April 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Liquid - Max Factor - Xperience Weightless Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by cessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was marketed in the UK as something of a high street holy grail foundation. It promised, full, professional coverage without being heavy and cakey on the skin. And I, personally, didn't get any of that.

From its cheap looking packaging, to the nauesating smell not unlike that of a teenage boys hairgel, its just not a good product. The consistency is extremely thick, almost gel like and whilst this does mean you don't have to use much, its such a pain to blend.
I found it to be extremely oily on my skin and it didn't take long at all to become cakey. And more importantly, I would NOT call this a full coverage foundation. It would take at least 3 coats to make it full coverage.

So my advice is, if you're looking for a full coverage, non-greasy, pleasantly scented foundation...don't try Max Factor's Xperience!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Raw Silk - I'm N4 in MAC, cool-toned. This is basically more like a tinted moisteriser than a normal foundation- you can spread it with your fingers in a minute flat, and it looks flawless. It's probably the easiest foundation I've ever bought in that regard. It's idiot-proof.

I have good skin, so just a bit of concealer over my dark circles and I'm done - but it's a light coverage foundation. It really does feel as weightless as it claims, and I'm loving it more and more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by emileemakeup

I LOVE this foundation. Its oil free and has spf10 in it. Its great for people with sensitive skin. It didnt break me out at all. It really does have a weightless feel and it stays on your face for the entire day. Definetly my favourite foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LAMBaholic

I bought this in Beige Linen 50 which matches my skin colour perfectly. It has a dry gel texture, and leaves the skin with minimal shine which can be hidden with a very small amount of powder. I generally look for medium to full coverage, and this really didn't give me the coverage I need. It's definitely a light coverage foundation and it is not very buildable. Definitely gives a no makeup look and there's no cakey look to it. It just didn't cover my blemished areas enough. If you're looking for light coverage, it would be a really great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by missburlington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a good day foundation. It provides light coverage, so it's not going to be helpful if you've got lots to hide. It's not what I would call it serious make-up - it's not the sort of thing you would wear if you want to spend lots of time on your makeup or look really polished. But it's good if you have ten minutes to put your makeup on in the morning and want to look fresh-faced. I like it because it evens out my skin without looking obvious or cakey. It's very creamy and I find the best way to apply it is with my fingers. It lasts for a few hours after being set with loose powder. It doesn't have the best longevity and does nothing to control oil or shine, so I use it with a primer. It's not a miracle-worker, but it's still a very good option if you want a quick and easy foundation.
I have two problems with this product. Firstly, the price - it's really expensive for only a small amount of product. Best to wait until it's on sale. Secondly, it only comes in a small range of shades. I'm an NC 15-20 and I bought this in 40 Light Ivory. This product is only available in the UK, though it is repackaged as Cover Girl Nature Luxe Foundation in North America, and comes in a much wider range of colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by RachelCerys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 45 Raw Silk. In store the colour looked ok but at home I noticed it's far to pink-toned for my yellow-toned skin but it doesn't look too obvious in daylight.
It comes out as a stiff almost-creme, it's easy to blend but easy to go over the top and make it look 'cakey' although if you do it right then it looks fine. It looks very shiny on my skin (although I do have dry skin) so I use a setting-powder after I've applied it and that mostly fixes this problem.
The smell is ok and with a powder, it lasts all day at school. The packaging is as good as it needs to be but nothing interesting.
I may or may not buy again (I'd definitely try a different shade) although really there's nothing special about it but overall it's not awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Lelloism

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Raw silk 45. Fine product. I use it on days I want a natural 'no make up' look. I use a tiny bit as it spreads well and using more will give a cakey effect. It covers little blemishes and stains (but nothing more) and is barely noticeable when spread well with little usage. It doesn't last all day however, when putting on in the morning, I need to re-apply a bit on my cheeks and nose around 15.00-16.00 o'clock when having long days.

On days I have dry skin however, I don't use this product because it becomes 'sand-like' on the dry parts. Same story for pimples.

The packaging looks nice but don't find it very practical as it is easy to overdose when squeezing the tube. It smells fresh, cucumber-like.

Very good for natural days, with just a bit of blush, however rather expensive for a foundation (NL, 17euros) that isn't suitable for every day usage and doesn't last that long.

Would buy again untill I find a better foundation for natural days.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by kalikabarlow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Liked the smell, liked the feel and look when it went on right up until the middle of the day where it oxidizes and becomes waaaaay too obvious on my pale skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by AddictedShopper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

luckily i just picked up a sachet sample from local boots. far too thick and not natural looking at all on me (combination skin) it did last, but wasnt happy with application and mask like look. age renew is mask like but at least makes you look a bit younger. cant believe they advertise it as natural looking.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by hellobird

Light coverage, which didn't cover my blemishes. The finish is nice but got oily very quickly on my skin. The colour was ok but a little bit too dark. Not for me.