April 19, 2014 | 1773 users online

Crème - Mehron Celebre HD Pro Cream Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sfrias88

I heard about this product from a makeup artist on youtube that i love! So i purchased it because it is pretty cheap and i love to try out different products. This foundation is totally full coverage. You only need the smallest amount. I apply this using a stippling brush. With this product you have to moisturize your face daily because if you dont then it really does show all your dry patches. I really dont have a problem with this because i only get a little dry during winter. The finish is very nice but i have an oily t-zone so i always make sure to set this with a powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by popalinaluna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just bought this in L4, which is really a perfect match. For reference my other foundations are Clinique in calming ivory or Chanel in beige sable. This covers like no other, while remaining natural. But it slips RIGHT off your face. I used this with a primer and HD powder and my skin is not really oily, applied with a brush. After a couple of hours of rubbing it in and blotting it looks pretty good, but I don't feel I could go out the door and forget about it. It covers the visible veins around my nose better than anything, if only I could get it to stick ! I think this might be better as a heavy duty concealer for retouching, as it's very portable, but as a foundation it's WAY too slippery. What ever you do try it at home the first time because it can look really bad really fast. Maybe it would work for super dry skin ? A great use would be for a photo shoot since it gives very temporary but total perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'll admit that the only reason I was initially interested in this foundation, I found it through youtube, was due to the shade selection and that it claimed to work with oily skin. I am NC05-NC10 depending on the season and although many warned to not pick the lightest colors, I did not listen and ordered LT1 and Eurasia Ivory. Eurasia Ivory could have worked if I had wanted that perfect china-doll skin but I'm really looking for a more natural look. LT1 matches perfectly in natural daylight. It looks a bit pale going on but blends perfectly to match my skintone. I do sheer this out with a facial moisturizer (Jack Black) because I prefer a lighter coverage and set it with powder as the finish will be very dewy otherwise. Another bonus for me is that my acne-prone skin has not broken out with this yet. I appreciate the low price, simple but sturdy packaging and great texture. The reason I gave it only 4/5 is that for some reason it balls up a bit on me if I'm not careful although I'm not sure if it is the actual foundation itself, my primer, the brush or sponge I am using causing that issue.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this foundation since all the great reviews on here and youtube. But I hated it. Here is why: At first the color was perfect for me (I used the shade Light One and I am NW05-NW10) but it oxidixed (with and with out primer) very quickly and then it had a yellow tinge to it, yuck; it gives my skin a dewy finish which i do not like at all; after being set with powder it still looks dewy; it does not cover up ice pick acne scarring, under eye circles (mine are a blusih tint,) or my redness; it my pores look huge; it also clings to dry patches. Ugh this foundation was just a mess. I applied it with the Mehron Face Smoothie Sponge (not that great either btw) dampened and ugh it just looked awful! And if that is not enough it made me break out (white heads, blackheads and clogged pores!) because it contains Myristyl Lactate. It was just horrible! I wish I could return it and get my money back! I say pass on this foundation if you have any kind of imperfection whatsoever and/or you have oily skin and/or acne prone skin! Do not buy! :/

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ylaimeche

I wanted to love it. I really did, especially after all the hype it has gotten but sadly, this just doesn't work for me. It looks great until about 20 minutes after applying and for some reason it starts to get patchy and it doesn't dry at all. I prefer foundations that dry onto your skin somewhat but this needs a lot of setting powder which then just leads to me looking too powdery and matte. Unless someone can give me a few pointers, (maybe I'm applying it wrong?) I won't be repurchasing :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by henshasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in foundation love. Thanks to the ladies on makeup alley, I fought my urge to buy the lightest shade on the mehron website and bought L2 and L3. I think the combo of the two is just right for my light skin, but to be honest i don't see a huge difference between the two. Anyhoo, what I love about this, its oil free, no fragrance that I can tell, and doesn't seem to clog the pores of this very sensitive skin gal. I find its best to put this on with a brush and then blot with a damp sponge. This makeup may not have the staying power that some make up may have. I usually find liquids last longer on my skin, but it also doesn't seem to oxidize into a weird color or feel heavy like a lot of liquids tend to feel. What more can I say for around 10 dollars its definitely worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Rwood1

A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT....
I thought I'd try this out because of the PRICE and because MEHRON is a reputible name in the theater makeup business.
I ordered LT-1 and Med-4.... Lt-1 is wat to light , i mostly use this as a high lighter for certain points on my face and med-4 I use as a concealer now because it doesn't compare to my MUFE Hd foundation.

i LOVE mehron but this foundation was a fail for me... = ( boo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
I have a Shiseido foundation in SP30, which is about an NC15 - that's the lightest my skin gets. I loved the texture, coverage and longevity of the foundation, but I tanned quite a lot in the summer, and my skin is currently an NC20. I tried to mix the Shiseido foundation with this cream foundation in Eurasia Japonais, and it worked! :D I now have the perfect colour without having to buy another foundation!

