Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 7/21/2013 6:21:00 PM

LOVE this mineral powder! I'm using this with the Revlon Photoready primer and foundation and it looks amazing! The powder makes the finished-look more even and natural. It has some glitter in it but it's not too noticeable. The powder doesn't cover very well but the foundation and the primer already does the covering job so I only need the powder to finish the look. I would recommend this product if you are using the other Revlon Photoready products.

When I first bought this powder, I was sorely disappointed. The coverage seemed very light, which wasn't in keeping with what I've come to expect from Revlon Colorstay products. The little brush provided was a joke, and when I used my usual mineral powder brush, the moisture in the formula gunked-up my brush making it unusable with another powder after one application. That was back in December.

Fast forward to the present (June), and I am beginning to love this product and use it everyday. The lasting power of the powder is truly incredible, and it leaves a great finish that doesn't get too oily, even in direct sun or on humid days. My blush, which tends to fade or melt off with whatever foundation I'm wearing on hot days, stays in place all day long without fading. The cooling effect of the powder at application is nice on a hot morning when sometimes I'm sweating basically after getting out of the shower. The slight shimmer in the powder helps mask sweat.

My one main complaint is that I still find the powder a bit too light of coverage for my preference. It doesn't cover pimples or dark spots too well, so experimenting with different layers of primer, foundation and concealer underneath to get the coverage I need in certain areas. I'll need to get a powder brush designated for this product because the one that comes with the package is a joke and as I said above, the moisture in this powder gunks up my usual powder brush. One other small complaint is the packaging -- I generally like these shaker style powder packages, but this powder comes out very fine from the shaker, so I often get too much on the lid of the package. Because of the moisture again, it is hard to grab just a small amount from the pile of powder in the lid, as it tends to stick together.

on 5/23/2013 3:31:00 PM

You know, this isn't the worse powder foundation I've tried. It could have been a lot worse. But on the other hand, I won't be repurchasing. It just wasn't for me.

Pros:
-If you like Nars Light Reflecting Powder...this is a dupe. I have tried & tested both side by side. Very similar finish. Unfortunately I hate Nars LFP so this wasn't exactly anything I was thrilled by.
-I can see this working on any skintype. It held up pretty well in the dallas heat/humidity on my oily pizzaface, but at the same time it's hydrating & didn't cling to the few dry patches I have.
-Refreshing. Which is great for summertime. It feels like spraying a mist of cold water on my skin upon application.
-My favorite thing about this foundation is the texture. I didn't know what it meant for a powder to be finely milled until I tried this... now all my other powder foundations seem gritty in comparison. I don't think it's possible to have this stuff look cakey... trust me, I had to pile it on.

Cons:
-Has glitter in it. BARELY noticable but I need a 100% matte look since I have crater pores.
-Light coverage. I need something full coverage since I don't have great skin.

on 4/12/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I use this as an undereye powder on top of my Hard Candy concealer. Together, they are perfect. However, I don't like this powder as a face powder, and I could do without the wet feeling (although it goes away after you use it a few times).

I LOVE this! I'm well on my way to finishing a 3rd pot and fully intend to buy a replacement. Some people hate the shimmer effect of this, but it gets toned down when applied with a layer of foundation before brushing the product on to the skin. It gives my face a soft, dewy finish that's good for an everyday look. I also actually love the cool feeling that you get when it first touches the skin. I find it very refreshing! The only thing I don't like about this is the application brush that comes with it is pretty useless. It's so small and difficult to use. But with a good ol' brush (i prefer to use an angled kabuki brush), this product really works wonders. And it's so affordable too! ;)

on 3/18/2013 8:21:00 PM

I was skeptical about buying this product since I have had problems with baremineral makeup and breaking out. but i have bad acne scarring, but no really bad pimples to cover up. I use the revlon colorstay concealor on the scars and put this all over with a big brush (the brush that comes with it, is too small and hard to use) and i LOVE it.
It has a wet refreshing feeling and covers wonderfully. The light medium is a perfect color for me and i dont have to cake on foundation like i used to. I recomend it to everyone.

REALLY helps keep my foundation last throughout the day! I use it as a finishing powder over my mineral powder foundation.
It is very matte and has been amazing for my oily skin, which tends to cause my foundation to rub off easily.
Instead of using the brush it comes with, I apply it under my eyes with a concealer brush, then all over my face with a kabuki brush.
Oddly, the powder feels wet when you apply it, but soon feels just like a smooth powder finish.
I hope this product is always available! LOVE IT!

on 2/8/2013 2:09:00 PM

this is ACTUALLY an amazing product. it will make cakey foundation look flawless and natural on your skin. you need to know that this is a FINISHING powder, not a foundation. if you use it as a foundation by itself, itll look terrible. on top of foundation, amazingggg. good colour selection, its moisturizing, feels so cool on the skin, but it's a bit pricey ($20). itll last you a long time tho. also, the brush isnt great for applying it. it's a nice brush, but it makes the product look uneven on your skin. use a bigger fluffier powder brush. (:

on 2/1/2013 11:47:00 AM

This is very comparible to the bareminerals mineral foundation, you apply it the same way. It does have wet feeling when you apply it to your face which is so cool and feels refreshing. Packaging is super cute, on the top there is a slide out brush you can use use to apply it but i would recommend to NOT use it over and over, it will get unsanitary and possibly break you out. A little expensive for drugstore but thats because it is mineral foundation but it is worth it! Lasts a while too!

on 1/30/2013 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my everyday foundation. I find that over my undereye and spot concealer if gives a mostly even coverage with a nice cooling sensation that looks natural and never cakey. I've bought this over more expensive brands the last four times that I've had to replace my foundation and I find that it transitions well from summer to winter, which I've found is always a problem I encounter with my combination skin. I also love that I don't need a separate powder to finish the look. It saves me money, feels comfortable and looks great. The only con is the packaging. I sort of wish that it was not round and circular as I can't pop it into my on-the-go makeup bag.