Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Very disappointed with this. I'm new to PC products as I had no idea we could get them in the UK. I like her ideas although I take the "all products" reviews on her website with a pinch of salt.
This has not done a lot for my skin so far, nothing that Dr. Brandt vacuum cleaner doesn't do in 10 minutes or SK:N oily skin exfoliator as a quick wash 2x a week does, both of these give me far better results than this product. I find it weak and for the price that is disappointing.
The bottle is rubbish, the plastic stopper that you pour out of is coming away from the neck of the bottle so the watery liquid seeps out of the crack as well as out the small aperture. Hard to pour, like a badly designed jug it comes out all wrong. Hard to apply as very watery and seeps in to your hands, you certainly can't hang about with application.
Unless this is cumulative and within the next few months I see drastic improvement I certainly won't repurchase.

on 7/8/2013 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this product. I have bumpy cheeks (I don't know how else to describe it) and I hung my hopes on the word "resurfacing," which is exactly what I felt I needed. I usually review products too quickly, but I waited with this one. I've been using it for three months (sometimes more than once a week) and, unfortunately, I don't see a big difference in the roughness of my skin. Also, the consistency is very, very thin, so it's hard to apply (there's no pump - you just have to pour some out onto your palm). I'll keep using it (probably with no more results than I've seen until now) until I finish it and then I'll search for another elixir (probably to no avail). I'm not repurchasing unless the results take a miraculous turn for the better. Sorry to blemish the good review record this product has, but I'm just very disappointed.

This was my first Paula's Choice purchase, and I only bought it because I saw not just the reviews here but also what appeared to be a great ingredient list (very basic and with loads of antioxidants).

Unfortunately, I would not repurchase for two reasons:

-1- It is too weak. I have sensitive skin, and if I didn't use any other AHA/BHA or vitamin A-type products on my skin, I could probably use the PC 3x a week. I need something stronger than that.

-2- The consistency. It is this weird-feeling, semi-viscous liquid. I don't care for it. It must be from the methylpropanediol or butylene glycol.

on 5/29/2013 12:07:00 AM

I just recently began using Paula's Choice products, after receiving recommendations from my friends. I have to say that the weekly resurfacing treatment is my favourite! My skin has a lot of whiteheads and after one night of applying this, wow I woke the next morning with most of whiteheads gone!!!!! Nw my skin is incredibly happy :)
This treatment will give you smoother skin in just one night! This is now my favourite exfoliant and second favourite is Paula's Choice 8% AHA. These exfoliants are wonderful.
But one advice is that the resurfacing treatment should not be used every day. I tried that and my skin became really oily, not a good sign. So do follow the instructions and use it about 2 times a week.

on 5/13/2013 11:56:00 PM

I can not even believe this product. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and my skin is BEAUTIFUL it has never looked this way! I got results after one use and my skin really does look resurfaced. Before I used this I hated my skin texture so much, it looked rough and bumpy with old acne scars all over, plus uneven skin tone with lots of redness in my face. Now it is baby butt smooth with beautiful evened out tone and less redness overall. I can not stop touching my face.

I'm new to Paulas Choice but I'm already a huge fan. First 2 products I ordered were the 2% BHA liquid and the 7% AHA dark spot eraser (to lighten my freckles and post acne hyper-pigmentation). I basically instantly had an improvement in my skin and was so thrilled I ordered the rest of her line. I love love love it. I was unsure about if I would even need the 10% resurfacing treatment since I was already using 7% but believe me even that 3% made such a difference in the difference that had already been made! In fact it made such a great difference that I've replaced the 7% with this for daily use and instead got the 2% BHA dark spot eraser to use under it.

As a disclaimer to that last statement I do not by any means have sensitive or thin skin, my skin is young and very used to exfoliation as before this I was manually exfoliating with sugar daily. If your skin is not used to exfoliation this will cause breakouts as it gets in deep to clean and clear your skin, STICK WITH IT! If you have dry or sensitive skin I can see this causing a stinging sensation, for me it doesnt sting at all although at first my skin felt a little itchy. I just put a moisturizer on top of everything and its good to go.

