Cover Girl Pocket Powder

4.1

My only problem with this is that it highlights dry areas if you don't moisturize well first. I can't use it as a true "foundation" as it says because it's not enough coverage for my seventeen year old / combo / acne prone skin. I like it as a finishing and touch-up powder, though. The colors are darker than expected; my best match is "Classic Ivory" for my light-med skin but I'm not pale at all. I'll continue to use this until I find something better. **Update** I am on my third compact of this -- I barely used up 1/2 of the first two. For something that's marketed as a travel, POCKET powder, they crumble rather effortlessly. I am very careful with my purse yet I manage to break these. I've found it's fine to use as a loose powder but it makes such a mess and cannot stay in the little blue case. Another lipstick off.

This is the best powder I have ever used. The compact is small enough that I can take it to school and use it whenever I start getting shiney. It gets rid of oil and gives really nice light coverage. The big mirror is nice too.

on 7/15/2003 9:24:00 AM

I am usually always disappointed with all Cover Girl products, but this is an exception. I bought one shade too dark for me, but I can use it in the summer time when Im tanned from swimming. This controls my oilies and doest cake up around the nose like others. I apply it with a big soft brush, b/c it always looks better that way than using the applicator given with it. This smooths out my skin without clogging any pores. Great product!

on 4/22/2003 4:16:00 PM

Although this powder is a bit too sheer for me to use as foundation, I like to use it as a touch-up powder. Classic Ivory is very neutral and would be good for most LLLs. I like the sponge applicator on this much more than the usual puffs because it seems to apply the powder much more smoothly and evenly.

Edited to say that I'm now using this color as a foundation. It's definitely not too sheer and controls oil very well! Too bad the compact is kinda fugly. =)

on 2/24/2003 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Surprisingly, this product worked wonders for me. I'm a light skin tone, and finding a good color of foundation is hard, but the classic beige was perfect. It smoothed over my face, just like a liquid normally does. I recomend this product to anyone who needs just a little touch of definetion to their face.

on 10/22/2002 12:25:00 AM

This is a surprisingly good powder. I was in desperate need of a new powder so I ran to Target and just grabbed the first respectable looking powder I could find. It matches my skin very nice, but it was hard to find the perfect color at the store. The color swatches weren't too accurate. The powder keeps me matte for about my whole(school) day. It didn't dry me out or anything. I'd definately reccomend this.

on 9/6/2002 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I test-drove this today and actually liked this. I smoothed this on in place of my usual liquid foundation followed by powder and this gave a smooth, matte finish. It gives light coverage that would be good on a day off. I liked this better than MK CTP. The compact is small so it's easy to carry along for touchups, but I didn't need to touchup. And for $6.47, you can afford to give it a try.
Look very carefully at the shades. I thought that I would need a Buff Beige but it looked too dark to me. I ended up getting the Ivory, which worked perfectly for me.

This is worth trying out and I would buy this again.