Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy/Hydrate and Smooth (formerly Fit Me)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

although it offers a dewy finish its super oily and takes a lot of blending. average coverage.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty average foundation, nothing outstanding unless youre really looking for a dewy finish. This doesn't last long and i find that by the end of the day i see my pores coming through badly. It makes your skin look healthy and glowy. I much prefer the neautrogena healthy skin, cause it lasts way longer than this foundation. I find that this foundation (maybelline) never sets, and ends up staying tacky for a while. i feel like it melts off my face quickly, and i dont like that. Theres no point of putting powder over, unless you want to get rid of the dewy finish, which would defeat the purpose of this foundation. The formula is runny, and it smells like chemicals.
Overall a so-so foundation, doesnt last long, feels like it melts off your face.

I tried this product because I wanted an inexpensive foundation that would provide a dewy finish. I applied by stippling first then blending with beauty blender. After setting with a translucent powder I am thrilled with the results. It hasn't budged all day long and I love how it can be used for build able coverage. The only negative for me would be it is a bit messy and could benefit from a pump in the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a really oily nose, pretty normal with some dry patches everywhere else. I have redness i like to cover but no acne or scars.
I heard lots of good things about this foundation but I'm not convinced why.
I dont hate it and i appreciate the natural finish albeit "natural" if you were to have a full face of sunscreen on because it makes you so damn shiny!
Its not buildable and basically i would say it gives you a glow with a nice bit of coverage.
It kind of should have been called a BB cream not a foundation.
Now i powder with my MAC Blot powder almost all over, but thats not a complaint and most people set their foundation with a powder anyway. I do this with a Beauty Blender, the same one i use to apply the foundation, so its still wet. Hands down the best way to apply powder after foundation with out it looking cakey and it really blends in. I push it into skin same way i would use it when applying foundation.
Not worth the full price at $20 aus so make sure you get it on special like i did! And Maybelline you suck for not adding a pump!
I probably wouldn't purchase again. I don't think its any better than my Garner BB cream which is $9 aus
:x

I've been returning to this ever since it's arrival on the market, from the original Fit Me, to thenew Fit Me Dewy & Smooth (have not tried the Matte & Poreless, however). I loved Neutrogena's Healthy Skin foundation, but anything with any amount of retinol in it dries my skin out terribly these days, and I went through yet another mineral makeup phase, but Fit Me is the one foundation I come back to and lovelovelove. Just recently, Fit Me rescued my skin from the aforementioned mineral phase (driven by being in Rome for three weeks during the hottest and most humid season). I love the lightweight, smooth feel, the good coverage for such a light foundation, the moisturization, that it does not settle into lines/pores or turn orange or do anything weird over time (some moisturizing foundations can "separate", if you will, on one's face as the day wears on), and I love the price, the sleek, slim bottle, I love the coordinating finishing powder, the coordinating blush, etc., etc., etc. Nothing I don't love about this foundation.

I have never repurchased any foundation as much as I have repurchased this one. It honestly goes on like a product twice as expense and the coverage is very good. It does not irritate the skin and the color selections are awesome. I honestly cannot believe the reviews for this product are not higher and I NEVER say that. It's excellent and it is my favorite drugstore brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is currently my go-to drugstore foundation. I have shades 110/Porcelain and 115/Ivory. Have repurchased numerous times!

This foundation has such a creamy texture and it's very comfortable to wear! It's a high coverage foundation, so I don't tend to use too much or else it can look cake-y. Because of the thickness, I would definitely apply it with a brush or beauty-blender to achieve an even application. The finish is quite dewy and hydrating, so I would recommend it for dryer skin types.

The staying powder is good: it can last an easy 6+ hours before it may need a slight touch up (with a good primer and setting powder it lasts longer). However, I wouldn't wear it in high heat, it can run off. Setting powder is also definitely needed or else it tends to come off on things your face touches. However, with a primer and a setting powder it's the nicest drugstore foundation I've tried!

Also there is a slight baby-powder/cosmetic smell to it in the jar, but you can't smell it at all once you apply it.

Pros:
- price point is great
- high coverage
- dewy & hydrating
- comfortable and light-feeling to wear

Cons:
- can look cake-y; needs light application
- may need to be touched up throughout the day; use a setting powder
- doesn't wear well in very high temperatures

This is probably the first "real" foundation I have purchased. I normally use BB/CC type creams.

I have combination skin. The complaint I have with any type of "covering up" activity is that I have bits of oily face and some odd random dry patches. Everything catches in these dry patches, regardless of how well I prep them first.

When I read that this stuff was "normal > dry" dewy I was like hmm well maybe this will solve the weird dry patch situation.

It totally didn't. It just sat in there and made me look crusty.

It's also not very "covery" - did about the same level of cover as my BB creams and ended up quite sticky. Had to settle it down with powder.

Maybe I was expecting too much. I'll stick to BB cream.

I have a problem with not only drug store but high end as well either being too yellow on me or it will oxidize and make me look like a Oompa loompa. This does not do that on me. It is not by any means a full coverage foundation, but it is somewhat buildable and with powder stays on my face over 8 hours. If I do not set with powder I will have a tacky/sticky feel to my face and the product will rub off on everything, my phone, hand etc. The smell is typical Maybelline UGH yuck floral. It doesn't last but if you are sensitive it could be a problem. It also is the old fashion bottle with no pump so that is in three words A HOT MESS. However, apparently MAC's pump that they sell will fit the bottle so might be a good investment just to have it for bottles like this. Overall not a bad drug store alternative.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I mistakenly got this instead of the matte one. I decided to give it a try even though I have extremely, EXTREMELY oily skin especially in my tzone. What I did to apply this was 1) wash face then moisturizer 2) 20minutes after moisturizing, put on neutrogena matte oil-free primer 3) apply maybelline pure dream bb cream 4) apply my nyx medium tinted setting powder 5) THEN apply the foundation on top of that all. An 8hr work shift only needed one blotting paper bathroom break! It left my skin non irritated, not oily or greasy looking or feeling. I wanted to compare so I skipped my fit me foundation and used my Clinique oil free mattifying foundation and it looked messy splotchy and oily after 4hrs. I don't think I'll ever go back to another foundation! I also have very sensitive skin especially to cheaper products (drugstore foundations), but this is actually working pretty well for me. I also have massive trouble finding the right tone for my skin in drugstore foundations. I have a neutral skintone, but drugstore makes up tend to make me look orange or pink toned. I used this in 220 and it blends beautifully. I've been using this about 2weeks now. Will purchase again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl