November 21, 2014 | 1641 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by happygolucky15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this! I'm well on my way to finishing a 3rd pot and fully intend to buy a replacement. Some people hate the shimmer effect of this, but it gets toned down when applied with a layer of foundation before brushing the product on to the skin. It gives my face a soft, dewy finish that's good for an everyday look. I also actually love the cool feeling that you get when it first touches the skin. I find it very refreshing! The only thing I don't like about this is the application brush that comes with it is pretty useless. It's so small and difficult to use. But with a good ol' brush (i prefer to use an angled kabuki brush), this product really works wonders. And it's so affordable too! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by fenderaxa

I was skeptical about buying this product since I have had problems with baremineral makeup and breaking out. but i have bad acne scarring, but no really bad pimples to cover up. I use the revlon colorstay concealor on the scars and put this all over with a big brush (the brush that comes with it, is too small and hard to use) and i LOVE it.
It has a wet refreshing feeling and covers wonderfully. The light medium is a perfect color for me and i dont have to cake on foundation like i used to. I recomend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by LaurenKate329

REALLY helps keep my foundation last throughout the day! I use it as a finishing powder over my mineral powder foundation.
It is very matte and has been amazing for my oily skin, which tends to cause my foundation to rub off easily.
Instead of using the brush it comes with, I apply it under my eyes with a concealer brush, then all over my face with a kabuki brush.
Oddly, the powder feels wet when you apply it, but soon feels just like a smooth powder finish.
I hope this product is always available! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by crazyging

this is ACTUALLY an amazing product. it will make cakey foundation look flawless and natural on your skin. you need to know that this is a FINISHING powder, not a foundation. if you use it as a foundation by itself, itll look terrible. on top of foundation, amazingggg. good colour selection, its moisturizing, feels so cool on the skin, but it's a bit pricey ($20). itll last you a long time tho. also, the brush isnt great for applying it. it's a nice brush, but it makes the product look uneven on your skin. use a bigger fluffier powder brush. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by playmate420

This is very comparible to the bareminerals mineral foundation, you apply it the same way. It does have wet feeling when you apply it to your face which is so cool and feels refreshing. Packaging is super cute, on the top there is a slide out brush you can use use to apply it but i would recommend to NOT use it over and over, it will get unsanitary and possibly break you out. A little expensive for drugstore but thats because it is mineral foundation but it is worth it! Lasts a while too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Jenabee333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my everyday foundation. I find that over my undereye and spot concealer if gives a mostly even coverage with a nice cooling sensation that looks natural and never cakey. I've bought this over more expensive brands the last four times that I've had to replace my foundation and I find that it transitions well from summer to winter, which I've found is always a problem I encounter with my combination skin. I also love that I don't need a separate powder to finish the look. It saves me money, feels comfortable and looks great. The only con is the packaging. I sort of wish that it was not round and circular as I can't pop it into my on-the-go makeup bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by drakeroll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am disappointed with this product. I wanted to buy the previous version of this powder but they said that the product I mentioned had been discontinued. It has the hydrating effect but I don't think I need that since my face is so oily, and the shimmer looks too glossy on my face. Definitely a NO for us who have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Sio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I had done my research before purchasing this product, due to the aqua aspect of the product it is difficult to apply with your regular powder brush, as for using the revlon brush that comes with it? What a joke. The coverage of the powder is ok but even after double checking my shade with the make up artist it still has a rather orange tinge to it regardless if I applied scarcely to moderately. By the way I purchased in light medium when I had previously being wearing medium in the prior release of revlon colour stay powder which was perfect for me. Maybe I am just an amateur in the realm of make up, but this was not a good experience just a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day, didn't really read into it - but my local Rite Aid had a buy 1 get one half off on Colorstay products. I am a huge fan of the Colorstay foundations (the liquid & the whipped), but I have never used a powder or mineral powder from the line, so I figured what the hell.
I used it the first time in place of my usual MSF. When I first put it on my kabuki brush and patted it on my face, I stopped...looked at the brush & thought to myself, how did I get this wet? I felt it --- nope, definitely dry. Put on some more product and again - wet?.... I dipped my finger in the powder and ran it against the back of my hand...felt dry? After explaining the total (excuse my language) mind f*ck I experienced, I'd like to say that this is the single most mind blowingly strange product I've ever used. I don't know what it is, for some reason I don't trust it though. Reminds me of the Starburst commercial "Solid yet juicy".

With that being said; beyond the initial 'cooling' sensation when applying it, it's just a normal loose powder. Nothing special. I won't buy it again because I more than likely will not use it enough to go through it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by shelbydoesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of on the fence about this product. While it is a decent mineral powder, I don't really see anything too spectacular about it. The color is nice and matched my pale skin pretty well (I used to Fair/light shade) and it provided decent coverage.

My problem with it is that it has a ton of glitter and shimmer in it, which it didn't mention at all in the packaging. The worst part has got to be the "Aqua instant hydration", it literally feels wet when you apply it, which might be awesome for some people but I found it to feel DISGUSTING. The first time I used it I was freaking out thinking maybe my brush had gotten wet somehow. I really cannot get past the gross wet feeling.

If you can get past that, it is an okay mineral foundation. I feel like for the price you could find better though.