Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, CucumislSativus (Cucumber) FruitiWater, Glycerin, Talc,lPEG-10 Dimenthicone Crosspolymer,lSodium Chloride, Niacinamide,lDiethylhexyl Carmonate, EthylhexyliMethoxycinnamate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimenthicone,iPropylene Glycol, SimmondsialChinensis (Jojoba) SeediCera, Dimenthicone, Cyclohexasiloxane,lMethicone, Dexpanthenol, BenzyliAlcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate,iPhenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Cyclotetrasiloxane,iSodium Benzoate, CitriclAcid, Hexyl Cinnamal,lHippophae Phamnoides (SeaiBuckthorn) Fruit Juice,lTridaceth-9, Rosa Caninal(Rose Hip) FruitiExtract, Parfum, Citronellol,lBisabolol, Potassium Sorbate,iSodium Benxoate, BenzyliBenzoate, Lactic Acid,lButylthenyl Methylpropional, Linalool,i. May contain:,iCI 77891, Cli77489, Cl 77491,iCl 77499.

I was a little wary of buying another Max Factor foundation after being disappointed with Max Factor Smooth Effect. It was 15 euro (about $20) and I got it in the shade light ivory.
This. Stuff. Rocks.
I love the texture, it's so smooth and although may feel a little thick when you squeeze it out of the tube it feels light on the skin. It's a pleasure to apply because it feels so smooth and blends easily. Other reviews say it dried fast and so found it difficult to blend, but I think it dried at a normal rate. It has a bit of a weird smell when it comes out of the tube but it disappears once you apply it (asked the boyfriend for confromation). The packaging is good, a nice handy little squeezy tube (ah...that sounds bad :P )
I usually have trouble with drugstore foundations because I'm pretty pale but this matches me very well.
Coverage is light to medium so I use it for a natural look during the day (so if it's lots of coverage you want this won't be the best). It gives a dewy finish which I love as matte foundations make my face look flat. I have combination skin so I'm always worried about looking shiny around the t-zone but after 6 hours of wear when I went into the bathroom I still looked oil - free. Great staying power. I used Gosh primer beforehand and finished with Maybelline Dream Matte powder.
I really don't have a bad word to say about this, except maybe the price as it was a little much for a drugstore product. But for such a great foundation I don't mind that much. Highly recommend and will be buying again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This stuff is lovely, found it on a deal and I'm glad I did!

There's a decent range of shades, and after spending an hour in the makeup aisle, finding most brands' shades came out too pink or too yellow for my skin, this was a perfect match. Feels really lightweight on, but gives beautiful coverage, lasts well and you can't tell it's there, which is exactly what I was looking for! Price is reasonable too.

You won't get a matte look with this, it leaves a slightly dewy finish on my skin, but put a dusting of powder over it and you still won't look caked.

Would definitely buy again. A great find!

I have to compare it to my other Max Factor foundation - Lasting Performance as I bought this one hoping to replace the former.

The positive: the colour is a better fit for me than the Lasting Performance, it also feels lighter and overall I believe it looks more natural.

The negative: the coverage isn't as good. On "good days" when my face is clear the coverage is great but for those days when my face is more red or I have more pimples it doesn't cover as well as I would like it to. It also doesn't last as long as Lasting Performance and I've started using it with primer (which seems to help somewhat).

Overall: I'm not sure whether I will buy it again... I currently have two Xperience Weightless Foundations as I bought two for the the price of one.. so I guess I'll see after I finish them both.

At first I loved it! The coverage is perfect, it covers my redness but I can still see my freckles. But If you have sensitive skin this is NOT the foundation for you, I don't know what is it I think maybe is the scent but It broke me out :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've just *got* to review this foundation: it's so awesome, I can hardly believe it!

