July 25, 2014 | 1984 users online

Crème - Mehron Celebre HD Pro Cream Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I had been wanting to try a good cream foundation, so when I saw a video where Wayne Goss raved about this -I knew I had to try it!

The texture of this stuff is so smooth! It's not like the coverfx cream where you have to really work to get it to spread on your face. Nope this stuff glides like butter. The coverage on this stuff is amazing too, and its easy to build layer because of how creamy it is. The finish on this stuff is lovely too, i expect a super dewey finish but it's actually satin/matte and looks nice and natural. Not to mention, you get sooooo much product for sooooo cheap!

Now the bad stuff, this stuff does tend to cake around dryness. Also what's up with the shade range? The shades run super neural except for the eurasia ones, and those are either too light or too dark for my NC25 skin. As a result i can't use this on my whole face (i bought the Medium 1) or it ends up making me look really pink. Well the product is so good so i still use it as a concealer, but sucks that they dont offer more yellow based shades :/ Won't repurchase once i finish it up.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on a professional foundation craze since IMATS 2011, I am also reviewing RCMA, Kett, Graftobian ( haven't tried Cinema Secrets or MUD yet but intend to).
You can read my reviews on them if interested.
I do believe that professional foundation brands are superior to commercial brands. With that said:

Overall/Application: This foundation is just okay. Like all others it has pros and cons. It's Full coverage, very pigmented, blends easily as it is very emollient and creamy, can be effortlessly applied with a beauty blender, any foundation brush or fingers. On my face it must be set with powder, otherwise it's gone within half an hour ( my skin is combo, moderately oily t zone and normal to dry cheeks).

Longevity: On me it lasts 5-6 hours maximum ( even if very well powdered). The worst problem I find with this is that it transfers and rubs off on clothes or anything that comes in contact with my face. if I touch or scratch my face and then touch a piece of paper - the paper will have stains on it from my fingers and the part of my face which I touched won't have foundation on it at all. I highly dislike that.

How it compares to other professional brand foundations: In consistency it is similar to Graftobian cream foundation. However, Graftobian by far surpasses Mehron in terms of longevity. Mehron is probably the shortest lasting foundation from the professional brands I've tried. Another negative: if my skin hasn't been exfoliated or has dry patches, Mehron will over accentuate them worse than any other. However, price-wise it is the most inexpensive of all pro brands. At IMATS it was discounted at $ 8.50, regularly it is $ 10.
Shades: from what I witnessed at IMATS - Mehron has a large shade selection. From lightest to darkest, with all undertones. Medium 3 matches me very well, in MAC terms I am about NW25 to NW30.
I do use it on days which I predict will be short and when super longevity is unnecessary. I wouldn't repurchase it though as I feel that other pro brands are superior.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by karenzeller8

I just ordered this and here are my impressions:

Pros:
-Texture is wonderful. Very light, smooth as butter, but not oily feeling.
-Price is incredibly reasonable. For the amount of product it is more affordable than drugstore brands.
-Coverage is quite good. You can apply thin, or really build it up.
-Customer Service is excellent. You can email or call Mehron during their working hours and you will get someone in person immediately. They can send some sample swatches. In my case, I was too impatient to get them and I went ahead and ordered.

Cons:
-Colors/Tones: Biggest drawback. Very non-standard tones. And what you see is not necessarily what you get. Reviews say they either trend light or dark. I ordered Eurasia Fair, and am a C3 in Studio Fix, and use C2 for Mac Face and Body (plus Laura Mercier Nude.) and when I put this on my cheek or neck, you see a olivish/honey tone standing out. I need to mix this with Eurasia Ivory, or the equivalent to get to my real tone. Everyone has been linking to this epic swatch post:

Quite frankly the colors photographed in this blog are spot on for the ones I ordered. Definitely use this as your color guide and don't expect it to be any lighter than what you see in the photos.

For Asian skin (Japanese, Chinese, and other folks with light-to-medium skin with a yellow undertone), they really need to offer some intermediate colors.

