July 31, 2014 | 2020 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by maxzchua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

been using this for 4 months..once a week. I do see the changes of my skin, become lighter and smoother.. but the changes just very small..the price a bit expensive on this small bottle, and its liquid in inside, instead wasting it using cotton pad, i just put dimy size on my palm and apply to my face with my finger...

Im happy with this, but not amaze by it...because i feel that PC's Body Treatment BHA 2% done better job on my face compare to this AHA 10%...and it come with big tube which totally worthy for me..

At the moment i wont re-purchase this, not because its not good, just its not something that i looking for...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am loving this product. So far, I've used it once a week for five weeks. I have oily clog prone skin, so I use the 2% bha, which has helped me a lot. I wasn't sure sure if aha was going to be good for my skin type, but I got this because my skin was looking a little dull. This stuff works magically. I put this on after I wash my face, then put the resist antioxidant serum on. I wake up to glowing smooth skin. I can't explain it, but it provides that extra 'ommph' that I wasn't getting from just using the bha. I only use this once a week, and I don't notice any dryness or sensitivity after using this. It does tingle a bit when you put it on, and I only use a very small amount and pat it on my face. The other days I use the 2% bha and my skin seems to llike both. Paula has really good sales and I got this when it was 40% off, so the price was not too bad. If it truly works and helps my skin, then it is worth it. The bottle is small, but because it's only meant to be used weekly, it will last for a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by runningwithmyheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This is an excellent once-weekly superexfoliant! I rinse off after 10-15 minutes, as suggested, and then follow up with Paula's Choice RESIST antioxidant toner (not the AHA or BHA ones), skip my retinol product and add a simple moisturizer. Makes all the difference in the world, and I feel it's better to use a once-weekly AHA since I use retinol products regularly. The product has a medicinal fragrance, but it dissipates pretty quickly and I rinse it off anyway, so it's not really an issue.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Violetgreenblue

Looking for an exfoliant, I splurged on this product after reading all the rave reviews but haven't found it effective after about a month's use. I'm 28 years old with fair skin so perhaps I'm not the product's targeted demographic. I haven't left the product on for more than 10-30 minutes because I begin to get an uncomfortable stinging sensation, irritated and bumpy skin. I also noticed two broken capillaries about the time I started this product, and I've never had that problem before. I'm not sure if it was the product or coincidence.

I'm actually really disappointed with PC right now because I've really trusted their opinion on beauty products and thought they had great customer service. When I posted my review to their site, they edited out some of my points, and consequently altered the meaning of what I wrote to their advantage. It's especially suspicious they edited out my mention of broken capillaries instead of addressing the issue.

18 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product! I love this for my oily-acne prone skintype with large pores. For the most I use this once a week, but when I want to deepclean it I use it twice a week. I put it on and leave it over night, and after an hour my pores are smaller and my skin is smooth with a glow. It also may help with breakouts that I sometimes get, my face has had minimal acne, and that is a huge plus for me. I have recommended this to many of my friends and for the most part they love it as well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! I'm so impressed with this. I've used it about 5 times and it has already significantly improved and smoothed my skin tone. I will definitely be repurchasing this and recommending it to all my friends and family! Love love love it! I've paid A LOT more for a fraction of the results! This is by far my favourite product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Pinky911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just started using this product a week ago, so the jury's still out and all that hoo-haa...BUT, I like it so far. I've been using this twice a week (Sundays and Wednesdays) so tonight will only be the 3rd time I've used the product. I've been applying it on a clean dry face in the evenings and leaving it on overnight. I definitely noticed a tingle/slight burning sensation when applying, but nothing compared to the Reviva Labs 10% Glycolic Cream I used to use. The next morning my face looks very smooth and glowing. I haven't noticed any peeling or irritation from this product. I recently started using a brush to apply my foundation and even the swirling and buffing against my skin has not caused any residual peeling the next morning. I'm not sure if this is going to make me break out or not though...which is my main concern. Over the holidays I suffered three major cysts and although my face is probably 90% clear now (small bumbs on forehead and sides of temples/cheekbones) I do not want any more cystic acne. Scars badly and makes me cry. Haha-not really...well kind of. But seriously, the scaring alone is awful. I would love to leave the house one day with NO foundation/concealer.

I am also using on a nightly basis (for the past 2.5 to 3 weeks) the RESIST BHA 9 product (also Paula's Choice) at night (on the night's I'm not using the Glycolic Resurfacing Treatment). I'm not sure how impressed I am with the BHA...I'll write a seperate review. Anyhow, as long as this product doesn't cause me to break out (I think I have some small new acne bumps on my forehead, but unsure what's causing it) then I will continue using.

Additional info on my skin routine:

Daytime:
wash face with Purpose-brand face wash (in shower)
apply Jojoba Oil to face and under eyes
also apply L'Oreal Age Perfect Golden Balm under-eye moisturizer
(once dry): apply Acne.org (Dan's) Benzol Peroxide treament - 2.5% BP
(once dry): apply L'Oreal Sublime Sun Liquid Silk Sunshield for Face SPF 50
...then (finally) apply make up

Nighttime:
wash face with Purpose-brand face wash (in shower or at sink)
apply either Paula's Choice RESIST BHA 9
twice weekly
apply Paula's Choice Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only tried this product twice, with samples I've had, yet both times I awoke the next morning with tons of tiny zits. The first time I thought it was a coincidence, but not the second time. I had a similar reaction years ago to an oatmeal scrub that may have been too abrasive (after one use as well). I left it on overnight, but my skin was not magically smooth or anything. I can use my Skinsonic and Paula's 1% BHA lotion without reguarly without problems, and I also tried her 2% lotion for a couple days in a row, so I don't think it has to do with being sensitive to exfoliation in general. Not a fan of liquid products either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You won't believe how good your skin feels when you wake up after applying this the night before. Not only does my skin feel amazingly smooth but it looks almost as if a difuser has been air brushed along my face.
I use this product 2-3 times a week and hope Paula never stops making it. For first time users, go easy as it is pretty strong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whow.
Putting it simply: Do you want to wake up with radiant, baby soft skin?
Put this on at night. You can only do it once a week and it will sting +++, but believe me, it's worth it.