July 30, 2014 | 1940 users online

Lips - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite pink lipsticks. It's very vibrant without being extremely gaudy. You can find other pinks that look like this at the drug store, which is why it doesn't get a 5, but it is an awesome lipstick. This lippie reminds me of the '70s and bombshells of that era. I like that it's moisturizing and not chalky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a cool toned pink colour.. something a little darker than VG Gaga. This looked good in the store and when I got home I realised it was a bit too milky and settled into my liplines, more like a matte than a lustre. Not my favourite and haven't touched it much after that. Has the potential to look good under a gloss, but thats just a little too much effort for me on most days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My go-to pink lipstick! The lustre finish makes it more subtle than a matte and keeps it from caking. Instead, my lips look moist and full. The longevity is pretty good, though I do need to reapply every few hours. On my lips, the product feels light and slick, in an almost moisturizing way. The blue undertones give the product almost a lilac-pink appearance, and subtly brighten teeth (cool plus!). Consequently, it definitely suits more cooler tones, I daresay!

This is a great day-to-day colour for me. I find it to be feminine and romantic (if that makes any sense!). I guess I mean that it's a sweet colour - pretty and a little bit playful. Anyhoo, adjectives aside, I love this lipstick and I will definitely continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a light-med neutral pink (leaning more towards the cool side). its very moisturizing and leaves a slight sheen. It gives me a YLBB look and I can layer it without it looking cakey. I have been wearing this everyday this winter, as I am fairly pale now it looks very pretty and natural. In the summer I like to wear brighter pinks/corals but for now this is perfect. I thought this would be too cool for me as Im a C3 with hazel eyes and golden highlights (like gisele bundchen, jennifer anniston) but it actualy works and brings out the green in my eyes! :-)
I do occasionaly mix it with crosswires (for some added brightness) and with MUFE #15 lipliner ( a dark pink).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

i forgot my lipstick when i went to a bar with my girlfriend, so i borrowed hers after a few drinks. I loved this even when i was tipsy. I went to MAC a few days later n asked for this shade. i tested it on and my boyfriend said he liked it on me right away. btw, this is my 1st mac lipstick, def coming back for more b/c i find this formula none drying n applies smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by LollipopLovingXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful bubblegum slightly cool pink. It looks like a candy colored pink and always gets a million compliments. I love it with bronzey makeup. I also love the vanilla scent of MAC lipsticks. XO

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by BonnieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my go to lipstick. I am almost done my first tube, and I will definitely repurchase once it's done. This is the perfect shade of pink that compliments my skin tone, and many people tell me this shade suits me absolutely perfectly. I almost never use any other shade of lipstick. Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by goldenluxury

This is a nice bubblegum pink color. This color is lovely on its own or worn with MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ConcreteGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really pretty cool pink. I think it's one of MACs best pink lipsticks. I think it brightens up my face and looks really nice paired with lilac toned gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a wild hair a few months back and purchased all the "staple" MAC pinks. Of them, Lovelorn is by and far my favorite.

I don't have very pigmented lips, so one swipe is enough to give me flushed- and healthy-looking lips: perfect for low-key summer days. It's easily one of the few lipsticks that make me look radiant.

If you're not looking for a subdued pink lip, you can build up the color easily for an all-out "girly" pink -- just know that the blue undertones in this lipstick are strong, and anyone with warm skin is going to look a little goofy.

Overall, it's a beautiful and versatile pink, best suited for cool skintones. This lipstick has been my companion all summer, so 5 lippies from me. =)