December 18, 2014 | 1035 users online

Crème - Mehron - Celebre HD Pro Cream Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lole_34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my quest of HD creams this was my least favorite. I have very dry skin and this no matter what I put under it looked so unnatural. For across the room I looked great up close you could see it all over my skin. Its like it separated with my body heat. I tried different setting powders, primers and moisturizers, nothing helped. Good thing it was dirt cheap so it did not kill me to put it in the reject drawer.

Side note my roommate has oily, ace prone skin and LOVES this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by RoNNie1560

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Don't think I would buy this product again, my t-zone is very oily and this foundation is very creamy which makes my face feel and look greasy. I got this online at Treasure House and my shade was Medium 4 which was slightly too orange for me. The coverage was definitely not a disappointment though. It covered all my acne scaring and blemishes. I wore this to school and I had to put on quite a good bit on for it to stay the whole day without sliding off my face. When someone touched my face they would have orange grease on their fingers and if I hugged anyone they would have orange marks on whatever they were wearing which was really embarrassing and annoying. My face felt wet and clogged up my pores. I think for a very dry/dry/combination skin this foundation would leave a really beautiful flawless finish but oily/very oily skins stay away and don't waste your time and money on this. I didn't use powder with this foundation because it already looked a little cakey and settled into some lines when I smiled so I didn't want to cake on more products. Applying this with a damp sponge gives a lighter coverage but i find that with the kabuki or a flat top brush it stays on for longer. Good luck guys! x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by miszcassiex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure anyone that knows about this product found out about it through Wayne Goss's video on YouTube, as so did I. Being a foundation junkie, I could never have enough foundations, especially ones that are raved about for $10, yes I said $10! The only other cream foundation I had tried before was the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation, that I absolutely loved, but wasn't my shade anymore once I became more tanned. I also have the Stila Perfecting Foundation stick that is amazing as well (but currently discontinued). After doing my research as to where I can get the cheapest Mehron HD Celebre foundation, I purchased it for $10.95 on camerareadycosmetics.com and the total became around $17 with the shipping. It arrived within 6 days all the way from California to New York, which is quite fast.

It was a package that I tracked everyday because I was just that excited. It came, and I immediately tried it on. It's shelled by a black box with more info about it. About the actual packaging, it's quite simple, with a black plastic container that holds a lot of product, and the logo on the back. It has a screw top clear lid so you can see the product. For the price point, who cares about the packaging, it does it's job conveniently and simply.

It looked somewhat darker in the pan, and my immediate thought was 'Oh no, I knew I should've gotten the sample for just $5 instead of getting the wrong shade'. When I applied it with my Real Techniques buffing brush, it melted into my skin like butter, and matched my neck perfectly (my face is lighter, I don't tan). I applied it all over my face and it literally took effortless blending. I didn't even pick up a ton of product on the brush, and it seemed like my face was flawless.

Because of the minimum product it takes to make your face appear flawless, you can tell that the product itself is extremely pigmented, and can give you medium to full coverage easily. Also, that means it will last so long, I'm thinking around a year, and that's if you use it everyday for medium coverage.

You don't even need that much concealer either due to the way it performs. I would only use concealer for my under eye circles.

I would recommend this product to anyone with normal, dry, or combo skin as it gives you a beautiful finish no matter what the skin type. Although you may have to tweak the routine to work for you, it wouldn't completely be horrible for anyone with oily or dry skin.

If you have dry skin, I would of course just moisturize and use it with a primer. You wouldn't even need to set it because it lasts a very long time. It will glide over any dry patches and make it appear seamless with the rest of your skin. It actually has aloe in it, and because it's so emollient, I find it moisturizing to the skin! It should last around 8-9 hours without touching up.

If you have oily skin, you should use a mattifying primer to prevent further oiliness. Then once you apply it, definitely use a setting powder and it should be fine all day. It should look great for around 6-7 hours without touch-ups.

I have normal skin, which means most products don't make my skin extra oily, or break me out. However I put on a product in the morning is typically how it'll look later in the day. I use this product with a primer and buff a small amount all over my face, and then set my T-Zone with a setting powder for extra staying power. If I'm going out and I'll be sweating, I will spray a setting spray.

This foundation typically lasts on me around 7-9 hours with great wear. By the 9th hour, my forehead just has a teeny bit of oil, but it doesn't bother me. Also, I have acne scarring and hyper pigmentation on my cheeks, and the foundation covers it beautifully with ease.

