MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lovelorn is a medium barbie pink with very little blue tones. there is enough blue in this to make this a true barbie pink, but not enough to make it unwearable. i'm fair mediterranean with medium pigmentation on my lips and also am a little tanned at the moment, and this on me, is about half a shade lighter than my lips, but still defines them and flatters my face because of the brightness. for reference, this is basically a 'my lips but better' for me but in a barbie pink that's a little more illuminating than a my lips but better shade. i feel that because of the kind of pink this is, it doesn't clash with any yellowiness in my skin, but rather constrasts and compliments it. in fact i'm sure this would compliment pretty much anyone because it seems like quite a chameleon colour from what i've seen from others' pictures.
this is also very buildable which is great, because the colour looks gorgeous when it's fully built up, but can still act as just a nice pink touch for ladies that are after that too.
this is also the only Lustre lipstick i own, that feels like a Cremesheen because it's so soft and creamy! glides on so nicely. i find myself applying this a lot without a lip balm or a gloss which i can very rarely do with any lipstick.
would repurchase.

on 5/2/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Is there such a thing as too much MLBB? This is almost an exact match for my gum color, which I understand is what you should look for, but for some reason it doesn't thrill me by itself, maybe because it's so close to the color of my pigmented lips. I'm cool so I thought this would knock it out of the park, but it makes me think it'll wear down to meh. I'm starting to think it may be better for dark-haired lovelies like the girl in the pic above. I put KissKiss Liplift on underneath and Josie Maran Dyani gloss on top and that is a very wearable look, but I'm not getting the teeth whitening effect much. So far, Lustering is still HG and I'd like to try Sweetie but I don't want frost. Might repurchase, but not definite.

on 4/20/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I never usually wear any shade of pink (im more into neutrals/browns) but I was looking for something different... So I tried a RED! I loved it but not for everyday, well, my husband didn't care for it (I am very light complected), so I figured to try a nice shade of pink and I love this color and it goes on super smooth and stays on!

on 4/19/2012 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this color! I uploaded the picture so you can see how amazing the color is! I actually have NC 35 skin and this is great light pink. Usually, pinks look awful/trashy on me but this is beautiful and soft. The first time I wore it, I got compliments from everyone. Try it!

on 3/19/2012 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this lipstick! Not too loud for daytime and not unnoticeable for a night out. This was my first lipstick purchase and I love it. The best part for me was it looks so close to my natural lip color. Definitely recommend!

on 2/10/2012 5:25:00 PM

Unbelievable. It's everything a lipstick should be.

It does apply a bit differently than you might expect. I might not have tried it if I were just looking at the actual product, but the result on my lips is incredible. If you have any doubts from looking at it, try it on your lips!

on 1/31/2012 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My favorite MAC lipstick and I have collected a lot of MACs and Chanels. I'm an NC35 for reference, 032 in Dior and this suits me perfectly IMO. It isn't chalky at all on my lips. The formulation is fantastic and moisturizing. This is the epitome of MLBB :) I definitely recommend every girl to have this color in their makeup collection.

on 1/23/2012 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

One of my favorite pink lipsticks. It's very vibrant without being extremely gaudy. You can find other pinks that look like this at the drug store, which is why it doesn't get a 5, but it is an awesome lipstick. This lippie reminds me of the '70s and bombshells of that era. I like that it's moisturizing and not chalky.

on 1/16/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was looking for a cool toned pink colour.. something a little darker than VG Gaga. This looked good in the store and when I got home I realised it was a bit too milky and settled into my liplines, more like a matte than a lustre. Not my favourite and haven't touched it much after that. Has the potential to look good under a gloss, but thats just a little too much effort for me on most days.

on 1/11/2012 8:17:00 PM

My go-to pink lipstick! The lustre finish makes it more subtle than a matte and keeps it from caking. Instead, my lips look moist and full. The longevity is pretty good, though I do need to reapply every few hours. On my lips, the product feels light and slick, in an almost moisturizing way. The blue undertones give the product almost a lilac-pink appearance, and subtly brighten teeth (cool plus!). Consequently, it definitely suits more cooler tones, I daresay!

This is a great day-to-day colour for me. I find it to be feminine and romantic (if that makes any sense!). I guess I mean that it's a sweet colour - pretty and a little bit playful. Anyhoo, adjectives aside, I love this lipstick and I will definitely continue to repurchase!

Popular Lipsticks