Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 5/23/2013 3:31:00 PM

You know, this isn't the worse powder foundation I've tried. It could have been a lot worse. But on the other hand, I won't be repurchasing. It just wasn't for me.

Pros:
-If you like Nars Light Reflecting Powder...this is a dupe. I have tried & tested both side by side. Very similar finish. Unfortunately I hate Nars LFP so this wasn't exactly anything I was thrilled by.
-I can see this working on any skintype. It held up pretty well in the dallas heat/humidity on my oily pizzaface, but at the same time it's hydrating & didn't cling to the few dry patches I have.
-Refreshing. Which is great for summertime. It feels like spraying a mist of cold water on my skin upon application.
-My favorite thing about this foundation is the texture. I didn't know what it meant for a powder to be finely milled until I tried this... now all my other powder foundations seem gritty in comparison. I don't think it's possible to have this stuff look cakey... trust me, I had to pile it on.

Cons:
-Has glitter in it. BARELY noticable but I need a 100% matte look since I have crater pores.
-Light coverage. I need something full coverage since I don't have great skin.

on 4/12/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I use this as an undereye powder on top of my Hard Candy concealer. Together, they are perfect. However, I don't like this powder as a face powder, and I could do without the wet feeling (although it goes away after you use it a few times).

I LOVE this! I'm well on my way to finishing a 3rd pot and fully intend to buy a replacement. Some people hate the shimmer effect of this, but it gets toned down when applied with a layer of foundation before brushing the product on to the skin. It gives my face a soft, dewy finish that's good for an everyday look. I also actually love the cool feeling that you get when it first touches the skin. I find it very refreshing! The only thing I don't like about this is the application brush that comes with it is pretty useless. It's so small and difficult to use. But with a good ol' brush (i prefer to use an angled kabuki brush), this product really works wonders. And it's so affordable too! ;)

on 3/18/2013 8:21:00 PM

I was skeptical about buying this product since I have had problems with baremineral makeup and breaking out. but i have bad acne scarring, but no really bad pimples to cover up. I use the revlon colorstay concealor on the scars and put this all over with a big brush (the brush that comes with it, is too small and hard to use) and i LOVE it.
It has a wet refreshing feeling and covers wonderfully. The light medium is a perfect color for me and i dont have to cake on foundation like i used to. I recomend it to everyone.

REALLY helps keep my foundation last throughout the day! I use it as a finishing powder over my mineral powder foundation.
It is very matte and has been amazing for my oily skin, which tends to cause my foundation to rub off easily.
Instead of using the brush it comes with, I apply it under my eyes with a concealer brush, then all over my face with a kabuki brush.
Oddly, the powder feels wet when you apply it, but soon feels just like a smooth powder finish.
I hope this product is always available! LOVE IT!

on 2/8/2013 2:09:00 PM

this is ACTUALLY an amazing product. it will make cakey foundation look flawless and natural on your skin. you need to know that this is a FINISHING powder, not a foundation. if you use it as a foundation by itself, itll look terrible. on top of foundation, amazingggg. good colour selection, its moisturizing, feels so cool on the skin, but it's a bit pricey ($20). itll last you a long time tho. also, the brush isnt great for applying it. it's a nice brush, but it makes the product look uneven on your skin. use a bigger fluffier powder brush. (:

on 2/1/2013 11:47:00 AM

This is very comparible to the bareminerals mineral foundation, you apply it the same way. It does have wet feeling when you apply it to your face which is so cool and feels refreshing. Packaging is super cute, on the top there is a slide out brush you can use use to apply it but i would recommend to NOT use it over and over, it will get unsanitary and possibly break you out. A little expensive for drugstore but thats because it is mineral foundation but it is worth it! Lasts a while too!

on 1/30/2013 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my everyday foundation. I find that over my undereye and spot concealer if gives a mostly even coverage with a nice cooling sensation that looks natural and never cakey. I've bought this over more expensive brands the last four times that I've had to replace my foundation and I find that it transitions well from summer to winter, which I've found is always a problem I encounter with my combination skin. I also love that I don't need a separate powder to finish the look. It saves me money, feels comfortable and looks great. The only con is the packaging. I sort of wish that it was not round and circular as I can't pop it into my on-the-go makeup bag.

on 1/21/2013 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am disappointed with this product. I wanted to buy the previous version of this powder but they said that the product I mentioned had been discontinued. It has the hydrating effect but I don't think I need that since my face is so oily, and the shimmer looks too glossy on my face. Definitely a NO for us who have oily skin.

on 1/14/2013 9:47:00 PM

I wish I had done my research before purchasing this product, due to the aqua aspect of the product it is difficult to apply with your regular powder brush, as for using the revlon brush that comes with it? What a joke. The coverage of the powder is ok but even after double checking my shade with the make up artist it still has a rather orange tinge to it regardless if I applied scarcely to moderately. By the way I purchased in light medium when I had previously being wearing medium in the prior release of revlon colour stay powder which was perfect for me. Maybe I am just an amateur in the realm of make up, but this was not a good experience just a waste of money.