oil treatment and blow dry oil. My hair is really not greasy but it can get weighed down and greasy with the wrong products. I gave it 3 lippies because the scent of it is beautiful and one of my friends used it and really liked it. We have totally different hair. He has African American natural wavy hair and found it to be amazing. It is just too much for my long, fragile, Italian locks. Just weighs my roots down and makes it look like I rubbed oil in my hair. I do not recommend at all for those that may have oily scalp or thin hair. My hair is not thin, but its fragile from being dyed. I would recommend for those with naturally frizzy, curly, wavy or hard to moisturize hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

This is a good shine product and in spite of the fact that it's expensive, if you only use one pump per day on damp hair, it will last for months. The reason I'm not planning on buying it again, however; is that my hair is dry due to the highlights I'm having put in every six weeks or so, and I have found Bumble and Bumble's Invisible Oil to be better for dry and porous hair...and also cheaper. In general, I have not found the Kerastase products to be worth the high price tag even though my stylist adores them.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got the limited edition version, which is just a different packaging. It smells great and makes my hair shiny without making it greasy. One of my favorite finish products.