September 18, 2014 | 1853 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for 3 years now and can't imagine going without it. Jojoba oil is a great multi-use product that is effective and gentle when it comes to cleansing, makeup removal, and moisturizing. I primarily use this as a moisturizer after cleansing, specifically to combat redness, and this has healed my skin the way most commercial moisturizers claim to. I have very sensitive skin and have gone through hell and high water to fight off acne and redness, this is one of the few things that truly works. Oils aren't for everyone, but jojoba oil's ability to work so well and still be gentle on my skin is why it'll continue to be in my regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by EmmaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LIQUID GOLD!
My daily night time companion! I mix this with a couple drops of my moisturizer almost every night to help combat the dryness of Retin-A. Works wonders....

Multi-purpose, too, as I occasionally mix some with my conditioner to add a little more hydration and shine. Also a good lip conditioner and make up remover.

The only bad thing I have to say about this product is the packaging. The nozzle looks functional, but in reality, the oil just sloughs off the side of the cap.

**Quick Tip**
To get around the horrid nozzle debacle, put the oil in a well rinsed out contact solution bottle (I use the travel size for convience). Makes dispensing so much easier.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by TrinaBee

I've been using this jojoba oil under my eyes and around my nose where it get's pretty dry in the winter time. This oil is great to use on areas that need extra moisture, but not all over the face. I use a facial moisturizer on my face and use this only at night time under my eyes so I don't break out. Great product if you use it right and sparingly, cause this could clog your pores if used too much :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Few drops of this, few drops of orange peel oil = BEST mouisturizer. Anyone who wants a smooth and radiant skin, go try it! Only downside is I'm allergic on my cheeks to this one like anything else I put on, so not for me :/ but i'm applying it on my T zone after I wash my face with my bobbi brown cleanser and I think it helps to prevent forming blackheads. So this is an essential in my routine and yes I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The organic version of Desert Essence's jojoba oil is far nicer than the standard version. The organic is much richer. I've never seen the organic in any store, and I've ordered it online a couple of times. I'm thinking of trying an almond oil when I run out of the jojoba I have left, but for right now, I'm using the organic jojoba. I love it for skin and hair. I sometimes use it for a facial massage before I wash my face. Oils make great moisturizers, and a little goes a long way.

*Please see my review for Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by suarezcf08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have really oily skin and large pores on my nose, but need a good moisturizer to prevent fine lines and dryness from occasional BP creams. Jojoba oil really, really works. It is absorbed by your skin really fast, and is a great carrier of BP creams. It actually makes it more effective. A pimple honestly faded overnight when I placed my spot-treated a BP cream after putting on jojoba oil over my entire face as moisturizer. Will never be without this for moisturizer at night. Not as great though under make-up, but perfect for me as a night-time moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I'm so glad I found this. . .I started using jojoba oil a few years ago when it was recommended to me by a co-worker as my skin was literally shedding and flaking yet oily all at once. I love that it has no scent, absorbs quickly and leaves no greasy after-feel. A single bottle containing 4oz/118mL will last me about 6 months and I use this all over my face, hair and body too. I have tried other brands but always come back to Desert Essence.

I have combination skin and this works well for me as:

a) make up remover/cleanser, I just apply to either dry or damp skin and remove with a wet, warm face cloth and scrub gently to remove all traces of make-up, or apply on a cotton pad and press onto lashes for 10 seconds before wiping to remove mascara
b) apply after cleanser to face, neck and eye area to moisturise skin, works great to relieve dryness and redness after Retin-a, or BP acne treatments/sulfur or any other acne products
c) use as a body oil on slightly damp skin after showering - relieves dryness and scaly skin
d) apply a few drops to hair after washing, and leave it in instead of conditioner or leave-in conditioner, and I spread this evenly over mid length and ends only.

I would and do repurchase, it's multi-purpose and has never irritated my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by glamourclaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this to remove my eye makeup before washing off with a face wash, and to make a sugar scrub in the bath or shower. A good basic product, will always have a use in my household.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

h, this is good stuff.I have the 4 oz bottle. No fragrance, no additives, just 100% pure jojoba oil.Great for the ends of my hair every day- I use a bbb to distribute the oil.Also I add it to my conditioners to make them more emollient. When I run out, I'll definately buy more!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a good product for my face. Tried this a few times over the years with disastrous results. HUGE pimples all over my cheeks. It is not bad for use on hair or nails, though.