If you want a really long lasting matte bronzer without shimmer, these can also used for that. I know it's annoying to apply blush and bronzer in the morning and have them disappearing during the day. This is long lasting, and almost stains the skin, so this could definitely be used as bronzer/contour/matte highlight, used preferably with a duo-fiber brush, because these are pretty pigmented.
END OF UPDATE

I decided to try this because Wayne Goss' review on it. I just want to say one thing first: products used by makeup-artists aren't necessarily as good for a regular person. SO: although I love Wayne, I don't follow him blindly when it comes to foundations.
Good things stated on the package:
- oil-free
- fragrance-free
- great for all skin types
- have powerful anti-oxidants (means: it will oxidise instead of your skin)
- vitamin E
- aloe vera for smoothing dry skin
- no parabens
- says "for all skin types"
Ingredients seem to be good.
It comes in a pretty big tub, that will last you a long time, because you don't need much per application. This is also because the coverage is full. I was amazed after I applied this, that none of my old acne scars were visible (flat, but pretty pigmented)! It actually also covered pores (I don't have large pores, though) well without sinking into them. This IS good in a way, but it also makes the face look pretty flat and unrealistic. It would probably be a good idea to sheer this down if you don't need full coverage (see link at the end). But actually, I would not suggest anyone going as full as just using this, without sheering it out - very full coverage foundation almost always guarantees you looking like you have a mask on + make it transfer more. I prefer to not look like a doll, but an actual human ;) Sheer it down, apply over whole face, and if there's spots that needs more, apply on those without sheering down. Or apply with a sponge.
I found that this applied best with a duo-fiber brush, like MAC 187. You should stipple into the pot with the brush, then stipple a small area on your face and blend. This will not give you a lot of coverage - it will be about light, but can be built up a little. I have pretty good skin, and this method covers all of my redness and discolouration very well, you can't see the foundation on my face and it doesn't transfer this way. If you only need light coverage, I would recommend this - just please try my suggested method.
Fingers don't work great for application - the foundation melts, and then it takes quite some time before it sets, and also looks yucky in the tub when it gets solid again + difficult to apply this way. If you would like to use a sponge, check out this full coverage foundation tutorial (how to use such a foundation so it looks good):

While this is definitely long lasting, it is not transfer free if you need more than light coverage - I would say this transfers quite easily when you apply enough for medium coverage. It was pretty embarrassing wearing this in the lab at the uni - I had a lot of orange on the sleeves of my lab coat at the end of the day (they sometimes accidentally may slip over the face when I'm lifting something over my head). But nevertheless, it doesn't loose its coverage as a result. It also doesn't break up, slide off or patch during the wear time. Still, the transferring is a pretty big con for me - I would not use this for medium coverage again. I personally don't like to set this with powder, because the drydown is kinda satin/powdery, and it just doesn't look as good on me when I set it.
I have dry/normal skin, and I found that this worked the best without a moisturiser for me, so I think this may not be for oilier types of skin. What I do is just tone my skin and apply a light moisturizing lotion - I usually use Hadalabo Shirojyun Whitening Lotion.
The colours aren't that easy to figure out. You're lucky if you live neas some store that sells this, but I bought mine on ebay. In the pictures they look quite different than in reality. I got 3 shades (impulse buy?):
- Medium 1: I would say that this is the one you come closest if you suit the shade NW20 in MAC, but medium 1 is slightly darker. If applied light, you can easily get away being an NC20 and NW15
- Eurasia Japonais and Eurasia Fair: These are much darker than I expected. I don't know for sure, but I would say NC35-40, maybe...? Colours are very similar - you don't see any difference while in the pot, and when swatched, the Eurasia Japonais is a bit more yellow.
If I now were to guess my shade from the pictures, I would probably choose LT3. I'm fair with olive undertones, somewhere between NC20-15.
Bear in mind that this foundation actually does oxidise a bit - at least I didn't expect that. So please wear it for some time if you're able to try it out in the store, and find out how it turns out on you.
When I chose my shade, I found that this blog has a pretty good review on the shades undertones, but the swatches look a little bit lighter than in real life:
I do not think I will buy this again, mostly because I want to try something else, but the transferring might be a problem for other people.
I have now put up a picture with swatches of the ones I have. As you can see, my arm is almost exactly NC15 (after oxidation!)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ElleMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered two colors: Eurasian Fair (EF) and Eurasion Japonaise (EJ)from a vendor on ebay. I was hopeful after reading many positive reviews and viewing youtube guru gossmakeupartist rave about it. My first impression is mixed.

Color selection: Although they have an extensive color range, it was difficult to select a color because the swatches on real skin wasn't available and the square of color they showed on their chart didn't really help. EF had a very olive undertone and was a medium color. I would say probably NC35-40 minus the yellow undertone. EJ is lighter, VERY orange and about NC30-35. The application seems to take longer than the regular liquid foundation and even though it's a cream foundation, it feels very greasy to the touch but once it sets, it's not greasy on the face. It sets to a somewhat powdery finish. There's no "glow" pigments in this foundation so you have to do a little bit of blush or bronzer to give your face some contour and dimension; worn alone, it's very flat and matte.

The wear is moderate, I can go about four hours without setting it with a powder. I hesitate to set this foundation since it dries to powder finish on its own

I thought it would be the next best thing since sliced bread but not quite. The foundation is definitely not light, it's at least medium to full coverage and one can definitely feel it on the skin. I have normal skin with the slightly oily t-zone but recently have a couple dry patches due to trying out Peter Thomas Roth's Retinol PM. This foundation highlighted the dry patches noticeably. On the other hand, it gave nice coverage to the large pores.

I might purchase a color for a better match if I don't find a better foundation in the meantime.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by ldecato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have waited a few months to finally write this review. I just turned 40 and need makeup now that looks great and doesn't get stuck in my creases.

Mehron HD Creme Foundation fits the bill. It doesn't get stuck in creases. It is great for my still acne prone/ combo greasy complexion. I also have very sensitive reactive skin and this Foundation works like a charm. It is a medium coverage foundation. You could build it up to a full coverage.

My skin has a nice even look and looks great in person and in photographs. I am getting compliments on my skin now and never ever did before.
Also, you can't beat the price. $9.95. It can stand up to any high end foundation and beat it.

My only complaint/con is I had to order it online and I had a challenge matching myself. So I spent another $9.95 on a color that didn't work out. I ended up using Medium 3.