September 18, 2014 | 1763 users online

Crème - Mehron Celebre HD Pro Cream Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

PREPARATION: as my skin is dry, I usually apply a facial oil, fragrance-free moisturiser & primer but after a few applications, I've learned that primer is all I need as the formulation is -- well, not greasy but definitely not drying.

CONSISTENCY: This is a cream foundation which easily provides full coverage. Creamy & smooth, applied using the beauty blender & finished with Ben Nye banana powder.

QUALITY: Excellent! Supremely blendable and despite the full coverage, is not heavy or cakey. It lasted all day with no need for a re-touch but I suspect it may fare less well during an Australian summer. ME1 was too light, ok as a concealer colour though, and ME2 is too beigey. Eurasia Japonais is a yellowy-peach colour and a 90% dupe for Kevyn Aucoin SX08 in shade & depth of pigment.

RE-PURCHASE? Definitely! I purchased samples from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $4, each little pot contains enough for a bit more than 3 applications which is BRILLIANT for the try-before-you-buy aspect and to ensure correct shade selection. Full size product is 0.9oz for $10! Fantastic.

DUPE ALERT! SX08 is a 98% shade match for Mehron's Celebre HD Pro Foundation in Eurasia Japonais. Kevyn Aucoin's SSE is much thicker and more pigmented than Mehron's Eurasia Japonais but the latter is still a full coverage product (and less likely to cause break outs).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is too much work for me! You have to exfoliate really well and moisturize a lot before putting this on. I agree that it has wonderful coverage and is highly pigmented. Maybe this is intended for younger skins. On my combination skin with strong nasiolabial folds, dry cheeks and average pores this made them look more obvious and attached to dry patches (if you are a retinol user there will always be some tiny patches left from time to time even though I use a Clarisonic to exfoliate). At my age, I can't make foundations with strong coverage work. I much prefer liquid foundations like MACs Face & Body.
I ordered Light 3 which is a beautiful neutral shade with very slight yellow undertones but it runs way to light on my NC25 skin :(
I think I will at least use this foundation up for blemishes under darker foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

This is the first cream foundation that I like.

PROS:
- I found a perfect colour match, which is amazing. I wear the shade Light 3 (LT3) and my skintone is roughly NC 10-15.
- The converage is very good, I would say it's full coverage, but it can easily be sheered out by applying it with a damp sponge or by applying it sparingly and then buffing it all over the face.
- It is easy to blend, but no too emolient. I love using this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush or my Sonia Kashuk Multitask Brush.
- The finish is very natural, not completely matte, not really dewy either.
- It didn't sit in my fine lines or accentuated my pores.
- It is so amazingly cheap and you get a lot of product (roughly €8 for 25gr/0.9oz).

CONS:
- My only problem with this foundation is that my t-zone doesn't stay matte for very long. I use a setting powder with this anyway, but my t-zone definitely gets oily earlier than with my liquid foundations.

VERDICT:
This is a lovely cream foundation with a great range of shades. the application is easy and the finish is very natural. I would not recommend this for people with oily skin, and people with combination skin should make sure the set it with a powder. I want to try some more cream foundations, but for now, if I ever run out, I would repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I had been wanting to try a good cream foundation, so when I saw a video where Wayne Goss raved about this -I knew I had to try it!

The texture of this stuff is so smooth! It's not like the coverfx cream where you have to really work to get it to spread on your face. Nope this stuff glides like butter. The coverage on this stuff is amazing too, and its easy to build layer because of how creamy it is. The finish on this stuff is lovely too, i expect a super dewey finish but it's actually satin/matte and looks nice and natural. Not to mention, you get sooooo much product for sooooo cheap!

Now the bad stuff, this stuff does tend to cake around dryness. Also what's up with the shade range? The shades run super neural except for the eurasia ones, and those are either too light or too dark for my NC25 skin. As a result i can't use this on my whole face (i bought the Medium 1) or it ends up making me look really pink. Well the product is so good so i still use it as a concealer, but sucks that they dont offer more yellow based shades :/ Won't repurchase once i finish it up.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on a professional foundation craze since IMATS 2011, I am also reviewing RCMA, Kett, Graftobian ( haven't tried Cinema Secrets or MUD yet but intend to).
You can read my reviews on them if interested.
I do believe that professional foundation brands are superior to commercial brands. With that said:

Overall/Application: This foundation is just okay. Like all others it has pros and cons. It's Full coverage, very pigmented, blends easily as it is very emollient and creamy, can be effortlessly applied with a beauty blender, any foundation brush or fingers. On my face it must be set with powder, otherwise it's gone within half an hour ( my skin is combo, moderately oily t zone and normal to dry cheeks).

