Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 2/16/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews, but honestly wasn't expecting very much. I've never had great experiences with drugstore foundations or concealers. I have extremely sensitive skin, and can't stand makeup that looks the least bit cakey or dry. I was very pleasantly surprised with this.

As others have said, the consistency is a bit thin. At first I was dabbing it on over my redness and blemishes and then immediately trying to blend it. This resulted in ineffectively smearing the product around and giving really sheer, terrible coverage. Then one day I was lazily putting it on, and dotted it a little more generously on several areas of my face before going back to the first area to blend it in using my finger. It had almost dried and set, and I worried that I'd have to wipe it off and start over again. But then instead of smearing off my skin, it was finally blending properly! A few gentle pats with my finger, and suddenly I had seamless, smooth, medium coverage with a slightly dewy, skin-like finish. And I saw then what all the hype was about.

I bought it the Medium 25 shade, which works well with my fair/medium asian skin tone. I'd like to try Sand 20 just to see if a lighter shade is better for me in the winter. I believe Medium 25 is very similar to NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in Ginger, maybe a bit more yellow toned.

on 2/15/2015 8:58:00 PM

This is a really great drugstore concealer. It comes in a pretty good selection of shades (for lighter skin at least) and isn't too expensive (you can often find it on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada - at regular price, it's about $7.99 + tax for 0.23 oz of product - which is about 1/3 the price of Nars' Radiant Creamy Concealer). It has fairly good coverage (I'd say it's about medium coverage), but what I like most about it is that it blends into the skin VERY easily and looks as though you aren't wearing anything. I use this under my eyes and it's perfect for that since it doesn't crease, look cake-y, or make my under-eye area look crepe-y by the end of the day (my complaint with the Nars concealer was that it made my under-eye look dry, making it so that other people could clearly tell you were wearing makeup). It's packaged in a plastic tube with a doe-foot applicator that makes it easy to place the product exactly where you want it. I've been using it every day for the past month and I've only made a small dent in it. It also doubles as a great complexion evener if I want some coverage over spots or my t-zone and don't want to apply a full face of foundation. Unlike the Maybelline Fit Me foundation, it doesn't leave me oily by the end of the day either. If you're looking for a Drugstore concealer with a medium coverage, I would suggest this! (I'm NC20-25 in MAC colours and I wear Nars Deauville in their Sheer Glow foundation formula - #10 Light is a good fit, shade-wise for me, for this concealer)

on 2/15/2015 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful drugstore concealer. Perfect for covering up discolouration in the under eye area and has lasted me forever!! Thick, creamy, good coverage and lasts decently throughout the day. I have quite fair skin so the colour matches my foundation rather than having a highlighting effect and I don't use this concealer to cover blemishes as it can often appear cakey on those problem areas. Overall, when applied with a primer and setting powder the finish is crease-free and super gorgeous. Great for simple makeup and basic everyday wear. Affordable and I love how this concealer brightens up my look! x

on 2/15/2015 6:17:00 PM

This product has quite good coverage actually. I apply it under my eyes before my illuminating concealer (also Maybelline) and the areas where I break out. The only problem I have is that if you don't set it with a powder it will shift and get removed throughout the day. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who has dark circles or many troubled spots. The color range for both pink and yellow tones is also great, I found a shade that fits me perfectly.

I have this concealer in the shade 20 Sand. I love the packaging, feels expensive for drugstore which is always nice. Decent coverage, shade 20 is too dark for under my eyes but perfect for acne. Covers spots fairly well, but if you tend to sweat or even get a bit oily, this will wear off during the day. Set with powder for a longer wear. Coverage is also nice and can cover even some of my worst pigmentation and scars. I say try the product out, I've already bought a backup for when this runs out, overall a good product, especially for girls in high school (like myself) who can't afford to go to Sephora every week.

on 2/14/2015 1:59:00 PM

I love this for under eye circles. It can also be used for blemishes, which is convenient. It has medium coverage if you blend it right. Setting with powder is a must

on 2/12/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to like this concealer, but I guess it just wasn't for me. I watched many youtube reviews and a lot of people love it. I wanted to love it but it too but it didn't nothing to my skin.

I used it for my under eye and it t had literally no coverage at all. I don't even have bad dark circles but it just didn't conceal them.
I found the formula was very thin, it worked well for highlighting.

I found that within 10 minutes of applying it it creased so bad :( it was not a good time.

A lot of people say its a dupe for the NARS concealer but I didn't even find that it concealed anything.

on 2/12/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to like this concealer, because I think it offers good coverage and a nice consistency. However, this makes me break out so badly! I'm 25 and pretty much over my teenage-acne stage, but whenever I use this, I get whiteheads. I know it's acne and not an allergy. Such a bummer. If this doesn't break out you though, it's probably a solid drugstore concealer.

on 2/12/2015 9:00:00 AM

I started to go through my makeup stash and picking products that I don't reach for to cull. I gave this one a good go, but I have tried this many ways, (extra undereye cream, thicker moisturizers, etc). This product cakes and discovers wrinkles I didn't know I had. What a horrible mess. Total fail for me. I hate wasting products, and hear others saying "I bought it and I'll use it up so not to waste money", but I won't use a product that doesn't work for me just to "use it up". In the trash it went. If it works for you, great, but I just couldn't get it to work, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have a tube of this in Fair. It isn't the lightest concealer I've seen, but the shade just works.

It is creamy and has a decent level of coverage. I just need a product that will lighten my undereye area as I don't have bags or dark circles, and this is a good drugstore option for that purpose. It could be too light for a person with very dark circles or with serious redness.

It covers small acne, although I prefer to use my Too Faced concealer for pimples.

The wand is easy to use and the tube is sturdy. I think that sponge tip applicators aren't overly hygenic, so if I am using it on acne I will wipe some onto another brush to prevent contamination.