April 21, 2014 | 1253 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - L'Imperatrice Eau de Toilette

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by xtccloud9xtc

I've been on the hunt for something that smells kinda fresh and fruity with a hint of sophistication. I didn't want to smell like an overly sweet cheap perfume that a high schooler would wear. I stumbled on this by a youtuber frmheadtotoe and I ordered it without trying it. Stupid right? Turns out, I love it. It's complex with different notes. Although it's not what the description says, but to me... I smell... jolly rancher watermelon/green apple with flowers and musk. And sometimes it smells slightly differently depending on my body chemistry. Many other perfumes don't match well with my body, leaving me smelling like alcohol or such. My favorite perfumes prior to this was DKNY Be Delicious and Marc Jacob's Daisy. It's not as fruity as Be Delicious and not old lady smelling as Daisy and it's lighter too. This perfume makes me feel pretty. I wear it all year round. It is a lighter fragrance so it lasts a few hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by reaperangelique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not going to lie, the first and foremost reason I got this was the name- I love Tarot and this collection won me over immediately. l'Imperatrice is one of my favourite cards. So obviously, I had to have it, and I'm not disappointed. Fruity, light and fresh, it was strong and a little too much at first but it grew on me very quickly and I love it. The bottle is large, plain, and solid and there's something about it I really like- they could have done really elaborate packaging with such a theme but they went for totally simple, not even mentioning the Tarot outside of the untranslated names, so there's something subtle about it- which is funny considering the big statement bottles. I really love it, it's my everyday fragrance right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by PandaPurr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes;Rhubarb, kiwi accord, and red currant; a heart of pink cyclamen, watermelon, and jasmine; and a base of musk, sandalwood, and grapefruit wood.

I actually really love this perfume.I can smell at first kiwi,pink grapefruit,melon and strawberry.It collides swiftly into a warmer vanille scent but still fruity,before settling down into a hot musk thats kind of more smoky.

I don't like when the strawberry is moving into vanille though,for that interminable minute I can smell strawberry-ish baby food.It is kind of gross, but thankfully it doesn't last long.The other downer is when I first smell it,it burns your nose.I can really tell there is lots of alchol in it which made me a little dissapointed.

If you like the sound of the review really it's a good idea to smell it because I got mine really cheap for a 3.3 floz.Ihave had it for 6 months now,and I have wore it everyday and the perfume is still only and inch from the top.I probably won't go through lots of these since of that.The lasting power (perfumes don't last at all on me.) is actually the longest ever,5 hours plus.It lasts longer on other people I know though.The balance is really nice but weirdly when I spray this on my clothes it smells sort of mayo-ish in the middle notes so I aim it on my skin.

I also really like the bottle.I hate bottles that have massive rubbery flowers coming out of them,or that are too clunky for my dresser.This is clunky but in a good way.I hope this review was helpful and if you think it was please tick yes. Thank-you so much for reading and I hope it wasn't too long. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tested this fragrance not having read anything about it. It was not what I expected nor, it's name implied. 3 L'Imperatrice is The Empress, the third card in the Tarot Major Arcana symbolizing abundance, earth mother, fertility, you get my drift. I wasn't expecting it to be thin and fruity. I expected something lush. I have yet to find a D&G fragrance I like. Too bad because I really love the bottle and as an avid Tarot reader and deck collector, I really want to find one that works for me in this series.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Alexsauce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I discovered this fragrance while watching a video on youtube I was intrigued by the scent description and soon forgot about it. Later at an impromptu trip to Sephora I saw it and gave it a sniff. It was magical. I was convinced it was the best smelling perfume on the planet! It was fresh without being soapy and sweet without being cloying and immature. This is a sophisticated juicy scent. It is almost like a shampoo type of scent with more complexity and mmm yumminess. Since there are notes of musks in it which keeps this perfume balanced. But for the most part it is a fantastic spring all year round day fragrance. You can spray it and forget it. It's not one of those perfumes you have to be careful with going overboard since it is very light. With that said the lasting power is disappointing but I don't mind reapplying. It is marketed as being Uni-sex although L' Imperatrice is very feminine to my nose and it would be interesting to smell this on a man. All in all once you spray this on you will feel (just like the name implies) and Emperess. Poweful, confident, luxurious, and ready to take on the day (with lots of fresh fruit thrown in served to you on a gold jewel encrusted platter of course)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by sweetapplepie

i love this smell! mmmm
fruity, smells a bit like watermelons witch i probably why i love it so much. it smells a bit like grapefruits too. Very light and distinctive. This is the best smelling out of all the numbers D&G have. The rest smell hideous

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by zalime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY FAV SCENT OF ALL! I get compliments whenever i wear this. Not too strong, a sweet fruity (watermelon?) scent. LOVE! But the bottle is a bit hideous.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so very picky with what scent I can wear. I have extremely sensitive olfactory and if I wear something too strong, I end up with a migraine from Hell.

I went to my local Sephora and was browsing, like ya do, and the SA asked if I needed any help. Normally, I would have blown her off with the "thanks but I'm just looking, I'll find you IF/WHEN I need you". But, I figured, why not. I explained to her of my situation and how I want something subtle, yet sophisticated, not overpowering, and I didn't want to smell like a cheap French whore. She suggested this to me. I spritzed it, waited, sniffed, sniffed again, and again, and again. I was addicted! I figured that I would see if I liked it as the day went on and see if the scent lasted. I walked the mall and kept sniffing my wrist. I must have looked like an ass, but I didn't care. Several hours later, the scent was still lingering and I knew I had to have it. That being said, I'm on my 3rd bottle. I can't get enough of this scent! So, obviously the "would you buy this product again" is a yes for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by ashlielgrant

Love fruity scents but am VERY picky ! I LOVE the way this smells - I didnt like it at first but after smelling it on my skin - I fell in love ! This is my go to fragrance. My boyfriend never mentioned anything about the way I smelled. I switched up my fragrance for about 4 months and then went back to this scent. He immeeddiately told me after I had put it on that he loves that scent and it reminds him of past good memories. :-) Have rebought this product and will continue to rebuy. Took me forever to find a scent that I loved, so glad I found it !

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

Meh rotten fruits all throughout. Strange smelling. Has a nice drydown about 5 hours after wearing it but it's not worth that!