Longevity: On me it lasts 5-6 hours maximum ( even if very well powdered). The worst problem I find with this is that it transfers and rubs off on clothes or anything that comes in contact with my face. if I touch or scratch my face and then touch a piece of paper - the paper will have stains on it from my fingers and the part of my face which I touched won't have foundation on it at all. I highly dislike that.

How it compares to other professional brand foundations: In consistency it is similar to Graftobian cream foundation. However, Graftobian by far surpasses Mehron in terms of longevity. Mehron is probably the shortest lasting foundation from the professional brands I've tried. Another negative: if my skin hasn't been exfoliated or has dry patches, Mehron will over accentuate them worse than any other. However, price-wise it is the most inexpensive of all pro brands. At IMATS it was discounted at $ 8.50, regularly it is $ 10.
Shades: from what I witnessed at IMATS - Mehron has a large shade selection. From lightest to darkest, with all undertones. Medium 3 matches me very well, in MAC terms I am about NW25 to NW30.
I do use it on days which I predict will be short and when super longevity is unnecessary. I wouldn't repurchase it though as I feel that other pro brands are superior.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by karenzeller8

I just ordered this and here are my impressions:

Pros:
-Texture is wonderful. Very light, smooth as butter, but not oily feeling.
-Price is incredibly reasonable. For the amount of product it is more affordable than drugstore brands.
-Coverage is quite good. You can apply thin, or really build it up.
-Customer Service is excellent. You can email or call Mehron during their working hours and you will get someone in person immediately. They can send some sample swatches. In my case, I was too impatient to get them and I went ahead and ordered.

Cons:
-Colors/Tones: Biggest drawback. Very non-standard tones. And what you see is not necessarily what you get. Reviews say they either trend light or dark. I ordered Eurasia Fair, and am a C3 in Studio Fix, and use C2 for Mac Face and Body (plus Laura Mercier Nude.) and when I put this on my cheek or neck, you see a olivish/honey tone standing out. I need to mix this with Eurasia Ivory, or the equivalent to get to my real tone. Everyone has been linking to this epic swatch post:

Quite frankly the colors photographed in this blog are spot on for the ones I ordered. Definitely use this as your color guide and don't expect it to be any lighter than what you see in the photos.

For Asian skin (Japanese, Chinese, and other folks with light-to-medium skin with a yellow undertone), they really need to offer some intermediate colors.

Hope this helps.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Fluffytia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not really impressed with this product. Kryolan ultra foundation is WAAAY better. As stated by another reviewer, this product tend to 'ball up' on the face after a little while. The colours are much lighter than the colour chart suggests, go at least 2 shades darker than you think you need. This foundation has little staying power, even with a sealant spray. I found it would cling around the eyes and upper face and totally slide off the lower face. This would be a good product if you want short wearing light coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sfrias88

I heard about this product from a makeup artist on youtube that i love! So i purchased it because it is pretty cheap and i love to try out different products. This foundation is totally full coverage. You only need the smallest amount. I apply this using a stippling brush. With this product you have to moisturize your face daily because if you dont then it really does show all your dry patches. I really dont have a problem with this because i only get a little dry during winter. The finish is very nice but i have an oily t-zone so i always make sure to set this with a powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by popalinaluna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just bought this in L4, which is really a perfect match. For reference my other foundations are Clinique in calming ivory or Chanel in beige sable. This covers like no other, while remaining natural. But it slips RIGHT off your face. I used this with a primer and HD powder and my skin is not really oily, applied with a brush. After a couple of hours of rubbing it in and blotting it looks pretty good, but I don't feel I could go out the door and forget about it. It covers the visible veins around my nose better than anything, if only I could get it to stick ! I think this might be better as a heavy duty concealer for retouching, as it's very portable, but as a foundation it's WAY too slippery. What ever you do try it at home the first time because it can look really bad really fast. Maybe it would work for super dry skin ? A great use would be for a photo shoot since it gives very temporary but total perfection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'll admit that the only reason I was initially interested in this foundation, I found it through youtube, was due to the shade selection and that it claimed to work with oily skin. I am NC05-NC10 depending on the season and although many warned to not pick the lightest colors, I did not listen and ordered LT1 and Eurasia Ivory. Eurasia Ivory could have worked if I had wanted that perfect china-doll skin but I'm really looking for a more natural look. LT1 matches perfectly in natural daylight. It looks a bit pale going on but blends perfectly to match my skintone. I do sheer this out with a facial moisturizer (Jack Black) because I prefer a lighter coverage and set it with powder as the finish will be very dewy otherwise. Another bonus for me is that my acne-prone skin has not broken out with this yet. I appreciate the low price, simple but sturdy packaging and great texture. The reason I gave it only 4/5 is that for some reason it balls up a bit on me if I'm not careful although I'm not sure if it is the actual foundation itself, my primer, the brush or sponge I am using causing that issue.