Hope this helps.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Fluffytia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not really impressed with this product. Kryolan ultra foundation is WAAAY better. As stated by another reviewer, this product tend to 'ball up' on the face after a little while. The colours are much lighter than the colour chart suggests, go at least 2 shades darker than you think you need. This foundation has little staying power, even with a sealant spray. I found it would cling around the eyes and upper face and totally slide off the lower face. This would be a good product if you want short wearing light coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sfrias88

I heard about this product from a makeup artist on youtube that i love! So i purchased it because it is pretty cheap and i love to try out different products. This foundation is totally full coverage. You only need the smallest amount. I apply this using a stippling brush. With this product you have to moisturize your face daily because if you dont then it really does show all your dry patches. I really dont have a problem with this because i only get a little dry during winter. The finish is very nice but i have an oily t-zone so i always make sure to set this with a powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by popalinaluna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just bought this in L4, which is really a perfect match. For reference my other foundations are Clinique in calming ivory or Chanel in beige sable. This covers like no other, while remaining natural. But it slips RIGHT off your face. I used this with a primer and HD powder and my skin is not really oily, applied with a brush. After a couple of hours of rubbing it in and blotting it looks pretty good, but I don't feel I could go out the door and forget about it. It covers the visible veins around my nose better than anything, if only I could get it to stick ! I think this might be better as a heavy duty concealer for retouching, as it's very portable, but as a foundation it's WAY too slippery. What ever you do try it at home the first time because it can look really bad really fast. Maybe it would work for super dry skin ? A great use would be for a photo shoot since it gives very temporary but total perfection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'll admit that the only reason I was initially interested in this foundation, I found it through youtube, was due to the shade selection and that it claimed to work with oily skin. I am NC05-NC10 depending on the season and although many warned to not pick the lightest colors, I did not listen and ordered LT1 and Eurasia Ivory. Eurasia Ivory could have worked if I had wanted that perfect china-doll skin but I'm really looking for a more natural look. LT1 matches perfectly in natural daylight. It looks a bit pale going on but blends perfectly to match my skintone. I do sheer this out with a facial moisturizer (Jack Black) because I prefer a lighter coverage and set it with powder as the finish will be very dewy otherwise. Another bonus for me is that my acne-prone skin has not broken out with this yet. I appreciate the low price, simple but sturdy packaging and great texture. The reason I gave it only 4/5 is that for some reason it balls up a bit on me if I'm not careful although I'm not sure if it is the actual foundation itself, my primer, the brush or sponge I am using causing that issue.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this foundation since all the great reviews on here and youtube. But I hated it. Here is why: At first the color was perfect for me (I used the shade Light One and I am NW05-NW10) but it oxidixed (with and with out primer) very quickly and then it had a yellow tinge to it, yuck; it gives my skin a dewy finish which i do not like at all; after being set with powder it still looks dewy; it does not cover up ice pick acne scarring, under eye circles (mine are a blusih tint,) or my redness; it my pores look huge; it also clings to dry patches. Ugh this foundation was just a mess. I applied it with the Mehron Face Smoothie Sponge (not that great either btw) dampened and ugh it just looked awful! And if that is not enough it made me break out (white heads, blackheads and clogged pores!) because it contains Myristyl Lactate. It was just horrible! I wish I could return it and get my money back! I say pass on this foundation if you have any kind of imperfection whatsoever and/or you have oily skin and/or acne prone skin! Do not buy! :/

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ylaimeche

I wanted to love it. I really did, especially after all the hype it has gotten but sadly, this just doesn't work for me. It looks great until about 20 minutes after applying and for some reason it starts to get patchy and it doesn't dry at all. I prefer foundations that dry onto your skin somewhat but this needs a lot of setting powder which then just leads to me looking too powdery and matte. Unless someone can give me a few pointers, (maybe I'm applying it wrong?) I won't be repurchasing :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by henshasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in foundation love. Thanks to the ladies on makeup alley, I fought my urge to buy the lightest shade on the mehron website and bought L2 and L3. I think the combo of the two is just right for my light skin, but to be honest i don't see a huge difference between the two. Anyhoo, what I love about this, its oil free, no fragrance that I can tell, and doesn't seem to clog the pores of this very sensitive skin gal. I find its best to put this on with a brush and then blot with a damp sponge. This makeup may not have the staying power that some make up may have. I usually find liquids last longer on my skin, but it also doesn't seem to oxidize into a weird color or feel heavy like a lot of liquids tend to feel. What more can I say for around 10 dollars its definitely worth a try.