November 27, 2014 | 1166 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Nourishing Mascara Base

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by aidan83

Tried lancome and a couple other brands, always come back to this one. make my asian eyelash stay up and curl!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Brandjunkie

I absolutely adore this! I'm on my third tube of this and I even buy backups when Nordstrom has their Mascara Madness events where you buy 2 and get 1 free because, for me, it's That.Good.

What Shiseido claims it does: "Intensifies volume, length and curl- Conditions and make lashes more supple- Provides elegant glossy finish when worn alone." I can say that it really does all that for my wimpy, medium length straight lashes. Between my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and this, my lashes end up looking feathery and pretty. I've come to face the fact that if I wasn't born with lush thick lashes, no mascara in the world is going to give me "va-va-voom" Samantha Barks lashes. Volumizing mascaras instead make mine look like spider legs- clumpy and sparse; however, when I want an evening look I apply two thick coats of this (letting the first coat dry before the second coat) and my mascara and that does the trick. For every day, I just apply 2 thin coats alone and I am out the door knowing that my lashes will stay curled all day and night until I wash it off. I hope Shiseido never changes the formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I would've discovered this sooner. This product is amazing!! It makes me lashes look longer and fuller. I have long lashes, only problem is that they're straight. I curl my lashes with the shiseido eyelash curler, apply this product to the tips of my lashes and then one coat from the roots, then 2 coats of my HG mascara: maybelline waterproof full n soft. I wait couple minutes between each maybelline coat. I love using this product on my lower lashes too. Holds my curl throughout the day and easy to remove at the end of the night. Def would repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Let me first say that I have never used the old version. That being said, I like this stuff. I'm actually glad that it doesn't thicken much like the old one did because I choose mascara based on what I need. So if I am already getting the amount of volumizing I want from my mascara I chose, I don't need more. But I do think this makes my lashes look just a bit thicker and nicer when I use it. I read the other one could leave a gray film on lashes if a little too much was applied. This one doesn't, so again, I'm quite happy with this formula. Doesn't bother my very sensitive eyes at all. Seems to make my curl last longer. This also seems to make my mascara last longer without flaking/smudging.

CONS: Price. (But I now can use cheaper drugstore mascaras, because of how this makes them perform with holding curl and lasting on my lashes.) I ran into the problem that others did with it changing in the tube on me quite soon after buying. (And no, I didn't get it on Ebay or something like that.) It became sort of funky (hard to describe the texture difference) where the mascara didn't apply quite as beautifully on top of it like it did before (but it's still applies okay.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I've tried this right before applying mascara and also tried letting it dry a bit first. Either way is okay, but I prefer applying the mascara right away, while the primer is still wet. I think the mascara is easier to apply that way. The lashes just look better when the mascara is on too. And the lasting power (no smudging/flaking) was better when I applied the mascara while the primer was wet. Love using this with the Shiseido curler because it creates a curl that lasts a long time for me. Favorite mascaras to use with this: Covergirl Remarkable Mascara (stays on well for nonwaterproof) or Milani's Runway Lashes, which is gorgeous for length/volume (I cover it with Clarins Double Fix to make it last.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Anon00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a must-have product for me. I'm Asian with fairly large eyes and thick eyelashes, but the curl just won't hold on its own. This mascara base is the only thing that keeps my curl up and lengthen my lashes. Regardless of what mascara I use after using this, my eyelashes are beautiful after. I usually use this base followed by a drugstore brand mascara. It works really well with CoverGirl mascaras and my eyelashes stay bright and long all day long. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite base.

Holds my curl, makes the follow up mascara apply evenly and stick to my lashes.

I can almost make any mascara better; there are some mascaras out there that can't be saved at all.

This is also great for grooming my eyebrows. I usually use the older tube that I have and it is a lot better than proper eyebrow gels for holding them in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I have tried tons of primers and I must say I am in LOVE!
I like this base for several reasons:
1- It goes on clear, so whatever mascara you wear you will be fine! No need to tons of coats.
2- It isn't hard. This is not like Lancome's base. This is very smooth, soft and nourishing.
3- It helps curling. If you have curl-resistant eyelashes this is worth trying. Curl, apply and apply mascara right on top. You will get great eyelashes.
4- Not hard to remove. Again! not your heavy white stuff! This actually breaks down easily with makeup remover, but resists humidity and heat.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

..................................................
Update:
After 6 months with this product I continue to love it and recommend it to everyone who has short and curl-resistant eye lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my second tube now :)
One that I bought as the comments here convinced me to try it and have not regret yet :)

It's better to apply mascara after it dried and it makes my lashes stayed curled + a super powerful volume!

Lately I notice my lashes are fuller n longer? Is it due to the use of this? This I do not know but yes, definitely a repurchase for this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by lovemyangel1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is totally awesome. I would buy this over and over it really makes bad mascara look awesome, it lifts up your lashes and makes the mascara stay fresh all day I TRUELY LOVE THIS .. well worth the money that is for sure

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ahusk75

This base isn't quite as good as the discontinued makeup mascara base, but it's still pretty great. Adds fullness and definition, and makes non-waterproof mascara last longer and hold curl better in my opinion. Even better when you use it with waterproof mascara even though that's tough on your lashes with daily use. On my fifth one and will continue to purchase even though it's a little pricy.