I was afraid that it would look thick and unnatural, the Max Factor publicity notwithstanding (cynical me!). Well, I needn't have worried. It glides on, and smoothly covers the mild rosacea on one cheek and the spots which still tend to break out on & round my chin area. But it doesn't look thick, it really does look like my face but better. I don't know how they do it, but that's the result. I can see my freckles through the foundation, yay! DH, who prefers me with no makeup (he thinks), reckons that I just look naturally healthy when I'm wearing this. My secret! The colour choice isn't huge (as with all Max Factor foundations), but I'm NC15 and find the 40 Light Ivory a perfect match so no problem there.

It's been hot and very humid recently, and I've worn this Xperience set with a few brush-swipes of MAC Prep+Prime transparent finishing powder. And, amazingly, my face has stayed looking cool and well-groomed - but natural - throughout the day. I've touched up once with MAC Blot powder, and that's all. My nose, which normally gets shiny in an hour or less, requiring frequent blots from BB blotting papers, remained natural-looking and shine-free. Miracle!

Another delight about Xperience is that it doesn't break me out. Trust me, that's rare for a foundation. If anything, it seems to help my complexion, and my chin/cheek spots have started to clear up since I've been wearing it. What a relief!

And... icing on the cake: it comes in a flat, easily-portable, hygienic plastic tube that I can just chuck into my makeup purse along with the MAC Blot powder, and I'm good to go.

So... hearty recommendation. And don't be put off by the 'full coverage' tag. Yes, it covers nasties that I don't want on display, but it definitely *doesn't* look mask-like or heavily 'made-up'.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was marketed in the UK as something of a high street holy grail foundation. It promised, full, professional coverage without being heavy and cakey on the skin. And I, personally, didn't get any of that.

From its cheap looking packaging, to the nauesating smell not unlike that of a teenage boys hairgel, its just not a good product. The consistency is extremely thick, almost gel like and whilst this does mean you don't have to use much, its such a pain to blend.
I found it to be extremely oily on my skin and it didn't take long at all to become cakey. And more importantly, I would NOT call this a full coverage foundation. It would take at least 3 coats to make it full coverage.

So my advice is, if you're looking for a full coverage, non-greasy, pleasantly scented foundation...don't try Max Factor's Xperience!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Raw Silk - I'm N4 in MAC, cool-toned. This is basically more like a tinted moisteriser than a normal foundation- you can spread it with your fingers in a minute flat, and it looks flawless. It's probably the easiest foundation I've ever bought in that regard. It's idiot-proof.

I have good skin, so just a bit of concealer over my dark circles and I'm done - but it's a light coverage foundation. It really does feel as weightless as it claims, and I'm loving it more and more.

I LOVE this foundation. Its oil free and has spf10 in it. Its great for people with sensitive skin. It didnt break me out at all. It really does have a weightless feel and it stays on your face for the entire day. Definetly my favourite foundation.

I bought this in Beige Linen 50 which matches my skin colour perfectly. It has a dry gel texture, and leaves the skin with minimal shine which can be hidden with a very small amount of powder. I generally look for medium to full coverage, and this really didn't give me the coverage I need. It's definitely a light coverage foundation and it is not very buildable. Definitely gives a no makeup look and there's no cakey look to it. It just didn't cover my blemished areas enough. If you're looking for light coverage, it would be a really great foundation.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I think this is a good day foundation. It provides light coverage, so it's not going to be helpful if you've got lots to hide. It's not what I would call it serious make-up - it's not the sort of thing you would wear if you want to spend lots of time on your makeup or look really polished. But it's good if you have ten minutes to put your makeup on in the morning and want to look fresh-faced. I like it because it evens out my skin without looking obvious or cakey. It's very creamy and I find the best way to apply it is with my fingers. It lasts for a few hours after being set with loose powder. It doesn't have the best longevity and does nothing to control oil or shine, so I use it with a primer. It's not a miracle-worker, but it's still a very good option if you want a quick and easy foundation.
I have two problems with this product. Firstly, the price - it's really expensive for only a small amount of product. Best to wait until it's on sale. Secondly, it only comes in a small range of shades. I'm an NC 15-20 and I bought this in 40 Light Ivory. This product is only available in the UK, though it is repackaged as Cover Girl Nature Luxe Foundation in North America, and comes in a much wider range of colours.

Video Reviews & Tutorials