I think everyone should give this product a try, she sells samples and at the moment I'm writing this review her website is having a 15% off sale on all antiaging products so it takes the edge off the price. They have sales daily so if at the time you read this the are having a sale on something else just keep checking back. I would pay the full price for this though honestly. Holy freaking grail I'm building it an altar to worship it upon.

on 4/23/2013 5:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I am on the fence with this one, as it can be a bit strong for me. It does help with breakouts, but can leave me raw. It goes on like liquid and you can leave it on for 10 minutes or longer and wash it off or all night. Also, you can leave it on overnight. All depends on what your skin tolerates. I am glad I got this and have had it foverever. I use about 2 times a month. It's like a mild peel. Next day my skin is good, but I am often senstive for 3 days and do flake a bit. But then I am good for a while. Nice to have a around. I haven't tried a huge number of AHA produts. PCs 5% (broke me out), 8% (can dry but is fine) and Neostrata (also a moisturizer). Hard to get the balance right with all be too little and too much. This doesn't have anything added that clogs me.

Update: Still using this when I get clogged. So while it's expensive, the bottle lasts me a long time. So just be careful not to overdo it. I get clogged because of sunscreen and trying things and my skin is dry and has a lot dead skin layers. I haven't tried orther peels and they scare me, so I can't compare. Also you don't need much.

on 3/28/2013 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Loved this for a week or two. But then it started to cause cystic acne. I discontinued it, it went away, tried it again and within a week I got two huge bumps on my chin. I am not acne-prone either. I give it a three because it is a good product, just not for me. And also on a whim I put it on my feet one night trying to find a use for it and woke up to soft skin on my feet. It also works good to exfoliate my neck, chest and shoulders. I doubt I would buy again though ~ but glad I found a good use for the rest of it!

on 3/25/2013 3:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

been using this for 4 months..once a week. I do see the changes of my skin, become lighter and smoother.. but the changes just very small..the price a bit expensive on this small bottle, and its liquid in inside, instead wasting it using cotton pad, i just put dimy size on my palm and apply to my face with my finger...

Im happy with this, but not amaze by it...because i feel that PC's Body Treatment BHA 2% done better job on my face compare to this AHA 10%...and it come with big tube which totally worthy for me..

At the moment i wont re-purchase this, not because its not good, just its not something that i looking for...

on 3/11/2013 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am loving this product. So far, I've used it once a week for five weeks. I have oily clog prone skin, so I use the 2% bha, which has helped me a lot. I wasn't sure sure if aha was going to be good for my skin type, but I got this because my skin was looking a little dull. This stuff works magically. I put this on after I wash my face, then put the resist antioxidant serum on. I wake up to glowing smooth skin. I can't explain it, but it provides that extra 'ommph' that I wasn't getting from just using the bha. I only use this once a week, and I don't notice any dryness or sensitivity after using this. It does tingle a bit when you put it on, and I only use a very small amount and pat it on my face. The other days I use the 2% bha and my skin seems to llike both. Paula has really good sales and I got this when it was 40% off, so the price was not too bad. If it truly works and helps my skin, then it is worth it. The bottle is small, but because it's only meant to be used weekly, it will last for a few months.

Wow! This is an excellent once-weekly superexfoliant! I rinse off after 10-15 minutes, as suggested, and then follow up with Paula's Choice RESIST antioxidant toner (not the AHA or BHA ones), skip my retinol product and add a simple moisturizer. Makes all the difference in the world, and I feel it's better to use a once-weekly AHA since I use retinol products regularly. The product has a medicinal fragrance, but it dissipates pretty quickly and I rinse it off anyway, so it's not really an issue.

Popular Treatments (Face)