This foundation is not completely matte, nor completely dewy on it's own. Without a primer or setting powder (straight to the face), it has a semi-matte finish that looks COMPLETELY natural. It leaves you with a gorgeous naturally flawless "skin" look, as if you're skin is airbrushed.

There is no SPF in this product, hence yielding the HD qualities, but using a SPF moisturizer in my opinion doesn't mess up the HD characteristic, and you'll still get in some sun protection. This foundation photographs beautifully as if someone has photoshopped you.

It's also available in a 20 pan palette that is extremely convenient and great for makeup artists, as it is available in neutral tones, and from very pale to very dark skintones. I am an NC45 in MAC right now (due to my summer tan), and I wear the shade Dark1.

It's extremely hard to find your exact shade using the chart on the website and through the retailer, but if you Google swatches of it, you will find bloggers that have pictures of all the shades. Even if you're still not sure, you can order samples from camerareadycosmetics.com for $3.95 and then make your decision then.

Once you have found your perfect shade however, love the product and plan to repurchase, I would not buy it from camerareadycosmetics.com anymore because the shipping alone just boosts the cost up for just one product. Going on Ebay will get you the product for $11.25 with free shipping, and they have all the shades available. That is what I will do when I need to buy over the foundation, and save myself the shipping costs.

Overall, I love this product and recommend it to EVERYONE who wants an HD, flawless, effortless complexion with medium to full coverage, and a very natural looking semi-matte skin finish for under $12.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

PREPARATION: as my skin is dry, I usually apply a facial oil, fragrance-free moisturiser & primer but after a few applications, I've learned that primer is all I need as the formulation is -- well, not greasy but definitely not drying.

CONSISTENCY: This is a cream foundation which easily provides full coverage. Creamy & smooth, applied using the beauty blender & finished with Ben Nye banana powder.

QUALITY: Excellent! Supremely blendable and despite the full coverage, is not heavy or cakey. It lasted all day with no need for a re-touch but I suspect it may fare less well during an Australian summer. ME1 was too light, ok as a concealer colour though, and ME2 is too beigey. Eurasia Japonais is a yellowy-peach colour and a 90% dupe for Kevyn Aucoin SX08 in shade & depth of pigment.

RE-PURCHASE? Definitely! I purchased samples from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $4, each little pot contains enough for a bit more than 3 applications which is BRILLIANT for the try-before-you-buy aspect and to ensure correct shade selection. Full size product is 0.9oz for $10! Fantastic.

DUPE ALERT! SX08 is a 98% shade match for Mehron's Celebre HD Pro Foundation in Eurasia Japonais. Kevyn Aucoin's SSE is much thicker and more pigmented than Mehron's Eurasia Japonais but the latter is still a full coverage product (and less likely to cause break outs).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is too much work for me! You have to exfoliate really well and moisturize a lot before putting this on. I agree that it has wonderful coverage and is highly pigmented. Maybe this is intended for younger skins. On my combination skin with strong nasiolabial folds, dry cheeks and average pores this made them look more obvious and attached to dry patches (if you are a retinol user there will always be some tiny patches left from time to time even though I use a Clarisonic to exfoliate). At my age, I can't make foundations with strong coverage work. I much prefer liquid foundations like MACs Face & Body.
I ordered Light 3 which is a beautiful neutral shade with very slight yellow undertones but it runs way to light on my NC25 skin :(
I think I will at least use this foundation up for blemishes under darker foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

This is the first cream foundation that I like.

PROS:
- I found a perfect colour match, which is amazing. I wear the shade Light 3 (LT3) and my skintone is roughly NC 10-15.
- The converage is very good, I would say it's full coverage, but it can easily be sheered out by applying it with a damp sponge or by applying it sparingly and then buffing it all over the face.
- It is easy to blend, but no too emolient. I love using this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush or my Sonia Kashuk Multitask Brush.
- The finish is very natural, not completely matte, not really dewy either.
- It didn't sit in my fine lines or accentuated my pores.
- It is so amazingly cheap and you get a lot of product (roughly €8 for 25gr/0.9oz).

CONS:
- My only problem with this foundation is that my t-zone doesn't stay matte for very long. I use a setting powder with this anyway, but my t-zone definitely gets oily earlier than with my liquid foundations.

