Chantecaille Lipglosses

4.7

on 12/25/2002 6:45:00 PM

I have one of these and like the product very much. They apply lightly and last a relatively long time for a sheer lipgloss. My only complaint would be that the colours are skewed to warmer complexions!

on 12/25/2002 1:35:00 PM

some nice color choices in these glosses and the pretty packaging is a bonus. However I could not stomach the terrible taste & smell of this that reminded me of cheap 99 cent lipglosses.

on 11/25/2002 12:21:00 AM

Im loving Cristal! It's a sheer peach/red and is really moisturizing and glossy on the lips. Love the decadant silver compact too :)

on 10/13/2002 1:20:00 PM

I have this lipgloss in Molasses -- a very pretty brownish-berry color. Nice color & pigment, but luckily, it doesn't go on as dark as it looks in the case. The taste is not too bad, but not too good either. The color lasts pretty well, and looks more like a stain than a super-shiny gloss. I don't really care for the container, though it's very pretty, it's not as practical as a tube or wand gloss. I either have to use my fingers or find a lipbrush to apply it. Not a big deal at home, but somewhat inconvenient when out.

on 10/10/2002 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this one in Nectar and now I bought Cristal. Its a beautiful slightly shimmery peach colour that goes on very nice and sheer! Its probably the only shimmery one out of all the lipglosses, but its so subtle that u dont really see it. It goes on smoothely for sexy, moist lips with a hint of colour! I love the consistecy and it keeps my lips moisturised! I use it when I wear a bronzer, which is most of the time! And switch between this and Stila Lipglaze in Peach!

on 9/29/2002 10:24:00 PM

Chantecaille is really becoming one of my favorite brands. I recently purchased Taffy and Nectar, having had Nougat, a lovely color which did not suit me. The texture is smooth and creamy, and the colors are so lovely. Taffy looks berry in the compact but goes on a deep luscious ylbb pink. Nectar is what I would call a tropical pink - rich in tone but natural. They are similar, in fact. Both are sheer and very wearable. My one gripe is the packaging - given how soft these glosses are, it seems like they could melt and slide around. I also don't like pot glosses in general. Retails for $21. Update: I also have Dragonfruit, formerly from an LE palette, now released separetely. This is a fresh slightly corally pink, a lovely face brightening color!

on 9/26/2002 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

absolutely the best lipgloss i've owned. Beliini is a beautiful coral color with a hint of gold shimmer plus it comes with a mirrior.

on 9/14/2002 11:24:00 AM

I was a bit iffy about this first - at around US$30 here in Australia, I wasn't sure if it'll be *that* different from other glosses. I'm really loving it though. The silver compact is sleek and beautiful, and has a small mirror on the lid - every lipgloss should come with it's own mirror!

The gloss itself is very very very smooth, not at all sticky, and has great staying power. The color Bellini goes on a coral pink which really flatters the lips because it's noticable yet not bright (it's almost sheer). The quality is excellent, so you really do get what you pay for.

on 6/17/2002 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this one in Nectar. Its a light pinky hue. Very beautiful. Will suit anyone. Since I do not like dark and heavy lip colours this is just perfect for me - shiny, pinky lips, just a hue darker than my natural colour, moisturising and has a SPF 15 which is just great! I always have it in my bag and will purchase some other colours! A must have!

on 5/23/2002 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The compacts are so cute and pretty, and the product is awesome! Not sticky, and the colors are very true, and last a while.

Recommended for Medium Skin