October 23, 2014 | 920 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by bettyqxw

I just recently began using Paula's Choice products, after receiving recommendations from my friends. I have to say that the weekly resurfacing treatment is my favourite! My skin has a lot of whiteheads and after one night of applying this, wow I woke the next morning with most of whiteheads gone!!!!! Nw my skin is incredibly happy :)
This treatment will give you smoother skin in just one night! This is now my favourite exfoliant and second favourite is Paula's Choice 8% AHA. These exfoliants are wonderful.
But one advice is that the resurfacing treatment should not be used every day. I tried that and my skin became really oily, not a good sign. So do follow the instructions and use it about 2 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by KateDC

I can not even believe this product. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and my skin is BEAUTIFUL it has never looked this way! I got results after one use and my skin really does look resurfaced. Before I used this I hated my skin texture so much, it looked rough and bumpy with old acne scars all over, plus uneven skin tone with lots of redness in my face. Now it is baby butt smooth with beautiful evened out tone and less redness overall. I can not stop touching my face.

I'm new to Paulas Choice but I'm already a huge fan. First 2 products I ordered were the 2% BHA liquid and the 7% AHA dark spot eraser (to lighten my freckles and post acne hyper-pigmentation). I basically instantly had an improvement in my skin and was so thrilled I ordered the rest of her line. I love love love it. I was unsure about if I would even need the 10% resurfacing treatment since I was already using 7% but believe me even that 3% made such a difference in the difference that had already been made! In fact it made such a great difference that I've replaced the 7% with this for daily use and instead got the 2% BHA dark spot eraser to use under it.

As a disclaimer to that last statement I do not by any means have sensitive or thin skin, my skin is young and very used to exfoliation as before this I was manually exfoliating with sugar daily. If your skin is not used to exfoliation this will cause breakouts as it gets in deep to clean and clear your skin, STICK WITH IT! If you have dry or sensitive skin I can see this causing a stinging sensation, for me it doesnt sting at all although at first my skin felt a little itchy. I just put a moisturizer on top of everything and its good to go.

I think everyone should give this product a try, she sells samples and at the moment I'm writing this review her website is having a 15% off sale on all antiaging products so it takes the edge off the price. They have sales daily so if at the time you read this the are having a sale on something else just keep checking back. I would pay the full price for this though honestly. Holy freaking grail I'm building it an altar to worship it upon.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am on the fence with this one, as it can be a bit strong for me. It does help with breakouts, but can leave me raw. It goes on like liquid and you can leave it on for 10 minutes or longer and wash it off or all night. Also, you can leave it on overnight. All depends on what your skin tolerates. I am glad I got this and have had it foverever. I use about 2 times a month. It's like a mild peel. Next day my skin is good, but I am often senstive for 3 days and do flake a bit. But then I am good for a while. Nice to have a around. I haven't tried a huge number of AHA produts. PCs 5% (broke me out), 8% (can dry but is fine) and Neostrata (also a moisturizer). Hard to get the balance right with all be too little and too much. This doesn't have anything added that clogs me.

Update: Still using this when I get clogged. So while it's expensive, the bottle lasts me a long time. So just be careful not to overdo it. I get clogged because of sunscreen and trying things and my skin is dry and has a lot dead skin layers. I haven't tried orther peels and they scare me, so I can't compare. Also you don't need much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Loved this for a week or two. But then it started to cause cystic acne. I discontinued it, it went away, tried it again and within a week I got two huge bumps on my chin. I am not acne-prone either. I give it a three because it is a good product, just not for me. And also on a whim I put it on my feet one night trying to find a use for it and woke up to soft skin on my feet. It also works good to exfoliate my neck, chest and shoulders. I doubt I would buy again though ~ but glad I found a good use for the rest of it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by maxzchua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

been using this for 4 months..once a week. I do see the changes of my skin, become lighter and smoother.. but the changes just very small..the price a bit expensive on this small bottle, and its liquid in inside, instead wasting it using cotton pad, i just put dimy size on my palm and apply to my face with my finger...

Im happy with this, but not amaze by it...because i feel that PC's Body Treatment BHA 2% done better job on my face compare to this AHA 10%...and it come with big tube which totally worthy for me..

At the moment i wont re-purchase this, not because its not good, just its not something that i looking for...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am loving this product. So far, I've used it once a week for five weeks. I have oily clog prone skin, so I use the 2% bha, which has helped me a lot. I wasn't sure sure if aha was going to be good for my skin type, but I got this because my skin was looking a little dull. This stuff works magically. I put this on after I wash my face, then put the resist antioxidant serum on. I wake up to glowing smooth skin. I can't explain it, but it provides that extra 'ommph' that I wasn't getting from just using the bha. I only use this once a week, and I don't notice any dryness or sensitivity after using this. It does tingle a bit when you put it on, and I only use a very small amount and pat it on my face. The other days I use the 2% bha and my skin seems to llike both. Paula has really good sales and I got this when it was 40% off, so the price was not too bad. If it truly works and helps my skin, then it is worth it. The bottle is small, but because it's only meant to be used weekly, it will last for a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by runningwithmyheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This is an excellent once-weekly superexfoliant! I rinse off after 10-15 minutes, as suggested, and then follow up with Paula's Choice RESIST antioxidant toner (not the AHA or BHA ones), skip my retinol product and add a simple moisturizer. Makes all the difference in the world, and I feel it's better to use a once-weekly AHA since I use retinol products regularly. The product has a medicinal fragrance, but it dissipates pretty quickly and I rinse it off anyway, so it's not really an issue.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Violetgreenblue

Looking for an exfoliant, I splurged on this product after reading all the rave reviews but haven't found it effective after about a month's use. I'm 28 years old with fair skin so perhaps I'm not the product's targeted demographic. I haven't left the product on for more than 10-30 minutes because I begin to get an uncomfortable stinging sensation, irritated and bumpy skin. I also noticed two broken capillaries about the time I started this product, and I've never had that problem before. I'm not sure if it was the product or coincidence.

I'm actually really disappointed with PC right now because I've really trusted their opinion on beauty products and thought they had great customer service. When I posted my review to their site, they edited out some of my points, and consequently altered the meaning of what I wrote to their advantage. It's especially suspicious they edited out my mention of broken capillaries instead of addressing the issue.

20 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product! I love this for my oily-acne prone skintype with large pores. For the most I use this once a week, but when I want to deepclean it I use it twice a week. I put it on and leave it over night, and after an hour my pores are smaller and my skin is smooth with a glow. It also may help with breakouts that I sometimes get, my face has had minimal acne, and that is a huge plus for me. I have recommended this to many of my friends and for the most part they love it as well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! I'm so impressed with this. I've used it about 5 times and it has already significantly improved and smoothed my skin tone. I will definitely be repurchasing this and recommending it to all my friends and family! Love love love it! I've paid A LOT more for a fraction of the results! This is by far my favourite product!