VERDICT:
This is a lovely cream foundation with a great range of shades. the application is easy and the finish is very natural. I would not recommend this for people with oily skin, and people with combination skin should make sure the set it with a powder. I want to try some more cream foundations, but for now, if I ever run out, I would repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I had been wanting to try a good cream foundation, so when I saw a video where Wayne Goss raved about this -I knew I had to try it!

The texture of this stuff is so smooth! It's not like the coverfx cream where you have to really work to get it to spread on your face. Nope this stuff glides like butter. The coverage on this stuff is amazing too, and its easy to build layer because of how creamy it is. The finish on this stuff is lovely too, i expect a super dewey finish but it's actually satin/matte and looks nice and natural. Not to mention, you get sooooo much product for sooooo cheap!

Now the bad stuff, this stuff does tend to cake around dryness. Also what's up with the shade range? The shades run super neural except for the eurasia ones, and those are either too light or too dark for my NC25 skin. As a result i can't use this on my whole face (i bought the Medium 1) or it ends up making me look really pink. Well the product is so good so i still use it as a concealer, but sucks that they dont offer more yellow based shades :/ Won't repurchase once i finish it up.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on a professional foundation craze since IMATS 2011, I am also reviewing RCMA, Kett, Graftobian ( haven't tried Cinema Secrets or MUD yet but intend to).
You can read my reviews on them if interested.
I do believe that professional foundation brands are superior to commercial brands. With that said:

Overall/Application: This foundation is just okay. Like all others it has pros and cons. It's Full coverage, very pigmented, blends easily as it is very emollient and creamy, can be effortlessly applied with a beauty blender, any foundation brush or fingers. On my face it must be set with powder, otherwise it's gone within half an hour ( my skin is combo, moderately oily t zone and normal to dry cheeks).

Longevity: On me it lasts 5-6 hours maximum ( even if very well powdered). The worst problem I find with this is that it transfers and rubs off on clothes or anything that comes in contact with my face. if I touch or scratch my face and then touch a piece of paper - the paper will have stains on it from my fingers and the part of my face which I touched won't have foundation on it at all. I highly dislike that.

How it compares to other professional brand foundations: In consistency it is similar to Graftobian cream foundation. However, Graftobian by far surpasses Mehron in terms of longevity. Mehron is probably the shortest lasting foundation from the professional brands I've tried. Another negative: if my skin hasn't been exfoliated or has dry patches, Mehron will over accentuate them worse than any other. However, price-wise it is the most inexpensive of all pro brands. At IMATS it was discounted at $ 8.50, regularly it is $ 10.
Shades: from what I witnessed at IMATS - Mehron has a large shade selection. From lightest to darkest, with all undertones. Medium 3 matches me very well, in MAC terms I am about NW25 to NW30.
I do use it on days which I predict will be short and when super longevity is unnecessary. I wouldn't repurchase it though as I feel that other pro brands are superior.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by karenzeller8

I just ordered this and here are my impressions:

Pros:
-Texture is wonderful. Very light, smooth as butter, but not oily feeling.
-Price is incredibly reasonable. For the amount of product it is more affordable than drugstore brands.
-Coverage is quite good. You can apply thin, or really build it up.
-Customer Service is excellent. You can email or call Mehron during their working hours and you will get someone in person immediately. They can send some sample swatches. In my case, I was too impatient to get them and I went ahead and ordered.

Cons:
-Colors/Tones: Biggest drawback. Very non-standard tones. And what you see is not necessarily what you get. Reviews say they either trend light or dark. I ordered Eurasia Fair, and am a C3 in Studio Fix, and use C2 for Mac Face and Body (plus Laura Mercier Nude.) and when I put this on my cheek or neck, you see a olivish/honey tone standing out. I need to mix this with Eurasia Ivory, or the equivalent to get to my real tone. Everyone has been linking to this epic swatch post:

Quite frankly the colors photographed in this blog are spot on for the ones I ordered. Definitely use this as your color guide and don't expect it to be any lighter than what you see in the photos.

For Asian skin (Japanese, Chinese, and other folks with light-to-medium skin with a yellow undertone), they really need to offer some intermediate colors.

Hope this helps.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Fluffytia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not really impressed with this product. Kryolan ultra foundation is WAAAY better. As stated by another reviewer, this product tend to 'ball up' on the face after a little while. The colours are much lighter than the colour chart suggests, go at least 2 shades darker than you think you need. This foundation has little staying power, even with a sealant spray. I found it would cling around the eyes and upper face and totally slide off the lower face. This would be a good product if you want short wearing light coverage!